The Best League, The Most Exciting, The Most Unpredictable

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: The Best League, The Most Exciting, The Most Unpredictab

Post by tfco »

:roll: :roll:

oh gosh, you again.

ok what is the issue...geez

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

jb wrote:
tfco wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
jb wrote:Address the main subject before you Reeve.
Ignore TFCO. The guy is a discredited clown on this issue.
what issue?

the mugu said rugby is more exiting. What is there to argue about that
I'm now a mugu, but, you still need to address the main subject and not the typo. You are an echue@.
If you're waiting for that guy to address the main subject, you'll be waiting forever don't bother.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

11 weeks for the Community Shield

Man United v LCFC

can't wait.

Euro's and Olympics can't be over soon enough

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap:

OUR league

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dude you are from ghana, and you live on Canada
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

If you guys are measuring Spurs display of football yesterday to other leagues then the EPL is still a lower league against any other 5 leagues in Europe.

Kick the ball forward and hope your tall guy will spray the love, if you get a bounce take a shot on goal.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Current Top 4 standings from 3 different Leagues.

Best league EPL table standings

1.Man City............. 33games 77pts
2.Man United........ 33games 67pts
3.Leicester............ 33games 62pts
4.Chelsea.............. 33games 58pts

5.West Ham.......... 33games. 55pts
6.Liverpool............ 33games. 54pts
7.Spurs.................. 33games. 53pts
8.Everton............... 32games. 52pts

Title decided, top 4, two places still up for grabs

La Liga table standings

1.Atletico Madrid........... 33games. 73pts
2.Real Madrid................. 33games. 71pts
3.Barcelona.................... 32games. 71pts
4.Seville.......................... 33games. 70pts

Title race undecided yet......

Serie A table standings

1.Inter........................ 33games. 79pts
2.Atalanta................. 33games. 68pts
3.Napoli.................... 33games. 66pts
4.Juventus................ 33games. 66pts

5.AC Milan................ 33games. 66pts
6.Lazio...................... 33games. 61pts

Title race to Inter, Champions League spots still up for grabs

French Ligue 1

1.Lille......................... 34games. 73pts
2.PSG......................... 34games. 72pts
3.Monaco................... 34games. 71pts
4.Lyon......................... 34games. 67pts

Title race alive, PSG looking most likely

Bundesliga I think its only a fight for CL places as well.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

benteke wrote:Current Top 4 standings from 3 different Leagues.

Best league EPL table standings

1.Man City............. 33games 77pts
2.Man United........ 33games 67pts
3.Leicester............ 33games 62pts
4.Chelsea.............. 33games 58pts

5.West Ham.......... 33games. 55pts
6.Liverpool............ 33games. 54pts
7.Spurs.................. 33games. 53pts
8.Everton............... 32games. 52pts

Title decided, top 4, one place still up for grabs

La Liga table standings

1.Atletico Madrid........... 33games. 73pts
2.Real Madrid................. 33games. 71pts
3.Barcelona.................... 32games. 71pts
4.Seville.......................... 33games. 70pts

Title race undecided yet......
Fixed!
I believe even tfco stopped watching the EPL season awhile back as the title race was decided a long time ago.
I know that I did.

So much for the "best league." :roll:

Meanwhile, La Liga fans are on the edge of their seats. :thumbs: :thumbs:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Kabalega wrote: Fixed!
I believe even tfco stopped watching the EPL season awhile back as the title race was decided a long time ago.
I know that I did.

The race for the remaining top 4 place/s in EPL is just about to get nail-biting
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Really? What clown tinted lenses do you use to look at the league table?

Top three is already sewn up and the fourth one (Chelski) may be guaranteed too
benteke wrote:
Kabalega wrote: Fixed!
I know that I did.

The race for the remaining top 4 place/s in EPL is just about to get nail-biting
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YUJAM wrote:Really? What clown tinted lenses do you use to look at the league table?

Top three is already sewn up and the fourth one (Chelski) may be guaranteed too
I did by looking at Leicester FC's last fixtures especially the last 3 are very tricky for them, away games vs Chelsea and Man U, then Spurs.
As much as Rogers has done well this season, Leicester can easily lose all 3 games and lose out on top 4.

Liverpool, if they don't lose to Man U then they have an easy run to the end. Chelsea also has some tricky games but they are not a bad side.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Guys let's be honest, the EPL teams are now well drilled and now mostly superior to teams from these "other" leagues, tactically, technically and mentally........

We are now facing another scenario where it is most likely that we will have 2 EPL teams in the CL Finals and also the Europa Finals.

The power has definitely shifted towards EPL, and i suspect that was one of the reasons that likes of Madrid and Barcelona jumped at the idea of a Super League.
Those 2 teams can no longer compete with the EPL teams for the most expensive players.

I think i am going to like this situation..... *rubbing hands gleefully*
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

benteke wrote:Guys let's be honest, the EPL teams are now well drilled and now mostly superior to teams from these "other" leagues, tactically, technically and mentally........

We are now facing another scenario where it is most likely that we will have 2 EPL teams in the CL Finals and also the Europa Finals.

The power has definitely shifted towards EPL, and i suspect that was one of the reasons that likes of Madrid and Barcelona jumped at the idea of a Super League.
Those 2 teams can no longer compete with the EPL teams for the most expensive players.

Yeah Real Madrid who are in the CL Semis and routinely make it to the CL quarters with Barça, can no longer compete with the mighty EPL teams that is why they wanted to join a Super league with six EPL teams. :roll:

When people wonder whether EPL fans have brains, they call them names... :taunt:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Kabalega wrote:
benteke wrote:Guys let's be honest, the EPL teams are now well drilled and now mostly superior to teams from these "other" leagues, tactically, technically and mentally........

Yeah Real Madrid who are in the CL Semis and routinely make it to the CL quarters with Barça, can no longer compete with the mighty EPL teams that is why they wanted to join a Super league with six EPL teams. :roll:

When people wonder whether EPL fans have brains, they call them names... :taunt:
You missed my point in the 2nd paragraph.
What i was saying is that Madrid and Barcelona will struggle to compete with EPL teams for the most expensive players
In reality what is happening is that financially the power is shifting towards EPL and this is worrying for those two La Liga teams because they have huge debts.
That was the impression i got when i read Florentino Perez's interview that other day when the Super League drama was happening.
He said a lot of things mostly about the finances.

And when one looks at the Deloitte Money League, top 30 is made up of more that 10 EPL teams.
And this trend will go on if the current deals within EPL keep improving, even midtable EPL teams are getting good finances.
That's where i say it was necessary for Madrid to push for Super League.
They tried another way before with financial fair play to stop City..

Anyway I still look forward to 4 EPL teams in the finals of CL & Europa :taunt: :taunt:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

benteke wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

You missed my point in the 2nd paragraph.
What i was saying is that Madrid and Barcelona will struggle to compete with EPL teams for the most expensive players
In reality what is happening is that financially the power is shifting towards EPL and this is worrying for those two La Liga teams because they have huge debts.
That was the impression i got when i read Florentino Perez's interview that other day when the Super League drama was happening.
He said a lot of things mostly about the finances.

And when one looks at the Deloitte Money League, top 30 is made up of more that 10 EPL teams.
And this trend will go on if the current deals within EPL keep improving, even midtable EPL teams are getting good finances.
That's where i say it was necessary for Madrid to push for Super League.
They tried another way before with financial fair play to stop City..

Anyway I still look forward to 4 EPL teams in the finals of CL & Europa :taunt: :taunt:
Oh, financially and not on the green grass.
This is nothing new though. EPL teams have flexed their financial muscle around for awhile now.

I don't think that Perez at RM, and the guys at Barça are as concerned about EPL teams as you think. They are more concerned with maximizing revenue. The La Liga TV payouts shifted to be more equitable.

The pandemic wreaked havoc on team's finances.
So these teams decided to push forward with an idea they've harbored for a long time.
Though the execution was bad.

The EPL teams that signed onto the ESL project could have said, "No! We are dominating and growing. We don't need to join the ESL."
They didn't because they knew how much more lucrative the ESL would have been.
They also know there is a limit to the EPL team appeal around Europe and the World. :twisted:
Kunle
Egg
Egg

Post by Kunle »

Kabalega wrote:
This is nothing new though. EPL teams have flexed their financial muscle around for awhile now.

I don't think that Perez at RM, and the guys at Barça are as concerned about EPL teams as you think. They are more concerned with maximizing revenue. The La Liga TV payouts shifted to be more equitable.

So these teams decided to push forward with an idea they've harbored for a long time.

The EPL teams that signed onto the ESL project could have said, "No! We are dominating and growing. We don't need to join the ESL."
They also know there is a limit to the EPL team appeal around Europe and the World. :twisted:
Debatable. I don't know anywhere outside Europe where EPL is less appealing than other European Leagues. Why do you you think EPL is richer?
KK
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Kunle wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Debatable. I don't know anywhere outside Europe where EPL is less appealing than other European Leagues. Why do you you think EPL is richer?
Please read the sentence you highlighted think about it and then read your reply and chew on it a bit.
Is the EPL more appealing than cricket in India or more appealing than American football in the US?

Your post is typical of EPL fans.
It's like they have scales and clouded lenses on their eyes so they cannot see clearly, compounded by an intoxicating brew coursing through their veins. :thumbs:
Kunle
Egg
Egg

Post by Kunle »

Kabalega wrote:
Kunle wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Please read the sentence you highlighted think about it and then read your reply and chew on it a bit.
Is the EPL more appealing than cricket in India or more appealing than American football in the US?

Your post is typical of EPL fans.
It's like they have scales and clouded lenses on their eyes so they cannot see clearly, compounded by an intoxicating brew coursing through their veins. :thumbs:
Now you're changing the basis for your comparison. Very convenient haha :clap: :clap: Was your argument above about soccer vs other sports or on how EPL compares with similar leagues in Europe?
I repeat: in most countries outside of europe following european soccer game, EPL remains the most popular.
KK
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The EPL just overtook La Liga in the UEFA ranking of top leagues for the first time in 9 years.
I do think the EPL top sides are marginally stronger than the top La Liga sides this season. That said O do think the EPL is less competitive than La Liga which has seen a decline in the gap between the top teams and others in the league.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

YUJAM wrote:The EPL just overtook La Liga in the UEFA ranking of top leagues for the first time in 9 years.
I do think the EPL top sides are marginally stronger than the top La Liga sides this season. That said O do think the EPL is less competitive than La Liga which has seen a decline in the gap between the top teams and others in the league.
Very astute observation :clap:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YUJAM wrote:The EPL just overtook La Liga in the UEFA ranking of top leagues for the first time in 9 years.
If it was me or tfco who made this post about these rankings, kabalega would have come at high speed to scold and call us EPL fans who don't think :rotf:

But jokes aside, I hope the likes of Bayern, Barcelona Rela Madrid AC Milan return to their Highest standards again very soon, or else we could tbe treated to all EPL finals every year in Europe :biggrin:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Only Madrid stands in the way of another all English CL Final again.

Could be the same again in Europa unless Villareal and Roma do the extraordinary.

La Liga fan boys will go into hibernation :rotf:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

benteke wrote:Only Madrid stands in the way of another all English CL Final again.

Could be the same again in Europa unless Villareal and Roma do the extraordinary.

La Liga fan boys will go into hibernation :rotf:
All English final with City taking it this year.