The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Bigpokey24 »

why are assnal fans losing sleep all they need to do is whoop Leicester and hope united waya Sarri :D
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Waffiman wrote:Given other results, all we needed was 4 points from Crystal Palace at home and Wolves Away. Only 4 farking points against mid-table teams, not top 4 or top 6 teams, and this group of players could not deliver.

I am livid. :curse: :curse: :curse:
why do you constantly find excuses for assnal...bottom line you lost badly to CP and Wolves , letting in half a dozen goals.... why do you enjoy mediocrity
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Waffiman wrote:Despite the disappointments of the last 2 results, we can still do this.

Spurs currently have 70 points.
I see Spurs getting minimum 7 points from their last 3 fixtures - West Ham 3 (H), Bournemouth 1 (A) and Everton 3 (H). This takes them to a total of 77 points.

Chelsea currently have 67 points.
I predict Chelsea getting 5 points maximum from their last 3 fixtures - ManU 1 (A), Watford 3 (H) and Leicester 1 (H). This takes them to a total of 72 points.

ManU currently have 64 points
I predict ManU getting 7 points maximum from their last 3 fixtures - Chelsea 1 (H), Huddersfield 3 (A) and Cardiff 3 (H). This takes them to a total of 71 points.

Arsenal currently have 66 points.
I predict us getting 7 points maximum from our last 3 fixtures - Leicester 1 (A), Brighton 3 (H) and Burnley 3 (A). This takes us to a total of 73 points.

Here is to HOPE. :winking:
smh... so only Chelsea get 5 points , Ok.. you play the foxes before Chelsea and United....I will be back to bump this quote... you just lost 2 games back to back, and you rant about such..why don't you focus on winning all your games and then remove the spec from the other contenders?
SuperEagles

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

We'd a tougher run in than appreciated - how unlucky of us to play 4 fixtures one after the other against teams
competing for 7th place - a Europa spot(isn't it). Received wisdom totally downplayed that important fact.

EPL Table:

7. Wolverhampton Wanderers - 51pts
8. Watford - 50pts
9. Everton - 49pts
10. Leicester City - 48pts

About Sunday, LCFC looks healthy squad with barely an injury plus they're rested - yuk
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

tolahs wrote:We'd a tougher run in than appreciated - how unlucky of us to play 4 fixtures one after the other against teams
competing for 7th place - a Europa spot(isn't it). Received wisdom totally downplayed that important fact.

EPL Table:

8. Watford - 50pts
9. Everton - 49pts

About Sunday, LCFC looks healthy squad with barely an injury plus they're rested - yuk
yall should be grateful, that yall had like back to back home games in that long running, iftosay the fixtures had been fair, assnal for they compete with Wolves, Everton, Watford and Leicester for 7th place..now that yall had away games,una dey mestafunk...that fluke away win vs Watford made yall think una count or matter...smh... I do not get the hype. Now you are bringing up excuses say fixtures no pay una..smh..what yall should be thankful of, is the incompetent Chelsea and united , time after time giving yall chances to compete for top 4 ..I blame Sarri for this trash
SuperEagles

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:https://www.spotrac.com/epl/payroll/

By the info on the above link we're 3rd on the payroll list above Chelsea & Liverpool while ManU are 1st above ManC yet we're busting our guts for 5th/6th - Oh damn

Manchester United F.C --------. - £148,980,000
Manchester City F.C.------------- - £144,456,000
Arsenal F.C. - ------------------ £127,871,273
Chelsea F.C. - ------------------ £125,392,000
Liverpool F.C. –-------------------- £122,200,000
Tottenham Hotspur F.C ------------- £86,346,000

Y’all gotta admit Liverpool & Spurs stand a far better chance to make Bank if clubs come in aggressive for some of their stars this Summer – we’re stuck!!!!
Yes, if you add in transfer fees, we ain't really in the dance but why're we paying Swegbe players bigstyle wages tho!!?
A point of correction. What exactly is that figure because it makes no sense. Top clubs in the EPL pay in excess of £200 million annually in wages. Where does that Arsenal figure come from?

When you want to get this type of information a Google search and going into the first website in your search does not cut it.

You need to be sure of your information. You need information that is timely and if you want to make comparisons you ensure the figures cover the same financial year. Arsenal's latest accounts are to the 2017/18 financial year. It ends, 31/05/2018. Has every club declared their accounts for the same period?

All companies are required to declare their accounts by law in England. You first place of call in their websites. Arsenal's accounts is in the website here:

https://www.arsenal.com/the-club/corpor ... al-results

When you get into the results, you then study the accounts. If you are not a qualified accountant, you will not understand the accounts. If you have studied accounts, you will have an idea but you will not understand it in its entirety.

But I will help you a bit.

When you download the pdf document. Note the accounts are consolidated of the Football club and Property company. To find out which is which, you do a segmental analysis from the Notes to the accounts. Go to pages 21 and 22. You will see the staff figure. But the key in the report is the 'Exceptional' item under wages. Exceptional means one off transaction. In page 22 it says, the club paid £16.8 million in the year to 31/5/18. That was the settlement figure for Wenger and all the staff the club kept go. That figure is included in the wages figure for websites who do not understand accounts. In accounting, figures should always be subject to Exceptional items. Thus information must be included to give a proper reflection and context to reported figure.

So as not to give my take, here is the man respected for football club's financial analysis. Read this link.

The analysis above is excellent because it not only breaks Arsenal results down, itvalso gives comparison to other clubs.

For wages comparison have a look at this link.

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Here is the problem with waffiman, he is so concerned about finance..focus on the green grass
SuperEagles

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Robbynice wrote:The better team won today. It is funny the game didn't even feel like an upset. That in itself is a shame, a damn shame if you ask me...smdh
As disappointing as it is, you have to give credit where it is due. They gave done three business this season, especially against the teams in the top positions.

Wolves against the top 6 this season:

3-1 vs Arsenal
3-1 vs Tottenham
2-1 vs MUFC
2-1 vs Chelsea
2-1 vs Liverpool

1-1 vs ManCity
1-1 vs MUFC
1-1 vs Chelsea
1-1 vs Arsenal
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
So, Bigpokey will write something. Waffiman will read it, but inorder to show that he is ignoring Bigpokey, Waffiman will take time out of his precious day just to write something else after Bigpokey! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Chaii! these are men in their late 50s! una get time on una hand! :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

danfo driver wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
So, Bigpokey will write something. Waffiman will read it, but inorder to show that he is ignoring Bigpokey, Waffiman will take time out of his precious day just to write something else after Bigpokey! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Chaii! these are men in their late 50s! una get time on una hand! :lol:
This Danfo na real GOADER !! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Waffiman wrote:
Robbynice wrote:The better team won today. It is funny the game didn't even feel like an upset. That in itself is a shame, a damn shame if you ask me...smdh
As disappointing as it is, you have to give credit where it is due. They gave done three business this season, especially against the teams in the top positions.

Wolves against the top 6 this season:

3-1 vs Arsenal
3-1 vs Tottenham
2-1 vs MUFC
2-1 vs Chelsea
2-1 vs Liverpool

1-1 vs ManCity
1-1 vs MUFC
1-1 vs Chelsea
1-1 vs Arsenal
so deflecting is the norm for you eh? Now before the Wolves game, you were all over this thread beating your chest, now a team with the 3rd highest wage bill is here getting beat by a newly promoted team..Your excuse is oh, they took points from the others... Wolves have lost to Southhampton and Watford, by 3 goals to 1 and 3 goals to 2. all within the last 2 weeks ..but no you ignored those results..keep being the information minister
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
is waffi really in his late 50s? :shock:
SuperEagles

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

My pupil, na head I just dey poke inside thread to see if it's safe to enta o. How market and how body? I no go call name but Igbe dey smell .... :taunt: :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Bottom line is this: the time for all the talk about tactics, formations and all the other nonsense is long past.

Unai has the Europa and the remaining games in the league to win In this bid to get into the champions league .

This is the time for his warriors to step up. You’re not gonna win with Sissy’s and show pony’s that some perverse and willing blind bats will walk on coals for just to prove some crazy and stupid point here.

Unai needs to trust his warriors and hope they can see him over the line. It’s gonna be tough and we probably might need to rely on a large measure of luck and the ineptitude of others, but I’m hoping we can still see this through .
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
tolahs wrote:We'd a tougher run in than appreciated - how unlucky of us to play 4 fixtures one after the other against teams

EPL Table:

8. Watford - 50pts
9. Everton - 49pts

yall should be grateful, that yall had like back to back home games in that long running, iftosay the fixtures had been fair, assnal for they compete with Wolves, Everton, Watford and Leicester for 7th place..now that yall had away games,una dey mestafunk...that fluke away win vs Watford made yall think una count or matter...smh... I do not get the hype. Now you are bringing up excuses say fixtures no pay una..smh..what yall should be thankful of, is the incompetent Chelsea and united , time after time giving yall chances to compete for top 4 ..I blame Sarri for this trash

Nothing to be grateful for - they all play against each other sometime - the best team wins the league. Hiccups aplenty - 'nuff to go around - the real warriors win the league.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The moment he faced RACIST ARSENAL FANS and refused to back down! :clap: :clap: :clap:
‘If a sniper shot me, he would not have struck me down,’ Adebayor insists. ‘I was in my spiritual zone. Kolo Toure said to me: “I was looking at the pictures and you did not flinch once.” I did not feel human anymore. The abuse was too much. I was ready to die. I just looked at them and thought “There are things you do not do.”'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... senal.html
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

If you are Cesc, going to Barcelona, he will make more money, more sponsorship, and he is going home. What did Arsenal do to keep him at the club? Absolutely nothing. Now the fans say he is not loyal. When you leave Arsenal, you become a traitor, regardless of what you have done. Van Persie was the same

Players are beginning to take notice of the rabid Arsenal behavior.
Last edited by danfo driver on Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:The moment he faced RACIST ARSENAL FANS and refused to back down! :clap: :clap: :clap:
‘If a sniper shot me, he would not have struck me down,’ Adebayor insists. ‘I was in my spiritual zone. Kolo Toure said to me: “I was looking at the pictures and you did not flinch once.” I did not feel human anymore. The abuse was too much. I was ready to die. I just looked at them and thought “There are things you do not do.”'

that is why i will never allow my Africans to be ridiculed or abused by these racist assnal fans, it pains me seeing some CE UK assnal spammers supporting this evil act..even ohene supported the bananas
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I did not just wake up one morning at Manchester City. I had signed a five-year contract at Arsenal. I came back for pre-season and Wenger said “You have to leave”. I said “Why should I leave?” I asked for one more year and if it does not work, I will walk off. He’s like “No.” He said if I stayed he would not put me in the squad. When you hear that, you have to go.’
And yet, they said he was disloyal
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:https://www.spotrac.com/epl/payroll/

By the info on the above link we're 3rd on the payroll list above Chelsea & Liverpool while ManU are 1st above ManC yet we're busting our guts for 5th/6th - Oh damn

Manchester United F.C --------. - £148,980,000
Manchester City F.C.------------- - £144,456,000
Arsenal F.C. - ------------------ £127,871,273
Chelsea F.C. - ------------------ £125,392,000
Liverpool F.C. –-------------------- £122,200,000
Tottenham Hotspur F.C ------------- £86,346,000

Y’all gotta admit Liverpool & Spurs stand a far better chance to make Bank if clubs come in aggressive for some of their stars this Summer – we’re stuck!!!!
Yes, if you add in transfer fees, we ain't really in the dance but why're we paying Swegbe players bigstyle wages tho!!?
A point of correction. What exactly is that figure because it makes no sense. Top clubs in the EPL pay in excess of £200 million annually in wages. Where does that Arsenal figure come from?

When you want to get this type of information a Google search and going into the first website in your search does not cut it.

You need to be sure of your information. You need information that is timely and if you want to make comparisons you ensure the figures cover the same financial year. Arsenal's latest accounts are to the 2017/18 financial year. It ends, 31/05/2018. Has every club declared their accounts for the same period?

All companies are required to declare their accounts by law in England. You first place of call in their websites. Arsenal's accounts is in the website here:

https://www.arsenal.com/the-club/corpor ... al-results

When you get into the results, you then study the accounts. If you are not a qualified accountant, you will not understand the accounts. If you have studied accounts, you will have an idea but you will not understand it in its entirety.

But I will help you a bit.

When you download the pdf document. Note the accounts are consolidated of the Football club and Property company. To find out which is which, you do a segmental analysis from the Notes to the accounts. Go to pages 21 and 22. You will see the staff figure. But the key in the report is the 'Exceptional' item under wages. Exceptional means one off transaction. In page 22 it says, the club paid £16.8 million in the year to 31/5/18. That was the settlement figure for Wenger and all the staff the club kept go. That figure is included in the wages figure for websites who do not understand accounts. In accounting, figures should always be subject to Exceptional items. Thus information must be included to give a proper reflection and context to reported figure.

So as not to give my take, here is the man respected for football club's financial analysis. Read this link.

The analysis above is excellent because it not only breaks Arsenal results down, itvalso gives comparison to other clubs.

For wages comparison have a look at this link.

Those figures as explained on the website "Estimated Total Salary "
EPL Team Payroll Tracker - https://www.spotrac.com/epl/payroll/

"When you want to get this type of information a Google search and going into the first website in your search does not cut it." -

I use them a lot for my L.A. Lakers & Dodgers - sweet as pie on their info - i suggest you tell them what you're telling me - But you also appreciate most fans & consumers wouldn't spend a lot of time trying to understand details - this site bails out with "estimate" - good enough for the internet. This ain't Inland Revenue business.
In the last 72hrs - i've seen 3 different figures quoted about Alexis wages - wasn't searching for it - but they were in other articles close to what i was reading. Whilst you "believe" (companies are required to declare their accounts by law in England.) - it's also one of the Meccas of Money Launderers hence many fans(if not most) find declared figures untrustworthy!!!! We already know in Italy & Spain - they dance different.
My bottom line stands - we've been had as far as payroll goes.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
I did not just wake up one morning at Manchester City. I had signed a five-year contract at Arsenal. I came back for pre-season and Wenger said “You have to leave”. I said “Why should I leave?” I asked for one more year and if it does not work, I will walk off. He’s like “No.” He said if I stayed he would not put me in the squad. When you hear that, you have to go.’
And yet, they said he was disloyal
everything about assanal is so pathetic
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Did Arsenal hurt from defeats like United did? ‘We swallowed defeats. Games where I scored and we lost 2-1, I thought my job was done. Rio would have come to me “if you want to be happy, score three.” I saw him argue with Rooney and Giggs.

'These are the things we didn’t have. We were nice. We had a gentlemen team. We play, we pass around but when it comes to being dirty, we couldn’t.’
O pari o

One is calm and the other is not. I remember we were losing 2-1 and we were playing badly. Thierry Henry was going mental. Wenger came in and said “Calm down, we are perfect, 65 per cent of the ball, we have crossed 25 times”. Thierry is telling me “Who cares? We are losing”.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: