Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wiseone »

Has he ever had a good game against Liverpool. The bigger loss is Martial.

We also have to contextualise Man Utd's results in light of the injuries that have crippled them over the last 2 months. Now let us project the same injuries on Liverpool. Do we think Liverpool would be flying high at the top of the table if they were playing without their GK, RB, LB, one CD (AKA 75% of their first choice back 4), best outfield player, winger, and CF? (Alisson, TAA, Matip, Robertson, Salah, Firmino, Fabinho)
marko wrote:Pogba officially out of the Liverpool game, where united are struggling to create chances, where exactly is this coming from? Mata? way past it, we can only hope and pray, like lambs to the slaughter!
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:Has he ever had a good game against Liverpool. The bigger loss is Martial.

We also have to contextualise Man Utd's results in light of the injuries that have crippled them over the last 2 months. Now let us project the same injuries on Liverpool. Do we think Liverpool would be flying high at the top of the table if they were playing without their GK, RB, LB, one CD (AKA 75% of their first choice back 4), best outfield player, winger, and CF? (Alisson, TAA, Matip, Robertson, Salah, Firmino, Fabinho)
marko wrote:Pogba officially out of the Liverpool game, where united are struggling to create chances, where exactly is this coming from? Mata? way past it, we can only hope and pray, like lambs to the slaughter!
The game where LVG's United beat Liverpool at Anfield, where Gerrard got a red card, Mata was terrific. He was instrumental to that victory, Liverpool were outperformed even when they had 11 men
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Ed Woodward fights back :

Manchester United’s recruitment has been dysfunctional, admits Ed Woodward

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... d-woodward
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I was talking about Pogba, not Johnny Kills.That Liverpool game (where he scored a sensational scissor kick (see video below) was Johnny's best performance for Man Utd. Note that Carrick, Di Maria, and Andrew Smith were involved in the build-up to that goal (ADM got the assist). Are Man Utd a better team without them?....

benteke wrote:
wiseone wrote:Has he ever had a good game against Liverpool. The bigger loss is Martial.

The game where LVG's United beat Liverpool at Anfield, where Gerrard got a red card, Mata was terrific. He was instrumental to that victory, Liverpool were outperformed even when they had 11 men
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

1) If anything the club backed their managers too much regarding player recruitment and gave all of them the Emperor like power that Ferguson had over signings and sales. The result has been a disjointed squad which players signed to fit the philosophy of the manager that signed them, but ending up unwanted by the next manager because the player does not fit into their system (e.g. Blind, Zaha, Lukaku, Fellaini, Depay, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Varela).

2) Some odd things from that article: "Daley Blind is cited as a very fine footballer who did not possess the requisite X factor and so should not have been signed." Bollox. Either the club are wrong or the article made up that part. Blind never let the club down, played in five different positions, and his best run of form (under LVG) coincided with the best perormances Man U have had post Ferguson.

3) "Ole’s vision maps exactly to the core three football objectives we have: we must win trophies, we must play attacking football and we must give youth its chance.” - LVG did 2 of those 3 things and he still got fired. He won Man Utd's first post Ferguson trophy and had the courage to introduce Rashford into the first team and throw him in as an 18yo against Arsenal, as well as putting other youngsters like Fosu-Mensah (who lest we forget was a youth team Ajax team-mate of that brilliant Ajax squad that reached the Champions League SF last season, and was considered a star at youth level when he was knocking about with De Jong, De Ligt, Van de Beek etc.
benteke wrote:Ed Woodward fights back :

Manchester United’s recruitment has been dysfunctional, admits Ed Woodward

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... d-woodward
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The question everyone should be asking is why all united players are dropping with injuries
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Tuanzebe injured in warm up, we just cannot get a break, very bizarre injuries
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Norwich next, what will OGS do?? play the same formation how we started against Liverpool or revert to his 4-3-2-1? Perreira was easily my man of the match for united, playing in his favoured role

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:Norwich next, what will OGS do?? play the same formation how we started against Liverpool or revert to his 4-3-2-1? Perreira was easily my man of the match for united, playing in his favoured role
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

firat away win since March, lets hope this is the start of something good lol

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:The question everyone should be asking is why all united players are dropping with injuries
The real question everyone should be asking is why you thought you could insult our dear Falcons and get away with it, scot free?

You havent even begun to suffer the pain I have laid out for you. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Years ago, when I said this boy was brainless... some people said my mouth was smelling. Even my own Uncle, Oloye, disowned me and adopted the boy as his own son. :lol:

Well, as usual, I see things years before others! Shey una see am?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotta give it to leicester. i said it back in the Summer that they had a better player in their squad to be replacedment for Maguire and with benkovic coming back from loan to become 3rd choice, they have done a masterclass. :clap: :clap: :clap:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:Gotta give it to leicester. i said it back in the Summer that they had a better player in their squad to be replacedment for Maguire and with benkovic coming back from loan to become 3rd choice, they have done a masterclass. :clap: :clap: :clap:
They will finish top 4 or in Europe ,i heard Toure is their defense coach.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:Gotta give it to leicester. i said it back in the Summer that they had a better player in their squad to be replacedment for Maguire and with benkovic coming back from loan to become 3rd choice, they have done a masterclass. :clap: :clap: :clap:
One is a better managed club while the other is a money miss road bullly who believes money can fix everything even without a plan. By the time the idiots running the club are done finishing top 4 will become a dream never mind winning the league.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
One is a better managed club while the other is a money miss road bullly who believes money can fix everything even without a plan. By the time the idiots running the club are done finishing top 4 will become a dream never mind winning the league.
All we hear is excuses from United, after Leicester won the league, they went through a downturn but seem to have a well balanced side, why does united need 3 seasons to rebuild? It is just a cheap ploy to sell shirts, right now, we are a mid table club!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
All we hear is excuses from United, after Leicester won the league, they went through a downturn but seem to have a well balanced side, why does united need 3 seasons to rebuild? It is just a cheap ploy to sell shirts, right now, we are a mid table club!
oh! I wish TFCO was here to see this. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Happy for martial, he is our better finisher, could Rashford has finished that 3rd goal? No, all we need is fit players, hopefully Pogba will come back soon

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Should have been 5-1 to United. Cannot believe they missed 2 penalties!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wiseone wrote:Should have been 5-1 to United. Cannot believe they missed 2 penalties!
what do you mean you cannot believe they missed two PKs, it was as clear as daylight, they missed 2ce... Rash and Martial, had the chance to extend the leads, however they weren't good enough....so how do you go about saying you cannot believe they missed two PKs, when they did miss and it was on TV?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Image :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Are we happy with progress in the last 2 games including the Liverpool game chaps ?
That back 3 set up looks interesting
But still attacking is blunt.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Rashford seems to be coming back to form, he needs to be consistent like Aguero, perhaps the Martial combo might flourish

Marko