The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by ohenhen1 »

Anderson looks slow to me. Would prefer a more athletic center back.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:Anderson looks slow to me. Would prefer a more athletic center back.
Have you watched full games or you are referring to youtube clips?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Yeah I have watched him. He is a big defender that might be suited for a slow league like Seria A.

It is like buying a bigger version of Mustaffi. Arsenal should go for Saliba.

Saliba, Kos, Sokratis, Holden is a good group for next season. Then replace Kos in 2020.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
cchinukw wrote: :laugh:

Danfo, nice list but we are only able to afford the bottom of the barrel with only £40m in the kitty.

Heck even Everton and West Ham will label that chicken change. :curse: :curse:

I would seriously prioritise a defender or two over everyone else and hope to make something through selling off at least 2 players.
I wouldnt presume you were puchasing every player on that list. :rotf: :rotf: I just provided a buffet list, from which to choose.

Kajifu seemed to suggest 1 CD, 2 CM and 1 Winger.

Were I deciding from that list, with 40 million and the ability to sell:

1. Ozil for a loss
2. Mustafi
3. Nacho Monreal
4. El Neny (Chambers will replace him as a CDM in the squad)
5. Asano
6. Jenkinson --- this is tough because of your home grown quota.

I will bring in the following from the list above, and one outside the list

1. Tagliafico (You guys actually need a left back)
2. Andersen
3. Ndidi or Partey
4. Rabiot (he is on a free)
5. Ziyech
6, Sessegnon

The most expensive player out of the aforementioned 6 will be Ndidi.
Oga Danfo Ndidi is above our budget even Partey,Manu and City looking at Ndidi.
I watch both games in CL City vs Lyon,Lyon have some exciting players that give City a tougher time than any other team.
Our problem will be if those players want to go to Cl team.Also we need to sell.Danfo we need 2 CD that can even play left back and right back,2MF and 2 winger.
If we can get Ndidi or Partey and Rabiots in MF it will be great.
I think we need to ship guys like
Ozil
Xhaka
Elneny
Mustafi
Oga Danfo will you support we sell Ospina or keep him as a back up keeper than looking for a new keeper?He is doing a good job in this copa.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote:Yeah I have watched him. He is a big defender that might be suited for a slow league like Seria A.

Saliba, Kos, Sokratis, Holden is a good group for next season. Then replace Kos in 2020.
Saliba is better than Anderson?Will he be cheap?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:Yeah I have watched him. He is a big defender that might be suited for a slow league like Seria A.

It is like buying a bigger version of Mustaffi.
Interesting. Well, he will most likely leave Italy this summer. So, we will find out.

By the way, since you watch a lot of Serie A, how come you dont post more about that on CE? Please, join us in the Sarri's Juve thread next season. Your Serie A expertise will be appreciated.

Arsenal should go for Saliba.

You want to make a significant change in your defensive problems by purchasing an 18 year old who has played less than half a seaon of senior football?

And you are confident that in your experience of watching a lot of Serie A games and the 16 league games Saliba has played, Saliba is faster and more mobile than Andersen?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

kajifu wrote:

Come on Kaj-Shakes

Do you really believe Ohen-tubes?
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I repeat NO ONE linked to Arsenal this summer, is up to the standard!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bk-one wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Come on Kaj-Shakes

But Ohenhen watches Serie A and Ligue 1 :D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Nkume wrote:I repeat NO ONE linked to Arsenal this summer, is up to the standard!
My rule is same as Mercedes Benz -- the best or nothing. If you can't afford the players that will improve you, then just do what Tottenham did last year and stay without. No point going to buy players who are not up to your standards just because of buying.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Hector Bellerin struts his stuff for LouisVuitton at Paris Fashion Week

Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Stan could give a damn how we roll -
For people who aren't ready to accept Kroenke is the problem!!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Isco is another player that will go at a reduced price. Have no clue if the reduced price is within Arsenal's budget, though. But whatever it is, he is someone I will add to the list.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

danfo driver wrote:
bk-one wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Come on Kaj-Shakes

when did youtube start live streaming serie A and ligue 1? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:Isco is another player that will go at a reduced price. Have no clue if the reduced price is within Arsenal's budget, though. But whatever it is, he is someone I will add to the list.

Now that is one SOLID player. Didnt watch a lot of RM, but the few times I saw him, he wasn't hiding.

But this one wey Danfo dey suggest good players to Arsenal....I am highly suspicious o
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Na wa ... the Ozil haters will not see this o.. this was the same Isco who "chased Ozil from RM " now being chased out of RM and people expect Ozil to be at the same level or better than when we got him many moons ago ?

Hmmm abeg Danfo no let Arsenal buy Isco o..in 3 years when he drops eggs Arsenal fans will be cursing out the boy. !!
danfo driver wrote:Isco is another player that will go at a reduced price. Have no clue if the reduced price is within Arsenal's budget, though. But whatever it is, he is someone I will add to the list.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Now that is one SOLID player. Didnt watch a lot of RM, but the few times I saw him, he wasn't hiding.

But this one wey Danfo dey suggest good players to Arsenal....I am highly suspicious o
Nooooooo I love this boy too much to wish him the vile of Arsenal fans abeg... We Arsenal fans are the # 1 issue with that club, followed by management, Owners and players in that order.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Nooooooo I love this boy too much to wish him the vile of Arsenal fans abeg... We Arsenal fans are the # 1 issue with that club, followed by management, Owners and players in that order.
owners and management, then fans....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bk-one wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
bk-one wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Come on Kaj-Shakes

when did youtube start live streaming serie A and ligue 1? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
But but but ... I specifically asked him and he said it was full games -- 38 games, each league! :? :( :D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Yup! Fantastic player. Barca is also looking to offload Coutinho and Dembele. Even if you don't have money, no harm in trying to get them on loan and convincing RM and Barca to pay a portion of wages. You help them offload a player out of their books (create space in their squad, as teams an only have 25 players), and in turn, you get a fantastic player or 2 to get you back in CL. Chelsea did it with Kovacic last year.

Again, this is something a serious director of football can do, easily!
I no advise una make una go for Sarri last season? See now ---

1. He got Chelsea into CL
2. Won a European trophy beaten Arsenal like a quarrelsome ashawo; and
3. Got to a domestic cup final

Compare that to Nnai Emeribe! Shey when I advise you that time, you dey laugh me! Watch what he will do at Juventus!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

You should see the vile against Iwobi on twitter from Arsenal fans.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

danfo driver wrote:
bk-one wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
bk-one wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Come on Kaj-Shakes

But but but ... I specifically asked him and he said it was full games -- 38 games, each league! :? :( :D
Five minutes youtube clips and filling the next 85 minutes with fantasies is not streaming
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Arsenal now linked to a Hungarian midfielder and a Scottish left back.