The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ebyboy wrote:
Thunder wrote:Moment of the game; Laca asking Auba to take the PK. CLASS!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Incredible that those two are such great friends.
Why wouldn't they be great friends?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Thoroughly enjoyable weekend, dampened slightly by the Banquoesque betrayal of Darren Moorkbeth. Twas not a dagger he saw before he rather an axe with all intent of the nihilistic Norseman. The second coming shall exceed the first. What better appeasement for such injustice than the luckiest Luciano of them all, Ole Gunnar to find Ashhurton offering three the hard-way.

Hats off to Emeribe, no doubt his approach was in anticipation of United rolling out their Diamond with split forwards and a runner from deep. The working of the front three was stellar, perhaps the most stunning of all was the use of Ramsey. Renowned for his recklessness and tendency to wander when played centre mid, this energy was harnessed to great effect. Welldone.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Great win today by the boys ... they have truly made the Emirates a fortress but our fate will be dictated when we face ..

Watford
Everton
Burnley
Wolves

On the road. Need to show some steel and nerve to win all those games
True. This is the first season we have made Emirates a fortress. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Better record this season than last year and better record against the Top Six :taunt: WaYo Man and Flip flopping fence sitter :woot: one minute you’re in Camp Unai, next second you Sneak into the Opposing camp ... True Life Chameleon :laugh:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Coach wrote:Thoroughly enjoyable weekend, dampened slightly by the Banquoesque betrayal of Darren Moorkbeth. Twas not a dagger he saw before he rather an axe with all intent of the nihilistic Norseman. The second coming shall exceed the first. What better appeasement for such injustice than the luckiest Luciano of them all, Ole Gunnar to find Ashhurton offering three the hard-way.

Hats off to Emeribe, no doubt his approach was in anticipation of United rolling out their Diamond with split forwards and a runner from deep. The working of the front three was stellar, perhaps the most stunning of all was the use of Ramsey. Renowned for his recklessness and tendency to wander when played centre mid, this energy was harnessed to great effect. Welldone.
I dont like you keep calling him Emeribe,is this a guy name or a laughing name for a waste pipe.I mean why did you guys calling him Emeribe?
Hats off to Emery and he was my MOTM
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My fellow brothers of beloved,abeg can some one explain who is our first choice PK?Laca gave Auba the ball and i dont know if Auba was shaking to take it trying to hide from it or Laca is the first choice.Please i need answer because from what i know Auba is the first choice PK taker.Did mr Emery change it.

Also big thanks to Mr Emery,i have to say i did not like when he bench Iwobi who was our best player on thursday.I have to give it to the tactics and how he used Ramsey.Guys Ramsey play very well,was worried having Ramsey,Ozil,Xhaka all starting.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [EPL] Arsenal vs Manchester united(2-0)

Post by kajifu »

YemiBrazil wrote:
kajifu wrote:Manu #$%$ off we beat you guys ,
We are Arsenal no one dare it at emirate
:lol: :lol: :lol: Congrats Kaji baba
Thank you boss,truth be told i was shaking and wait till after the game to show face.The fear in me after whta Manu did to PSG was killing me silent.I forget at home we are better than PSG sef.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

first win in ages, they have finally 'reclaimed' their stadium from Jesse Lingard

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Said it time and again but Emery is all the way legit.

Hallmark of top manager is winning games despite injuries and fatigue. No Holding, Bellerin, Welbeck, Torreira, fatigued Iwobi and Guendouzi..no matter Emery again schooled rival top 6 manager in a must win game.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Said it time and again but Emery is all the way legit.

Hallmark of top manager is winning games despite injuries and fatigue. No Holding, Bellerin, Welbeck, Torreira, fatigued Iwobi and Guendouzi..no matter Emery again schooled rival top 6 manager in a must win game.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Please don’t let Shady Waffi and that Daft Duckling Nkume see this :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:thumb: :thumb:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Great win today by the boys ... they have truly made the Emirates a fortress but our fate will be dictated when we face ..

Watford
Everton
Burnley
Wolves

True. This is the first season we have made Emirates a fortress. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
tbf the team only lost once there in their first two seasons.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

The problem with Ramsey has never been effort, but tactical discipline. I have never seen Ramsey been more disciplined than this season. I won't be surprised if Unai starts him for the remaining games of the season.
If you see, Emery went with Experience instead of youth. He wanted mature players. Players who had been in these types of games before. Mailand Niles was really the only "rookie" out there, but ... he is far better than Mustafi on that right side.I don't believe Unai would play Mustafi, if he had alternatives.
Just imagine Unai Emery had this defense available to him all season: Monreal, Koscielny, ... (instead of Mustafi, Lichsteiner and even Kola at left back). I'm sure Arsenal would be comfortable 3rd, if Unai had his defense healthy most of the season. Having to shuffle players in and out of the back line has created issues that the coach can't control.
The Wenger crew is yet to come out of the bushes today ... I'm sure they will be back here by the next game. Unai will shut them up again ...
Bepanda
kajifu wrote:My fellow brothers of beloved,abeg can some one explain who is our first choice PK?Laca gave Auba the ball and i dont know if Auba was shaking to take it trying to hide from it or Laca is the first choice.Please i need answer because from what i know Auba is the first choice PK taker.Did mr Emery change it.
Also big thanks to Mr Emery,i have to say i did not like when he bench Iwobi who was our best player on thursday.I have to give it to the tactics and how he used Ramsey.Guys Ramsey play very well,was worried having Ramsey,Ozil,Xhaka all starting.
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [EPL] Arsenal vs Manchester united

Post by Mister Dolly »

Good luck expecting a yeye spuds fan to know the difference... :taunt: :smile: :rotf:

I told IAG they are keeping the spot warm for us and he thought I was joking... :D I see Totonham finishing in 6th spot where they belong

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:See them. Aubu gets another dubious penalty call 2 weeks in a row. Why he wasn't punished for the last week's I don't know.
Spurs fan ..its Laca that got it not Auba
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

tfco wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

very funny....two kondo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

Coach? Keep it simple? Are you new on this board? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Better go take lessons in Coach's school of grammar :lol:
charlie wrote:
Coach wrote:
charlie wrote:MoM for me is Niles. He has been immense for Arsenal on that right back position.
Extra nodes as well to General Ozil, Xhaka, & Ramsey

Great all around performance.
Really? Sentiment aside, absolutely not. Made a few blocks, lost the ball a fair few times, questionable decision making on occasions. Certainly picked up from a shite start. Aubemayang dropping back to help out in the channels worked a treat. Ramsey put in a decent shift. Lacazette worked hard but as ever, now Wiltord than Henry. A few takers for MoM. In truth, the accolade is Emeribe’s.
Nna Coach when it comes to language, less is more.
Can you just keep it simple for chineke's sake?

Again, just voicing my opinion. I tend to favor defensive performances more that attacking plays in choosing my best performing players. Niles for me disrupted everything United tried to do on that right flank that is why he gets my MotM nod.
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

watching the highlights

that was NO penalty on Fred.

That Gabonese agbonlahor dived

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

The Wenger crew is yet to come out of the bushes today ... I'm sure they will be back here by the next game. Unai will shut them up again ...

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

tfco wrote:watching the highlights

Are you sure you watched the match, or have you become Oyibo that thinks all blacks look alike.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
tfco wrote:watching the highlights

Are you sure you watched the match, or have you become Oyibo that thinks all blacks look alike.
The man is in pain, and looking for anything to medicate the pain (including instagram posts). Abeg allow am :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Watford
Everton
Burnley
Wolves

Better record this season than last year and better record against the Top Six :taunt: WaYo Man and Flip flopping fence sitter :woot: one minute you’re in Camp Unai, next second you Sneak into the Opposing camp ... True Life Chameleon :laugh:
I refuse to rubbish an Arsenal legend to support Emery. I support both so long as they are Arsenal. The fact that I support one does not mean I should rubbish the other, that's bollocks. That is not support. I support the Arsenal

Arsenal had the second best home record last season we did not have Leno, Torreira, Sokratis, Auba and Guendouzi all season. Our problem was the away form last season. It is still a problem but there is improvement this season.

So stop talking like we are doing something new. We have done nothing yet, but if you want to use our worst season in 22 years as your benchmark, maybe we are doing something. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

There is nothing we are doing that has not been done before and with worse players. The problem with you guys is you ejaculate prematurely. Only a few weeks ago, you and some here claimed Emery had been left with rubbish players by Wenger and Gazidis as your reason to explain why we were losing and playing badly. Now we are winning, your story is different. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

BTW! 8 of the matchday 11 that started against ManU are Wenger signings and 1 from the youth team.

Hold your horses and calm down, we are in a good place right now. No need to start being wise after the event. Like I always say, we judge at the end of the season.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

yesterday game was like PSG, 2 mistakes from their keeper and a penalty from VAR, same, 1 mistake from Degea and a soft penalty, nothing much to take from that game, only saving grace is Spurs and Chelsea dropped points, so today there is only 1 point difference, may games to be played, united had an off day off, will happen, has happened, next game, they will improve
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Kaji, Emery is Spanish for Emeribe. If it’s not, the names are too similar on their opening syllables to do otherwise.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Watford
Everton
Burnley
Wolves

I refuse to rubbish an Arsenal legend to support Emery. I support both so long as they are Arsenal. The fact that I support one does not mean I should rubbish the other, that's bollocks. That is not support. I support the Arsenal

Arsenal had the second best home record last season we did not have Leno, Torreira, Sokratis, Auba and Guendouzi all season. Our problem was the away form last season. It is still a problem but there is improvement this season.

So stop talking like we are doing something new. We have done nothing yet, but if you want to use our worst season in 22 years as your benchmark, maybe we are doing something. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

There is nothing we are doing that has not been done before and with worse players. The problem with you guys is you ejaculate prematurely. Only a few weeks ago, you and some here claimed Emery had been left with rubbish players by Wenger and Gazidis as your reason to explain why we were losing and playing badly. Now we are winning, your story is different. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

BTW! 8 of the matchday 11 that started against ManU are Wenger signings and 1 from the youth team.

Hold your horses and calm down, we are in a good place right now. No need to start being wise after the event. Like I always say, we judge at the end of the season.
Er first of all I will never “rubbish” Arsene. He will always be my guy but he clearly lost the plot and didn’t know that he was past it and enabled horrible horrible behavior by the players. That said I can’t tell you how proud I am of this team and the fight they have shown.

Their record against the Top Six says it all :idea: Neville and his chump sidekick said it all as they said that Emery was doing the best with the worst squad of players amongst the Top Six. Oya go argue with them :taunt: :taunt:

And speaking of flip flopping, a few weeks ago you were saying that Unai was on the verge of being run out of the stadium by some phantoms in the stands .... how far nah :mrgreen:

MLK.