Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by marko »

tactical reason haha, pls give me a break! we understand Mourinho mentality, right now Arsenal are screwing, they think they let us off the hook! thank goodness, their last goal was disallowed
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:tactical reason haha, pls give me a break! we understand Mourinho mentality, right now Arsenal are screwing, they think they let us off the hook! thank goodness, their last goal was disallowed
i know right, being 5 yards offside is debatable

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Taking off Lingard and Martial (AT HOME) and bringing on Fellaini and Pogba, then playing 4 central midfielders (including Smith and Matic) was not the mark of someone actively trying to win the game. That is what you typically do in an away game if you are trying to shut up shop. Defensive stuff.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man Utd about to shell 40 million for Bailly

Post by wiseone »

Bailly had an excellent game. His pace is electric. That sequence where PEA tried to outpace him and Bailly matched him stride for stride, muscled PEA aside and took possession was a thing of beauty. PEA is one of the fastest strikers in world football and keeping up with him is no mean feat.

I actually think Bailly and Jones is the most imposing CD pairing for Man Utd. I said before that: Bailly + Jones in CD = constant threat of extreme physical force. Jonesy puts in some bone crunching tackles that make me shudder in sympathy for the opposition. Some of his "reducer" tackles resemble a tank running over a rabbit. With the proliferation of "ball playing defenders" these days, it is refreshing to see two good old fashioned center halves who are not interested in playing sideways passes or running with the ball into midfield. All they care about is tackling anything that moves within 25 yards of them - human or ball.
Last edited by wiseone on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:Taking off Lingard and Martial (AT HOME) and bringing on Fellaini and Pogba, then playing 4 central midfielders (including Smith and Matic) was not the mark of someone actively trying to win the game. That is what you typically do in an away game if you are trying to shut up shop. Defensive stuff.
But you saw how well United started, it was clear they have been given instructions to press and attack.
But the usual defensive mistakes soon popped up, and that's when the attack lost confidence and Arsenal came into the game.
What can a manager do with a team that gifts such easy goals even under no pressure at all, Rojo is a risky fella, he always has a yellow card and potential red card.
Too many mistakes in that team, it starts games with a guaranteed 2 goal gift to the other team.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:one should rely on their own intuition rather than cut and paste everythying they see on social media, after that mistake, he was taken off, typical Mourinho style, look at the nearest player to rojo, 5 miles apart, sometimes these players are forced to commit schoolboy errors, same error like Pogba last week, nearly led to a goal as well!

the way united are set out to play, it is easy for the opposition to suss them out and hassle them out of the ball, same thing against city, look at Herrera, making unforced errors times and time again, all Rojo was doing was shooting the ball up front, hoping for some luck as our midfield were nowhere to be seen

anyone could easily see this
Come on bro, that mistake Rojo made was of his own doing. He is supposed to be the better player at playing th ball out from the back, but it's the kind of mistakes under no pressure at all that you don't get from top quality players, is bet your heart skips a beat when he United back four is on the ball they are potential mistakes and it's unacceptable in a big club :biggrin:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

This game was an excellent demonstration of everything good and bad about him:

THE BAD: that studs up wild challenge in the first half on Mustafi could have been a red card. At first I thought the ref would send him off. Second was the brainless squandering of possession that led to Arsenal's second goal.

The GOOD: 60 seconds after losing possession and gifting Arsenal a goal, he blasted a 65 yard pass to Lingard to equalise. Plus he showed a lot of grit to get back and tackle PEA after squandering possession (even though ultimately he could not prevent the second Arsenal goal).
benteke wrote: But you saw how well United started, it was clear they have been given instructions to press and attack.
But the usual defensive mistakes soon popped up, and that's when the attack lost confidence and Arsenal came into the game.
What can a manager do with a team that gifts such easy goals even under no pressure at all, Rojo is a risky fella, he always has a yellow card and potential red card.
Too many mistakes in that team, it starts games with a guaranteed 2 goal gift to the other team.
Last edited by wiseone on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I just hope he gets a run of games, all he neds is his confidence back, if united makes the mistake of selling him, that will be a huge mistake
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

wiseone wrote:Bailly had an excellent game. His pace is electric. That sequence where PEA tried to outpace him and Bailly matched him stride for stride, muscled PEA aside and took possession was a thing of beauty. PEA is one of the fastest strikers in world football and keeping up with him is no mean feat. I actually think Bailly and Jones is the most imposing CD pairing for Man Utd. I said before that:

Bailly + Jones in CD = constant threat of extreme physical force. Jonesy puts in some bone crunching tackles that make me shudder in sympathy for the opposition. Some of his "reducer" tackles resemble a tank running over a rabbit. With the proliferation of "ball playing defenders" these days, it is refreshing to see two good old fashioned center halves who are not interested in playing sideways passes or running with the ball into midfield. All they care about is tackling anything that moves within 25 yards of them - human or ball.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:This game was an excellent demonstration of everything good and bad about him:

THE BAD: that studs up wild challenge in the first half on Mustafi could have been a red card. A first I thought the ref would send him off. Then the brainless squandering of possession that led to Arsenal's second goal.

The GOOD: 60 seconds after losing possession and gifting Arsenal a goal, he blasted a 65 yard pass to Lingard to equalise. Plus he showed a lot of grit to get back and tackle PEA after squandering possession (even though ultimately he could not prevent the second Arsenal goal).
benteke wrote: But you saw how well United started, it was clear they have been given instructions to press and attack.
and his free kick as well which led to the goal!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:
wiseone wrote:Taking off Lingard and Martial (AT HOME) and bringing on Fellaini and Pogba, then playing 4 central midfielders (including Smith and Matic) was not the mark of someone actively trying to win the game. That is what you typically do in an away game if you are trying to shut up shop. Defensive stuff.
But you saw how well United started, it was clear they have been given instructions to press and attack.
and that's been the BIG difference between this season and last

No more parking the bus, it's all out attack.
Last season, Chelsea battered us at the Bridge. This season, we 'almost' left with 3 points

But the naysayers will rather focus on the negative. Jose can do wonders with United.
It's not a fluke he came 2nd last season and had 2nd best defensive record

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

And we are currently 8th in the league, am i missing something or?

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Sweet Jeesos, Ranieri getting a full dose of it...this could be eight!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Fulham 9 points from 16 games and we are beating the bottom team silly yay!!!!!!, soon the copy and paste crew will tell us how brilliant we have been!

Marko
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Needed Pogba IMO.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

That gane did not need a Pogba, every team has beaten fulham silly this season, city beat them 3 nil, arsenal beat them 5 - 1, even cardiff beat them 4-2, so if anyone thinks we have turned the corner, think again, they are the whipping boys of the premiership, but we did need that game for confidence value, we have some tough games coming up, Liverpool!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Fulham 9 points from 16 games and we are beating the bottom team silly yay!!!!!!, soon the copy and paste crew will tell us how brilliant we have been!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

just name names and stop hiding

we win - marko complains
we lose - marko complains
we draw - marko complains

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

et tu marko

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: all about confidence mate! yes Rashford should have learnt by now that sometimes a chip will do besides power, a manager is supposed to help a player improve their game, all good managers do this, give Rashford to Guardiola, within a year, you will see wonders!
dear marko..i thought Jose would have dropped Rashford after that horrible miss...after all we all know Jose, RIGHT???

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Thank goodness for LVG for bringing Rashford into the 1st team of man united! We all know what happened to the likes of Salah, De bruyne and a host of young players that were never given an opportunity by Mourinho, we saw the talent and we are happy Rashford is getting his confidence back

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:Fulham 9 points from 16 games and we are beating the bottom team silly yay!!!!!!, soon the copy and paste crew will tell us how brilliant we have been!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

just name names and stop hiding

we win - marko complains
we lose - marko complains
we draw - marko complains
If you are not the copy and paste crew, you certainly will not be worried about my comment :taunt:

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Thank goodness for LVG for bringing Rashford into the 1st team of man united! We all know what happened to the likes of Salah, De bruyne and a host of young players that were never given an opportunity by Mourinho, we saw the talent and we are happy Rashford is getting his confidence back
:lol: :lol: :lol:

please remind me who salah and KDB would have displaced at Chelsea.
then remind me what position Chelsea finished that_season_when_salah_and_kdb were frozen

thanks...i will wait

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Thank goodness for LVG for bringing Rashford into the 1st team of man united! We all know what happened to the likes of Salah, De bruyne and a host of young players that were never given an opportunity by Mourinho, we saw the talent and we are happy Rashford is getting his confidence back
:lol: :lol: :lol:

how's jadon sancho doing since being frozen out of City by the Inheritance Merchant?

Next up is Brahim Diaz....but you wouldn't know about them would you??

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S