Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by marko »

1- Glazers
2- the board
3- coaching

Glazers are milking it, United is probably Europe most profitable club, perhaps behind Real Madrid, The board led by Woodward was employed to keep United as The top 3 club revenue wise

As far as number 2 is making number 1 money, Woodward will never be sacked, United fans need to stop been delusional!

When have you ever heard of sacking a man who is responsible for generating billions?

The fall guy is usually the manager, the Glazers and Woodward are crafty as they come, right now, they will be measuring the feelings of the fans which is probably at an all time low

They of course watch youtube channels to get a general feel of what the real fans are saying in their thousands, they will want to pacify the fans who keep their pockets lined up

Who is usually the fall guy? The manager! They have repeated this tried and tested method a few times since 2013, they know sacking OGS will make some fans happy short term, they not stupid, i believe they have already lined up a new manager and paying off OGS will not be as expensive as Mourinho

Its the same thing with multi national companies, when there is a dip in profit, they never get rid of the top guys, its always the employees that get redundant, same applies to OGS, he is a small price to pay in the big scheme of things

It will not make things better because we know they are responsible for this mess! No director of football, no money for credible players, we are giving average players contracts

You call it a rot, they are still generating billions and will continue to do so

I believe there will be a major casualty in the next few weeks and i am afraid it will be OGS!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Despite the early season result I think Chelsea is better than United.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Our season ended on that first game against Chelsea. We are in for a rough ride with such a limited cast.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

kalani JR wrote:Despite the early season result I think Chelsea is better than United.
Chelsea does have a much better squad and a lot of options, even despite it's transfer ban, they can play good attacking football when the manager gets his tactics right.

United on the other hand is well short of quality, especially in attacking, it's become very obvious and teams are no longer scared.

That decision to get rid of Lukaku and Sanchez without replacement is starting to look bad as the injuries pile on

As for Ole, the only worrying thing is that the United board may decide to can him and have Phelan take over for the rest of the season. Which would be the same thing.

I don't know when given quality players all round he can go toe to toe with the best managers around.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wanaj0 wrote:
oloye wrote:The earlier they sack Ole and that coaching crew the better. Bring in an experienced coach with his team and try to use the January window to salvage the season. That coach and his crew cannot coach a pub team to do anything meaningful, they are all bunch of PE instructors.
But they already sack TWO experience coaches! No coach can help the current set of players.

How much is Rashy on again? How much is Kane on?

They have over hyped and over paid players who don't care about the team. They need a clear out! The season is gone already.

When Mourinho said coming 2nd with that team was his greatest achievement he knew what he was saying.

They used the transfer window to weaken the team!

They need to SACK the board first. They are out of their depth!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

But but but, Bexit FC? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Hmm... How many transfer windows did Pellegrini need to flog United today? I thought when a coach has not had 3 or more transfer windows, then he cannot win matches?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Like I said, this team is one of the worst teams in the World.

And to think one of their fans, with a very smelly, rotten, decayed mouth, had the guts to insult the Falcons. Oniranu!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

That OGS has not won an away game since March is indeed worrying, It is no fluke or bad luck or poor form, every team suffers a dip, when you cannot motivate your team or have poor tactics or poor selections, questions will always be asked and rightly so, the OGS appointment seems to be a political decision as every day goes by

the only positive for me is Martial and Pogba are out injured and are usually the subject of the pundits and fans alike fall guy for bad performances, we can see without these 2, we are a bottom half team, now OGS out is trending but what will this really solve? they will appoint Phelan as temporary coach and what next?

I know what the board are thinking, like i said they are crafty and cunning, they will want to pacify the likes that continue to make the tills ring at the megastore and online, the fans are United bread and butter, OGS will be the casualty, they will appoint another interim coach and promise him transfer funds, once the interim brings the feel good factor back to old Trafford, they will withdraw the transfer funds and use stupid excuses

Its a tried and tested formula and i am afraid they will use it once again on OGS!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:1- Glazers
2- the board
3- coaching

Glazers are milking it, United is probably Europe most profitable club, perhaps behind Real Madrid, The board led by Woodward was employed to keep United as The top 3 club revenue wise

As far as number 2 is making number 1 money, Woodward will never be sacked, United fans need to stop been delusional!

When have you ever heard of sacking a man who is responsible for generating billions?

The fall guy is usually the manager, the Glazers and Woodward are crafty as they come, right now, they will be measuring the feelings of the fans which is probably at an all time low

They of course watch youtube channels to get a general feel of what the real fans are saying in their thousands, they will want to pacify the fans who keep their pockets lined up

Who is usually the fall guy? The manager! They have repeated this tried and tested method a few times since 2013, they know sacking OGS will make some fans happy short term, they not stupid, i believe they have already lined up a new manager and paying off OGS will not be as expensive as Mourinho

Its the same thing with multi national companies, when there is a dip in profit, they never get rid of the top guys, its always the employees that get redundant, same applies to OGS, he is a small price to pay in the big scheme of things

It will not make things better because we know they are responsible for this mess! No director of football, no money for credible players, we are giving average players contracts

You call it a rot, they are still generating billions and will continue to do so

I believe there will be a major casualty in the next few weeks and i am afraid it will be OGS!
United is in very serious trouble.
No away wins since whenever, it will come to the point where relegation zone teams seriously see Old Trafford as a good place to get 3 points.
That whole business model can suddenly come crashing down, and it will be due to board and Glazers.
With Europa , we will definitely be seeing more injuries to the squad.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:1- Glazers
2- the board
3- coaching

United is in very serious trouble.
No away wins since whenever, it will come to the point where relegation zone teams seriously see Old Trafford as a good place to get 3 points.
That whole business model can suddenly come crashing down, and it will be due to board and Glazers.
With Europa , we will definitely be seeing more injuries to the squad.

To be quite honest, United winning the Europa league will add several millions to the Glazers coffers, the best thing for the fans is united crashing out from there as well, did you watch the game against Astana? seriously disjointed performance, we will likely be knocked out when we meet a half decent team

Like i said earlier, the fans dont understand the power they have to make the board sit up and do the right thing but a far as we continue to buy merchandise, season tickets, its business as usual to the Glazers, there is plenty TV money coming in as well

The likes of Pogba will likely not sign a new deal and prefer to run down his contract and leave on a free, they know he wanted to leave but they gave Real Madrid an unrealistic transfer fee just to scare them off, now i hear they are preparing a new contract, most likely will earn as much as Sanchez, it makes sense for the Glazers to keep Pogba at united as without him, United will just be an ordinary mid table club in the mould of West Ham

Is it possible to revive our fortunes? of course, it will involve putting back the right structures in the club, appoint a credible director of football and scouts, most likely OGS will have to leave as he is showing no improvement in his tactics and know how, he is no different to Mourinho using Pogba in the deep lying role and making our creativity not worthy of mention, what concerns me with OGS is his lack of footballing philosophy, we can see where other coaches are going, even if things dont go well, they stick to their formula, Pep did not win in his 1st season but the rest is history, Klopp included as well

I just feel sorry for him as he allowed himself to be used as a pawn and now left high and dry, It will get worse before it gets better, look how Rashford is suffering from fatigue, cannot understand why he played on Thursday night, these are the types of decisions that baffles me with the coach, he will certainly learn the hard way!

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

So manu playing beloved next ,when is PP, coming back from injury?Hope is after the Arsenal game along with Martial.
Hope you guys will not wake but I see Ole using Arsenal to cover the cracks....
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

kajifu wrote:So manu playing beloved next ,when is PP, coming back from injury?Hope is after the Arsenal game along with Martial.
He should have used the last 10 away games to do that but guess what? This is beyond him. He talked the talk about summer transfers and lifted hopes of United fans but cowered in when tough decisions were needed, which means standing up to the board and making sure all demands are met to move the club back to the level of the true elites (In reality, do they really have a functional board?? I'm beginning to think that Woodward is the board and the board is Woodward). Ole Gunnar Solksjaer played the politics of survival with the perfect gentleman image and he should face the consequences. Beating Arsenal and other pockets of victories here and there won't solve Ole or United's problem.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

kalani JR wrote:Despite the early season result I think Chelsea is better than United.
Without any iota of doubt.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

One thing I am happy about is that the Falcons did not humiliate us like this team is humiliating that horrid supporter who insulted the falcons.

Like I told you when you opened your decayed mouth to insult the falcons, you will feel pain this season. The type of pain you never knew was possible! This is just he beginning! You fooked with the wrong falcons! By the time I am finished with your team, you will come begging every week like Kajifu! :D
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i thought Chelsea were in big trouble, however after watching united line up vs Westham and never ever could get out of their halof, I was like well make man just jejely eas on the #lampsout..kai united is really bad
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

United coaching is terrible right now, that players are dropping like they did during the 1st PSG game will come back to haunt us, what we lack is direction from the board and OGS is proving to be a yes man, he wants this job so bad that he is prepared to just let the Glazers take the piss, what he does not understand is Glazer/Woodward politics, they will soon have to pacify the fans, they dont mess around with their revenues and likely they will cover their incompetence by sacking him and what next? Why will the likes of Paul Pogba stick around? He will put in a tranfer request and probably go on strike to force a move, that will be the death blow for united PLC!

What player in his right mind will want to be part of the sinking ship? It does not pay to be cheap in the long run, united became what they are today due to the exploits on the pitch, if you take that out of the equation, we will witness the demise of a great club!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YemiBrazil wrote:
kajifu wrote:So manu playing beloved next ,when is PP, coming back from injury?Hope is after the Arsenal game along with Martial.
He should have used the last 10 away games to do that but guess what? This is beyond him. He talked the talk about summer transfers and lifted hopes of United fans but cowered in when tough decisions were needed, which means standing up to the board and making sure all demands are met to move the club back to the level of the true elites (In reality, do they really have a functional board?? I'm beginning to think that Woodward is the board and the board is Woodward). Ole Gunnar Solksjaer played the politics of survival with the perfect gentleman image and he should face the consequences. Beating Arsenal and other pockets of victories here and there won't solve Ole or United's problem.
Those 10 away games without a win are not bad luck.
I am also warming to the idea of more losses so that the scale of United's problems becomes very very urgent to the board. I would have loved a good tussle with Arsenal, but there are bigger worries now.
It sounds knee jerk and unlike a football fan, but i had the same feeling when Moyes was in the charge.
A draw with Rochdale would be a good start. :rotf:

It might be that Ole is not that bad a manager, but United in it's current state is not the right club for a guy like Ole, there is a good reason why seasoned managers like LVG failed.

This collective decision to ship out players and not replace them is baffling everyone.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Those 10 away games without a win are not bad luck.
I am also warming to the idea of more losses so that the scale of United's problems becomes very very urgent to the board. I would have loved a good tussle with Arsenal, but there are bigger worries now.
It sounds knee jerk and unlike a football fan, but i had the same feeling when Moyes was in the charge.
A draw with Rochdale would be a good start. :rotf:

It might be that Ole is not that bad a manager, but United in it's current state is not the right club for a guy like Ole, there is a good reason why seasoned managers like LVG failed.

This collective decision to ship out players and not replace them is baffling everyone.
Replace means spending money, something the board were not keen to do in the first place, i posted a comment a few weeks back that because we had a good pre-season, the board thought there was no cause for alarm, if we had lost all our pre-season games, the board would have acted, they were not so keen on Maguire, they played a waiting game, when Bailly got injured, they knew they had to act and moved for Maguire

When Lukaku was about to be sold, was a replacement lined up? No! OGS came out in public and said he was happy with the squad, case closed! He also added Greenwood wil get more playing time

When Martial got injured, the board decides to release Lukaku funds and promised OGS a player in January, can you see a pattern here?

Right now OGS is desperate! Reason why he is starting with Mata/ Matic, he wants to use experience to grind out results rather than play with the kids and lose, that is not working either! I rather lose with kids so they learn from the experience and become better players, if we are re-building, then lets move forward and not backwards, Young, Mata, Matic represents the past and should stay there, why abandon the philosophy that won you a few games and go back to Mourinho football, that is what will get him sacked eventually!

As for the board, when they starting losing millions in revenue, then the owners will act, till then , its business as usual

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

PSG has 3 players that should (still) be at Man Utd: Di Maria, Herrera, and Gueye.
benteke wrote: PSG has a director of football, so they can make such moves.
Until United gets one, we will always wonder they make certain decisions.
And it's not even guaranteed they will get the correct DoF if they finally decide to do so, that board never ceases to amaze :biggrin:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

They were busy giving contract extension to Smalling, Jones, Young, Juan Mata and that rubbish thing that calls himself a footballer, Andreas Perreira. Dude wouldnt even start for Brighton Hove or Watford and he is starting for United. :lol:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wiseone wrote:PSG has 3 players that should (still) be at Man Utd: Di Maria, Herrera, and Gueye.
benteke wrote: PSG has a director of football, so they can make such moves.
Until United gets one, we will always wonder they make certain decisions.
And it's not even guaranteed they will get the correct DoF if they finally decide to do so, that board never ceases to amaze :biggrin:
...there are plenty football directors on this board they can get for cheap. Heck what does it take to know Lukaku is better than what they have :lol: :lol:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

oloye wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
marko wrote:From top to bottom, the rot is evident! OGS was not backed in the transfer window but he said the players he had were good enough, always keen to play lip service but the actions on the pitch does not back his statements, i believe a change is needed ASAP, sorry OGS, for a coach not to have won an away game since March, is clearly out of his depth, yes the board are crap but if you cant beat teams like West ham, Southampton, Crystal palace, Wolves, sorry this job might not be for you

Woodward might be a good marketing man but on pure football issues, he has been way out of his depth since Ferguson left and they need to show him the door or make sure he does not have any say about transfers, recruitment, the sooner the better!
Common. Mourinho was the problem. You had the team to beat PSG! Mourinho was the one holding the team back :)

You were warned!
Jose was a whole new set of problem. He would still be in job if he managed his dressing room well. He had enough to do a better job than the nonsense he was churning out to get him fired. The man knew he was good either way, he knew he would be paid handsomely if he got sacked, and so he started throwing tantrums to get sacked and walk away.

Cunny man die cunny man Bury. The rich know how to make money in the most diabolical way. Man United does not have the team to overhaul City or Liverpool, but they had enough to hang in there. Whatever respect I had left for Jose went out of the window when he started playing Herera and Mactominay as center half's, that was nothing short of self sabotage.
Jose wanted OUT. After coming second, he knew they were far behind Man City than the league position is showing. He was not interested in playing 2nd fiddle SO wanted to strengthen the team. Lo and behold some FANS and the Board felt the team was good enough! Now we all know better.

BTW, I never believed that JM was a right fit for Man U. Definitely not after the Chelsea experience. He has a problem managing players with BIG ego! The Manchester United team was filled with average players with very BIG ego. Players feeling BIG over nothing!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Manchester United are expected to announce record annual revenues in excess of £615m on Tuesday. (ESPN)

Let this sink in!

Woodward does not play 2nd fiddle to anyone, reason why he is the de facto director of football and Glazers eyes and ears at Old Trafford, he works in the London office far away from the rot in Manchester, 615m is approx over 1 billion dollars, that is quite a lot of money! what they decide to re-invest on the pitch is anyone guess, probably nothing

United did not qualify for the champions league, there has to be cost saving, meaning we sell and do not re-invest, the cuts are evident in the midfield and Strikers, From what i understood, OGS wanted either of Sanchez or Lukaku to stay but was overruled by Woodward! he wanted Sanchez out due to his wages, he wanted Lukaku out to re-coup the transfer fees

So basically, they were in a good position to offer De Gea a new deal rather than spend over 70-90 million to attract Europe best keepers, It Was far cheaper to give him an extra 100K a week and the fact his stock in Europe has gone so low after terrible errors last season

The next logical step is the Pogba situation, since he is the face of united, it makes sense to make him the highest paid player at united, he wanted to leave but Adidas in connivance with Woodward told him it makes sense if he stays at united for non-footballing reasons, they have opened up new contract talks with his representatives, he only has 2 years left on his current deal but they can trigger a 12 months extension, If he declines the new deal, it means next year will be 1 year left which makes it possible for him to speak with other clubs and united will be in no position to name a high price

The other logical cost cutting step is to promote the youths, so the likes of Chong, Garner, Greenwood, Gomes are expected to step up! why united fans failed to see the obvious was so funny, winning the pre-season did not help and OGS said he was happy with the squad!

So of course the squad been thin and still having remnants from the Ferguson era, how on earth is united supposed to fight for anything? they have gone through 3 managers, almost 900 million spent and still we are not up to scratch, so of course the problem right now is the incompetent board and we fans alike, what i hear is united can afford not to be play champions league football for another 5 years! the revenues will still continue to flow until the fans decide to put a huge hole in their revenues, its sadly business as usual!

No doubt Woodward will soon pacify the fans, its a tried and tested method, OGS, if i were you, stand up and do the right thing, they are leaving you high and dry, you can speak like a politician during press conferences and say all the right things but the football on the pitch right now is atrocious! your over reliance on dead wood will eventually come back to haunt you! Moyes never recovered from been sacked!

Marko