Pogba is overrated

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
joplass
Egg
Egg
Re: Pogba is overrated

Post by joplass »

oloye wrote: They don't need me,it is not about me or you, I dont know why you guys cannot have a simple conversation without making it personal or throw some cheap childish jibes when your club is criticised...i need to begin to watch the folks I trade banter with on this site from now on.
A lot of small minds do that here. I have complained about this one bad habit before. It tells you more about such people. You are in thread talking about football and all of sudden you are the subject of the thread. :curse:
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Pogba is NOT the problem (Although he is also not worth more than 30 mil in the current market), the problem is his useless coach.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

I disagree that Pogba is overrated. He is not. It's just that he is now playing in the toughest league in the World. EPL is a no smeh smeh league.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

It has been 435 days since Paul Pogba last ended on the losing team in a Premier League game (October 23rd 2016 v Chelsea). Since then he's played in 34 games (W21 D13 L0), while Man Utd have lost five games without him in this period.

spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

3 things
1. Pogha is not overrated. He is very good. Perhaps the only really good player at United
2. United like most top clubs tend to overpay. Yes he wasn't worth 90 million. That's why City pulled out f the chase. But in fairness neither are lots of players teams pay excessive amounts for.
3. Mourinho is the overrated one In this equation. He has lots of good players, but simply hasn't improved any of them with his system. And that's the problem.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

kolinzo wrote:I disagree that Pogba is overrated. He is not. It's just that he is now playing in the toughest league in the World. EPL is a no smeh smeh league.
The Epl isn't that tough. But you Epl fans wouldn't stop peddling this fallacy.

Anyway, carry on :)
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

spastic wrote:
kolinzo wrote:I disagree that Pogba is overrated. He is not. It's just that he is now playing in the toughest league in the World. EPL is a no smeh smeh league.
The Epl isn't that tough. But you Epl fans wouldn't stop peddling this fallacy.

Anyway, carry on :)
Remind us how many points City finished behind Chelsea last season.

Cheers. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

For me, Pogba is near perfect technically. He just needs more of a killer instinct.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

airwolex wrote:For me, Pogba is near perfect technically. He just needs more of a killer instinct.
KPOM!!!

I think he is better than KDB. If he was used by a more attacking manager that didn't give him such a static role he would do so much better.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

David De Gea says hi.
spastic wrote:3 things
1. Pogha is not overrated. He is very good. Perhaps the only really good player at United
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

cic old boy wrote:I have NEVER seen Pogba control/dominate a game in Italy, for France and now at Manure.
Still waiting...
http://www.naijiant.com/
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

TheHitman47 wrote:
airwolex wrote:For me, Pogba is near perfect technically. He just needs more of a killer instinct.
KPOM!!!

I think he is better than KDB. If he was used by a more attacking manager that didn't give him such a static role he would do so much better.
No need to think bro. He is the best 10 in the world. he hasnt played in his natural position majority of the time, this season, and more so, he has been injured for a long time and served suspension once. But yet:
Pogba 7 assists in 12 PL matches

De Bruyne 9 assists in 21 PL matches
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Pogba is underrated like Iniesta.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:
KPOM!!!

No need to think bro. He is the best 10 in the world. he hasnt played in his natural position majority of the time, this season, and more so, he has been injured for a long time and served suspension once. But yet:

Goals nko? Abi na only assists we go chop :D Na simple innocent question i dey ask o...abeg i nor want wahala. Anyway na ya oga Jose's tactics wan rub sand sand for Pogba with his ultra defensive tactics. Pogba na good player no question about that.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:
KPOM!!!

Goals nko? Abi na only assists we go chop :D Na simple innocent question i dey ask o...abeg i nor want wahala.
Paul Pogba 3 goals in 12 PL Matches

Kevin De Bruyne 6 goals in 22 PL Matches
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Pogba is world class. He has everything you would want in a player.
He is young, fast, powerful, technically gifted, a physical beast, has great vision, passes accurately and can score.

There is absolutely nothing overrated about Pogba.
The only thing he needs is more experience. I suspect one day he might be a future golden ball contender.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Damn, what does Manure have to do to score against Derby.
Must have hit the post 10 times now.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Blame mourinho for not allowing Pogba to dominate games, the man has it all in his footballing repetoire, who in the premiership can pass a ball like him, we should have beaten derby 10 nil today, we were unlucky, in football, yes it happens, rashford did everything but the ball refused to go in, then lingard who is united in form player does a usual cracker and it goes in
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

If France have a good Workd Cup, I can see him being a contender for world footballer of the year.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Word!

On a good day Pogba is a real joy to watch. He tends to overdo simple things but I guess that will come with experience.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:If France have a good Workd Cup, I can see him being a contender for world footballer of the year.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Unless he scores 30-40 goals in the next calendar year I cannot see him breaking the CR7-Messi duopoly, Especially when there are other outstanding candidates like Neymar, Kane, and Lewandowski.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:If France have a good Workd Cup, I can see him being a contender for world footballer of the year.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Hmmmm.......what do we all think after today. :)
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051