2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT vs WHU [WK 36]

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:
kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:How long did it take for them to lose in their statdium? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: not up to 5 home games
Pajimoh remember my earlier post that you felt I was being harsh... This is one reason.
I remember but don't lower yourself to his standard. He doesn't realise he's a slave to Danfo's "curse" rhetoric. He sees Danfo as his "Oga". Shame dat.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

http://www.espn.com/soccer/ajax-amsterd ... r-comments

Ajax Coach tells Poch to stop whining :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [CL] TOT vs AJX [SM 1L]

Post by Its a Goal »

Finally the day that we have all dreamt of but never thought we'll see anytime soon has arrived upon us. Playing a champions league semi-final match on our own ground. 180 minutes away from glory. It has been a very emotional period for players and staff. For the past week the thought of the players has been on this day, the day when they face Ajax for a place in the final of the CL. They couldn't fully concentrate on the match over the weekend and even played with an abundance of caution as none of them wanted to get injured.

Against Ajax we are facing the biblical David of this tournament. On their path to this stage they slayed the likes of Real Madrid and Juventus. They have shown no fear and are very resilient with their play. They will come out gun blazing as they will want to prove that their journey to this stage is no fluke. A lot of the players are currently playing for a new job offer and there is no better opportunity to showcase your talent than to get a famous victory at the New Lane.

Killing Ajax dream of mauling another victim would have been made easier had we had the compliment of a full team but alas it is not to be. It won't be Spurs if everything goes according to plan. Unfortunately we will have to go about this challenge the hard way. Out of the tie are Son (suspended), Kane (ankle), Winks (groin), Lamela and Aurier (who knows). We have to go into this match with a patched up team. Returning to action are Sissoko and Jan which should ease the pressure on the midfield. The absence of these 2 makes us vulnerable and weak in the midfield as we don't have an enforcer in Sissoko to launch the ball forward nor someone to break up the opposition's play. Jan's presence in the team means the likes of Eriksen and Dele don't have to do a lot of defending.

The lineup I expect to see tomorrow should be overtly offensive as Poch is not going to sit back and get away with a 1 goal win. I anticipate both sides scoring but the idea is to reduce the amount of goals we concede. My lineup for tomorrow will be:

• Moura
    • Dele * Eriksen
  • Rose * Wanyama * Sissoko

Davies * Jan * Toby * Foyth
      • Lloris

The choice is between going with a back 3 or flat 4. I believe Poch will go with the 4 as the option upfront is somewhat limited, which a 3 at the back will afford. In the midfield Wanyama is more dynamic offensively than Dier although both are still working their way back to full match fitness which often leads them to make some positional errors. I have gone with Wanyama due to what he brings to the team when we are chasing a goal. Danny will continue his transformation to a midfielder as he is a threat to the opposition going forward.

However way the night pans out we will all be singing ourselves hoarse as we bask in the glory of this magical night. Let's just hope the night ends on a satisfactory note. COYS!!!
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I see Ajax beating craps today
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

So many key injuries. Winks is out for the season. Kane and Son not available. I don't know we will do it. Put the best team we have out there and pray for the best result. We really needed a break and strengthening of the team.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:So many key injuries. Winks is out for the season. Kane and Son not available. I don't know we will do it. Put the best team we have out there and pray for the best result. We really needed a break and strengthening of the team.
No matter what, a fans heart will always hope even if you put out 5 one legged players. But you're right, the missing personnel makes it a daunting task. Ajax are young, vibrant, highly skilled and resilient. Semi final is no shame but HOPE REMAINS... TGBATG, COYS
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cristao II wrote:So many key injuries. Winks is out for the season. Kane and Son not available. I don't know we will do it. Put the best team we have out there and pray for the best result. We really needed a break and strengthening of the team.
ta ni We? :roll:
SuperEagles

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Spurs have performed credibly this season! props to them
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

marko wrote:Spurs have performed credibly this season! props to them
really, they only qualified with 8 points and had a lucky run vs City
SuperEagles

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Guys in keeping with my jewish heritage I feel like Ajax is who I'm compelled to support.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
marko wrote:Spurs have performed credibly this season! props to them
really, they only qualified with 8 points and had a lucky run vs City
Na jealousy go kill you. We beat Inter, we beat Dortmund We beat PSV or who ever it is. We beat Man City over two legs. Luckily or not, we made the semis. Deal with it shirtlifter. :tic: :taunt:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ajax didn't lose a game in the group stages, only lost once to Real.. the beatings spurs go chop today :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

Its a Goal wrote:
:boo:

.... Arsenal for life ! :D
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i find it pathetic seeing spurs in the champs league semis... they look so out of place... this is like thaiti at the confed
SuperEagles

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

As I suspected Poch is going for broke. He is gambling on the team scoring early and a lot so that he can shore up the defense in the second half.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Its a Goal wrote:As I suspected Poch is going for broke. He is gambling on the team scoring early and a lot so that he can shore up the defense in the second half.
:lol: :lol: :lol: try that against Ajaxs, them your eyes go open. Ajax will so beat the crap out of spurs today
SuperEagles

Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

Its a Goal wrote:As I suspected Poch is going for broke. He is gambling on the team scoring early and a lot so that he can shore up the defense in the second half.
Going for broke? If hin no play the crap players in that yeye line up, who hin for play? :sneaky:
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Make i balance watch dis Ajax team well well. :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:i find it pathetic seeing spurs in the champs league semis... they look so out of place... this is like thaiti at the confed

Gaddem :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

So, it's settled we're rooting for the Dutch team yes? :)
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

pajimoh wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:How long did it take for them to lose in their statdium? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: not up to 5 home games
Pajimoh remember my earlier post that you felt I was being harsh... This is one reason.
I remember but don't lower yourself to his standard. He doesn't realise he's a slave to Danfo's "curse" rhetoric. He sees Danfo as his "Oga". Shame dat.
Some of you are something else,you go to beloved thread laugh at us and i came do the same.If you look at all beloved fans you will notice i am the fair guy who will praise your team when they do well.
Dont take football matters serious to go personal but i will be surprise if you dont base on your last statement.
Any well good luck to your team against Ajax..
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

TGBATG. COYS. GIVE IT YOUR BEST