The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Image

One player is leaving, the other is staying. :clap:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ennes.html
Dumb comment by the fans - did Ramsay start the match? Guendouzi was most likely exhausted. Tired players make errors.
And you wonder why you support a team of losers like Tottenham?

Dude, if you are tired, get the fucccck off the pitch! tired mr assss.... You came into the match as a substitute in the 53rd minute and you are tired???? Does he ever get tired of picking up his paycheck? :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bepanda wrote:Our season could come to a bitter halt, if we lose to United this Sunday. But, what's new? It is March ... Even a tie will be a massive let down for Arsenal.
The next two games are must win games. There is no other way around it. Emery has no choice.
This has been the worst time for Arsenal to get red cards. Torreira, Lacazette (Europa), Socratis (Europa) .... meaning scrubs will be called upon to play.
In addition, our strikers have been piss poor. And our midfield really needs to step up and become more decisive in games.
The last 4 games have shown us what we all knew about Ozil. 2 good games against trash teams ... and all of the sudden, everyone wants him in the team and starting.
Then two stinkers ... (Spurs, Rennes). But, please tell us something we didn't already know.
I doubt Emery starts him/plays him against Manchester United. Our season is on the line these next 2 games.
You got that right! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My people let us talk about sunday game against inform Manu,i cant sleep as fear dey me concerning Manu.Last time they came to emirate walk away with a victory and their coach was just getting warm up.What Manu did to PSG in Paris is no joke ooooh,no Martial,No Sanchez no Oga PP world best number 10.

So how can we beat them since they are a point ahead of us?We cant afford to drop point.We have not won our last 2 games we cant make it 3 back to back.
So I ask my fellow beloved fans,how will you line up against Manu if you are in Emery position?Your best 11 and the tactics consider the ref on sunday also is a Manchester fan?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

kajifu wrote:My people let us talk about sunday game against inform Manu,i cant sleep as fear dey me concerning Manu.Last time they came to emirate walk away with a victory and their coach was just getting warm up.What Manu did to PSG in Paris is no joke ooooh,no Martial,No Sanchez no Oga PP world best number 10.

So how can we beat them since they are a point ahead of us?We cant afford to drop point.We have not won our last 2 games we cant make it 3 back to back.
So I ask my fellow beloved fans,how will you line up against Manu if you are in Emery position?Your best 11 and the tactics consider the ref on sunday also is a Manchester fan?
Sleep no catch you be that.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Two assists and four goals against Bournemouth, Leicester, Watford and Newcastle.

Great return on 400k per week :curse:

Thanks Wenger and Gazidis :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
kajifu wrote:My people let us talk about sunday game against inform Manu,i cant sleep as fear dey me concerning Manu.Last time they came to emirate walk away with a victory and their coach was just getting warm up.What Manu did to PSG in Paris is no joke ooooh,no Martial,No Sanchez no Oga PP world best number 10.

Sleep no catch you be that.
Are you going to post positive news to give me hope or just don't have anything to say about this must win game?.
I know you are likely shaking also :boo: :boo: :boo:
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I expect Emeribe's Arsenal to be well beaten on Sunday, but expect them to bounce back to beat Rennes 4-1 at home and scale trough to the next round.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Nkume wrote:I expect Emeribe's Arsenal to be well beaten on Sunday, but expect them to bounce back to beat Rennes 4-1 at home and scale trough to the next round.

Bia, why does Anikulapo call you a cannibal sef?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Just imagine he didn't play at Rennes. ...
anikulapo wrote:Two assists and four goals against Bournemouth, Leicester, Watford and Newcastle.
Great return on 400k per week :curse:
Thanks Wenger and Gazidis :curse:
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Nkume wrote:I expect Emeribe's Arsenal to be well beaten on Sunday, but expect them to bounce back to beat Rennes 4-1 at home and scale trough to the next round.

Bia, why does Anikulapo call you a cannibal sef?
You want to bet?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Arsenal vs Manchester United: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer shows what the alternative to Unai Emery looks like
Arsenal went against appointing ‘one of their own’ in choosing Emery over Mikel Arteta, but Solskjaer’s heroic return to Old Trafford has displayed exactly what the Emirates is currently lacking

By the time that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was finalising his plan for Paris Saint-Germain, and had to speak to the international media for the pre-game press conference, he realised this was a moment for more than inspirational soundbites. He realised this was an opportunity, that could actually serve that plan. He realised it could be much more than a press conference.

Solskjaer began to assertively talk about exactly how Manchester United could navigate their Champions League second leg against PSG and knock them out. Most impressively, he spelled out some specifics - how a goal at the right time could cause the French champions to “doubt” themselves, how the key would be staying in it until a late surge in the crucial late stages.

Most importantly, he sounded so convincing. And not just to the media. To his players. That was the real point of this. They visualised it. They began to believe it could happen. And what happened?

It marked quite a difference to the manager Solskjaer meets this Sunday at Arsenal, who found himself on the opposite side of the most similar situation to Wednesday, and one that hung over that entire night at Parc des Princes.

Unai Emery was the manager who oversaw PSG’s first and most famous farcical Champions League collapse, that 6-1 at Barcelona.

The job really shouldn’t have been easier. A 4-0 lead like PSG enjoyed had never been overturned in over six decades of the competition, and all he really had to do was set the right solid team, and at this juncture the right tone. There was none of that. There was only apprehension.

Emery’s curious demeanour struck everyone in the Camp Nou press room that day. One figure connected to Barcelona who was watching from the back turned to a colleague and remarked “it’s like he’s petrified this can actually happen”.

It is the most extreme of examples, of course, but feels all the more relevant ahead of the visit of Solskjaer on Sunday.

Because, after the way the Manchester United manager made everyone imagine that victory against PSG was possible, it’s impossible not to imagine what Arsenal might have been like had they gone with their own Solskjaer.

Solskjaer has recaptured the imagination of his club in a way Emery has not (Getty)
That was Mikel Arteta, and that was the appointment they were considering before Emery.

In the same way that Solskjaer has offered his own tribute to Sir Alex Ferguson, Arteta would surely have done that with Arsene Wenger and Pep Guardiola. He just picked up so much.

Because this genuinely goes beyond mimicry, mere soundbites, “putting smiles on faces” and press conferences - even in a world where one reason Arsenal ultimately dispensed with Wenger was because Stan Kroenke saw empty seats at the Emirates on US television.

Appointing Arteta would have maintained a link to Arsenal's past (Getty)
Emery is a good manager, with a fine record, but it is not for nothing some around Arsenal have described him as “a rare football figure so lacking in charisma”. One regular joke around press conferences is whether he will ever actually say anything quotable.

Whereas Solskjaer seems to make sure he makes the right impression in almost every public appearance, it is as if Emery almost goes out of his way to say nothing. And that is in both English and Spanish.

These are obviously the sort of superficial obsessions rendered irrelevant by good results and good football, but that’s also the point.

Emery has been fine, and the team has mostly looked competent as they remain competitive for the Champions League places, but have they been good enough to justify an appointment that still feels as if it is just reducing a figurehead role to something more functional? Something that feels as if any technocrat coach can do it?

It is conspicuous that an air of complaining and drabness has returned to the Emirates so quickly. It didn’t take long. There’s just not that much excitement around the place at the moment, and Arsenal are not currently that much of a story.

Similarly, for all that other supporters inevitably mock the United fans’ rapturous response to just how much Solskjaer “gets it”, it’s difficult not to think many of them envy it. This is what many would crave.

A manager getting the results they dream about, and just generally comporting himself in a manner they idealise.

Solskjaer also perfectly displayed against PSG how all of this - and “the vibe” - can actually have a tangible influence on performance and results. It is all part of a bigger picture, maybe a “holistic” choice, as Manchester City famously used in first looking to bring in Guardiola.

And perhaps this points to an evolution as regards choices of managers in general. Against the technocrat continental style of Emery, Solskjaer may well represent a new breed of coach more emotionally tuned to the modern player.

The rancorous case of his very predecessor at United, Jose Mourinho, displays this may be more relevant than ever.

The United players now “love” Solskjaer, and feel completely in thrall to him, convinced he has “a magic touch”. They were gleefully singing the fans’ song about him in the Parc des Princes dressing room on Wednesday, before gleefully offering social media posts about what a legend he is.

Emery’s own experience shows how fragile this can be, mind. The Arsenal players were hugely taken with him in that initial autumn winning run, and willing to buy into everything, only for that to gradually fade as the novelty wore off. There are no real problems with him now - beyond the mystery of Mesut Ozil - but there isn’t a grand excitement either.

It may not last, of course. There is already a sense - in some ways only bolstered by what happened in Paris - that this is all just going too well; that it’s unsustainable. Many in analytics are already fairly pointing to United’s numbers, and how they are performing to extremes that are likely impossible to keep up, and that a regression is inevitable.

That may well start against Arsenal. Emery remains a fine manager, after all, with a brilliant tactical brain.

He may well start to upend the race for the top-four by inflicting Solskjaer’s first league defeat.

It’s just that the United manager has already been talking about how he’s preparing for that. He’s already set the right messages there. They are more than optics. They are why Solskjaer has become more than a stand-in. Emery is contractually much more than a stand-in for Arsenal. But that’s not always how it feels.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 13366.html

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Nkume wrote:Would the old Arsenal have fallen apart with 10 men? Remember this was a team truly used to playing with 10.
Rosicky & Cesc played as a central 2 in a 10 vs 11 many times & passed the ball outta the 11.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My people spurs open nyash,a win tomorrow and we stand a chsnce finish 3rd not even 4th.Spurs still have city and liverpool to play...
Hope our boys show up tomorrow big time...
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

kajifu wrote:My people spurs open nyash,a win tomorrow and we stand a chance finish 3rd not even 4th.Spurs still have city and liverpool to play...
Bro. take it easy and keep your BP at safe levels.

Win or lose na Arsenal and na game.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Southapton finished the job Aubameyang could not. Arsenal will regret the points they gave away to Spurs.
kajifu wrote:My people spurs open nyash,a win tomorrow and we stand a chsnce finish 3rd not even 4th.Spurs still have city and liverpool to play...
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bepanda wrote:Southapton finished the job Aubameyang could not. Arsenal will regret the points they gave away to Spurs.
kajifu wrote:My people spurs open nyash,a win tomorrow and we stand a chsnce finish 3rd not even 4th.Spurs still have city and liverpool to play...
I hope not,if we win tomorrow and Liverpool beat this spurs we are good as long as we keep wining.That was freaking 2 points drop, i hope Auba never take PK again if Laca is playing.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
kajifu wrote:My people spurs open nyash,a win tomorrow and we stand a chance finish 3rd not even 4th.Spurs still have city and liverpool to play...
Bro. take it easy and keep your BP at safe levels.

Win or lose na Arsenal and na game.
True talk,Manu is the inform team in the league
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:Monchi has left his position at Roma :shock: Welcome to Arsenal :taunt:
They sacked his man. But what is crazy is they were talking to Ranieri behind his back.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

We got this. Only Liverpool and Manchester city have a better home record than us.
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Monchi has left his position at Roma :shock: Welcome to Arsenal :taunt:
They sacked his man. But what is crazy is they were talking to Ranieri behind his back.

AS Roma and Monchi have mutually agreed to bring an early end to their professional relationship.

Monchi: "I would like to thank president Pallotta, the club’s management, staff, players and fans for their support during my time at the club."
Stop telling fables :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Molue Conductor wrote:We got this. Only Liverpool and Manchester city have a better home record than us.

Only Liverpool and Manchester City have a better away record than ManU :mrgreen: :taunt:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

AS Roma and Monchi have mutually agreed to bring an early end to their professional relationship.

Monchi: "I would like to thank president Pallotta, the club’s management, staff, players and fans for their support during my time at the club."
They fired EDF which prompted him to leave, the agreement with Jimmy Palotta was that the coach not be fired without his blessing so once they sacked him he left too.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kalani JR wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

They fired EDF which prompted him to leave, the agreement with Jimmy Palotta was that the coach not be fired without his blessing so once they sacked him he left too.

Are you talking to me or the guy telling the fables :???:

MLK.