The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by kajifu »

Arsenal are in talks with 29-year-old Algeria attacking midfielder Yacine Brahimi, who is a free agent after leaving Porto. (Sky Sports)

The Gunners have also been offered the chance to sign 25-year-old Lyon and France forward Nabil Fekir - a former target for Liverpool - for just £30m
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Oga cally when are you going to open our new season thread?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Crystal Palace want Arsenal's English defender Carl Jenkinson, 27, as a £5m replacement for right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka, who left for Manchester United
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

:clap: :clap: :clap: We don sign first for t he season :clap: :clap:

Arsenal have completed their first transfer of the summer with the signing of Brazilian teenager Gabriel Martinelli.

The 18-year-old forward has signed "a long-term contract", the Gunners have confirmed.

Martinelli has joined from Brazilian side Ituano, where he had scored 10 goals in 34 games after making his debut in 2017.

"I model my game on Cristiano Ronaldo," Martinelli said.

"He is a player who works hard, pushing himself to the next level. Always in the run for titles and individual trophies.

"This is a dream since I was a child and also my family's dream for me to be playing in Europe and playing for a big team like Arsenal. I am going to take this opportunity."

Martinelli was recently called up to train with the senior Brazil national team in preparation for the Copa America.

"It was an amazing feeling, a dream come true, being able to be beside great players," he said of that experience.

"It is a great opportunity to learn and I enjoyed it as much as I could
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Nkume wrote:4 years or so ago, after winning our first FA cup in 9 years against Hull, we were told that financial restrictions were over, we had a surplus, and we had money to burn on players. We only signed Cech! Meanwhile, the man who was achieving with so little was blamed, while Gazidis and Kroenke were collecting millions. Now these are the kind of players we are being linked to.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... Bowen.html
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I have just started laughing. This is going to get worse.

My bro, this in a window without Chelsea, plus Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern all have one or two quality players to they will sell. Have a look at France, the likes of Fekir are going cheap.

But the window is early, and I want to understand that for Financial reasons, Arsenal will rather put their deals in next year's accounts.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:I thought they said Wenger was responsible for all the cheapness associated with Arsenal. They said he deliberately made low offers for players just to claim that he made an effort.

Well, the man isn't there anymore, but the offers being made are even more laughable than when he was there. Just read that Palace are incensed by the offer of 40m for Zaha. I hear the offer is even in staggered payments :rotf: :rotf:

Kai!! Arsenal FC Sha...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Nice to see us get Martinelli over the line.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Nice rumours. Making feel real good.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My people how good is this kid Gabriel Martinelli?
It seems we are looking at attackers,is one of our big name CF leaving?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

kajifu wrote:Crystal Palace want Arsenal's English defender Carl Jenkinson, 27, as a £5m replacement for right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka, who left for Manchester United
To buy sef hard us as well as to sell ? How hard is it to sell Jenkinson to CP ?

The deal makers in this organisation are slowwwwww
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Rumours of Laca signing is the best thing I heard today. Also, heard Auba has agreed a deal in principle but not yet signed.

Also Tierney and Saliba done.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Waffiman wrote:Rumours of Laca signing is the best thing I heard today. Also, heard Auba has agreed a deal in principle but not yet signed.

Nice one, Waffi. May these rumors be true o! That would be great.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Kai good as our players are signing,;et Barca carry their trouble go as they were asking for Laca,i hope our owner can even go mad like Roman did in 2004 just buy buy spend for quality players.
Get some few decent players and even rub small smile by asking for Messi and Neymar just price them.lol .
There are some decent players we can get cheap and "MAKE ARSENAL GREAT AGAIN" MAGA.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Abeg who go open our new thread?Oga Cally is it not time for our new thread to start it with the signing of this Brazilian?
Chelsea have started their new thread already.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Some pundits might believe that #AFC have paid off the stadium debt, but this is not true. Arsenal had £217m debt remaining in 2018 with the majority only due to be repaid in 2029 (£50m in 2031). #MUFC still have around £500m, while #THFC debt will rise due to new stadium. https://t.co/DIXSckbW54
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffiman wrote:Rumours of Laca signing is the best thing I heard today. Also, heard Auba has agreed a deal in principle but not yet signed.

Waffi your rumors dey sweet my belle, but my people say "nkem nuru na nti wu ashi, ma nkem huru na anyi wu eziokwu."

Mek we watch this space.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Na to lock this thread and continue on the other one...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:

Nice one, Waffi. May these rumors be true o! That would be great.
The Zaha saga will get messy. The player is rumoured to have asked his club to drop their asking price to allow him leave.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Nkume wrote:

Waffi your rumors dey sweet my belle, but my people say "nkem nuru na nti wu ashi, ma nkem huru na anyi wu eziokwu."

Mek we watch this space.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

@afcstuff:
On this day in 2000: Arsenal beat Juventus & Real Madrid to the signing of French winger Robert Pires from Marseille for £6m. #afc

Those were the days - can't even dream of competing for same players these days - we getting played by Stanley.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

tolahs wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:Why are we not considering Ziyech ? Zaha 80 M ? lawd have mercy
Zaha's a proven EPL performer - Ziyech comes in & has to adjust - we ain't got that time.

Bump !! and we went and bought Pepe for 72M and he has not adjusted !!

Pennywise Poundfoolish :(
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:lol:assnal fans
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Bigpokey24 wrote::lol:assnal fans
You too like Arsenal. Inside Arsenal thread na you post pass.

Now you dey support Leicester. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051