Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:42 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 358, 359, 360, 361, 362  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 31200
The English are so enamored of Bielsa that nobody appears remotely interested in asking why a manager in 2021 can happily line up eleven players to run around like jack rabbits...

The novelty of Leeds wore out for me long ago...

A true mad scientist...

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 46356
Location: Akoko Highlands
What are the odds?


_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

[img];;http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11385
Leeds are a tailor made team for Man Utd. They attack and leave lots of space for quick players to exploit on the counter-attack. Not a wise tactic to adopt against a team with Rashford, Martial, and James in the starting 11.

Three other points:

1) Today justifies my advocacy for academy players like McTominay in the team.

2) If Cavani had started that game instead of Martial, Man Utd would have scored 8 or 9 at least.

3) Has Ighalo been kidnapped?


txj wrote:
I predict that someday someone is going to haul Bielsa to an international court for crimes against safety in tactics...

Before this season is over, somebody will put 10 goals past Leeds...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:47 am
Posts: 7152
I watched the two games against low oppositions Sheffield and Leeds. United played very well. I want to see that against the top ten teams but if we are using these games for training I will accept that there is a lot of improvements. I hope Pogba does not leave.

_________________
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11385
Remember when I said this 4.5 years ago? Hence why I always advocated a role for academy players such as McTominay. Exhibits A and B:

A) Pogba is in and out of the side. On the eve of Man Utd's biggest game of the season, his agent (again) goes to the media with bombshell comments saying that his client will leave the club. Utd lose that crucial game after the destabilising comments, Pogba comes back, gets an assist, but also gives the ball away in dangerous situations about 10 times in the same game.

B) McTominay is in and out of the side. On the eve of Man Utd's biggest game of the season, he and his agent (whose identity is unknown) say nothing to the media. McTominay comes back into the team, becomes the first EPL player to ever score 2 goals in the first 3 minutes of a game, has an excellent performance, and then just goes home without any media fuss or Instagram posts.


wiseone wrote:
Exactly. In some ways, those squad players are vital to the stability of the club. They are not going to win European Footballer of The Year, but can be relied upon to play 20-25 games a season, put in a solid shift and not let the team down (and not throw a tantrum if they are told to sit on the bench for a few games). This is why guys like O'Shea, Butt, David May, and Fletcher have won more EPL titles than Thierry Henry and Sergio Aguero.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:49 am
Posts: 2412
Location: Ehinkule,
txj wrote:
I predict that someday someone is going to haul Bielsa to an international court for crimes against safety in tactics...

Before this season is over, somebody will put 10 goals past Leeds...


Bruv, you don't understand the man. Put 10 past his team and he will keep trying to put 11 past you. A Mourinho he is not!!

_________________
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 7948
GG of G wrote:
txj wrote:
I predict that someday someone is going to haul Bielsa to an international court for crimes against safety in tactics...

Before this season is over, somebody will put 10 goals past Leeds...


Bruv, you don't understand the man. Put 10 past his team and he will keep trying to put 11 past you. A Mourinho he is not!!


Just like i figured out long time ago, people shall always be critical nomatter what you do.

That's why i have absolutely no problem with the way Jose Mourinho has always gone about his tactics and style of play.

The 100% anti Mourinho is being mocked now as being tactically naive :dream:
By total nobodies in the highest levels of football :rotf:

And then at the same time we will be told how a certain Arteta is good even though he is losing whilst playing well.

I think i will have a re think on Ole, maybe i have also fallen into this trap of just rubbishing people for nothing :laugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:49 am
Posts: 2412
Location: Ehinkule,
benteke wrote:
GG of G wrote:
txj wrote:
I predict that someday someone is going to haul Bielsa to an international court for crimes against safety in tactics...

Before this season is over, somebody will put 10 goals past Leeds...


Bruv, you don't understand the man. Put 10 past his team and he will keep trying to put 11 past you. A Mourinho he is not!!


Just like i figured out long time ago, people shall always be critical nomatter what you do.

That's why i have absolutely no problem with the way Jose Mourinho has always gone about his tactics and style of play.

The 100% anti Mourinho is being mocked now as being tactically naive :dream:
By total nobodies in the highest levels of football :rotf:

And then at the same time we will be told how a certain Arteta is good even though he is losing whilst playing well.

I think i will have a re think on Ole, maybe i have also fallen into this trap of just rubbishing people for nothing :laugh:

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

_________________
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 7948
And United squanders a chance to put pressure on Liverpool.
No title challenge with that defence that offers at least 2 free goals to any opposing team......


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 38654
benteke wrote:
And United squanders a chance to put pressure on Liverpool.
No title challenge with that defence that offers at least 2 free goals to any opposing team......

My brother this is EPL you were playing a team that jsut dusted Spurs at home and second in the league.You think it will be a walk in tha park for united?
This season is going to be tied,you have a game in hand.Spurs can win tomorrow go second from 6th that is how the league is tied.You guys should be happy to finish the game with 11 men,Bruno should have been send to the shower.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:29 am
Posts: 51717
kajifu wrote:
benteke wrote:
And United squanders a chance to put pressure on Liverpool.
No title challenge with that defence that offers at least 2 free goals to any opposing team......

My brother this is EPL you were playing a team that jsut dusted Spurs at home and second in the league.You think it will be a walk in tha park for united?
This season is going to be tied,you have a game in hand.Spurs can win tomorrow go second from 6th that is how the league is tied.You guys should be happy to finish the game with 11 men,Bruno should have been send to the shower.

Yeah..dude stinks! :curse:

_________________
BADDEST JAM OF 2020 JUST LANDED!
TAKA! by Pa J..is available on major platforms
ITunes, Amazon, Google, Spotify and Youtube.
You can also get it at a discount directly on www.pa-jofficial.com
Thanks for you $upport and $hares


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:47 am
Posts: 7152
The English football is brainless. Good for entertainment but brainless. United had the chance to win that game but we kept playing with the English low football IQ. Ok so OGS did not provide proper instruction to close the deal down. How our left back and others on the left side allowed such a lousy cross in our 18 yard is beyond imagination. Then Bailey sees the ball coming towards him but he gives Vardy the space he needs to take a shot unchallenged.

_________________
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 38654
paj wrote:
kajifu wrote:
benteke wrote:
And United squanders a chance to put pressure on Liverpool.
No title challenge with that defence that offers at least 2 free goals to any opposing team......

My brother this is EPL you were playing a team that jsut dusted Spurs at home and second in the league.You think it will be a walk in tha park for united?
This season is going to be tied,you have a game in hand.Spurs can win tomorrow go second from 6th that is how the league is tied.You guys should be happy to finish the game with 11 men,Bruno should have been send to the shower.

Yeah..dude stinks! :curse:

paj how far merry christmas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11385
Given the sitters that Man Utd missed (especially Rashford) against Leicester, that was a missed opportunity for 3 points. If those 2 chances that Rashford missed had fallen to Cavani, the ball would have been in the back of the net. In other news:

1) I keep pondering exactly why Lindelof continues to be selected in the first 11 given that he is the 4th best CD at the club.

2) Instead of bidding crazy money for Sancho (which BVB will reject before selling him back to Man City or to Real Madrid), a cheaper alternative is Pedro Neto at Wolves. Twinkle toes and only 20yo. Even if Wolves ask for 40-50 million for him, it would be worth it as he would sort out a wing position for the next 12 years.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11385
Good grief. This is becoming tragi-comic. How on earth do Mark Red and Jonesy keep getting injured from not playing? They have not played in a year, yet somehow get injured. Remember when Jose said during his time at Man U that some of the players are "permanently injured"?




wiseone wrote:
Speaking of the defence, Lindelof still looks suspect. He is almost in the team by default as Tuanzebe, Bailly, and Phil Jones cannot stay fit. Those three have played about 5 games between them in the past 18 months. How on earth do they get injured whilst not playing?! :shock:

Is it worth giving Mark Red another go? The Telles signing was odd given that Shaw (admittedly injury prone too) and Williams were available and already in the team.

marko wrote:
with our defence, not a chance!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:26 am
Posts: 5829
Location: Oke Langbodo
Rashy! Rashy! Rashy!! :sneaky: :mrgreen:

_________________
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 31286
Kako wrote:
Rashy! Rashy! Rashy!! :sneaky: :mrgreen:

Oi! Oi! Oi!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:47 am
Posts: 7152
On that last game against Wolves, OGS applied what he failed to do against Leicester. After Rashford's goal he pulled out an offensive player and brought in a defensive player. Lesson learned, good for him.

_________________
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 38654
joplass wrote:
On that last game against Wolves, OGS applied what he failed to do against Leicester. After Rashford's goal he pulled out an offensive player and brought in a defensive player. Lesson learned, good for him.

Manu go play play win league,you guys going after OGS when he is pretty much in second.Doing better than City Pep


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:47 am
Posts: 7152
kajifu wrote:
joplass wrote:
On that last game against Wolves, OGS applied what he failed to do against Leicester. After Rashford's goal he pulled out an offensive player and brought in a defensive player. Lesson learned, good for him.

Manu go play play win league,you guys going after OGS when he is pretty much in second.Doing better than City Pep


Sharing top spot with Pool but I am still very nervous. Something is not right about this team. Villa could have won that game today but De Gea bailed us yet again.

_________________
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:04 pm
Posts: 283
joplass wrote:
kajifu wrote:
joplass wrote:
On that last game against Wolves, OGS applied what he failed to do against Leicester. After Rashford's goal he pulled out an offensive player and brought in a defensive player. Lesson learned, good for him.

Manu go play play win league,you guys going after OGS when he is pretty much in second.Doing better than City Pep


Sharing top spot with Pool but I am still very nervous. Something is not right about this team. Villa could have won that game today but De Gea bailed us yet again.


Villa could have drawn maybe, but United too should have won by a wider margin. I agree that United doesn't appear full ripe to challenge the title but they're definitely picking crucial points.

_________________
KK


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 46356
Location: Akoko Highlands
Great job by Man U and Ole. No one saw them in 2nd position this early.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

[img];;http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 46356
Location: Akoko Highlands

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

[img];;http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 358, 359, 360, 361, 362  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group