The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by anikulapo »

jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Great win today by the boys ... they have truly made the Emirates a fortress but our fate will be dictated when we face ..

Watford
Everton
Burnley
Wolves

On the road. Need to show some steel and nerve to win all those games
True. This is the first season we have made Emirates a fortress. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Better record this season than last year and better record against the Top Six :taunt: WaYo Man and Flip flopping fence sitter :woot: one minute you’re in Camp Unai, next second you Sneak into the Opposing camp ... True Life Chameleon :laugh:
I refuse to rubbish an Arsenal legend to support Emery. I support both so long as they are Arsenal. The fact that I support one does not mean I should rubbish the other, that's bollocks. That is not support. I support the Arsenal

Arsenal had the second best home record last season we did not have Leno, Torreira, Sokratis, Auba and Guendouzi all season. Our problem was the away form last season. It is still a problem but there is improvement this season.

So stop talking like we are doing something new. We have done nothing yet, but if you want to use our worst season in 22 years as your benchmark, maybe we are doing something. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

There is nothing we are doing that has not been done before and with worse players. The problem with you guys is you ejaculate prematurely. Only a few weeks ago, you and some here claimed Emery had been left with rubbish players by Wenger and Gazidis as your reason to explain why we were losing and playing badly. Now we are winning, your story is different. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

BTW! 8 of the matchday 11 that started against ManU are Wenger signings and 1 from the youth team.

Hold your horses and calm down, we are in a good place right now. No need to start being wise after the event. Like I always say, we judge at the end of the season.
Don't nobody care Waffi. Give it a rest.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :ohmy: :ohmy:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

jdizzy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Great win today by the boys ... they have truly made the Emirates a fortress but our fate will be dictated when we face ..

Watford
Everton
Burnley
Wolves

On the road. Need to show some steel and nerve to win all those games
True. This is the first season we have made Emirates a fortress. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Better record this season than last year and better record against the Top Six :taunt: WaYo Man and Flip flopping fence sitter :woot: one minute you’re in Camp Unai, next second you Sneak into the Opposing camp ... True Life Chameleon :laugh:
I refuse to rubbish an Arsenal legend to support Emery. I support both so long as they are Arsenal. The fact that I support one does not mean I should rubbish the other, that's bollocks. That is not support. I support the Arsenal

Arsenal had the second best home record last season we did not have Leno, Torreira, Sokratis, Auba and Guendouzi all season. Our problem was the away form last season. It is still a problem but there is improvement this season.

So stop talking like we are doing something new. We have done nothing yet, but if you want to use our worst season in 22 years as your benchmark, maybe we are doing something. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

There is nothing we are doing that has not been done before and with worse players. The problem with you guys is you ejaculate prematurely. Only a few weeks ago, you and some here claimed Emery had been left with rubbish players by Wenger and Gazidis as your reason to explain why we were losing and playing badly. Now we are winning, your story is different. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

BTW! 8 of the matchday 11 that started against ManU are Wenger signings and 1 from the youth team.

Hold your horses and calm down, we are in a good place right now. No need to start being wise after the event. Like I always say, we judge at the end of the season.
Don't nobody care Waffi. Give it a rest.
I care, and I won't give it a rest. 8-)
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

I'm surprised Real Madrid didn't take "Jobless" Wenger and gave him the J.O.B.
While at Arsenal, Wenger "was asked many times" to quit Arsenal and move to Madrid. Now that he is jobless, Real Madrid didn't even contact him.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

We all remember how predictable Wenger was. No matter the game, everyone could predict the lineup and formation.
The biggest thing with Unai is ... NOBODY can predict his lineup and tactics. And he has now outsmarted most of his counterparts and taken 12 points from the top 6 this season.
He adapts his lineup to the games/challenge. Some forum coaches will say " he doesn't know his best 11" ... who said there should be a single best 11 ?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:I'm surprised Real Madrid didn't take "Jobless" Wenger and gave him the J.O.B.
While at Arsenal, Wenger "was asked many times" to quit Arsenal and move to Madrid. Now that he is jobless, Real Madrid didn't even contact him.

Why you dey find trouble :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bepanda wrote:We all remember how predictable Wenger was. No matter the game, everyone could predict the lineup and formation.
The biggest thing with Unai is ... NOBODY can predict his lineup and tactics. And he has now outsmarted most of his counterparts and taken 12 points from the top 6 this season.
He adapts his lineup to the games/challenge. Some forum coaches will say " he doesn't know his best 11" ... who said there should be a single best 11 ?
Let us forget about Wenger for a second,his last two season was a complete failure and fans stood strong to see him gone.
Is one of the reason I say the fans got their club back,as for Emery is is trying to do too much,never my choice but will give him time to succeed,the good thing about him is that like you said know one knows his 11 like we know about Wenger.Ozil from king of assist to king of chance created :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I laugh when fans still think he is that good when in truth he is just above average player.
Emery has a lot to do in that defense,its unreal how we are easily slide open.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My people how do you line up against Rennes with a hungry Ben Arfa who knows Emery very well?
I am shaking about the game,no Laca,Auba low in confidence,our best CD out.We can win the game but I doubt we can keep a clean sheet with Cech in goal?
Can we score 3 goals without open nyash?Thursday will decide our faith in Europe,i expect them to come park bus since they don't need to score but try to not concede more than 1 goal.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bepanda wrote:How many points are we better off than last year at the same stage? Is that something like 13 points?
12 points but now we have to make sure we win 7 of our remaining 8 games.We do that and we finish 3rd,no way likes of Chelsea and spurs win all their games when they have city,Liverpool, to play and Manu still have City and Chelsea hope they cancel each others while we keeping win our games.
Focus is on Thursday game,a do or die game.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Why do we need the Euro cup, if we can just focus on top 3? The Euro is just a distraction at this point.
Just focus on top 3. Lose Europe on Thursday.
Bepanda
kajifu wrote:
bepanda wrote:How many points are we better off than last year at the same stage? Is that something like 13 points?
12 points but now we have to make sure we win 7 of our remaining 8 games.We do that and we finish 3rd,no way likes of Chelsea and spurs win all their games when they have city,Liverpool, to play and Manu still have City and Chelsea hope they cancel each others while we keeping win our games.
Focus is on Thursday game,a do or die game.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Irony is Emery doing much of what AW did back in 96.

Le Prof back in 96 gave 0 fooks about players reputation, it was AW's way or GTFO of Arsenal. No more drinking, no more excessive partying, strict diet, dedication in training, pure meritocracy. Likes of Hartson and Merson were not long for an Arsenal led by AW.

Emery also all about meritocracy, no free rides under El Padrino, put in the work day in and day out and your efforts will be rewarded. Be it young pups like Iwobi, Douzi and AMN or player set to exit in summer i.e Ramsey if you deliver the goods Emery will back you to the hilt.

Like AW back in 96, Emery not perfect but has understood a manager must first earn players respect, Emery like AW in 96 is a man of action, never had to give players hairdryer treatment, the team sheet speaks for itself. Like AW in 96 Emery is in process of embedding culture of meritocracy, once again like AW, Emery does that sans being a loudmouth gasbag ala Mourhino, gradually the trust of players is earned and finally positive results ensue.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Irony is Emery doing much of what AW did back in 96.

Le Prof back in 96 gave 0 fooks about players reputation, it was AW's way or GTFO of Arsenal. No more drinking, no more excessive partying, strict diet, dedication in training, pure meritocracy. Likes of Hartson and Merson were not long for an Arsenal led by AW.

Emery also all about meritocracy, no free rides under El Padrino, put in the work day in and day out and your efforts will be rewarded. Be it young pups like Iwobi, Douzi and AMN or player set to exit in summer i.e Ramsey if you deliver the goods Emery will back you to the hilt.

Like AW back in 96, Emery not perfect but has understood a manager must first earn players respect, Emery like AW in 96 is a man of action, never had to give players hairdryer treatment, the team sheet speaks for itself. Like AW in 96 Emery is in process of embedding culture of meritocracy, once again like AW, Emery does that sans being a loudmouth gasbag ala Mourhino, gradually the trust of players is earned and finally positive results ensue.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Game highlight from NBC sports. I tried very hard to find chances created by Ozil. I couldn't.
Maybe NBC is biased against Ozil. :)
[/video]
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Irony is Emery doing much of what AW did back in 96.

I concur. Especially with the bit on earning respect of senior players. There are some similarities for sure.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Game highlight from NBC sports. I tried very hard to find chances created by Ozil. I couldn't.
[/video]

Funny I watched the second half again and in a short cameo, Dennis Suarez was more incisive than Ozil was for the whole time. That dude Ozil is one big waste of space on the field and big hole in the pockets of the club. He needs to be moved on ASAP Abegi

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
bepanda wrote:Game highlight from NBC sports. I tried very hard to find chances created by Ozil. I couldn't.
[/video]
Funny I watched the second half again and in a short cameo, Dennis Suarez was more incisive than Ozil was for the whole time. That dude Ozil is one big waste of space on the field and big hole in the pockets of the club. He needs to be moved on ASAP Abegi
Put your agenda aside. At least you have been intelligent and man enough to give credit to Ramsey and Xhaka, but when you analyse that game how can you say the above about Ozil?

Put this in your pipe and smoke. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I have watched the full game and analysed in detail the roles of play makers Ozil and Pogba. Both teams set up to shackle these key players, Pogba and Ozil drifted to the wide left and tried to move between the lines to avoid their markers. Neither were given the chance to dictate, consequently, neither were at their best. I have made this point before. But to deny Ozil created chances or was not involved in some key moments when he had a bit of space is just ridiculous. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Aniks, I bet you did not see this finish. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Ozil's trademark bump finish. Some say he invented it.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

We have got momentum, we must capitalise. The Wolves game has been postponed. Next league game is at home against Newcastle.

Our top 4 chances now depend on our Away form. We play 5 of the remaining 8 games away from home. But the good thing is 3 or even 4 of those away games might be against teams who are safe with nothing to play for.

We win the last 8, we finish 3rd.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:Aniks, I bet you did not see this finish. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Bump finish my nyash .... it was a mis kick .., Abeg go siddon. You’re desperately grasping for straws :laugh:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
[/video]
Put your agenda aside. At least you have been intelligent and man enough to give credit to Ramsey and Xhaka, but when you analyse that game how can you say the above about Ozil?

Put this in your pipe and smoke. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I have watched the full game and analysed in detail the roles of play makers Ozil and Pogba. Both teams set up to shackle these key players, Pogba and Ozil drifted to the wide left and tried to move between the lines to avoid their markers. Neither were given the chance to dictate, consequently, neither were at their best. I have made this point before. But to deny Ozil created chances or was not involved in some key moments when he had a bit of space is just ridiculous. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your analysis is rubbish. Even Pogba despite all the attention, got on the ball and created chances, with quick incisive passes, that thankfully were not finished, so please just give it up.

You can continue to feed that ya flowing line of drivel to ya faithful flock of Sheep like Robby, OjaNkita and Skylolo.

Abeg the Ozil train has long derailed and simply needs to be cleared off the track ... keep clutching at straws .

And yes I will say it again. Rambo and Chaka had great games for the team :thumb: Long May it continue. You know this is the funny thing about you and your ever shrinking band of Ozilites. You persist with delusions, fake stats and bluster when the truth is staring you in the face.

I’m no fan of Ramsey and Chaka. But Am I denying their immense effort on the field of play Sunday? Of course not. I’m not mad or delusional like you muppets. I call it as a I see it. Let Ozil put in a performance even close to tenth of what those guys did, and then you can talk.

Ancelotti said it all about the smurf when he conned Arsenal to take him off their hands. He is a man devoid of any fight or grit.

Tufiakwa

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

“I decided the departure of Özil. I prefer Di Maria for the balance of the team,” he said, as quoted by the Telegraph. “It’s true, that maybe Di Maria has less quality than Özil but on a profile of dynamism, character and help to the team I preferred Di Maria.”

Many people have spoken about this, and I want to do it as well. [Ozil] said that he lacked the confidence [of the club], but we played three games, and he started two of them.

Maybe he saw he was going to have competition, and he asked for a way out.“
“There are players who have responded with strength and will to fight for a place, but not everyone reacted the same.

[Angel] Di Maria responded well and wanted to fight.”
CARLO ANCELLOTTI.

Again waffi, never mention PAUL POGBA and that shrimp from Germany in the same sentence ever again. Ozil is not fit to tie Pogba’s laces :taunt:

MLK.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Aniks, I bet you did not see this finish. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Bump finish my nyash .... it was a mis kick .., Abeg go siddon. You’re desperately grasping for straws :laugh:
Miskick how many times now? You need to upgrade that thing you dey smoke :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Miskick how many times now? You need to upgrade that thing you dey smoke :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Ahhh here comes the Bushman from the desert :D No be ya fault ... you went to school in the North so you would assume a mis kick as a genuine attempt on goal :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Its funny how hate and dislike can make us focus on things..

Did anyone notice that an Uninjured Mikhi was not even listed for the match ? Home match for that matter ? It means the man is thinking and approaching each game differently..

Its time we leave the vitrol and just support the coach..who by my ogogoro analysis will succeed at Arsenal..

Make I remind una again of my ogogoro analysis ..

1.Failed- Russia
2.Passed - Spain
3.Failed-France
4.Passed -England.

Dia you go QED,

Now make we focus on Rennes and please dont hate me for my rum laced tea, you should try it..I recommend Earl grey steeped with a table spoon of Rum .., slice of lemon and a dash of honey.. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates