The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by theYemster »

Skylolo wrote:It is easy to criticise AW now that we have a different sort of manager. Time showed the strength of Wengers approach, I can’t think of any similar funded team or team operating under the constraints Arsenal were that performed as consistently as Wengers Arsenal. And the football was sweet on top, and we won 16 trophies too....

Some of us (I know Waffiman for one) always felt Emery should be the man after Wenger and we are happy the early signs are good. However let us not get too ahead of ourselves, for 22 years Pa Wenger held us down. I love Emery and want him to succeed but everybody needs to calm down and just support the team.

There is still only 1 AW, the greatest manager in our history.
Huh? Guy stop it abeg.

We've been criticizing him since before. Appreciating what he did in the past is no reason not to rightly criticize him for his repeated failings in recent years.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Skylolo wrote:It is easy to criticise AW now that we have a different sort of manager. Time showed the strength of Wengers approach, I can’t think of any similar funded team or team operating under the constraints Arsenal were that performed as consistently as Wengers Arsenal. And the football was sweet on top, and we won 16 trophies too....

Some of us (I know Waffiman for one) always felt Emery should be the man after Wenger and we are happy the early signs are good. However let us not get too ahead of ourselves, for 22 years Pa Wenger held us down. I love Emery and want him to succeed but everybody needs to calm down and just support the team.

Wenger criticism was there before Emery became manager,so I don't know why you feel its because of Emery.Only Waffiman wanted Emery to replaced Wenger when he is gone,i don't remember you or anyone that wanted him as most fans still believing Wenger still has like 5 years at Arsenal.Can you show us where you wanted Emery to replaced him as I cant remember you even support the idea but I remember Plat support the idea.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Skylolo, nice to have you talk some sense and sensibility. God bless.

The funny thing is, I predicted all this Emery improving this player as if Wenger never did a thing and other circumstances have not aided player development. Player development is an incremental thing with other factors coming into play at any one time. I have talked about how well these players are playing because the toxic and negative atmosphere, especially away from home is no longer there. The players are not under the type of pressure they were in Wenger's last two seasons. This is one factor, there are other factors as well as the input of a top coach like Emery. But all I hear is attempts to denigrate Wenger at any opportunity. You see claims that players said what they have not said, when it is merely down to those with anti Wenger agenda putting their toxic and negative spin on anything at any opportunity.

How different is Emery to Wenger? The difference is not a lot. At Arsenal we have a process of Wenger to Emery evolving. We do not have a revolution. This is one reason why he was my choice to replace Wenger.

You know what is funny is how these Wenger talk still persist amongst those who wanted him out. The man is gone but they can't stop. Now, they not only want to try and revise history, they look to thrash him and his achievements at any given opportunity. Why? There simply is no need for that.

Like you, I am Arsenal first, like you also, we stand and defend our legends like Wenger.

Here is what I wrote on June 12th 2018.

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Aniks, he is a bloody good player, exactly what we need after missing out on Kante. Getting him for less than £35m is a steal in today's market. This is one rumour I am desperate to be true.

For me, if this deal is not done before the WC starts, we will miss out cos others with more money will step in. Last night on Italian TV and local Genoa media, it is claimed that Arsenal have offered more than the release clause value. Also, they claimed the player rejected Napoli, who want to pay the release clause in 5 instalments which Sampdoria rejected. They claim Arsenal are offering the majority of the release clause in cash and pay of the rest in 4 instalments.

I have looked at all of this and must say, I also harbour some scepticism, could it be they are saying all these things to get Napoli to part with more cash for the player? Are Arsenal really interested? Only time will tell.

Here we go again. Your problem na say you be proper slow learner :taunt:

Remember ya yeye yarns about LeCoq when i said we need a bigger more atheltic version of him? Nothing against little terriers but when they face bigger stronger versions of themselves in the EPL, well Waffis fake stats no go bail them out.

Anwyay ive only watched minutes of videos on the guy but im concerned about his stature in a position wherer size and athleticism matters :idea:

What Arsenal could have been three years ago with the combo of GK and Nzonzi for a price that was almost equal to the fee for Xhacrap :curse: :curse:

IDIOTAS :curse:
Are you saying he is not athletic? Or is your fixation with size blinding your eyes to the fact that size is not the be all and end all. No good having size, without heart, attitude and if you cannot play, for example? How tall was Roy Keane?

Forget your crappy videos, watch full games. Don't worry, you will see him play for Uruguay in coming days.

Waffi you dis useless slow learner .... when will you learn smh :taunt:
abeg he can be short if he's anything like Saaaanti Caaaaaarzola!
Nor mind am. Looks like this is happening.
Arsenal agree £26.4m deal to sign Sampdoria’s Lucas Torreira.
https://amp.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ssion=true

For me, this deal must be done before the WC or else the club's with more money will take the player off us.

While he is looking for big players, he forgets about what is really needed given the philosophy of the Coach and how he wants to play it. Emery's teams does like the physical, athletic type that can play, but we have Niles, Sheaf and Da Silva. I don't think Emery is the type to ignore such talent and go into the market. What we are looking for is a Torreira type. A ball winner who can play and he has a helluva shot on him too when he ventures forward.

BTW! Torreira can also replace Xhaka cos his ability offers flexibility.

In a 4-3-3 formation. The base 3 can be Niles-Xhaka-Torreira. This base along with the back 4, offers everything in defence and attacking from deep. Niles and Torreira have the pace and ability to run with the ball at pace from deep when they win it. Torreira has a good bit of Santi's passing range.

The problem here will be who misses out of Ozil, Laca, Auba and Ramsey for remaining attacking 4 places.

There is no way Emery will play Ramsey as one of the 2 or or 3 in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation. He is far more pragmatic and defensive. Besides, he will not need to because it is becoming obvious there will be changes.

We all talk if those coming in. It will be interesting to see those going out.

Waffi again sometimes I wonder if dem drop you down tree head first for Sapele :taunt:

Again raising a concern about a diminutive foreign player coming to play in a rugged EPL at a physically demanding position na em dey cause you all these comprehension issues?

Like I said I haven’t really watched him play live but I’m really concerned about his size just like I said about Le Coq, and was proven right, despite your usual “always wrong “ drivel :taunt:
Are you serious? Le Coq lost his place when the one player who complimented him got injured. Notice how effective he became at Valencia playing with a players similar to Santi.

BTW! Coq is physical and very athletic. Him losing out was cos he lost his form, when he lost the one player he complimented.

I have been banging on here since we got Xhaka that he needs a 'Kante' like player next to him. We saw how well Xhaka played in Germany with that player that complimented him. Xhaka has improved his mobility and overall game since he joined Arsenal. He has said playing box to box has improved him, that is not in doubt. The numbers don't lie.

For me, if we get Torreira, we have addressed a huge hole in our system. His signing, if it happens, will be one of the buys of the summer. Why? Xhaka and Torreira have attributes that will compliment each other extremely well. We need partnerships in CM, we just could not get the blend right since Santi's injury. With Santi gone, it is clear the club had to do something.

Come next season, I know you will be reading people claim Emery has improved Xhaka, that will be because, Wenger has done all the hard work in the last two seasons, now he needs the right player next to him and in Torreira together with Niles, I am confident we will be a match for any midfield in the league.

But Arsenal must get Xhaka to sign a new deal first before the season starts.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -Alli.html

Why dem dey use the Conqueror of the Mighty Leicester as excuse to play Eriksen :laugh:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Reading this forum last year, I thought Ozil was leading the world in all those weird categories.
Good luck to Erickson getting close to Ozil money. I doubt he even gets 1/2 of that.
anikulapo wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -Alli.html

Why dem dey use the Conqueror of the Mighty Leicester as excuse to play Eriksen :laugh:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Reading this forum last year, I thought Ozil was leading the world in all those weird categories.
Good luck to Erickson getting close to Ozil money. I doubt he even gets 1/2 of that.

:rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I no blame them,i hope they will not fall,mumu like us. Spurs have done a wonderful job paying this guy peanuts.Erikson at 70k and we have big head guys like Ramsey demanding mad money.
Spurs are in trouble with new stadium, i dont think they can pay the kind of salary this guys will demand or worth when others dtart offering more money.
So Eriksson stats since 2017 is better than Ozil stats?
No surprise there as spurs has been finishing above us last 2 season.
Ozil respect to you ,how you fool the entire beloved to pay you such money is nothing short of magic.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Looking at the results today ,i think chelsea vs spurs a draw will be a good result for us beloved if we can get back to wining ways tomorrow.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Hmmm spurs dey beat chelsea like they commit crime.we have to win tomorrow as a must ooh.A win take us one point behind chelsea
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

We cannot afford to drop points tomorrow.
The Man City machine is just picking up points every week. Liverpool are keeping up.
Mourinho is already 14 points behind, not even December yet !!!
kajifu wrote:Hmmm spurs dey beat chelsea like they commit crime.we have to win tomorrow as a must ooh.A win take us one point behind chelsea
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

3 points in the bag,if we win next week derby we might move third of chelsea dont win.A win we guarantee too 4 by end of the week.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Henrik Mikhitareyan:

It wasn’t too many moons ago when a certain lost dog used to fit like he had rabies over the so called Armenian Pele ..: Well :laugh:

I talk say I go give the lad a clean slate at arsenal but my patience is running painfully thin ... oh well ....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ts-6426873

MLK.
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

kajifu wrote:3 points in the bag,if we win next week derby we might move third of chelsea dont win.A win we guarantee too 4 by end of the week.
Your luck has been coming in bunches; every team needs it. When the luck stops, things MAY get rough. A quick sample of luck; your joint league top scorer - Auba - has two CLEAR offside goals this season.

1. Bournemouth scored a clear goal today that was called off.

2. Liverpool scored one two weeks ago that was called off (the referee oversight body even came out to publicly say the decision was wrong)

Good luck while acknowledging that wrong calls above gave you 3 points!

I do not include penalties in my discussion of luck; it is neither here nor there. Penalties are not a guarantee to be scored.
Last edited by MYMIND on Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

I liked the formation - playing with wingbacks & moving Auba in but like Niks - i am close to being done with Mkhitaryan. I had hoped playing him narrow willl help his confidence but he brings nothing to the party at this point - i am hoping Laca is healthy for Spuds & the gaffer must persist with playing them as 2 upfront with Iwobi as the guy linking strikers to MF - he though must learn how to aerially challenge for high balls - commits fouls or loses too many balls in those situations.
Good result but you look at the EPL table - the goals scored & goals conceded column - we're way off at this point in the league - still think we don't close down enough from 30metres to our goal. Poor foul by Mustafi towards the end of the match
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.expres ... action/amp

Unai explains why he dropped Okpolo eyes

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Great coach. He doesn't care how much people make.
If I were Ozil, I would ask to leave in January. There are plenty of teams in Turkey who would be willing to pay his wages. Just a thought !!!
anikulapo wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.expres ... action/amp
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Great coach. He doesn't care how much people make.
If I were Ozil, I would ask to leave in January. There are plenty of teams in Turkey who would be willing to pay his wages. Just a thought !!!

I second your thoughts including the sarcasm of Turks with that kinda dough to waste :taunt:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I know Arsenal played a hybrid of a 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1 but when Laca and everyone else healthy I hope they go to a 3-5-2

Leno

KOS SOKRATIS NACHO

HB GUENDO LT AMN
IWOBI

LACA. ABOU

That’s a scary good lineup all day

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Full Credit Emery.

Putting together a 17 game unbeaten run with highly flawed squad is a real achievement. Save Torriera & Leno have no idea what you're going to get from this squad. Likes of Iwobi inconsistent, likes of Mkhi struggling immensely, stroke inducing Mustafi, Xhaka.

Again well done Unai.

That said spending in Jan is a must, Hopefully Arsenal can get to jan with legit shot at top 4, must pray greedy stan opens up the cheque book. As is Arsenal not a top 4 side. Winger, CB and legit CM partner for Torriea simply vital.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Full Credit Emery.

Putting together a 17 game unbeaten run with highly flawed squad is a real achievement. Save Torriera & Leno have no idea what you're going to get from this squad. Likes of Iwobi inconsistent, likes of Mkhi struggling immensely, stroke inducing Mustafi, Xhaka.

Again well done Unai.

That said spending in Jan is a must, Hopefully Arsenal can get to jan with legit shot at top 4, must pray greedy stan opens up the cheque book. As is Arsenal not a top 4 side. Winger, CB and legit CM partner for Torriea simply vital.
How far do you think they should go in January and what is available ?

Hopefully KOS AND MONREAL will be back to give us some defensive solidity but something needs to be done about

Mikhi
Xhacrap
Ozil
Ramshyt

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

anikulapo wrote:

Again well done Unai.

Hopefully KOS AND MONREAL will be back to give us some defensive solidity but something needs to be done about

Mikhi
Xhacrap
Ozil
Ramshyt
Winger is a must, it's too easy to nullify Arsenal for large segments of a match when they have virtually 0 threats from either wing. Square pegs will only get Arsenal so far, no team excels in modern game has lack of pace, skill and width. Enough with part timers like Mkhitaryan and Ramsey, need real quality ASAP.

CM wise depends on Unai faith in Guendouzi and AMN. End of the Xhaka era can't come soon enough, again today absurd give away in 1st half almost gifted Bournemouth opening goal. If neither Guendouzi or AMN ready to step up from Jan to May a legit CM partner for Torriera must be added.

Looking like end of Kos and Monreal, both warriors who are now sadly casualties of bygone battles. My hope is both have one more run left in them, help Arsenal nick spot in top 4 and exit club with complete gratitude. If both MIA due to injuries CB and LB additions crucial. Simply can't place hopes on top 4 on backs of suicide crew i.e Mustafi and Kolasinac.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Again well done Unai.

Mikhi
Xhacrap
Ozil
Ramshyt
Winger is a must, it's too easy to nullify Arsenal for large segments of a match when they have virtually 0 threats from either wing. Square pegs will only get Arsenal so far, no team excels in modern game has lack of pace, skill and width. Enough with part timers like Mkhitaryan and Ramsey, need real quality ASAP.

CM wise depends on Unai faith in Guendouzi and AMN. End of the Xhaka era can't come soon enough, again today absurd give away in 1st half almost gifted Bournemouth opening goal. If neither Guendouzi or AMN ready to step up from Jan to May a legit CM partner for Torriera must be added.

Looking like end of Kos and Monreal, both warriors who are now sadly casualties of bygone battles. My hope is both have one more run left in them, help Arsenal nick spot in top 4 and exit club with complete gratitude. If both MIA due to injuries CB and LB additions crucial. Simply can't place hopes on top 4 on backs of suicide crew i.e Mustafi and Kolasinac.

I can’t really argue but it’s really hard to find quality width without paying a Kings random but we have “diamond eye” allegedly so I guess he will have to earn his money .

On Ozil however it will be interesting to how he comes back from a DNP. Others might buckle up and fight for their spot but will anyone be surprised if he becomes a bottler and start sulking and moping?

Anyway I doubt he has much support in the locker room, ditto for Ramshyt, so it’s his loss :taunt: :lol: :lol:

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

It is not sarcasms. The Turkish president and the people of Turkey love him dearly. His poster was all over the country recently. He had a street named after him. He has lots of business connections with Turkey and given his popularity there, he would be welcome like the prodigal child. Teams gaining his services could make a fortune via merchandise sales.
If Team Captain Ozil had any intelligence, he would submit a transfer request after being humiliated today. Unai Emery is not allowing him to "express himself" like Wenger did. He can't take days off at will anymore. He is being asked to defend more, which is embarrassing. He has definitely lost his reputation in the locker room. He is no longer guaranteed a starting spot. Even players like Iwobi have moved ahead of him. This can't be acceptable.
The writing is on the wall. AC Milan could also be an option. Or maybe, he should come out and make peace with his adopted country (Germany), so that he can join another team in the Bundesliga?
Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:
bepanda wrote:Great coach. He doesn't care how much people make.
I second your thoughts including the sarcasm of Turks with that kinda dough to waste :taunt: