Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:3 ways to look at this season so far:

1) 5 points from 4 games. Worst start since 93/94, 07/08, and 08/09 (incidentally Man U went on to win the EPL in those other seasons).

2) Fine margins. With better finishing and refereeing, Man Utd would be on 10 points and only 2 points behind Liverpool. Remember that had Pogba scored his penalty against Wolves, and had Rashford placed his penalty against Palace 3 inches to the right Man Utd would have beaten Wolves and possibly Palace too (given that VAR also ignored the most blatant foul against Martial in the second half and failed to award a penalty).

3) Man Utd have had an easy start to the season and have their hardest games still to come. OGS has been fortunate not to have tough starts like Moyes had (who played Chelsea, and Man City Liverpool away in his first 3 games). In contrast, OGS has faced only a weakened Chelsea team, Wolves, Palace, and Southampton. Not exactly Champions League threatening teams. If he is dropping points against that lot, I shudder to think what will happen when KDB, the Silvas, and Sterling are let loose against this Man U team.
If we played City, perhaps the players might step up, that beeen said, Liverpool and city are miles ahead, its actually teams like Everton, Leicester, Wolves that i am scared of, fair enough some decisions have gone against us but we have not exactly done enough to win games with conviction
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

wiseone wrote:3 ways to look at this season so far:

1) 5 points from 4 games. Worst start since 93/94, 07/08, and 08/09 (incidentally Man U went on to win the EPL in those other seasons).

2) Fine margins. With better finishing and refereeing, Man Utd would be on 10 points and only 2 points behind Liverpool. Remember that had Pogba scored his penalty against Wolves, and had Rashford placed his penalty against Palace 3 inches to the right Man Utd would have beaten Wolves and possibly Palace too (given that VAR also ignored the most blatant foul against Martial in the second half and failed to award a penalty).

3) Man Utd have had an easy start to the season and have their hardest games still to come. OGS has been fortunate not to have tough starts like Moyes had (who played Chelsea, and Man City and Liverpool away in his first 3 games). In contrast, OGS has faced only a weakened Chelsea team, Wolves, Palace, and Southampton. Not exactly Champions League threatening teams. If he is dropping points against that lot, I shudder to think what will happen when KDB, the Silvas, and Sterling are let loose against this Man U team.
1)Manu will not finish top 4,your team is weak.so don't even dream about title.
2)With better finishing Manu will have just 2 or 3 points so far.The weakest team in the 4 your have play is Chelsea and you win.
3)The is no Easy start,this is the issue with fans,You are likely counting Wolves,CP,Soton as a sure 3 points,reason why you did not win any of those games :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

danfo driver wrote:
Hmmm.....I have to admit that the difference is clear as 7Up.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
What happened to the manager with the highest win percentage? Did they lose him to a superior job, despite great resistance and begging for him to stay? Sure this club would do everything for such a person to stay including support him thoroughly in the transfer market.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

and i thought OGS had the most wins for a united manager? when he started? well currently his team are not performing, like Vidic said, if united performs poorly this season, its the manager fault! he should be held accountable, fair enough the board are inept but no excuses against the likes of Wolves, Crystal palace or Southampton
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cchinukw wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Hmmm.....I have to admit that the difference is clear as 7Up.
The difference between Moyes and Ole no even reach their jacket sef :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:and i thought OGS had the most wins for a united manager? when he started? well currently his team are not performing, like Vidic said, if united performs poorly this season, its the manager fault! he should be held accountable, fair enough the board are inept but no excuses against the likes of Wolves, Crystal palace or Southampton
Remember when Ole won his first 8 games and you ran around this forum, prancing like a convulsed hippopotamus, posting win % rate :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Like I said, like a battered wife, your eye don dey open small small.. realizing that the man you married is a gaddem monster! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The England coach has said Rashford is not a number 9, what do you think is Rashford best position in the front? Playing from the left or right? through the middle, he cannot play the number 10 role as he does not have the range of passes, defence splitting passes or the Pogba like passes from deep, he seems to thrive on through balls like the one he scored against Chelsea or Spurs last season, if he is played on the left, then Daniel James will have to be moved to the right to accommodate him and the latter seems to be the in-form striker as it is now

The only other option is to drop him to the bench, play Fred in the middle so Pogba can move higher up the pitch, Rashford as it now, should be an impact player based on current form, definitely not a starter in my books

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:The England coach has said Rashford is not a number 9, what do you think is Rashford best position in the front? Playing from the left or right? through the middle, he cannot play the number 10 role as he does not have the range of passes, defence splitting passes or the Pogba like passes from deep, he seems to thrive on through balls like the one he scored against Chelsea or Spurs last season, if he is played on the left, then Daniel James will have to be moved to the right to accommodate him and the latter seems to be the in-form striker as it is now

The only other option is to drop him to the bench, play Fred in the middle so Pogba can move higher up the pitch, Rashford as it now, should be an impact player based on current form, definitely not a starter in my books
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Updates:

1) Man Utd close to appointing Edwin VDS as the new DOF: https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/09/betting- ... -10711504/

2) De Gea close to signing a contract renewal: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... d-contract

3) Lukaku has scored 32 goals in his last 30 games for Belgium. Why did Man Utd sell him?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:Updates:

1) Man Utd close to appointing Edwin VDS as the new DOF: https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/09/betting- ... -10711504/

2) De Gea close to signing a contract renewal: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... d-contract

3) Lukaku has scored 32 goals in his last 30 games for Belgium. Why did Man Utd sell him?
Did not fit into united! Yes a proven scorer at international level, well wish him all the best at Inter Milan, only time will tell if united made the wrong decision

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
wiseone wrote:Updates:

Did not fit into united! Yes a proven scorer at international level, well wish him all the best at Inter Milan, only time will tell if united made the wrong decision
Rashy! Rashy! Rashy! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

His club goal scoring record is not bad either. He scored on his club debuts for WBA, Everton, Man Utd, and now Inter. Approx 60 goals in the last 3 seasons....Apart from he and Ibra, when was the last time Man Utd had a 20 goals a season striker in the squad?....
marko wrote: Did not fit into united! Yes a proven scorer at international level, well wish him all the best at Inter Milan, only time will tell if united made the wrong decision
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:His club goal scoring record is not bad either. He scored on his club debuts for WBA, Everton, Man Utd, and now Inter. Approx 60 goals in the last 3 seasons....Apart from he and Ibra, when was the last time Man Utd had a 20 goals a season striker in the squad?....
marko wrote: Did not fit into united! Yes a proven scorer at international level, well wish him all the best at Inter Milan, only time will tell if united made the wrong decision
perhaps we did not play to his strength, Lukaku is a typical in the box striker, build up play is really bad, poor first touch, but inside the box, he will simply finish, left and right foot, well Rashford will have to step up and fast, he is still young but will need to improve his game

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
wiseone wrote:His club goal scoring record is not bad either. He scored on his club debuts for WBA, Everton, Man Utd, and now Inter. Approx 60 goals in the last 3 seasons....Apart from he and Ibra, when was the last time Man Utd had a 20 goals a season striker in the squad?....
perhaps we did not play to his strength, Lukaku is a typical in the box striker, build up play is really bad, poor first touch, but inside the box, he will simply finish, left and right foot, well Rashford will have to step up and fast, he is still young but will need to improve his game

When are you going to provide us with winning % ? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Only a few games in and Ole is already missing a couple of players through injury.
It's gonna be a long season
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:Only a few games in and Ole is already missing a couple of players through injury.
It's gonna be a long season
Injuries just part of the game unfortunately, i hear we have up to 6 players out, time for OGS to bring in the likes of Gomes, Fred , Chong but i feel OGS will go for the older heads like Mata, Matic, Young, he will only play the kids when he is in danger of losing his job!

Marko
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

No one here to cheer for RASHY!
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

kalani JR wrote:No one here to cheer for RASHY!
For scoring a penarity :P :D
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Rashy! Rashy! Rashy! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YemiBrazil wrote:Rashy! Rashy! Rashy! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The team that finished should have started, Mata and Matic dont give us much, soon as Fred and Chong were in, the game became more balanced! Disciplined performance!

Marko