The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by anikulapo »

Mister Dolly wrote:The defence fell asleep on that set piece. That header was between two Arsenal players with neither attacking the ball.

We will still win this game though

We’ve been so much better defending set pieces this season. That was a horrible mistake
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Argh!! What a frustrating team to follow. *SMH*
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Mister Dolly wrote:The defence fell asleep on that set piece. That header was between two Arsenal players with neither attacking the ball.

We will still win this game though

We’ve been so much better defending set pieces this season. That was a horrible mistake
Better than last season or the season before?????
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Will be a miracle to reach europa final, talk less of winning.

We need so many chances to scores one goal.

And yet again we are a goal down.
One of my frustrations about last season. With a little luck (not facing Athleti in a 2 leg Semi, Kosielny NOT slipping) we would have made the final last year. Arsenal under Le Prof ALWAYS had a chance in a one off game against ANY team in football.

I think despite all the shenanigans, Emeribe can take us to the final and the title. COYGs!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Nkume wrote:Bate Borisov Score.

Emeribe na wa,

Na wa for you Na Unai say make Laca miss all three sitters he missed ?

Or na im teach monreal to foul or Kola to sleep on duty ?

Leave the man joo. These guys dey earn pay .
Oga Siddonlook, no be me wey coin Emeribe now. na coach oooh :taunt:

That said, I wish Emeribe all the luck. I just can't hide my frustrations with some of his decisions. Like I said, I expect him to win this competition.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Gotta take Iwobi and Kolasinac with there limitations. They have been the most profitable combo in this game, but Kolasinac did poorly on the goal conceded.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Laca goal, but will not count, offside.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

amafolas wrote:The people above at Arsenal want Ozil gone. They want the 350k pw off their wagebook. So they're using Unai to force Ozil out. His not playing has little to do with footballing reasons. They just want him gone and off the books. Ozil's choice are run down his contract, come to training everyday, but accept he won't play or he can accept a lower wage (because no club except China will pay him that much) to move to some other club where he gets to play or maybe he and Arsenal can negotiate a buy out. But it is clear, they want his wages gone.

Arsenal really messed this up. In retrospect, a better deal would have been to pay him a high upfront signing fee(25-30m), and lower weekly wages of around 200kpw, instead of giving him 350kpw. Would have been a win win, Ozil still gets a high wage (but most paid upfront), and Arsenal gets a players that still sellable (and recoup some of the signing fee) since his wages are lower. Instead, we are all locked in the battle with a club that doesn't wanna pay, and a player that doesn't want to move.
So it is Ozil fault, the senior players have spoken to the Coach questioning his tactics. I have spoken to one or two people via PMs about the chicanery going on in Arsenal's dressing room.

The players can see what is going on, they know it is despicable and they do not support it. They are trying to be professional but they are not enjoying what is going on.

With regards to Ozil's contract, it is funny how Wenger is being blamed for the decision. But I guess it is what ignorant people do. First of, Wenger did not negotiate the contract. More importantly, the decision to give Ozil that contract was agreed and signed off at a Board meeting after the pros and cons were discussed and weighed up. It is rumoured, Wenger wanted to keep Ozil, but even he made it clear he would not have done so at that cost. But in the final analysis it was a Board decision, not Wenger's not Gazidis.

The decision was partly justified with the new sponsorship deals, which was sound at the time, but the Owner has his own plans for the new sponsorship deals. In time, we will know.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Waffiman wrote:Since Kroenke got full control of Arsenal. The following have happened:

1) Gazidis departure was confirmed. He knew something and made his way out.

2) Withdrawal of Ramsey’s contract offer. Remember Raul and Gazidis negotiated and agreed a deal with Ramsey. Raul is still at the club. This is why I am of the strongest opinion that the decision to withdraw the deal was not Raul's. It came from higher up.

3)The club let go of Milistant and his team as a cost cutting measure. Despite being under contract.

4) The club insisted only loan signings can be made in January.

5) The club is actively engaged in trying to dislodge their highest earner.

Every departure has been filled internally. A sure sign of cost cutting.

Numbers 2, 3 and 5 are contrary to the values which the football club has operated through out its history. It is despicable and foul.

StatDNA is back scouting future signings, but with the proviso that the remaining club scouts and Raul's contacts do physical scouting, plus gathering intelligence on the players. Arsenal, with their moneyball approach, replaced Wenger's scouts using StatDNA to sign players in the last 3 seasons, opinions on some of these players like Gabriel differ, but players like Perez have flopped at the club. Millistant was brought in to replace the StatDNA system.

Arsenal are in austerity mode. We know this because staff at the club made a memo from Kroenke public. This memo urged savings even to stationary. Like any organisation that choses to go into austerity mode, they will blame the previous administration.

Those currently running the club have put out a nasty, insidious whispering campaign trying blame those who have departed. I see this as a grotty, foul despicable act, which is not in keeping with the traditions of a club like Arsenal.

Look! I understand what the current regime is trying to do. They are trying to claim they are new and different, in order to sell their austerity programme. So they put word out they are righting the wrongs of the previous regime to keep fans onside. Well, most of us are not gullible enough to buy that crap. Those who wanted Wenger out can eat the food their preacher is geeding them, I strive to know and not believe. I keeping asking for proof of this mismanagement given said regime won silverware.

Besides, this strategy by those in charge now has only served to drive a deeper wedge between a divided fan base that should have been looking to heal after Wenger left. The new regime has been really callous and stup1d.

I hope they realise they will only be able to do what they are doing for so long. They have to hope their decisions are short term pain for long term gain. But going by high end season ticket renewals, it looks like supporters are not impressed and they are walking away with their money for now.
There problem is, its not gonna stop....now its Ozil/Ramsey/Mislintat and next its going to be Aubameyang/Laca or anybody on a higher salary.
Afterwards Josh Kroenke is going to release a statement about their ambition of going to the champions league finals :rotf: :lol:
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

This team is very predictable o, dem no fit break the bate team ? and our passing is so slow and tentative.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Siddonlook11 wrote:This team is very predictable o, dem no fit break the bate team ? and our passing is so slow and tentative.
:rotf:
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Another good chance WASTED! Kolasinac. Their goalie has barely made a save.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Since Kroenke got full control of Arsenal. The following have happened:

1) Gazidis departure was confirmed. He knew something and made his way out.

2) Withdrawal of Ramsey’s contract offer. Remember Raul and Gazidis negotiated and agreed a deal with Ramsey. Raul is still at the club. This is why I am of the strongest opinion that the decision to withdraw the deal was not Raul's. It came from higher up.

3)The club let go of Milistant and his team as a cost cutting measure. Despite being under contract.

4) The club insisted only loan signings can be made in January.

5) The club is actively engaged in trying to dislodge their highest earner.

Every departure has been filled internally. A sure sign of cost cutting.

Numbers 2, 3 and 5 are contrary to the values which the football club has operated through out its history. It is despicable and foul.

StatDNA is back scouting future signings, but with the proviso that the remaining club scouts and Raul's contacts do physical scouting, plus gathering intelligence on the players. Arsenal, with their moneyball approach, replaced Wenger's scouts using StatDNA to sign players in the last 3 seasons, opinions on some of these players like Gabriel differ, but players like Perez have flopped at the club. Millistant was brought in to replace the StatDNA system.

Arsenal are in austerity mode. We know this because staff at the club made a memo from Kroenke public. This memo urged savings even to stationary. Like any organisation that choses to go into austerity mode, they will blame the previous administration.

Those currently running the club have put out a nasty, insidious whispering campaign trying blame those who have departed. I see this as a grotty, foul despicable act, which is not in keeping with the traditions of a club like Arsenal.

Look! I understand what the current regime is trying to do. They are trying to claim they are new and different, in order to sell their austerity programme. So they put word out they are righting the wrongs of the previous regime to keep fans onside. Well, most of us are not gullible enough to buy that crap. Those who wanted Wenger out can eat the food their preacher is geeding them, I strive to know and not believe. I keeping asking for proof of this mismanagement given said regime won silverware.

Besides, this strategy by those in charge now has only served to drive a deeper wedge between a divided fan base that should have been looking to heal after Wenger left. The new regime has been really callous and stup1d.

I hope they realise they will only be able to do what they are doing for so long. They have to hope their decisions are short term pain for long term gain. But going by high end season ticket renewals, it looks like supporters are not impressed and they are walking away with their money for now.
There problem is, its not gonna stop....now its Ozil/Ramsey/Mislintat and next its going to be Aubameyang/Laca or anybody on a higher salary.
Afterwards Josh Kroenke is going to release a statement about their ambition of going to the champions league finals :rotf: :lol:
Talking of Auba and Laca. Just wait till the summer, when the bids will come in for them. I know their representatives have been spoken to by other clubs.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Over 2 legs Arsenal will overcome the mighty Bate. That said this side is highly unlikely to win the EL. Teams that consistently fail to bury clear opportunities and simultaneously gift goals like Santa Claus on X-mas day will not win a EL nor finish in the top 4.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Not one corner has passed the first defender , does not matter who plays it...hmmm..
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Over 2 legs Arsenal will overcome the mighty Bate. That said this side is highly unlikely to win the EL. Teams that consistently fail to bury clear opportunities and simultaneously gift goals like Santa Claus on X-mas day will not win a EL nor finish in the top 4.
I thought....I thought Arsenal (just like LA Rams) are thriving
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Laca did an idiotic thing..
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bk-one wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Over 2 legs Arsenal will overcome the mighty Bate. That said this side is highly unlikely to win the EL. Teams that consistently fail to bury clear opportunities and simultaneously gift goals like Santa Claus on X-mas day will not win a EL nor finish in the top 4.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Okokobioko!
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

bk-one wrote:
Where did you read that? He clearly said Arsenal wasn't while the others were - pointing the fingers squarely on the Arsenal Management.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

How can you even contemplate Arsenal loosing to Bate over 2 legs. Even our U-23 should beat this team.

Rubbish Emeribe ball. I expect this team to get to the final. Anything short of this is an utter disaster.
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

Iwobi is such an average player it's not even funny..once again he's put every foot wrong in a game where he is expected to show some level of dexterity...WTF
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."