Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by benteke »

Jadon Sancho will finally become a United player.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Sancho wont cut it.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Man Utd's official Twitter handle has confirmed the Sancho transfer. If the 73 million transfer fee is accurate, then that is an absolute bargain in today's inflated transfer market. They got the best young winger in the world for less money than Maguire (a defender!).
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Rumours that United are trying to sign Camavinga. Not sure if it is true or the usual summer transfer BS rumours. If the former - signing the hottest young midfielder in the world, who is only 18yo, and who made his debut for France at age 17 - would be huge. What would that mean for Donny VDB and Pogba though?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... nsfer-news
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I have lost count of the number of times I have said on this forum that Mark Red is an utter nutcase. He seems to be on a life long mission to keep proving me right. Even by his standards, he took things up a notch. Beating up a security guard after a game and then unhooking a fire extinguisher from the wall and trying to use it as a murder weapon on opposition players (and causing the police to arrive and deploy tear gas to break up the fight) is quite an achievement. Just a few seconds in a typical day in the life of Mark Red. :rotf:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I have been advocating for Man U to sign Ruben Neves for 2 years. Reports are saying that Man U are interested in buying him with the sale price being a very reasonable 35 million. If he signs Man U would have plugged 2 long term holes in their squad this transfer window to replace players that were never replaced: Carrick (Neves) and Ronaldo (Sancho).

https://www.football365.com/news/man-ut ... -favourite
wiseone wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:14 pm I cannot believe I am backing up BigPokey, but...

you can usually tell how much a football fan really understands the game by their view of players like Carrick and Ruben Neves. Man Utd have a Michael Carrick sized hole in the midfield. They have been crying out for a player who: (a) has good enough technique and composure to receive the ball deep in his own half under pressure, turn, and relieve pressure from the team by playing an incisive and accurate pass 20-30 yards up the field; and (b) keep and recycle possession and play through balls to the attackers.

Ruben Neves is probably the best DM exponent of (a) and (b) above in the Premier League. He is the nearest thing to Carrick in the EPL right now and his passing has pin-point accuracy. This assist to Diego Jota last season was probably the pass/assist of the season:

...AND he played that ball under pressure in the last minute of the game to give his team a 4-3 win.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

marko wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:16 am
wiseone wrote:I cannot believe I am backing up BigPokey, but...

you can usually tell how much a football fan really understands the game by their view of players like Carrick and Ruben Neves. Man Utd have a Michael Carrick sized hole in the midfield. They have been crying out for a player who: (a) has good enough technique and composure to receive the ball deep in his own half under pressure, turn, and relieve pressure from the team by playing an incisive and accurate pass 20-30 yards up the field; and (b) keep and recycle possession and play through balls to the attackers.

Ruben Neves is probably the best DM exponent of (a) and (b) above in the Premier League. He is the nearest thing to Carrick in the EPL right now and his passing has pin-point accuracy. This assist to Diego Jota last season was probably the pass/assist of the season:

...AND he played that ball under pressure in the last minute of the game to give his team a 4-3 win.
Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
wiseone wrote:A brilliant equaliser scored by Ruben Neves - whom I have been arguing for Man Utd to sign. Irony eh.
I don't think Ruben Neves is that good.
he is only 22 years old, scored 12 goals for Wolves , 10 of those goals from outside the box, part of the Portuguese squad
Nice stats but his overall game doesn't do much for me. Clean striker of the ball though.
he is one of the best passers in that squad..top free kick taker . the guy is a QB passer...you have no clue about Neves...

[/video]
what a pass, very Pogba like! Man utd should try and get him in January transfer if we can! He has premiership experience and is a decent player, we dont need names to sell shirts and what not, we can even offer Lingard in exchange!
:bump: :bump: i know my football
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Rumours that PSG want Pogba and he is stalling on a new contract
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

wiseone wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:45 pm Man Utd's official Twitter handle has confirmed the Sancho transfer. If the 73 million transfer fee is accurate, then that is an absolute bargain in today's inflated transfer market. They got the best young winger in the world for less money than Maguire (a defender!).
Best young winger in the world? Ehn?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Raphael Varane
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

On paper Varane looks like a good signing. However I am in two minds about him. 40-50 million transfer fee and nearly 2 million a month in wages to a 28 year-old injury-prone defender (we have already had enough of those at the club in recent times with Jones, Bailly, Shaw, Smalling, Marcos Rojo, Tuanzebe, and the Twins!).

I would have preferred for them to go for a talented young defender with a high ceiling like Pau Torres or Kounde.

If Ruben Neves joins, this will be the best transfer window for Man Utd for 13 years (the season they signed Tevez, Nani, and Anderson in the same transfer window).
benteke wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:27 pm Raphael Varane
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Squad is really bloated now. 3 players have joined during the summer and none left. As it stands if everyone is fit, the team is:

DDG
AWB-Varane-Maguire-Shaw
McTominay-Pogba
Bruno
Sancho-Cavani-Rashford

Subs: Henderson, Bailly, Telles, Fred, Lingard, Martial, Greenwood

NOT SELECTED: Heaton, Grant, Lindelof, Tuanzebe, Jones (remember him?!), Dalot, Williams, Matic, Mata, James, Pereira, Diallo.

Way too many players. I would:

Sell: Grant, Lindelof, Jones, Lingard, Mata, Pereira
Loan out: Henderson (too good to be on the bench), Williams, Diallo, Pellestri
Last edited by wiseone on Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Hi TXJoke :taunt: :D

What happened to your Umpity Dumpity
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Squad still seems bloated (especially in AM).

Tuanzebe, Pereira, Chong, Pellestri, and Williams have gone out on loan. However that still leaves Fernandes, Pogba, Sancho, Greenwood, Van de Beek, James, Lingard, Mata, and Diallo competing for only 2-3 AM positions...BEFORE Rahford returns to the team! :shock: Mata and Lingard should be future endeavoured. VDB deserves more game time.

In goal there is also a surplus of players. Does the team really need 4 front line GKs? (3 of whom are internationals) Nice balance/squad depth in defence though with AWB, Varane, Slab-Head, Shaw, Dalot, Lindelof, Baily, Jones, and Telles.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Why did y'all buy Van der Beek? That one's career went to die in this club.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

We have seen improvement in options with Varane and Sancho but with Ole, nothing has changed and not likely to change. He is spineless and will flatter to deceive again ...unless Pogba & Bruno stay injury free and find some consistency. Ole will always shoot himself in the foot when success beckons. They are difficult to beat, will surely wound some of the big teams who will come out and attack but drop valuable points against the counterattacking mid-table and relegation fighters.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Cristao II wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:17 pm Why did y'all buy Van der Beek? That one's career went to die in this club.
If Ole continues ignoring that guy and the team dropping points like it did in the weekend, there should be no sympathy for him, he deserves the sack
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

benteke wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:23 am
Cristao II wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:17 pm Why did y'all buy Van der Beek? That one's career went to die in this club.
If Ole continues ignoring that guy and the team dropping points like it did in the weekend, there should be no sympathy for him, he deserves the sack
...Van der Beck has not razzled nor dazzled in the few times he has played. Too much competition, even Varen may find it hard if Lindelof start playing well.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

mcal wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:55 pm
...Van der Beck has not razzled nor dazzled in the few times he has played. Too much competition, even Varen may find it hard if Lindelof start playing well.
Key words - few times.
How can he dazzle when he doesn't get a good run in the first place.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cron to United
SuperEagles