2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [PL] BHA vs TOT [RD 6]

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:What a goal. Lamela. Worked from the back to the net. Well done lads.
TGBTG. A bit of breathing space
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

We have to slow the game down and not concede.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lamela should have laid the ball off to Dele instead of trying to get the glory.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane is back. I knew he would play himself back into match fitness.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

On this performance fans will demand Gazza should always start ahead of Vorm.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane couldn't find his scoring boot which ended up exposing the back and BHA took advantage.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Oh my. We almost lost the 2 points. We have to close out this match. Ref blow whistle jare.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

:woot: Brighton is one useless team .... TOTO is useless
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:Oh my. We almost lost the 2 points. We have to close out this match. Ref blow whistle jare.
So BHA score? Kai, Spurs sef. We no fit win games by a lone goal anymore? Anyway sha we give thanks to the Almighty for the 3 points. Manure chop cane there.
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Good result.
Very pleased to see Knockaert scored as he went through mental illness recently.
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Good win on the road for Spurs on to Huddersfield next Saturday and hopefully we can nick another 3 points whether we play pretty or ugly does not bother me just chalk up the points and be there among the top 5 by the Christmas rush. Anyway, I watched Barcelona against Girona last night and I concluded that we need Lloris back, Alderweild and Vertoghen playing plus Dele Alli and Kane performing at optimum in order to get anything out of the game. I don't see us beating them under any guise (I pray am wrong) but I have seen teams lose first two games of CL group stage and still qualify. COYS!!
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:Good win on the road for Spurs on to Huddersfield next Saturday and hopefully we can nick another 3 points whether we play pretty or ugly does not bother me just chalk up the points and be there among the top 5 by the Christmas rush. Anyway, I watched Barcelona against Girona last night and I concluded that we need Lloris back, Alderweild and Vertoghen playing plus Dele Alli and Kane performing at optimum in order to get anything out of the game. I don't see us beating them under any guise (I pray am wrong) but I have seen teams lose first two games of CL group stage and still qualify. COYS!!
Dude as much as I don't like spurs but Barca will be playing their first toughest game against this spurs team.Girona is a poor team,should have beat this Barca at home.Dont mind the Inter Miland results,Spurs were thinking it will be easy game,now they know the barca game is one tough game and plus your coach don't like Barca.Expect him to man handle Barca with his tactics,play Barca like you play the Manu game and it will be over.Dont respect them watch out for dive and don't give Messi respect.Roma beat them silly.People write Liverpool off against PSG and we know how it happen.
So spurs should go for a win,last year Real did not have answer against this spurs team.You guys should be thinking going for the CL trophy nothing wrong dreaming.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It's coming together slowly but surely.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:Image

where is this? Definitely not the new stadium
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Image

I think it is.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [EFL C] TOT vs WAT [RD 3]

Post by Its a Goal »

It's Spursday. Yeah.

Riding high on the back of a massive and much needed victory, we are going into this match against Watford to seek revenge. Well not exactly, but it is an opportunity to show what happened first time was a mistake that won't happen again. We are playing away at home if that makes any sense. We are playing at MK Don's stadium since Wembley wasn't allowed to be used to host the match.

Although Poch doesn't fancy little trophies like this I believe he is going to change his mind this time around as he knows he needs to deliver something meaningful at the end of the season. Winning this will take the heat off him.

On the injury front we have no fresh players to report being on the nursing table. Vorm likely out, Lloris still recovering from his drunk induced strain (1 more week to go I believe), and Sissoko are the only ones to worry about.

Poch in his press interview for this match reiterated the need for rotation so expect to see the fringe players getting a start. Dembele will definitely be rested as he has played a lot of matches already. Kane will lead out the team and likely the fullbacks will be rotated. The lineup will be highly difficult to predict but I feel this is what to expect against a highly stubborn and difficult Watford:

• Kane

• Dele * Son

Wanyama * Moura * Winks

KWP * Toby * Sanchez * Aurier

• Gazzanigga

Let us make no mistake about it, Watford will be a hard customer come tomorrow. I expect them to line up an equally strong side especially as the tie is only for 90 minutes with no overtime nor replay. All the same I will be rooting for the lads and will be hoping for victory. COYS!!!

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:

I think it is.
Definitely not. Maybe Milton Keynes Stadium for the clash against Watford but not our stadium. They ate laying the grass next week and our stadium is about 5 floors.

[/video]
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote:

I think it is.
Definitely not. Maybe Milton Keynes Stadium for the clash against Watford but not our stadium. They ate laying the grass next week and our stadium is about 5 floors.

[/video]
You are right. It appears as it is Milton Keynes.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

I think it is.

[/video]
You are right. It appears as it is Milton Keynes.
It's not even MK

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane not in the squad, Llorente on the bench, Sissioko back, Dele captain. Not a particularly balanced team. Good luck lads.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Glad to have moved on to the next round by the scrap of our teeth. Performance wasn't good but considering we are still playing home away, multiple changes and many of those who played were not exactly match fit, we have to accept whatever good fortune we get. On to round 4.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [PL] HUD vs TOT [RD 7]

Post by Its a Goal »

No Dele, no Eriksen. Lloris close to fitness and may not be back today. We are not at full strength however we should be able to get through today. COYS!