Requiem for Bielsa…next up Jesse James

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bielsa AKA The Guardfather set to join TBL

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:24 pm
mcal wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:01 pm
benteke wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:00 am The godfather has left Leeds by mutual consent
...I always admire that man the way he squats during a match, makes my knee hurt.
But the players failed him as was other fired managers, example Ole, his former side still slumping.
The players did not fail him. One of the things I have noticed about you on this forum is that you are poorly educated about the things you speak about. Your knowledge is severely lacking.

Leeds are where they are PRIMARILY because of injuries. Players cannot play if they are injured, in case you dont know.

The SECONDARY problem is Victor Orta and his poor ability as a director of football. Look at his purchases, even Dan James, they spend tens of millions for that one.

Finally, due to Bielsa's ability to raise the game of certain players, Leeds actually have a team of several division 2 and division 3 players! no kidding! :lol: Do you know Luke Ayling? The division 4 player who is playing outrageously above his capacity? Or Division 2 Suart Dallas and Liam Cooper and Klich? Or is it that division 3 child, Gelhardt, they just bought from Wigan last year who is leeding their line? :rotf: :rotf: This is not playstation. Players cannot give what they dont have.

Instead of Orta to help hide those issues the div 2,3 and 4 players have. He was spending money on summerville, Messlier, Firpo and Rodrigo. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: All these while their top striker was that horrid sh11t player, Patrick Bamford. :rotf:
:clap: :clap: Well said you sabi the game well well
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Leeds are where they are PRIMARILY because of injuries. Players cannot play if they are injured, in case you dont know.

The SECONDARY problem is Victor Orta and his poor ability as a director of football. Look at his purchases, even Dan James, they spend tens of millions for that one.

Finally, due to Bielsa's ability to raise the game of certain players, Leeds actually have a team of several division 2 and division 3 players! no kidding! :lol: Do you know Luke Ayling? The division 4 player who is playing outrageously above his capacity? Or Division 2 Suart Dallas and Liam Cooper and Klich? Or is it that division 3 child, Gelhardt, they just bought from Wigan last year who is leeding their line? :rotf: :rotf: This is not playstation. Players cannot give what they dont have.

Instead of Orta to help hide those issues the div 2,3 and 4 players have. He was spending money on summerville, Messlier, Firpo and Rodrigo. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: All these while their top striker was that horrid sh11t player, Patrick Bamford. :rotf:
Precisely.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

The players did not fail him. One of the things I have noticed about you on this forum is that you are poorly educated about the things you speak about. Your knowledge is severely lacking.
...projection, like Trump like you on this board.
This is what they say it means;

Projection is a defense mechanism people, in their mind, employ in order to cope with difficult feelings and/or emotions. This involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings.

Like I noted above just like Trump the coward who calls other people all sorts while he is the kingpin of the shiit he's projecting.
I bet you are one of them deplorable MAGAts on CE who disappeared and resurfaced with new handle.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mcal wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:32 pm

...projection, like Trump like you on this board.
This is what they say it means;

Projection is a defense mechanism people, in their mind, employ in order to cope with difficult feelings and/or emotions. This involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings.

Like I noted above just like Trump the coward who calls other people all sorts while he is the kingpin of the shiit he's projecting.
I bet you are one of them deplorable MAGAts on CE who disappeared and resurfaced with new handle.
Yen yen yen... smelly mouth. Quiet!

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

The Ivy League legend will put them back on track.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kalani JR wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:40 pm The Ivy League legend will put them back on track.
hes from my hometown, we produce many legends, him, caron butler, tony romo, ok not romo and myself.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Marcelo Bielsa transformed Leeds with decency, humility and hard work

To the outside, the adulation that Leeds United supporters hold for Marcelo Bielsa may appear strange, bordering on fanatical, perhaps even delusional. But to those who have followed his every move over four exhilarating years at Elland Road, his departure leaves a hole not only in the dugout but also in the heart.

In Chile, they call themselves “widows of Bielsa”. The same sentiment can be found at Marseille and Athletic Bilbao, teams who look back on the Argentinian’s time with wide eyes and palpable nostalgia. Leeds are at the beginning of this undoubtedly painful process, coming to terms with life post-Bielsa, a life that will never quite be the same again.

Discussing a football manager in such reverential terms might seem hyperbolic. However, what Bielsa has done for the club and the city in many ways transcends sport. He is a man who sees the corporate, avaricious, sportswashing modern game for what it is, yet managed to navigate his way through it all and still hold on to his principles: decency, humility and an unwavering work ethic.

Without wishing to get too existential, he has made fans question why they bother watching football in the first place. Is it for trophies? Not unless you follow a cabal of elite clubs. Is it about nicking a goal and holding on for a result? You might as well go balance the books in the boardroom. Is it about entertainment, identity and sticking two fingers up at anyone who calls you reckless? You bet.

It’s why Leeds supporters were still singing his name even after the poor performances that resulted in his cruel sacking. It’s why Leeds supporters will sing his name long after he has gone. It’s why England midfielder Kalvin Phillips wrote on Sunday: “You saw in me what I didn’t even see in myself.”

In many ways, the rise of Phillips embodies all the work Bielsa has done. Like most of the squad he inherited in 2018, Phillips was drifting, searching for his role in a team of misfiring misfits flailing for land in the bottom half of the Championship. Stuart Dallas was half the player he is now, Mateusz Klich was deemed surplus to the extent he had been shipped out by the previous regime on loan to Utrecht.

Within seven weeks of pre-season training, Bielsa transformed the group into an entirely new team. They were comfortable on the ball, played one- and two-touch cushions all over the pitch, and never stopped running. It was as if someone had finally found the mains supply at Elland Road, plugging the old ground directly into the Northern Northern Powergrid and sending a surge of voltage pulsing through brains and bones.

New players have joined, but the team that currently hovers over the Premier League relegation zone still holds core members of the first game against Stoke City. If loyalty has proved to be the undoing of Bielsa, it is surely a fatal flaw worth celebrating.

For all his idiosyncrasies, his trips to Costa Coffee and Morrisons, his former flat above a Wetherby sweet shop, what shone brightest was Bielsa’s humble perspective. During the pandemic, when Leeds lost many club legends and the whole world faced a daunting new reality, it was a comfort to many that a man of integrity was leading the club. Throughout his reign Bielsa never criticised a referee, never blamed VAR or spoke in negative terms about any individual. When “Spygate” rumbled on he publicly chastised himself and paid the fine out of his own pocket. He was a man you wanted in your corner when life was out of control.

Bielsa was the best possible manager for Leeds at the best possible time. After so many years of stagnation, years of waste and anger, he proved the perfect antidote. In the early days there were constant fears that he would simply leave, that the Leeds curse would snare him, yet he stuck to his beliefs even after a catastrophic end to his first season.

And it wasn’t the grenade-wielding, pitch-invading Bielsa of his youth. It was a man who knew this may be the last major test of his guiding principles, a final shot at showing the world how football should be played.

Rarely can there ever have been a greater connection between supporters and manager. More than anything, he has allowed fans to dream again. His sacking doesn’t simply feel like the loss of a genius manager, rather, the loss of an old friend.

So long, El Loco.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -hard-work
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

mcal wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:01 pm
benteke wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:00 am The godfather has left Leeds by mutual consent
...I always admire that man the way he squats during a match, makes my knee hurt.
But the players failed him as was other fired managers, example Ole, his former side still slumping.

Couldn’t agree more.

I expect to see the full scale decline of Leeds going forward.

They’ll need a total overhaul of the playing staff and they won’t because no other manager can work with the kind of basement level players Bielsa specializes in
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Marsch going full Jesse James at the King Power, 4-2-4 more often than not, frenetic, frenzied, nothing short of fisticuffs in a wild western boozer. Interesting watch. The positioning of Harrison and Raphinha especially. The latter seems a little less understanding of the role or more purposely inverted.

Leicester playing out from the back at times have invited trouble whilst the casual clearance from Kasper has bypassed the quartet at others. Shades of Big Ralph’s Soton, all be it slight.

Can Leeds maintain? And by George, Jeff and Archibald, they’re a bang average assembly of less than bang averages. If they can avoid the trapdoor this season it’s a feather in the cap of Yanky doodle.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Requiem for Bielsa…next up Jesse James

Post by Coach »

Wallop! Harvey Barnes at the ready. Plenty “soccer” from Jesse’s gunslingers but first blood drawn by the Brits (Lol).

Can the Lillies get it into the end zone before the full ninety?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

There needs to be an investigation on how these trash American players and coaches are getting jobs as football players and coaches in Europe.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

3 games in hand for many of the opposition, Yorkshire roses at half mast. Leeds are up against it.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

King Futcha wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:43 pm
kalani JR wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:40 pm The Ivy League legend will put them back on track.
hes from my hometown, we produce many legends, him, caron butler, tony romo, ok not romo and myself.
You're up there with him and Butler.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Meanwhile Bayern up by one already
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

txj wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:52 pm Meanwhile Bayern up by one already
“I’ll see that and raise you two” said Ejikemoh.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Another day another walloping for Captain America. More wizardry at wide receiver by the classy Coutinho. Big Matty Cash at the ready too. Bosh!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:36 am Another day another walloping for Captain America. More wizardry at wide receiver by the classy Coutinho. Big Matty Cash at the ready too. Bosh!
We are awaiting your comments on the Ejekemoh thread. Thanks! :taunt: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?