2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [CL] TOT vs PSV [RD 4]

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:Yup we won. Inter drew with Barcelona
we needed a barca win. Very tight for qualification
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [CL] TOT vs PSV [RD 4]

Post by tfco »

does this win mean you're a shoe in for Europa football??

:rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [PL] CYP vs PSV [RD 12]

Post by Its a Goal »

Last match before the international break. A match that we have to end on a high to showcase that the players are worthy of being considered international players. Argentina just called up the trio of Gazzanigga, Foyth and Lamela into their squad. Lucas Moura has been recalled to Brazil while the usual suspects are going to be in their respective national team. Truly Mauricio Pochettino is a magic man.

Against Palace we have to be ruthless. Even though it is another London derby and Chelsea struggled initially against them last week we can't afford to be complacent by letting them have a go at us. The likes of Kane, Dele, Lamela, Moura and Son have to take their opportunity and not squander it. Palace doesn't score a lot of goals but they like to give their opponents something to think about. This time let us give them so much to worry about.

Injury wise, we are in a mini crisis. Dembele out, same with Rose and Jan. Wanyama and Dier should be close to fitness but may not be ready to make a comeback today. The bulk of our injuries concentrates on the midfield, which means Winks will continue to get games to aid his rapid development.

Although I did not watch the match against PSV extensively, from reports and analysis of the match Aurier didn't have a great game. Getting subbed for Trippier when he wasn't injured tells the story. Foyth made his debut last week and had a great 70 minutes a last 20 to forget. Gazza is showing his potential and saw him make some point blank saves. Unfortunately I don't expect to see Gazza start as Lloris is still on top of his game.

Good luck to the boys. COYS!!!
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dele in the squad and starting, Foyth also starts but Sanchez nowhere to be seen. Eriksen, Son and Winks on the bench. Dier is back from injury. Strong midfield of Wanyama and Sissoko but not a lot of creativity from them.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Zaha absent for Palace.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It is raining heavily. In these conditions a lot of mistakes will tend to occur.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Sissoko with some neat footwork to almost get a goal.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

We need a LB this January.

Trippier down. Aurier will have to come on.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dele misdirected his header to deny the first goal of the match.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane with an opportunist chance. Keeper parries.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:We need a LB this January.

All the players that have barely had a rest since the WC are dropping like flies. No week goes by we don't have an injury
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs threatening the goal of CP but they refuse to yield.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: We need a LB this January.

All the players that have barely had a rest since the WC are dropping like flies. No week goes by we don't have an injury
Exactly.. Who knows how long Trippier will be out.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Half time. Goalless.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

See Lloris flapping the ball.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

We keep giving away corner kicks.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The way we've been struggling of late, I have a feeling about this game. The only reason we are still in it is cos Zaha is missing. We are playing very poorly
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Its a Goal wrote:See Lloris flapping the ball.
Seems he’s in a perpetual state of drunkenness. :lol:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Thank goodness Palace has been wasting all of them but we have to smarten up fast before they learn how to use it.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Thunder[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:S
ee Lloris flapping the ball.
Seems he’s in a perpetual state of drunkenness. :lol:
I am beginning to wonder if he takes a quick shot before matches now.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote: The way we've been struggling of late, I have a feeling about this game. The only reason we are still in it is cos Zaha is missing. We are playing very poorly
I won't say so. We don't have any creative midfielder on the pitch. Even if Zaha was on the pitch it would still be the same result.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Moura gets an elbow to the face. Looks like he is struggling. Maybe contuse.