The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Mister Dolly wrote:Iwobi is such an average player it's not even funny..once again he's put every foot wrong in a game where he is expected to show some level of dexterity...WTF
Oga abeg name one player that has played well in this match or Arsenal...?
Speaking for myself , I have not seen one.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Wonderful Emeribe ball.

Only one shot on target all match.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Arsenal should win the 2nd leg... Didnt see much threat from BATE
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Cristao II wrote:Arsenal should win the 2nd leg... Didnt see much threat from BATE
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:Wonderful Emeribe ball.

Anyway you were useless on the field so it’s no surprise you have no clue of what to watch for.

The team will be fine ... No worries
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Anything short of 5-0 next week at home is a disgrace.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Mister Dolly wrote:Iwobi is such an average player it's not even funny..once again he's put every foot wrong in a game where he is expected to show some level of dexterity...WTF

I tire for the boy sha. Nna he is friends with Jay, tell ya son to talk to am biko
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

bk-one wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Over 2 legs Arsenal will overcome the mighty Bate. That said this side is highly unlikely to win the EL. Teams that consistently fail to bury clear opportunities and simultaneously gift goals like Santa Claus on X-mas day will not win a EL nor finish in the top 4.
I thought....I thought Arsenal (just like LA Rams) are thriving
Please remind him.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Wow! Since you’re cross eyed you must talking about Miles cod Iwobi was their best attacking player.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

The tactics and team play is so so poor.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

SylverEagles wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Over 2 legs Arsenal will overcome the mighty Bate. That said this side is highly unlikely to win the EL. Teams that consistently fail to bury clear opportunities and simultaneously gift goals like Santa Claus on X-mas day will not win a EL nor finish in the top 4.
Where did you read that? He clearly said Arsenal wasn't while the others were - pointing the fingers squarely on the Arsenal Management.
What you mean by thriving?

One went to the play-off finals (or whatever that damn american thing is called) ones after centuries and got their asses handed to them and Arsenal won the FA cup three times but somehow they are thriving and Arsenal were not.

Sorry I really thought thriving is more like being cannon fodder for the likes of mighty Bate Borisov
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Iwobi was one of the better players today. Greated great chances for Kolasinac and Lacazette.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

if u no like am.........go and support totoham......we are afc
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

bk-one wrote:
Unlike many CE Gooners I from day one have said this team won't win EL or finish in the top 4, I have said from day one squad is full of front runners, full of one dimensional, highly flawed, overrated, inefficient players, a squad full of players that could not defend a fire hydrant

You engage in simplistic transference. Coach A did not succeed, Coach B did succeed ergo Coach A sucks, Coach B a godsend. Success not linear, live in era of instant gratification. Until Arsenal build a team that can defend at a remotely adequate level no manager can impose a genuine sound game plan. Arsenal will always play left handed until they can nullify teams consistently.

Say again It's laughable you did not even consider possibility of growing pains. Again success not linear. This team with not a single top quality winger on either flank, albatrosses such Mustafi, Xhaka, Kola, injuries to vital players, malcontents on insane wages I.e Ozil. Idea Emery should implement "a system" in face squad that has litany of said deficiencies, stamp out front runner culture, dramatically improve off the ball shambles and on top of that play champagne football reeks of just do A, B, C, D peak social media, simplicity.
Last edited by Tunisian Gooner on Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Gooner1 wrote:

God bless you :thumb:

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Let us go back 1 year ago. Arsenal vs Bate Borisov home/Away.

Arsenal play both matches with a plethora of second teamers, including U-23 players (AMN, Reiss Nelson, Joe Willock) in the AWAY match.

[/video]

[/video]

:clap:
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Gooner1 wrote:

:rotf:

Interesting choice of words. I must have used it on you many many times in the last 5 years as we were winning cups and appearing in finals.

Don't worry. I get me footballing joy from watching Shitty as a neutral. Nothing against Emeribe, but you brainwashed folks must admit that wenger was not as inept as advertised.

:taunt:
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Nkume wrote:Let us go back 1 year ago. Arsenal vs Bate Borisov home/Away.

Arsenal play both matches with a plethora of second teamers, including U-23 players (AMN, Reiss Nelson, Joe Willock) in the AWAY match.

[/video]

[/video]

Context matters.

You're ignoring that was the group stage. Arsenal great with 0 stakes, yet put Arsenal in high pressure situation on the road and our opponent is irrelevant, Bate or Brighton and Arsenal can lose.

This is as much culture as it is quality or tactics. Arsenal remain soft as butter.

What did you all expect?"

Gooners wanted change without the struggle, welp that was never going to happen.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:

[/video]

[/video]

Context matters.

You're ignoring that was the group stage. Arsenal great with 0 stakes, yet put Arsenal in high pressure situation on the road and our opponent is irrelevant, Bate or Brighton and Arsenal can lose.

This is as much culture as it is quality or tactics. Arsenal remain soft as butter.

Gooners wanted change without the struggle, welp that was never going to happen.
I never get tired of reading the excuses you guys were never willing to offer Wenger. Continue ...
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Nkume wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

[/video]

[/video]

Context matters.

I never get tired of reading the excuses you guys were never willing to offer Wenger. Continue ...
21 years vs 6 months...MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Detective Bunk Moreland

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

You mean even on this Valentine's Day ARSEnal couldn't master BATE :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

[/video]

[/video]

Context matters.

21 years vs 6 months...MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So now you insult my person? :clap: Continue ...
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Mister Dolly[/color] wrote: Iwobi is such an average player it's not even funny..once again he's put every foot wrong in a game where he is expected to show some level of dexterity...WTF
Is it on the player or the coach/team philosophy? How come Tottenham players continue to flourish, even those who were once considered rubbish while the good players in ARSEnal never sustain their form and you never get your academy players to flourish? Blaming and singling out players will not help you.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!