2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Post by Its a Goal »

A new season is upon us and for the first time in history Tottenham decided to bulk the trend and show why we are known as Spur. There is only 1 HotSpur. We lead we don't follow. Levy refused to pay over the odds for a Championship player who will at best be a squad player if he had joined us. That was the bad news. The good news is the likes of Toby, Dembele and Rose were rumored to be off once the transfer window opened but alas they are still very much around. The exact squad from last season will go about business this season and should definitely go 2 better at the end of the season.

Against Newcastle it won't be easy. Newcastle players have settled their bonus issue and are happy once again. Most of our first team players had a long WC outing and won't be ready to start the season. They will need at least an extra week to regain their sharpness coupled with the fact that Wanyama, Winks, Lamela and Sissoko are all out due to injury. Unless Harry Kane suffers 2 broken legs nothing is going to stop him from starting and scoring tomorrow. That would be another feather in his cap as it will mark the first time he will score a league goal in August.

For the lineup, it will be very tricky. I trust Poch to incorporate a few of the youth players, blend them with fringe players and our WC stars. The lineup I'll be expecting is:

• Kane
  • Dele * Moura
    • Eriksen
  • Walker * Amos

Davis * Jan * Sanchez * Aurier
    • Vorm

As much as I'd like to see Toby play I feel Poch will continue to bench him, likewise Rose and Dembele.

Glad the season is back. Come on lads. Give us something to delighted about. COYS!
Last edited by Its a Goal on Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:41 am, edited 59 times in total.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tottenham 2018/2019 Season: [PL] New - Tot [R1]

Post by Riche007 »

You guys need to quit that $@#% of consolidating all games in one thread. There's enough bandwidth.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Hey IAG. Good one. I didn't want to open this thread because I doubt I would watch all the matches. May I suggest that you leave the first post for overall season gist and post the magnificent OP in another post.

Also ignore the naysayers referring to the one thread for the season. I much prefer it.

That said I look forward to this season. The one quality we need this season is patience. I look forward to seeing how Amos, Skipp, Onomah contribute this season.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Riche007 wrote:You guys need to quit that $@#% of consolidating all games in one thread. There's enough bandwidth.
Look at this mugu :rotf: Did you think before writing this? So no be bandwidth we dey use to contribute to the same thread? Someone is always trying to tell other what to do.

Back to Spurs. Not bothered we didn't but for the sake of buying. I complained before the wc that having about 10of your first teamers at the wc will affect pre season. Eight of them went on to play in the semi finals. Son also off to Asia games

The good news, short break coming. Hopefully most will not play for national teams.
The hottest stadium in Europe to open this season :thumbs:

COYS. TGBATG.

Huri-Kane to blow in August.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Spurs had 9 players involved in the semi-finals of the world cup who only returned to training this week.
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

8 consecutive seasons playing opening game away from home. Second consecutive seasons playing Newcastle on opening day and a total of 4 games against Newcastle on opening day.

Someone is taking the P!$$
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

toyin133 wrote:Spurs had 9 players involved in the semi-finals of the world cup who only returned to training this week.
At least 3 of those will not finish the game. I just want maximum fantasy league points beyond 65 minutes
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Key to victory will be the sharpness of the players. Have the players rested enough? I have no doubt if we get off to a good start it would be hard for Newcastle to get back into the game.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Hey IAG. Good one. I didn't want to open this thread because I doubt I would watch all the matches. May I suggest that you leave the first post for overall season gist and post the magnificent OP in another post.

Also ignore the naysayers referring to the one thread for the season. I much prefer it.

That said I look forward to this season. The one quality we need this season is patience. I look forward to seeing how Amos, Skipp, Onomah contribute this season.
Hey bro, thanks for the shout out. Is there another Spur related thread for the season? I didn't see one. As for the naysayers I don't even bother with them as they are looking for relevance :mrgreen:.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Starting 11 contains

2 world cup captains. (1 trophy winner and a golden boot winner)

4 semi finalists with one bronze medal winner.

Tiredness? ....... TGBATG. COYS
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Its a Goal wrote:A new season is upon us and for the first time in history Tottenham decided to bulk the trend and show why we are known as Spur.!
:curse: :curse:
new season, new me
this year i am taking NO prisoners...you guys should know better

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
Last edited by tfco on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:A new season is upon us and for the first time in history Tottenham decided to bulk the trend and show why we are known as Spur.!
new season, new me
this year i am taking NO prisoners...yu guys should know better

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
O God. :shock: Ghanaian Freddy Krueger is back. Nightmare on CE site. Mods :tic:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Hey IAG. Good one. I didn't want to open this thread because I doubt I would watch all the matches. May I suggest that you leave the first post for overall season gist and post the magnificent OP in another post.

Hey bro, thanks for the shout out. Is there another Spur related thread for the season? I didn't see one. As for the naysayers I don't even bother with them as they are looking for relevance :mrgreen:.
There is no other Spurs related thread. I am quietly confident and patient.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

pajimoh wrote:
tfco wrote:
new season, new me
this year i am taking NO prisoners...yu guys should know better

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
O God. :shock: Ghanaian Freddy Krueger is back. Nightmare on CE site. Mods :tic:
Nightmares are meant to be scary - this one qualifies to be something else. He is more like Dino Melaye...

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

By Jove, that third kit is an eyesore - teal with a map of North London on it!! :lol: :@ The kits this season have been disgusting.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]tfco[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: A new season is upon us and for the first time in history Tottenham decided to bulk the trend and show why we are known as Spur.!
new season, new me
this year i am taking NO prisoners...you guys should know better

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
Shorty how was summer? Where did you spend it? I bet Kumasi was OK to be in but nothing beats been in Russia :P.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: By Jove, that third kit is an eyesore - teal with a map of North London on it!! :lol: :@ The kits this season have been disgusting.
Tell me about it. The only jersey I like this season is the gold and black training kit. To a smaller extent the blue jersey is not that bad looking when you wear it.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:By Jove, that third kit is an eyesore - teal with a map of North London on it!! :lol: :@ The kits this season have been disgusting.
The kits are ok. Third kit is not bad. It's about acknowledging our roots. It's a deviation from the norm with the area map on the third kit and GPS coordinates of the new stadium on the home kit
Last edited by pajimoh on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Tottenham kickoff and Sissoko already fouled at the edge of Newcastle's 18.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cristao II wrote:Hey IAG. Good one. I didn't want to open this thread because I doubt I would watch all the matches. May I suggest that you leave the first post for overall season gist and post the magnificent OP in another post.

I like Onomah a lot. The boy has a huge future, he has that potential to be a very good player indeed.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Eriksen forces a save.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Sancheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez