The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Skylolo »

Still fuming after yesterday. :curse:

Its my birthday next week Saturday, Emery better put Ozil on the pitch vs Chelsea...I'm not watching that "Oziless" :evil: dross he served up yesterday to ruin my special day.

Life is about balance, how many tackles did Nasri (who is not even half the player our Mesut is) win yesterday on the way to helping West Ham to 3 points over us? :roll:

I think the Ozil situation is demoralising our other players sef, do we really think those players don't know the best player is not playing?

He should let us enjoy or Ozil as long as we are paying him jare.....haba...what joy is there to football without flair?

Emery must be careful, this must not turn into him or Mesut.....there are many good coaches out there.
To God be the glory
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Arsene wenger was complicit in the arsenal boardroom deception......he knew full well that the board had no intention of
investing in the team, but took it upon himself to shoulder the 'blame'.....thinking that his tinkering would always keep him one step ahead of the bigger clubs. How wrong he was.....
.....earning 10 million a year, why wouldn't you?
afc are in the position they are today because of the fraudulent confederation of Dein, Wenger, Hill-Wood, Gazidis and Kroneke.....

..they spun a web of lies privately, whilst contradicting themselves publicly, brainwashing the fans to part with their hard earned........Emery is not playing that game, he calls it as he sees it......he has learnt valuable lessons at PSG.....whilst his tactical decisions remain to be seen, he is right to call out the board and give the fans some sort of clarity concerning the situation we see today........however the typical arsenal fan is short term minded, happy with short term results, and not interested in seeing the long term strategy these boardroom crooks are manifesting.....

the focus must stay on kroneke until he is forced out of afc....i yield
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Has anyone actually considered that the Board might not invest more money in the team if they feel it is not value for money?

I like Denis Suarez but is the Board asking the manager why you need Denis Suarez when you have statistically the most creative player in Europe in the last 10 years and you are not playing him? Does anybody here actually believe Suarez will offer us more than Mesut Ozil?

In the creative areas we have Ozil, Mikhitaryan, Ramsey and young Alex Iwobi. How many years did Wenger have more quality that this to deliver top 4 before rabid dogs turned on the poor man?

Yes we can blame the board for consistently investing less than our rivals, but we should also ask questions of out Management....!

We are getting exactly what we deserve now.... :mrgreen:
Last edited by Skylolo on Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To God be the glory
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Gooner1 wrote:Arsene wenger was complicit in the arsenal boardroom deception......he knew full well that the board had no intention of
investing in the team, but took it upon himself to shoulder the 'blame'.....thinking that his tinkering would always keep him one step ahead of the bigger clubs. How wrong he was.....
afc are in the position they are today because of the fraudulent confederation of Dein, Wenger, Hill-Wood, Gazidis and Kroneke.....

..they spun a web of lies privately, whilst contradicting themselves publicly, brainwashing the fans to part with their hard earned........Emery is not playing that game, he calls it as he sees it......he has learnt valuable lessons at PSG.....whilst his tactical decisions remain to be seen, he is right to call out the board and give the fans some sort of clarity concerning the situation we see today........however the typical arsenal fan is short term minded, happy with short term results, and not interested in seeing the long term strategy these boardroom crooks are manifesting.....

Still blaming Arsene?

:roll:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Skylolo wrote:Has anyone actually considered that the Board might not invest more money in the team if they feel it is not value for money?

I like Denis Suarez but is the Board asking the manager why you need Denis Suarez when you have statistically the most creative player in Europe in the last 10 years and you are not playing him? Does anybody here actually believe Suarez will offer us more than Mesut Ozil?

In the creative areas we have Ozil, Mikhitaryan, Ramsey and young Alex Iwobi. How many years did Wenger have more quality that this to deliver top 4 before rabid dogs turned on the poor man?

Yes we can blame the board for consistently investing less than our rivals, but we should also ask questions of out Management....!

Wenger had exact same issues since the day he bought the one man disaster that is Xhaka. Trying to construct a balanced midfield with Xhaka is impossible, his lack of mobility, awful positioning and lack of basic intelligence off the ball is exposed by the opposition time and again.

Aniks has been on this for years but some of you just won't listen, Xhaka is a tactical and physical albatross, Arsenal tried to cover for the walking albatross with addition of Torreira. Even that not enough, as Aniks said Arsenal are in dire need of a CM with combination of power, pace, mobility to partner Torreira and force the departure of Xhaka.

3 years of Xhaka and not single top 4 finish for the Arsenal.

Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Skylolo wrote:Has anyone actually considered that the Board might not invest more money in the team if they feel it is not value for money?

Wenger had exact same issues since the day he bought the one man disaster that is Xhaka. Trying to construct a balanced midfield with Xhaka is impossible, his lack of mobility, awful positioning and lack of basic intelligence off the ball is exposed by the opposition time and again.

Aniks has been on this for years but some of you just won't listen, Xhaka is a tactical and physical albatross, Arsenal tried to cover for the walking albatross with addition of Torreira. Even that not enough, as Aniks said Arsenal are in dire need of a CM with combination of power, pace, mobility to partner Torreira and force the departure of Xhaka.

Scapegoating at its very best imho...Xhaka has struggled at times But he is not the problem with Arsenal today, no single player is. Yes there is a lack of mobility there, but there isn’t a better DLP in this league apart from Fernandinho. Did you guys not notice how rubbish our midfield was when Xhaka moved to the back to cover? Is Chelsea’s £50m Jorginho better than Xhaka?

He has been one of our best players this season imho, Saturday was the first time I have seen our trigger happy manager sub him.
To God be the glory
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Nkume wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:Arsene wenger was complicit in the arsenal boardroom deception......he knew full well that the board had no intention of

Still blaming Arsene?

still unable to comprehend what u read, or did u stop reading after the first 2 words......? :roll: :roll:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Gooner1 wrote:
Nkume wrote:

Still blaming Arsene?

still unable to comprehend what u read, or did u stop reading after the first 2 words......? :roll: :roll:
Again, Still blaming Arsene?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Arsenal is stuck in a vicious cycle. Lack of CL means less revenue which means less ability to attract top talent. In addition, we are stuck with overpaid players who keep us respectable but are not good enough to get us into the top 4. It all comes down to mismanagement and so the question is how to get out of this morass. We will be shedding payroll this summer with guys like Cech, Ramsey, Welbeck, Monreal, Lichsteiner gone. If its possible, the club could save more by getting rid of Perez, Mkhitaryan, Ozil, Xhaka, and Elneny. With these guys off the books and more revenue coming in during the summer, Emery will have more flexibility to shape the squad to his liking. This summer will be critical to reversing our fortunes. For now the club is what it is and we're going to finish 6th this year. Success for me is playing strong down the stretch, and making a semi-run in either the FA Cup or Europa. I'd focus more on Europa since we have an outside chance of winning it which would secure a CL birth, and I suspect that's what Emery will do.

The Ozil situation is awful for a number of reasons. He's probably alienated, the media attention is not helpful, and given our situation we can't afford to pay a guy that much and get little/nothing out of him. If I'm Emery I use Ozil as much as can in the hopes he helps the team out. The benefits are that if Ozil returns to form he'll help us win and will see his value goes up in case we want to sell him in the summer. Keeping him on the bench does not do any good. Best case scenario now about selling him is we just shed his payroll which is a good thing but does not make us better between now and May.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Waffiman wrote:I love this post in one of my Arsenal WhatsApp groups. He is right with the Villa analogy.
You remember my prophetic words in December..... it’s started white van man are no longer blinkered... without Wenger there to direct their fury they are now turning to Kroenke... it’s started. I will passionately protest against the yanks whenever I can. You remember when Villa was holding their own in the prem. Then years of under investment from Doug Ellis saw them decline to where they are now. A club with big history now languishing in the lower leagues. Make no mistake that is where Arsenal are heading under yank ownership.
As you imagine, there are no white van men in this group. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

These are folks who work in the City. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Arsenal money is a gain to LA Rams...Go figure.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Heliopolis wrote:Arsenal is stuck in a vicious cycle. Lack of CL means less revenue which means less ability to attract top talent. In addition, we are stuck with overpaid players who keep us respectable but are not good enough to get us into the top 4. It all comes down to mismanagement and so the question is how to get out of this morass. We will be shedding payroll this summer with guys like Cech, Ramsey, Welbeck, Monreal, Lichsteiner gone. If its possible, the club could save more by getting rid of Perez, Mkhitaryan, Ozil, Xhaka, and Elneny. With these guys off the books and more revenue coming in during the summer, Emery will have more flexibility to shape the squad to his liking. This summer will be critical to reversing our fortunes. For now the club is what it is and we're going to finish 6th this year. Success for me is playing strong down the stretch, and making a semi-run in either the FA Cup or Europa. I'd focus more on Europa since we have an outside chance of winning it which would secure a CL birth, and I suspect that's what Emery will do.

The Ozil situation is awful for a number of reasons. He's probably alienated, the media attention is not helpful, and given our situation we can't afford to pay a guy that much and get little/nothing out of him. If I'm Emery I use Ozil as much as can in the hopes he helps the team out. The benefits are that if Ozil returns to form he'll help us win and will see his value goes up in case we want to sell him in the summer. Keeping him on the bench does not do any good. Best case scenario now about selling him is we just shed his payroll which is a good thing but does not make us better between now and May.
But when some of us said this earlier people who think they know it all called us Ozil moaners, this is the most pragmatic play in an already bad situation. Its not about Ozil or blaming individual players. Its about making the best of a bad situation and getting us over the finish line in a respectable position.,,, The know it all will come and blame player A and Player B for the Issues of the WHOLE arsenal team as if one tree makes a forest. Unai must man up and be a better man manager, Spartak, and PSG dont give me that confidence but I am hoping he learnt enough to not make the same mistakes.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Heliopolis wrote:Arsenal is stuck in a vicious cycle. Lack of CL means less revenue which means less ability to attract top talent. In addition, we are stuck with overpaid players who keep us respectable but are not good enough to get us into the top 4. It all comes down to mismanagement and so the question is how to get out of this morass. We will be shedding payroll this summer with guys like Cech, Ramsey, Welbeck, Monreal, Lichsteiner gone. If its possible, the club could save more by getting rid of Perez, Mkhitaryan, Ozil, Xhaka, and Elneny. With these guys off the books and more revenue coming in during the summer, Emery will have more flexibility to shape the squad to his liking. This summer will be critical to reversing our fortunes. For now the club is what it is and we're going to finish 6th this year. Success for me is playing strong down the stretch, and making a semi-run in either the FA Cup or Europa. I'd focus more on Europa since we have an outside chance of winning it which would secure a CL birth, and I suspect that's what Emery will do.

Not with him going for a 30 year old midfielder. I do not trust him.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Begging for Ozil is like crying over spilled milk.
When Ozil has played, he has been piss poor.
His laziness have followed him everywhere he has been. Real Madrid, Arsenal prior to Emery, Germany, ...
You cannot build a system, that rely on a player, who is NOT a leader, who is always injured.
Last season, he was ALWAYS injured, after he signed his contract. People said, he was saving himself for the 2018 WC.

Nobody builds a team around Mesut Ozil. NOBODY.

Emery is not interested in short term wins to jeopardize the future of Arsenal.
The Emery project is NOT a 6 months project, it is not a 1 year project. It is a long term project.
Trying to fit Ozil (or even Ramsey) into the lineup is short sighted.
Arsenal needs to learn to win without Ozil. Period. It is not the answers fans want to hear, but that's reality.
If Ozil wants to play, he needs to fit his game into the over team concept that Unai is trying to instill.
Ramsey has adapted his play. Under Wenger, Ramsey used to run around all over the pitch. He has become more disciplined now.

Xhaka is a catastrophe in midfield. He doesn't bring anything Guendozi can't. He is being played, because he has a longer range of passes, but his lack of defensive awareness and his consistent turnovers are causing trouble for our defense.
I can't wait for an Arsenal without Ozil and Xhaka. Whatever it is going to take to get ride of these two players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

And oo Man U just won't it's 5th straight match since Maurinho was let go. And yes they just beat Hotspud at home. And yes yes yes yes it's the same squad of players Maurinho was all gloom and doom about. In this lies a great lesson for Arsenal. The question is what exactly has Solkajeer done differently from Maurinho. It's really very very simple.
The new coach has simply adapted his tactics to get the best out of the players available to him. Contrast that to what Maurinho tried to do which is shoe in the players into his tactics. Same thing Emery is doing. Just like it was doom to Maurinho at Man U so it will be for Emery at Arsenal unless he changes.
Sports everywhere is all about tactics talkless of football. Quality only ensures consistency in performance.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Begging for Ozil is like crying over spilled milk.
His laziness have followed him everywhere he has been. Real Madrid, Arsenal prior to Emery, Germany, ...
You cannot build a system, that rely on a player, who is NOT a leader, who is always injured.
Last season, he was ALWAYS injured, after he signed his contract. People said, he was saving himself for the 2018 WC.

The Emery project is NOT a 6 months project, it is not a 1 year project. It is a long term project.
Arsenal needs to learn to win without Ozil. Period. It is not the answers fans want to hear, but that's reality.
If Ozil wants to play, he needs to fit his game into the over team concept that Unai is trying to instill.
Ramsey has adapted his play. Under Wenger, Ramsey used to run around all over the pitch. He has become more disciplined now.

Xhaka is a catastrophe in midfield. He doesn't bring anything Guendozi can't. He is being played, because he has a longer range of passes, but his lack of defensive awareness and his consistent turnovers are causing trouble for our defense.
I can't wait for an Arsenal without Ozil and Xhaka. Whatever it is going to take to get ride of these two players.

My guy it’s no point trying to reason with some of these Blind muppets. They are like Trump Zombies.

Actually they are worse :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Another thing. Maybe it's about time we scratch under the surface and examine the real reason why Ramsey's contract was withdrawn and why even though he's been available he hardly start matches. Now you all may say it's another conspiracy theory.
But let's think: what is the common factor apart from injury among the following players: Ramsey, Wiltshere, Santi and now Ozil. These are fan favorites.
Yeah Jack is always injured. Santi is back from injury and playing as if he never went away. Ramsey is on his way out. And Ozil is being forced out.
What exactly is going on?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

So the solution ( long term or short term ) is to bench a fit Ozil, bench a fit Xhaka , Bench a fit Ramsey because they dont fit the system , play the ones that fit the system till they drop like flies due to fatigue or Injury , lose games in the process and run don the contracts of those three as the long term solution ?

And yet expect the "right players" to sign for us at good deals and then win long term . oH and maybe force Kronke to also invest or not take money out of the club while doing all this ?

No be fight o , just making sure I get your solution plan - Or maybe you can spell it out in simple steps fr simpletons like me ...this your long term path to glory that does not involve imploding in the short term. Thanks in advance.

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

azuka wrote:And oo Man U just won't it's 5th straight match since Maurinho was let go. And yes they just beat Hotspud at home. And yes yes yes yes it's the same squad of players Maurinho was all gloom and doom about. In this lies a great lesson for Arsenal. The question is what exactly has Solkajeer done differently from Maurinho. It's really very very simple.
The new coach has simply adapted his tactics to get the best out of the players available to him. Contrast that to what Maurinho tried to do which is shoe in the players into his tactics. Same thing Emery is doing. Just like it was doom to Maurinho at Man U so it will be for Emery at Arsenal unless he changes.
Sports everywhere is all about tactics talkless of football. Quality only ensures consistency in performance.
By some arsenal fans theory...the solution would have been for mourinho to bench/sell Pogba and sell any other erring player.

In 5 years time by the same logic those supporters would demand that Pogba deliver at that time the same level better than he delivered when he was 25 ( today ) ..
By 5 years time knowing Pogba won the WC on year after signing for Manure and demands an armed robber salary ..they will say he is overpaid..

I pray God keeps us all for the next 5 years and longer to see ..

...Socrates
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Yes but the Emery project requires funds to get the players he needs and right now we might have to go as far as letting Ozil go for free just to shed his contract. At least try to get something out of him. Maybe the last few months have lit a fire under his #$%. I'm not an Ozil fan but it is crazy that a team with limited resources does not even want to put their most expensive player on the bench.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Skylolo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Scapegoating at its very best imho...Xhaka has struggled at times But he is not the problem with Arsenal today, no single player is. Yes there is a lack of mobility there, but there isn’t a better DLP in this league apart from Fernandinho. Did you guys not notice how rubbish our midfield was when Xhaka moved to the back to cover? Is Chelsea’s £50m Jorginho better than Xhaka?

He has been one of our best players this season imho, Saturday was the first time I have seen our trigger happy manager sub him.
I wonder what these guys watch. It us just ridiculous the prejudice behind it all. I dont do feelings, I do stats. Is Jorginho more mobile than Xhaka? What are his defensive stats? Look at Fabinho at Liverpool etc etc. As you pointed out only Fernandinho is more mobile. But the notion that one player is responsible for the ills of any team is nothing but an agenda towards said player.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:Another thing. Maybe it's about time we scratch under the surface and examine the real reason why Ramsey's contract was withdrawn and why even though he's been available he hardly start matches. Now you all may say it's another conspiracy theory.
But let's think: what is the common factor apart from injury among the following players: Ramsey, Wiltshere, Santi and now Ozil. These are fan favorites.
Yeah Jack is always injured. Santi is back from injury and playing as if he never went away. Ramsey is on his way out. And Ozil is being forced out.
What exactly is going on?
Very good question.

Orstein recently said Arsenal had an agreement with Ramsey but a contract was not offered. Ramsey's people insist a contract was withdrawn.

This is bad PR for a club with history of doing things proper way. Orstein is obviously a mouth piece for the club but the fact remains, the way the Ramsey matter has been handled is not the Arsenal way.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
azuka wrote:And oo Man U just won't it's 5th straight match since Maurinho was let go. And yes they just beat Hotspud at home. And yes yes yes yes it's the same squad of players Maurinho was all gloom and doom about. In this lies a great lesson for Arsenal. The question is what exactly has Solkajeer done differently from Maurinho. It's really very very simple.
By some arsenal fans theory...the solution would have been for mourinho to bench/sell Pogba and sell any other erring player.

In 5 years time by the same logic those supporters would demand that Pogba deliver at that time the same level better than he delivered when he was 25 ( today ) ..
By 5 years time knowing Pogba won the WC on year after signing for Manure and demands an armed robber salary ..they will say he is overpaid..

I pray God keeps us all for the next 5 years and longer to see ..
Guys, Emery wants runners and hard workers. He has his system and he does not seem to have much patience for those who do not fit in. But this is a results business and ultimately he will be judged by results.

We don't need to wait 5 years. The Arsenal fans will not let that happen. Come the Chelsea game, something must give between Emery and Ozil. The fans love Ozil and the player knows it. If we do not start winning, Emery will have no choice.