Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by jdizzy »

Even the Ref was in better defensive position than most of their defenders :)
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Its a Goal wrote:Image

Ole's masterpiece act of defending :mrgreen:
Just as i was discussing with danfo, when the coaching is confused, all the players look bad and poor.
No structure or plan at all.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

I know its a still frame, but it just about captures the disorganisation in defending.
GoalooNG
Egg
Egg

Post by GoalooNG »

Latest Schedule for Manchester United in Goaloong.net: https://football.goaloong.net/team/teamsche/27
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Demba Ba and Martin Skytle, 2 former castaway epl players dealt some blows to United.
But that Ba reminds of our own gangling Yekini getting released by Oliseh for a run at the goal :clap:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:

Just as i was discussing with danfo, when the coaching is confused, all the players look bad and poor.
To even call this naive defending is being lenient. What i see here is sheer laziness and irresponsibility on the part of the players.

When Keane questioned of there were leaders in the team, Ole and Slabhead were quick to respond that they had leaders in the team. You see certain questions are so deep, it is not by mere words that you answer, in football the answer is usually on the field.

Anyone remember when Jose was still there, I think it was the final match on the uefa, when Jose wanted certain players to go for corner and Herrera overulled Jose with a better defensive arrangement, something which Jose later acknowledged and praised him for. That is leadership.

Now how can a team all push into the opponents half, everyone into the half of the opponents half. I have never seen anything like that before, not even when we were in primary school when everyone would bunch together to play the inter class.

My Jaws dropped when I saw this. If this was bad enough the second goal just confirms how daft these players are.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:

To even call this naive defending is being lenient. What i see here is sheer laziness and irresponsibility on the part of the players.

When Keane questioned of there were leaders in the team, Ole and Slabhead were quick to respond that they had leaders in the team. You see certain questions are so deep, it is not by mere words that you answer, in football the answer is usually on the field.

Anyone remember when Jose was still there, I think it was the final match on the uefa, when Jose wanted certain players to go for corner and Herrera overulled Jose with a better defensive arrangement, something which Jose later acknowledged and praised him for. That is leadership.

Now how can a team all push into the opponents half, everyone into the half of the opponents half. I have never seen anything like that before, not even when we were in primary school when everyone would bunch together to play the inter class.

My Jaws dropped when I saw this. If this was bad enough the second goal just confirms how daft these players are.
Uncle abeg no vex answer me this,What if the coach get upset that you dont follow his instruction like how Herrera did?
But you are right that is what is call leadership which this Manu team dont have.But i saw leadership or well organized team against a well drilled PSG few weeks ago.
So uncle where did you think this Manu will finish and how come this same team finish 3rd?They might not be as bad as folks making it sound.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kajifu wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:

Uncle abeg no vex answer me this,What if the coach get upset that you dont follow his instruction like how Herrera did?
But you are right that is what is call leadership which this Manu team dont have.But i saw leadership or well organized team against a well drilled PSG few weeks ago.
So uncle where did you think this Manu will finish and how come this same team finish 3rd?They might not be as bad as folks making it sound.
I don't think any coach will go against a better decision from one of the senior players in his team especially if the decision makes a lot of sense.

There was an instance with Liverpool 2 seasons ago it was in the dying minutes and they had a free kick, someone wanted to take it, I think the bench even asked the person to take, Van Dyke refused and told someone else to take it, they got the winning goal from it. No coach will go against such.

There is no coach that would ask his team to take that position United took in those pictures, this is where leaders come in, they look around and ensure that the team is not playing or positioning themselves like rookies. If all your players crossed into the other half, not even by a few metres away from the center line, they were so deep inside Instanbul's half it beggars belief, and you have a Spanish international keeper on about 300k a week who decided to keep quiet to watch the shambles, that is lack of leadership.

Many keepers would scream at the danger of being exposed. The whole team is rotten.

As for where they would finish, I don't know, but they cannot continue to lose at home like they are doing, it is a matter of ftine before their confidence is gone and before you know it relaxation njakiti struggle begins.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Benteke and Oloye, the last time I saw a team concede a goal like that was in local park football. It is absolutely criminal for a professional football team (even down to Div 4) to concede a goal by attacking, and forgetting to mark the opposition's 35yo center forward who was standing on the halfway line. It was tragi-comic. I could not believe how the MU "defence" left Ba in so much space as if they had leased that part of the pitch to him and left him with exclusive occupation of it.

Shambles.

“Ole will lose his job working with this group of players” - Roy Keane
benteke wrote:Image

I know its a still frame, but it just about captures the disorganisation in defending.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:

It's on the coaching staff.
A lot of people have mentioned it and i have also noticed it, Ole's United usually do very well against big teams that attack them, that's when he sets them up to sit back in numbers at the back and try to nick counter attacks. That's why people still get excited over the wins against PSG
Although some big teams have to much quality and still manage to cut out those counters and force errors from the like of Maguire

The shambles are seen time and again when Ole has set them to attack teams, where he even selects different starting line ups to his counter attacking. Its either the coaching team is still fine tuning their attacking and working on how to defend at the same time, or they don't have a clear plan yet on how players should organise themselves against being hit on counter attacks.
That's why the likes Of Crystal Palace enjoyed themselves at Old Trafford.
What we see in those pictures is nothing new, it has been happening time and again in different guises, but not resulting in goals and outcry due to luck or something else.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:

It's on the coaching staff.
A lot of people have mentioned it and i have also noticed it, Ole's United usually do very well against big teams that attack them, that's when he sets them up to sit back in numbers at the back and try to nick counter attacks. That's why people still get excited over the wins against PSG
Although some big teams have to much quality and still manage to cut out those counters and force errors from the like of Maguire

The shambles are seen time and again when Ole has set them to attack teams, where he even selects different starting line ups to his counter attacking. Its either the coaching team is still fine tuning their attacking and working on how to defend at the same time, or they don't have a clear plan yet on how players should organise themselves against being hit on counter attacks.
That's why the likes Of Crystal Palace enjoyed themselves at Old Trafford.
What we see in those pictures is nothing new, it has been happening time and again in different guises, but not resulting in goals and outcry due to luck or something else.
I have played in teams where the coaching was not up to much. As soon as we step into the field we regroup and do what needed to be done. There is defensive organisation that first goal did not only ridicule everybody, it also indicted everyone, in the following order, the coaches who could not spot the danger, hight on the list is the stupid keeper who kept quiet in goal while counting his money and watched the disaster unfolded. Keepers are the first port of call when it comes to organising the defense, they can see the shape, that is why some keepers are always taking. But this mute keeper hardly talks.

Of course the lazy bones that was asked to stay back, all the tall people went forward.

Stand back means stand where you can see everyone and account for all the opponents. You cannot keep a player offside if he is acres of space in his own half.

So this display simply highlights the rot at United.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

wiseone wrote:Benteke and Oloye, the last time I saw a team concede a goal like that was in local park football. It is absolutely criminal for a professional football team (even down to Div 4) to concede a goal by attacking, and forgetting to mark the opposition's 35yo center forward who was standing on the halfway line. It was tragi-comic. I could not believe how the MU "defence" left Ba in so much space as if they had leased that part of the pitch to him and left him with exclusive occupation of it.

Shambles.

“Ole will lose his job working with this group of players” - Roy Keane

[/quote]

Yeah that defensive setup defies logic. Even if you decide to gamble, you don't have your slowest player (Matic) as the last man! That's the job of your quicker fullbacks - this is football basics 101
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Goodison Park - November 7, 2020

Everton vs Manchester United - will this be the end of Ole or this is just another one of nine lives? Will the master of shut ups shut us all up again today before going back to his old ways in a few weeks in preparation for another shut up? Let the fun begin already! :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...will be tricky. Everton lost last week, and will not want to lose 2 straight. Plus they have a proven coach, vs United who may be going in for 3 straight loss, and a shaky coach. I see a draw
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

1-0 Everton (Bernard)

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Lindelof failed to stand firm in the build up - surprised :lol:

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

1-1 Bruno Fernandes

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Man United's defensive positioning is atrocious.

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

1-2 Bruno Fernandes

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Ole asking Dan James to warm up - this man is his own worst enemy :lol:
I siddon look :mrgreen:

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Iwobi on
Tuanzebe on

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Everton mounting pressure. United clueless.