Liverpool 2018/19 season + Game Threads

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool 2018/19 season + Game Threads

Post by ohsee »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
ohsee wrote:Salah needs to get acquainted with the bench for the next few games. The guy was just terrible today. Never seen a top rated player play so badly. To imagine that last season people were comparing him to Messi? :roll: :roll:
I'm inclined to agree.

You gotta be kidding me!

All he's not doing is score, but he has MASSIVE influence on how the opponent plays the game...
My friend, he ruined at least three good chances when he chose to shoot instead of passing. And he can't pass the ball to save his life. His "massive influence on how the opponent plays the game" did not prevent Spurs from dominating in the second half or scoring , did it? I guess he has become the Ighalo of Liverpool. :lol: :lol:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

God please let Tottenham take points from City.
God please let Man United beat City. :lol: :lol:

Just to make sure, I am sacrificing two chickens to Amadioha. :taunt: :D
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ohsee wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
ohsee wrote:Salah needs to get acquainted with the bench for the next few games. The guy was just terrible today. Never seen a top rated player play so badly. To imagine that last season people were comparing him to Messi? :roll: :roll:
I'm inclined to agree.

You gotta be kidding me!

All he's not doing is score, but he has MASSIVE influence on how the opponent plays the game...
My friend, he ruined at least three good chances when he chose to shoot instead of passing. And he can't pass the ball to save his life. His "massive influence on how the opponent plays the game" did not prevent Spurs from dominating in the second half or scoring , did it? I guess he has become the Ighalo of Liverpool. :lol: :lol:
First, I'm not in the business of cliches...

You have to get into the right positions to be on the end of scoring chances; and he is...I'm confident he'll score...

Domination by Spurs in 2hf was about the MF, not Salah...

He's still LFC's top scorer...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:I thought Klopp was a little slow to bring on Fabinho...
A little!?!

I think many of us give too little credit to the trio of Gini, Hendo and Milner and what they bring to the game, besides their work rate...
i still think the qualities they don't bring outweigh what they contribute.
There are different ways to play the game. They control the MF territorially, GAME AFTER GAME...Even against Bayern and against City over 3 games last season and one game this season....

I love the technical control in MF, but I also have a healthy respect for an approach based on the counterpress. Liverpool ae the best team in Europe on the counterpress....

You have to use what you have; at least until the likes of Keita get fully bedded in...
I hear what you're saying but the Ox started all those games vs City; and Henderson was subbed out very early for Fabinho against Bayern.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
A little!?!

I think many of us give too little credit to the trio of Gini, Hendo and Milner and what they bring to the game, besides their work rate...
There are different ways to play the game. They control the MF territorially, GAME AFTER GAME...Even against Bayern and against City over 3 games last season and one game this season....

I love the technical control in MF, but I also have a healthy respect for an approach based on the counterpress. Liverpool ae the best team in Europe on the counterpress....

You have to use what you have; at least until the likes of Keita get fully bedded in...
I hear what you're saying but the Ox started all those games vs City; and Henderson was subbed out very early for Fabinho against Bayern.

But even with Ox, LFC's MF is not based on technical control, but territorial, and the ability to transition quickly from the counterpress.

I too get frustrated with Hendo, but these guys do bring a lot to the way the team plays, even with their technical weaknesses...

How many matches this season have they been dominated thru the entire game? Not many....That should count for something; no?

Today, Hendo was a key part of the 1hf dominance. The control evaporated in 2hf, but for me, it was more to do with Klopp not reacting quickly enough to Toto's change of shape to push Rose high and central...

True he reshaped the high press- remember Hendo going to the sideline to get the instructions...But by then spurs had scored...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
A little!?!

But even with Ox, LFC's MF is not based on technical control, but territorial, and the ability to transition quickly from the counterpress.

I too get frustrated with Hendo, but these guys do bring a lot to the way the team plays, even with their technical weaknesses...

How many matches this season have they been dominated thru the entire game? Not many....That should count for something; no?

Today, Hendo was a key part of the 1hf dominance. The control evaporated in 2hf, but for me, it was more to do with Klopp not reacting quickly enough to Toto's change of shape to push Rose high and central...

True he reshaped the high press- remember Hendo going to the sideline to get the instructions...But by then spurs had scored...
Very few. Napoli and PSG away. They were also somewhat lacking vs City away - Fabinho's substitute appearance improved Liverpool's fortunes. Basically at the very highest level it's a trio that will almost certainly be found wanting.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:What a game!

Spurs truly pushed us...
Spurs were fantastic in the 2nd half. Sissoko should have buried that chance but it was SUPERB defending from VVD to force him into shooting rather than passing.

That piece of defending is one for the history books.

But Liverpool concede goals from an overconfidence in the defence..
I showed my 2 kids who had both play the game the replay of that 2 V 1. VVD was superb. Fabinho should have been brought in earlier. Henderson was good 1st half but couldn’t break up play in 2nd. He was late to everything.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
A little!?!

Spurs scored right after the instruction from Klopp. Henderson was slow to prevent that quick free kick. Same thing happened for Bayern game. Concentration is key at all times. Ox started both games agains city and aroma at anfield. I like the 3 at home against the big teams. Away they suffer because they can’t control tempo.
Anyway, a little reshape is needed against Southampton because Southampton will sit deep. And whoever says to sit salah does not know the game. Concentration on him by the defense help free the others.
kokolevel
Egg
Egg
What Liverpool manager told players after 2:1win over spur

Post by kokolevel »

As Tottenham are now in serious danger of crashing out of the top four as they remain level on points with Manchester United and could be usurped by north London rivals Arsenal into third should the Gunners beat Newcastle on Monday.

Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, told his players that winning was more important than playing well after his side moved back top of the table in dramatic fashion with a 2-1 win over Tottenham spur at Anfield on Sunday

“If we are top of the table after the last matchday it would be a championship of will.” Liverpool’s hopes of ending a 29-year wait to win the title looked set to be dealt a massive blow as Lucas Moura’s strike 20 minutes from time cancelled out Roberto Firmino’s early opener”

https://kokolevel.com/2019/04/what-live ... tottenham/
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Here we go again. Keita and Fabinho both start. Hopefully get us in the forward foot. Gotta win this one to stay in the race. Let’s go Redmen! YNWA....
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Keita isn't looking disciplined at all!
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

His awareness is horrible. He just jogged on and watched the play develop
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Why does Klopp always smile like he just pharted, when his team concedes?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

So Keita scored and the haters vanish
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

danfo driver wrote:Why does Klopp always smile like he just pharted, when his team concedes?
Alexander Arnold is not a good player. Ebuehi is ten times better.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

36 mins
GOAL - Southampton 1-1 Liverpool
Naby Keita
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Bigpokey24 wrote:So Keita scored and the haters vanish
There is no vanish. The point is, he is such a good player on the ball but poor off it. So he needs to do what he does best and come out of his shell.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Bigpokey24 wrote:36 mins
GOAL - Southampton 1-1 Liverpool
Naby Keita
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

tied on goals with Scott McTominay

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Well done boys!!

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:Well done boys!!
Well fought win. So'ton have improved immensely.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...small teams score early goal vs bigger side they start jumping like they just won the whole shebang. Every observer knew Liverpool will somehow come back.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:Well done boys!!
Well fought win. So'ton have improved immensely.

Always knew it would be a tough game. So'ton is one team to watch next season. And you know they will get the recruitment right..

Really like hasenhüttl...

Hope folks can appreciate a bit what the likes of Henderson bring to the game. He and Milner changed the game completely...