The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Coach »

And finally succeeded when he has on an Aspirin a day and has terminal dribbling...Solid signing, all jokes aside, almost as tough as Kolasinic, Beloved for hardest fullbacks in the league? Fellani in could prove the perfect Mikael Silvestre...is it too late to put a bid in for Wayne Rooney?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:
Cally wrote:I love this signing...
Lichtensteiner is experienced, no nonsense and does not get intimidated. Reminds of our glorious FBs from a golden era.

We have tried to sign him a few times before.

Waffi, you are slacking....why are you not the first to break the news? Abi ya source don follow Wenger go?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Lichtensteiner is experienced, no nonsense and does not get intimidated. Reminds of our glorious FBs from a golden era.

Waffi, you are slacking....why are you not the first to break the news? Abi ya source don follow Wenger go?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Na SE dey take my time right now.

I did mention this potential signing about two weeks ago.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

what about Fellaini? If he goes on to have a blinder at the WC, then suddenly teams with deeper pockets will end this game.
Last edited by Chief Ogbunigwe on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

All of a sudden lichesteiner “is experinced, no nonsnse.. bla bla bla” :lol: how you guys can take this fake quack accountant seriously, is beyond me. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

what about Fellaini?
Let me help the short man devil answer: Fellaini is tall like an ox, a fighter and has won the Europa league :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ebyboy wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ogbeni, leave us alone now, kilode?
Annnri, Fiera and Wenger don comot now.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
He has also moved on from that neighborhood
where he was tortured so.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

what about Fellaini? If he goes on to have a blinder at the WC, then suddenly teams with deeper pockets will end this game.
I don't believe the Fellaini rumours, I think it is his Agent planting a story. I could be wrong of course, but there are too many factors that make me doubt the story.

Having said that, a free Fellaini is not a bad deal, so long as he is prepared to take Europa League wages. There are plenty if quality CMs around, if I were Arsenal I will look carefully for better deals than Fellaini.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Arsenal don't need Fellaini. But it looks like they are going cheap this summer.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Hmmm ok Welcome Stephan Lichtsteiner :clap:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

These guys cut all Eboue's mazy runs that won us the freekicks.

[/video]
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

ohenhen1 wrote:Arsenal don't need Fellaini. But it looks like they are going cheap this summer.
This summer? More like every summer
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Yaya's agent says he is willing to play for £1 per week plus bonuses for any top 6 EPL side to prove Pep wrong......Arsenal should sign him pronto
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Gooner1 wrote:Yaya's agent says he is willing to play for £1 per week plus bonuses for any top 6 EPL side to prove Pep wrong......Arsenal should sign him pronto
That’ll be too easy. There’s no drama involved.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bouncino wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Arsenal don't need Fellaini. But it looks like they are going cheap this summer.
This summer? More like every summer
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

elerineye wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:Yaya's agent says he is willing to play for £1 per week plus bonuses for any top 6 EPL side to prove Pep wrong......Arsenal should sign him pronto
This is not about drama.

The real question should be how he fits into Arsenal system under Emery? What role will he play and how effective will he be?

For me, he is not needed in any offensive role because he is now a major defensive liability from these positions. We have too many offensive players that offer little defensively. Yaya will not make such a huge difference for us to consider putting him in the place of Ozil and Iwobi in an attacking midfield role.

Yaya as a box to box or CM player is not even an option because he is now a huge defensive liability in this role. The fact is, even in his prime he was not the best at tracking back, in this sense, he was no Patrick Vieira. I'd rather have Maitland Niles instead.

What about the role as one of the double pivot in a 4-2-3-1 formation. This is Emery's favourite formation and he plays it compact and tight with focus on a solid defensive base. Emery also likes one of the pivot to ideally be tall, athletic, mobile, physical and above all more defensive than attack. This pivot is not box to box and his role is to seat and do the dirty work. Can Yaya Toure play this role?

I believe he can and he did play similar at Barca, albeit in an attack minded 4-3-3 system. I think Yaya is the type of player who is a different player defensively when he has to defend the zone and space behind the ball as.opposed to defending when the ball is ahead or tracking runners when out of position.

For me, this is one position he can fit in in Emery's system. But will the club consider him given all the problems at City? I hope they do but I think they will not.

Can he play as a CD? It depends on him. He has the attributes to play there if he wants and has done so in the past. But will Emery be willing to risk him in this position?
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

For once I agree with you. We missed out on Yaya back in the day due to the useless laws in England for international players.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

The swiss express. You guys have got yourself a no nonsense leader.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

juventuss wrote:Image
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Na so wafoolishman tok o! A no-nonsense leader, extraordinaire. :lol: :lol:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cheers.

I must say the thought of Sokratis and Lichtensteiner, plus the rumours of us looking at a defensive CM allied with a Coach I know will employ a compact, tight defensive set up is rather appealing given the strikers we have.

But I must wait and see how the summer window progresses before making any judgements. So far so good for the post Wenger era. Way before the Coach was appointed we knew the club was after these players and these rumours are proving to be true. It is clear they want to address the main problem with the team from last season.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote:
Cheers.

I must say the thought of Sokratis and Lichtensteiner, plus the rumours of us looking at a defensive CM allied with a Coach I know will employ a compact, tight defensive set up is rather appealing given the strikers we have.

But I must wait and see how the summer window progresses before making any judgements. So far so good for the post Wenger era. Way before the Coach was appointed we knew the club was after these players and these rumours are proving to be true. It is clear they want to address the main problem with the team from last season.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

elerineye wrote:

Arsenal will offer him £1 + 1p. But wait, did we even make Top 6?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Nkume wrote:These guys cut all Eboue's mazy runs that won us the freekicks.

[/video]

Nice to see Eboue. The current Almunia is better than the wastepipe he was during his active years @ Arsenal.
AFCON 2019 sweet o