The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by cchinukw »

Waffiman wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:Can't say I'm the least bit surprised.........some say afc are now in crisis ........I say we have been in turmoil for more than 5 yrs

The old guard are avoiding this thread, ready to regroup during the summer silly season with fables of tales of a new beginning.....don't believe them........nothing will change with Kroneke at the helm

the fans need to let him know that he is not welcomed........several years ago I asked which would fans have, Kroneke or Usmanov.....I wonder what their answer would be now?
You do not understand the club you support. Arsenal fans by a huge majority will never take a person like Usmanov or Roman Abramovich. We are not scum like Chelsea, you have to understand this. Where is Roman today. Look how the authorities are handling him. The same authorities withdrew Usmanov's Visa, placing restrictions if they allow him into the country. Do you think Arsenal, a club of the English establishment will ever allow this?

Just have a look at how they arranged the sale of the club's shares to Kroenke. What does it say to you? It say Kroenke was the one chosen by the establishment. I am mow beginning to believe he too will be forced out on time.
Bro, how so? Only God can shake Stan the grabber. I don't see how he will be pushed out. He dey kampe.
He will sell if things don't improve in 3 years max. Mark my words.

There was a 5 years waiting list for STs at Arsenal 2 years ago This summer, the numbers on the waiting list who want a ticket is way short of the numbers to replace those who have informed the club they want to renew.

We know this because employees in the box office have leaked this info.

This will get worse if things don't improve. Merchandise sales are also down when compared to last year.

He will watch the value of his investment crumble because Arsenal fans will walk away.
This is like music to my ears. Hopefully is sooner.

In 2 years I doubt we'll remain competitive in the top 6 at this rate bro.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

SAD NEWS !!!

Arsenal invincible Jose Antonio Reyes passed away after a motor vehicle accident. He was only 35 years. May he rest in peace.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... r-accident

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... paign=1490

[/video]
Last edited by Nkume on Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Nkume wrote:SAD NEWS !!!

Arsenal invincible Jose Antonio Reyes passed away after a motor vehicle accident. He was only 35 years. May he rest in peace.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... r-accident

[/video]
Too soon for the Real Gypsy - most awesome 2nd match @Arsenal(vs Chelsea). Gone too soon - memories forever. :sad:

Last edited by tolahs on Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

RIP Reyes. What a baller he was !!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cchinukw wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:Can't say I'm the least bit surprised.........some say afc are now in crisis ........I say we have been in turmoil for more than 5 yrs

The old guard are avoiding this thread, ready to regroup during the summer silly season with fables of tales of a new beginning.....don't believe them........nothing will change with Kroneke at the helm

the fans need to let him know that he is not welcomed........several years ago I asked which would fans have, Kroneke or Usmanov.....I wonder what their answer would be now?
You do not understand the club you support. Arsenal fans by a huge majority will never take a person like Usmanov or Roman Abramovich. We are not scum like Chelsea, you have to understand this. Where is Roman today. Look how the authorities are handling him. The same authorities withdrew Usmanov's Visa, placing restrictions if they allow him into the country. Do you think Arsenal, a club of the English establishment will ever allow this?

Just have a look at how they arranged the sale of the club's shares to Kroenke. What does it say to you? It say Kroenke was the one chosen by the establishment. I am mow beginning to believe he too will be forced out on time.
Bro, how so? Only God can shake Stan the grabber. I don't see how he will be pushed out. He dey kampe.
He will sell if things don't improve in 3 years max. Mark my words.

There was a 5 years waiting list for STs at Arsenal 2 years ago This summer, the numbers on the waiting list who want a ticket is way short of the numbers to replace those who have informed the club they want to renew.

We know this because employees in the box office have leaked this info.

This will get worse if things don't improve. Merchandise sales are also down when compared to last year.

He will watch the value of his investment crumble because Arsenal fans will walk away.
This is like music to my ears. Hopefully is sooner.

In 2 years I doubt we'll remain competitive in the top 6 at this rate bro.
Oh boy, you are allowing this guy to sing sweet nothing in your ear again??!! You no dey learn your lesson? :oops: :ohmy: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

RIP Jose Antonio Reyes.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

My Reyes memories remain some of my favourite memories of Highbury. 

How can I forget being moved from my Clockend seat to the Northbank for the FA Cup game against Chelsea that was to be his debut. I was ill with a terrible flu but I was never going to miss Reyes debut.

In what was a tense and tight game, Reyes produced the most memorable of goals for which you do not forget for your debut and first goal for your club. Then he scored the 2nd after Vieira had done the work and played a brilliant pass to him.

Perhaps the one game many of us cannot forget is the Middlesbrough game that was to equal the then record of Nottingham Forest unbeaten games. In the context of what was a truly memorable game of football, which I remember like it was yesterday.

My seat was at the Clockend next to the Away fans, the Reyes goal gave me a great angle in a stadium not noted for full visibility when full. I remember Vieira raising the gold Invincibles trophy Arsenal were presented before the game. He was not going to play. Then the game started and we raced into a Henry one nil lead, thanks to a ridiculous 50 yard pass from Reyes to Henry, and everyone thought this will be easy. But it was far from that.

Middlesbrough hit back with 3 unanswered goals, before Bergkamp started the Arsenal party comeback makin it 2-3. Then Pires made it 3 each and we were still celebrating the Pires goal when suddenly we saw Reyes seating Reizinger on his backside and unleashing another rocket to the top corner for a 4-3 Arsenal lead. The ground went ballistic.

That Reyes goal against Middlesbrough is one of my favourite ever memories from Highbury. Still gives me goosebumps thinking about it now.

RIP Reyes. I know it was a short Arsenal career but you left us with some truly special moments.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Waffiman wrote:Image

How can I forget being moved from my Clockend seat to the Northbank for the FA Cup game against Chelsea that was to be his debut. I was ill with a terrible flu but I was never going to miss Reyes debut.

In what was a tense and tight game, Reyes produced the most memorable of goals for which you do not forget for your debut and first goal for your club. Then he scored the 2nd after Vieira had done the work and played a brilliant pass to him.

Perhaps the one game many of us cannot forget is the Middlesbrough game that was to equal the then record of Nottingham Forest unbeaten games. In the context of what was a truly memorable game of football, which I remember like it was yesterday.

My seat was at the Clockend next to the Away fans, the Reyes goal gave me a great angle in a stadium not noted for full visibility when full. I remember Vieira raising the gold Invincibles trophy Arsenal were presented before the game. He was not going to play. Then the game started and we raced into a Henry one nil lead, thanks to a ridiculous 50 yard pass from Reyes to Henry, and everyone thought this will be easy. But it was far from that.

Middlesbrough hit back with 3 unanswered goals, before Bergkamp started the Arsenal party comeback makin it 2-3. Then Pires made it 3 each and we were still celebrating the Pires goal when suddenly we saw Reyes seating Reizinger on his backside and unleashing another rocket to the top corner for a 4-3 Arsenal lead. The ground went ballistic.

That Reyes goal against Middlesbrough is one of my favourite ever memories from Highbury. Still gives me goosebumps thinking about it now.

RIP Reyes. I know it was a short Arsenal career but you left us with some truly special moments.
Rest In Peace, Reyes!
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Thunder wrote:

Rest In Peace, Reyes!

Rest in Perfect peace.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

RIP Reyes. Gone too soon.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Poch is done a helluva job with this Spurs team - really like their possession play - cannot oot for them tho.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Rest in peace, Jose Reyes, one of my favorites. So sad.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Unfortunately he came to premier league when violence(especially against foreign footballers) was the order of the day and referees were allowing culprits to get away with it. Otherwise we would have seen much more from him.......gifted footballer affected by factors beyond his control.

RIP REYES
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Rest in Peace, Jose Antonio Reyes.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Congrats to former Gooner TheOx for leaving Arsenal on time and helping prevent Spurs from winning the CL.
He played zero minutes this year ... but did well last season.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

RIP to Reyes
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Rest in Perfect Peace Jose Anthonio Reyes! Baller personified.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Bad day yesterday in sports, from Joshua, to Naomi, to Serena.

Thank you Liverpool.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Rest in Perfect Peace Jose Anthonio Reyes.
Sad gone too soon.
Arsenal for life
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bepanda wrote:Congrats to former Gooner TheOx for leaving Arsenal on time and helping prevent Spurs from winning the CL.
He played zero minutes this year ... but did well last season.
I am happy he went to a rising team,back to back finals not easy and to say he is now a CL winner yet did not play this season.I have to give it to Klopp to add him so he can get the medal.Hopefully he start next season fresh as he offer something no other Liverpool player do.But I pray he is short one when they face beloved.

I was thinking where I will go if Spurs win the CL
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

With all the justified noises being made about shifting some of our waste pipes, it'll be unforgivable if the best of our young crop - highly coveted by the big teams in Europe - Lyon & Bayern to name a few are lost. We must secure those kids signature w/o a doubt. Starting with Xavier.

@jamesbenge: Arsenal are facing the increasingly likely prospect that Xavier Amaechi will not sign a new contract at the club after Unai Emery snubbed him from his Europa League final bench, a decision that is known to have gone down poorly with Amaechi & those close to him.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Arsenal will now be playing Europa League football for the third successive season.

Wenger, who managed Arsenal for 22 years between 1996 and 2018, was disappointed with the way his former side faded after conceding the opening goal.

“I felt that in the first half we did quite alright but as soon as Chelsea scored the first goal we collapsed completely,” Wenger told beIN Sports.

“In the second half we didn’t exist. It was a sad night for us.”

Wenger did have some sympathy for the Gunners despite the manner of their defeat.

The 69-year-old acknowledges that the Europa League is a tough competition to compete in alongside a gruelling Premier League season as it places a great strain on the squad.

“I agree that until the quarter-final in the Europa League you play with a reserve team when you play in England because the Premier League is so demanding,” the Frenchman added.
let that sink in
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Arsenal will now be playing Europa League football for the third successive season.

Wenger, who managed Arsenal for 22 years between 1996 and 2018, was disappointed with the way his former side faded after conceding the opening goal.

“I felt that in the first half we did quite alright but as soon as Chelsea scored the first goal we collapsed completely,” Wenger told beIN Sports.

“In the second half we didn’t exist. It was a sad night for us.”

Wenger did have some sympathy for the Gunners despite the manner of their defeat.

The 69-year-old acknowledges that the Europa League is a tough competition to compete in alongside a gruelling Premier League season as it places a great strain on the squad.

“I agree that until the quarter-final in the Europa League you play with a reserve team when you play in England because the Premier League is so demanding,” the Frenchman added.
let that sink in
And it will continue for eternity until they come to me and ask for forgiveness.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?