The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
bouncino
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by bouncino »

Cito wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The club can do without signing a new goalkeeper until next season. That money should go toward a new defensive midfielder and a new center half.
In as much as Arsenal needs a Defensive Mid cover, that keeper department is awful. In short let’s say Cech is not a top 10 keeper in the EPL anymore. I don’t even want to talk about his backup.
\

Not particularly correct. Our defence exposed him big time. He had no cover most times. And that to me was more to do with the absence of a defensive midfielder.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The new goalkeeper you are going to sign will also give up a lot of goals like Cech if the play in front of him is not better. Cech was not awful, he was okay last season. Remember it is a team game.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

danfo driver wrote:Image
Warrahell is this? :?:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ohenhen1 wrote:The new goalkeeper you are going to sign will also give up a lot of goals like Cech if the play in front of him is not better. Cech was not awful, he was okay last season. Remember it is a team game.
Wetin do Macey ?? That boy is better that Cech and Ospina but lacks experience . why would we be linked to a keeper so similar to him ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

platinum wrote:Ozil's back injury is putting his world cup appearance in jeopardy, where is martin keown to inform the world how he is faking it...lazy turkish bug-eye....cant run for anything, Emery will bin him to the trashcan soon.
Thought the ITKs said he was faking injury.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

bouncino wrote:
Cito wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The club can do without signing a new goalkeeper until next season. That money should go toward a new defensive midfielder and a new center half.
In as much as Arsenal needs a Defensive Mid cover, that keeper department is awful. In short let’s say Cech is not a top 10 keeper in the EPL anymore. I don’t even want to talk about his backup.
\

Not particularly correct. Our defence exposed him big time. He had no cover most times. And that to me was more to do with the absence of a defensive midfielder.
I know Arsenal has a crappy defense but some of the goals he conceded were downright inept goalkeeping/slowing down due to age. Put Lloris, De Gea , Courtois in his stead, Arsenal will concede 5 plus less goals.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cito wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Cito wrote:
\

I know Arsenal has a crappy defense but some of the goals he conceded were downright inept goalkeeping/slowing down due to age. Put Lloris, De Gea , Courtois in his stead, Arsenal will concede 5 plus less goals.
Lloris and Coutois at times conceded worst shocking goal.Only De Gea stand out for me.
Cech should not be our number one but keeper is less our issues,i prefer Macey what ever they call him than Cech
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Cito wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Cito wrote:
\

Goalkeepers also make mistakes. De Gea also made errors last year. I just saw De Gea make a major blunder while playing for Spain.

Cech is still a good goalkeeper.

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Cito wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Cito wrote:
\

Goalkeepers also make mistakes. De Gea also made errors last year. I just saw De Gea make a major blunder while playing for Spain.

Cech is a good goalkeeper but he is no longer an elite goalkeeper. Arsenal to contest for every scrap of point they could secure in this ever increasing difficult league will need a point(s) grabber/maintainer. Not a point dropper. At the moment Cech has contributed to losing points more than he gains.

To your point keepers make mistakes as humans but to be beaten at the near post as much as Cech was last season points to a bigger issue than mistakes. Arsenal needs a better keeper. Period.

And, getting a better keeper and Defense/DM are not mutually exclusive. Both can be attained.

https://www.squawka.com/news/petr-cech- ... CfQKK6H.97
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Cito wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Cito wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Cito wrote:
\

Cech is a good goalkeeper but he is no longer an elite goalkeeper. Arsenal to contest for every scrap of point they could secure in this ever increasing difficult league will need a point(s) grabber/maintainer. Not a point dropper. At the moment Cech has contributed to losing points more than he gains.

To your point keepers make mistakes as humans but to be beaten at the near post as much as Cech was last season points to a bigger issue than mistakes. Arsenal needs a better keeper. Period.

And, getting a better keeper and Defense/DM are not mutually exclusive. Both can be attained.

https://www.squawka.com/news/petr-cech- ... CfQKK6H.97

I agree Cech tenure is coming to an end at Arsenal. But I don't believe buying a shiny new goalkeeper will solve Arsenal defensive problems like some Arsenal fans believe. The next shiny new brand new goalkeeper will also concede a lot of goals if the likes Mustafi is starting for Arsenal.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Released: Marc Bola, Santi Cazorla, Alexander Crean, Aaron Eyoma, Ryan Huddart, Chiori Johnson, Hugo Keto, Per Mertesacker and Tafari Moore.
Waffi should I remind you of the youngsters released here that you flapped your gums about :woot: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Play Nwakili or sell him. No more loan deals.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Released: Marc Bola, Santi Cazorla, Alexander Crean, Aaron Eyoma, Ryan Huddart, Chiori Johnson, Hugo Keto, Per Mertesacker and Tafari Moore.
Waffi should I remind you of the youngsters released here that you flapped your gums about :woot: :rotf:
Nothing to laugh about. If you have a clue, you know Chiori has been struggling with injuries for the past 18 months. First his cruciate, then broke his leg. Just not been the same player. I wish him all the best. If he sorts out his injury issues and head, there is a top player in there.

Arthur Okonkwo has seen off Ryan Huddart, Alex Crean and Hugo Keto, Arsenal have decided to let them go. That effectively means Okonkwo is fast tracked into the under 23 for next season. Okonkwo played some games for them last season.

For me the real surprise is the goalkeepers, they released 3 of them. I expected Chiori to be released, when I heard the club did not make any moves to extend his contract. The boy needs to get himself fit physically and mentally to relaunch his career.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ohenhen1 wrote:Play Nwakili or sell him. No more loan deals.
Why do you think he is on loan?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Nothing to laugh about. If you have a clue, you know Chiori has been struggling with injuries for the past 18 months. First his cruciate, then broke his leg. Just not been the same player. I wish him all the best. If he sorts out his injury issues and head, there is a top player in there.

Arthur Okonkwo has seen off Ryan Huddart, Alex Crean and Hugo Keto, Arsenal have decided to let them go. That effectively means Okonkwo is fast tracked into the under 23 for next season. Okonkwo played some games for them last season.

For me the real surprise is the goalkeepers, they released 3 of them. I expected Chiori to be released, when I heard the club did not make any moves to extend his contract. The boy needs to get himself fit physically and mentally to relaunch his career.

Any chance that we can get Okonkwo to commit to Naija?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Cito wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Cito wrote:
\

It's not that easy. A goalie is only as good as the confidence he has in his defense.

In the Wenger years the only Arsenal goalie I can categorically say was bad as Almunia. WTH the others or was hard to say with the porous defense. In hindsight, Schez, Mannone, and the other Polish one at Swansea I'm not so sure cos of the bad defensive scheme they played behind. So hard to tell how good or bad they were.

Ospina and Cech are actually good but again that defense...
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Waffiman wrote:
Will he be able to get work permit for the upcoming season?
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

elerineye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Will he be able to get work permit for the upcoming season?
Unless he has EU papers, I don't think so. I explained all this about 2 years ago. The FA, in what they see as giving their own a chance, got together with the home office and made it very difficult to get a work permit. Arsenal can longer use the special talent loop hole they once used.

Last season was supposed to be the one were he makes the push and gets the call up into the NT, but in Holland it all went wrong. He never got a look in, the club did not fulfil their promises to Arsenal, in the end, Arsenal cancelled the arrangement and took him back to Belgium.

The only way a club avoids the tough new work permit rules is to pay a salary that makes the Treasury overrule the Home Office because of tax revenue involved.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Any chance that we can get Okonkwo to commit to Naija?
England leaning heavily on him. At one point, I was confident he will be ours, but England officials are on him and his family, they have even capped him at youth level. But I have faith in our efforts to get him, also rumours of key family members wanting him to chose us. The final decision is always the player.

Arsenal have a fight to keep him. Annoyingly Barca are trying to Nick him. Okonkwo and Josh Da Silva are the two youth players who have such enormous potential you just fear, we don't lose them. Barca, Dortmund and others are rumoured to be after Josh.

Josh is an incredible athlete and I have rarely seen a kid do the things he can do at every age. Wenger gave him his first team debut at 18 last season in the Carabou cup. Let's hope he continues to progress under Emery, but he must sign his contract first.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Arsenal should please sell him then. No more loan deals to 2nd division clubs. The guy showed he can play against Athletico Madrid. Why is he playing in the Dutch 2nd division?

Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

ohenhen1 wrote:Arsenal should please sell him then. No more loan deals to 2nd division clubs. The guy showed he can play against Athletico Madrid. Why is he playing in the Dutch 2nd division?
I know you write a lot of stuff that leaves one scratching the head, but why exactly should Arsenal sell him? Because they have to make you happy? Or did Kelechi tell you that he doesn't want to play for Arsenal anymore? Or you just want them to sell him cause he played well against A Madrid in a post season friendly, and the almighty ohenhen wants him to move?

Let me kuku just exit this thread...
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Cally wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Arsenal should please sell him then. No more loan deals to 2nd division clubs. The guy showed he can play against Athletico Madrid. Why is he playing in the Dutch 2nd division?
I know you write a lot of stuff that leaves one scratching the head, but why exactly should Arsenal sell him? Because they have to make you happy? Or did Kelechi tell you that he doesn't want to play for Arsenal anymore? Or you just want them to sell him cause he played well against A Madrid in a post season friendly, and the almighty ohenhen wants him to move?

Let me kuku just exit this thread...
Yes to make me happy. Super Eagles is my priority. Kelechi Nwakali need to find a stable situation. Maybe a permanent move to a french or dutch team. Buy back clause included.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Waffi you be my guy so I no go give Your Buddy Sisi Yemisi and your other best friend ammunition to lambast you but this ya revisionist fables have me laughing hysterically .... SMH anyway for the sake of an Eagles Centric week I will give ya fable telling a Mulligan :rotf: But on the real ya Fabulous too much smh :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.