How Guardiola is revolutionizing English football

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How Guardiola is revolutionizing English football

Post by Cristao II »

Coach wrote:Fulham spent money, a pretty penny and threw a plethora of coaches into the cocktail. Hardly Sex on the Beach, more like Titus Bramble breaking in through the black door and hiding in the bedroom closet.
Quality of squad before spend and quality of players bought. Chelsea, City are now dominant due to monies spent. Pep is no angel* but I doubt that he could get Fulham to win the EPL without monies.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Cristao II wrote:
Coach wrote:Fulham spent money, a pretty penny and threw a plethora of coaches into the cocktail. Hardly Sex on the Beach, more like Titus Bramble breaking in through the black door and hiding in the bedroom closet.
Quality of squad before spend and quality of players bought. Chelsea, City are now dominant due to monies spent. Pep is no angel* but I doubt that he could get Fulham to win the EPL without monies.

Fulham are not ae$thetic enough for Pepe.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cristao II wrote:
Coachitto knows what he is doing,Fulham came from championship,teams that have compete without spending money are spurs,Ajax,Dortmund and Lyon this year
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:
cic old boy wrote: There's nothing revolutionary about 93 points in a 1st season. Borinho had 95 in his 1st.
He has changed what is required to be champs
you keep spinning your wheels

1. Pep has changed what is required to win the league
2. IIRC, a team needs maximum points to win the league
3. On the flip side, Mourinho, who had 95 points previously, did not revolutionize the league by collecting_maximum_points

SAF - treble. did that revolutionize the league?
You have a problem following threads you are trolling. You asked whether Conte was revolutionising in with his 93 points EPL win. I said it can't be when somebody has done it b/4.

Liverpool's 97 points was 18 points more than Manure had when they won the treble and still Liverpool finished 2nd. So the requirements to win have been changed by the bar being raised.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Cristao II wrote:
Pep is a coach not a magician.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Samora Machel wrote:Guardiola is a good coach but I don't see anything revolutionary about him at all. Whether in the EPL or Champions League
It is not about him. It is about his teams. Many of the naysayers, including you I presume, were saying he couldn’t play like Barca in the EPL. The league was meant to be fast and furious and physical. He has got his teams to play his way and win. And possession football combined with high pressing is unusual in England.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Manchester City's opponents in cup competitions this season
Competition Opponents
FA Cup Rotherham United, Burnley, Newport County, Swansea City, Brighton & Hove Albion, Watford
League Cup Oxford United, Fulham, Leicester City, Burton Albion, Chelsea
Mind u nah pk vs Chelsea
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

VAR was not used in the Swansea game because the match was played at a non Premier League ground

City win from an offside goal
Were Manure excluded from the cup competitions? Why did City only beat small teams?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

cic old boy wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:Guardiola is a good coach but I don't see anything revolutionary about him at all. Whether in the EPL or Champions League
It is not about him. It is about his teams. Many of the naysayers, including you I presume, were saying he couldn’t play like Barca in the EPL. The league was meant to be fast and furious and physical. He has got his teams to play his way and win. And possession football combined with high pressing is unusual in England.
We already saw high pressing with Rodgers at Liverpool and Pochettino at Southampton. Klopp also took it to another level at Liverpool and it usually results in more possession as we see with Liverpool in many games. Also the quality of squad also makes possession easier.
The opinion out there is that the most exciting teams to watch in EPL are Liverpool and City. That was the same when Liverpool missed out on the title to City in 2014.