Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:09 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39422
Location: Land of the Terrapins
YUJAM wrote:
One doesn’t forget how to play football. How does he go from being a very good player in Spain, a standout last season to, to being an outcast this season, villainized and blamed by Mou?

Bailly is a class footballer. He may not be Umtiti. Who is after all? But he’s demonstrated he is elite

Point is this is all Mou. How many players has he cast out like this? DeBruyne, Salah.. It goes on


Mou don comot team dey ball only Bailey Ole Gunnar dey call na for bartender.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 14748
TXJ, how far with barca fans and Umpitty Dumpity :rotf: :rotf:








_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11292
That Chelsea game demonstrated both sides of Bailly. He was shocking in the first 2-3 minutes. He had a first touch like Bill Cosby early on (perhaps forgiveable because of match rustiness after a lengthy lay off). Then for the remainder of the game he made several last ditch blocks and tackles where he came flying in as if he had jets attached to his boots. Electric pace.

IF he can stay fit and improve his positioning, he could be a specimen in the future.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30661
danfo driver wrote:
TXJ, how far with barca fans and Umpitty Dumpity :rotf: :rotf:










SMH....

One won the world cup. The other is ? Well....

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 14748
txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
TXJ, how far with barca fans and Umpitty Dumpity :rotf: :rotf:










SMH....

One won the world cup. The other is ? Well....


The other is inducing suicide amongst everyone in his circle in real life. How many people have you forced to get a noose? :oops:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 14748
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
Mou continues his rich tradition of destroying world class players. Bailly his latest victim


You cannot destroy that which doesn't exist in the first place. Bailly is a talented player, but like I told you and danfo, he is not an elite centerback talent.

Umtiti is at least 1 level above him...


what level was umpitty dumpitty today? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 14748
txj wrote:


SMH....

One won the world cup. The other is ? Well....


The one who won the World Cup all by himself, how is he doing? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11292
Bailly doing stepovers in the box (against Chelsea) and while facing his own goal (against Bruge). That man is a nutter. I will miss him playing alongside that other headcase Mark Red.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30661
Interesting that Shaw is preferred as a CB in a three centerback formation over Bailly

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11292
In that back 3, they need a left footed player to play LCB. It was the reason why LVG bought Mark Red; and also the reason he became redundant when Man U switched to a back 4 (well that, and the fact he was injured nearly 50% of the time).

txj wrote:
Interesting that Shaw is preferred as a CB in a three centerback formation over Bailly


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 14748
wiseone wrote:
In that back 3, they need a left footed player to play LCB. It was the reason why LVG bought Mark Red; and also the reason he became redundant when Man U switched to a back 4 (well that, and the fact he was injured nearly 50% of the time).

txj wrote:
Interesting that Shaw is preferred as a CB in a three centerback formation over Bailly


TxJ is not just having a bad week, he seems to be having a bad life. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30661
wiseone wrote:
In that back 3, they need a left footed player to play LCB. It was the reason why LVG bought Mark Red; and also the reason he became redundant when Man U switched to a back 4 (well that, and the fact he was injured nearly 50% of the time).

txj wrote:
Interesting that Shaw is preferred as a CB in a three centerback formation over Bailly



Its the ideal, but its not a requirement. In any case, Maguire is a left CD.
He played as left CD for England in the WC.

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 30614
Irrelevant.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11292
With the plethora of one footed pro footballers knocking about these days, having a left footed LCB is very important for teams that play a back 3. England played Maguire (a right footed CD) at LCB in the WC out of necessity, not choice. Do tell - who is that left footed international quality English CD that is good enough to play at the WC?... *crickets*

Basically Maguire was put there because no one else could play there! Playing Bailly (who is rash at the best of times) in an unfamiliar position on an unfamiliar side of the pitch could have unbalanced the team. Remember his horror show against PSG last year when played at RB?

txj wrote:
wiseone wrote:
In that back 3, they need a left footed player to play LCB. It was the reason why LVG bought Mark Red; and also the reason he became redundant when Man U switched to a back 4 (well that, and the fact he was injured nearly 50% of the time).

txj wrote:
Interesting that Shaw is preferred as a CB in a three centerback formation over Bailly



Its the ideal, but its not a requirement. In any case, Maguire is a left CD.
He played as left CD for England in the WC.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30661
wiseone wrote:
With the plethora of one footed pro footballers knocking about these days, having a left footed LCB is very important for teams that play a back 3. England played Maguire (a right footed CD) at LCB in the WC out of necessity, not choice. Do tell - who is that left footed international quality English CD that is good enough to play at the WC?... *crickets*

Basically Maguire was put there because no one else could play there! Playing Bailly (who is rash at the best of times) in an unfamiliar position on an unfamiliar side of the pitch could have unbalanced the team. Remember his horror show against PSG last year when played at RB?

txj wrote:
wiseone wrote:
In that back 3, they need a left footed player to play LCB. It was the reason why LVG bought Mark Red; and also the reason he became redundant when Man U switched to a back 4 (well that, and the fact he was injured nearly 50% of the time).

txj wrote:
Interesting that Shaw is preferred as a CB in a three centerback formation over Bailly



Its the ideal, but its not a requirement. In any case, Maguire is a left CD.
He played as left CD for England in the WC.



Its not as important as you make it. There are not many left footed CDs playing LCD. Van Dyk plays as left CD for Liverpool. He's not left footed. John Terry wasn't either...

Bottomline is, OGS felt more comfy with Shaw than Bailly. That is quite interesting...

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11292
1) Yes it is. The fact that LVG bought the left footed Daley Blind, tried to buy Mats Hummels, and in desperation bought Mark Red when he could not get Hummels, was because he needed a left footed LCB. Today Dortmund plays with a back 3: with the left footed Dan-Axel Zagadou at LCB. Do you think that is a coincidence? Heck even SF played Evra as a LCB when he played a back 3!

2) You are comparing apples and oranges. VDV and JT played on the left side of CENTRAL DEFENCE in a back 4. Not in a back 3 with 3 CDs, nor do they play LCB. Playing with only 2 CDs in a back 4, they spend the entire 90 minutes standing in the middle of the pitch so being right/left footed is not as crucial.

If as you claim, having a left footed CD at LCB is not important, then please explain why LVG never once played the left footed Blind and Mark Red at RCB throughout his tenure? (even when faced with huge defensive injury crises) He preferred to play a right footed unknown youth team player called Paddy McNair at RCB rather than take the risk of playing a left footed player at RCB.

Shaw is more stable as a LCD (in a back 3) than Bailly, end of.


txj wrote:
Its not as important as you make it. There are not many left footed CDs playing LCD. Van Dyk plays as left CD for Liverpool. He's not left footed. John Terry wasn't either...

Bottomline is, OGS felt more comfy with Shaw than Bailly. That is quite interesting...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30661
wiseone wrote:
1) Yes it is. The fact that LVG bought the left footed Daley Blind, tried to buy Mats Hummels, and in desperation bought Mark Red when he could not get Hummels, was because he needed a left footed LCB. Today Dortmund plays with a back 3: with the left footed Dan-Axel Zagadou at LCB. Do you think that is a coincidence? Heck even SF played Evra as a LCB when he played a back 3!

2) You are comparing apples and oranges. VDV and JT played on the left side of CENTRAL DEFENCE in a back 4. Not in a back 3 with 3 CDs, nor do they play LCB. Playing with only 2 CDs in a back 4, they spend the entire 90 minutes standing in the middle of the pitch so being right/left footed is not as crucial.

If as you claim, having a left footed CD at LCB is not important, then please explain why LVG never once played the left footed Blind and Mark Red at RCB throughout his tenure? (even when faced with huge defensive injury crises) He preferred to play a right footed unknown youth team player called Paddy McNair at RCB rather than take the risk of playing a left footed player at RCB.

Shaw is more stable as a LCD (in a back 3) than Bailly, end of.


txj wrote:
Its not as important as you make it. There are not many left footed CDs playing LCD. Van Dyk plays as left CD for Liverpool. He's not left footed. John Terry wasn't either...

Bottomline is, OGS felt more comfy with Shaw than Bailly. That is quite interesting...



A LCD is a LCD, irrespective of formation. You are clearly overstating it...And Dortmund play Akanji as LCD even when Hummels is playing...

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 11292
That bold part has made me realise I should not have wasted my time debating this with you. If you do not know the massive tactical gulf between playing CD in a 4 man defence and LCD in a back 3, you have bigger issues than Shaw or Bailly.

txj wrote:
A LCD is a LCD, irrespective of formation. You are clearly overstating it...And Dortmund play Akanji as LCD even when Hummels is playing...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 30661
wiseone wrote:
That bold part has made me realise I should not have wasted my time debating this with you. If you do not know the massive tactical gulf between playing CD in a 4 man defence and LCD in a back 3, you have bigger issues than Shaw or Bailly.

txj wrote:
A LCD is a LCD, irrespective of formation. You are clearly overstating it...And Dortmund play Akanji as LCD even when Hummels is playing...



Point is, its not as massive as you make it out to be, which you do in order to justify your position.

And the examples I've shown you, which you conveniently ignore, support my assertion. For instance, the case of Hummels and Akanji at Dortmund.

Or the case of Maguire for England, who could've played a left back as LCD.

If it was that decisive, why did they not play Danny Rose there? Afterall, he like Shaw is a natural LB...

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group