2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [PL] CAD vs TOT [RD 21]

Post by Cristao II »

Good game. Boys were clearly tired but they managed it. We really need CMs in. If Llorente is leaving, another forward if Pochettino doesn't trust Janssen. It is funny he gave Sissoko, Rose and Alderwiereld another chance but not Janssen. Bizarre. Wonder what he did.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Good game. Boys were clearly tired but they managed it. We really need CMs in. If Llorente is leaving, another forward if Pochettino doesn't trust Janssen. It is funny he gave Sissoko, Rose and Alderwiereld another chance but not Janssen. Bizarre. Wonder what he did.
I believe it has to do with attitude and aptitude. Sissoko is a classic case in example. If you when he first joined and didn't get any playing time, he complained bitterly to the press and Poch came to say he was lazy in training and didn't deserve a spot on the team. After a few months he began to get a spot on the bench and making substitution appearances then finally getting a starting spot. Despite the fact that fans were calling for his head anytime he made a mistake Poch persisted with him because he was happy with the effort he was putting in both in training and on the field. He told him not to be over elaborate and keep it simple and that is what he did all last season. This season Poch has taken the shackles off him and allowed him a freer role to express himself and the benefit is what we are seeing now.

Janssen would have been given his opportunity had he worked his socks off in training, quit whining and apply himself 110% when given the chance. Poch's record with players is consistent and it is easy to see why certain players get preferential treatment over others.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Really happy this schedule is over. 12 points out of 15 ain't bad. The only loss was a result of the lads not finishing off the job earlier as they did today. On to the next match. Into the FA Cup we go. Tranmere Rovers comes up next on Friday. A good opportunity to give the fringe players a chance to get some playing time and rest the first team players ahead of the first leg Carabao Cup against Chelsea a week from today.

The likes of Gazzanigga, KWP, Foyth, Skipp, Nkoudou, Georgeu and Amos should all have a start.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [FAC] TMR vs TOT [RD 3]

Post by Its a Goal »

After grueling schedule the first teamers will have a chance to get a rest before they go into the next 2 heavy battles. This will be a chance for the fringe players and academy youths to show they are good enough to stay with the team and should be considered for first team action. The likes of Anthony Georgiou, Bamidele, Llorente and Nkoudou should get a run out. In should return the likes of Gazzanigga, Foyth, Skipp, KWP and Aurier, if fit. Dele might also get a run out to continue his road to match fitness. Llorente has to show his qualities by having a field day scoring.

Although it is a cup that MoPo is not too excited about it is one that the fans will care about and want to have in their cabinet. For this reason the team has to go out and put on a performance that will make us all proud of them.

COYS!!!

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

TGBATG, COYS
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Fairly strong side. Dele starts, as I suspected, and captains too. Llorente starts too. Is it 3 at back with Foyth, Sanchez and Davies since KWP can't be RB as Aurier starts? Is Davies moving to DM so that KWP stays as LB? That has to be the logical thing since Skipp is the only DM in the side. Strong bench to come in to save the day if the game is going egg shaped.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

If that Mcnulty guy can play for Tranmere, there is still hope for me yet. Time to go look for my old boots
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Moura should be embarrassed by that
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Aurier breaks the deadlock
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Llorente makes it 2
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Moura was taken out by the GK but the ref has taken pity on Tranmere and refused to give a penalty
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Aurier scored his second and Son made it 4
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

George Marsh comes on for Son
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

It's getting difficult to keep up with the score, Llorente has just scored another 2, the first with an assist from Skipp
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

I really don't understand why, but Kane has come on for Llorente
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Eyoma on for Sanchez
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Kane makes it 7, ref should blow the whistle to save Tranmere from further punishment
Danny Blanchflower
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Very lovely game to watch. Nice to see Marsh and Eyoma make their debuts albeit in relaxed circumstances. KWP has come on in leaps and bounds. Skipp may not have a better career than Scott Parker. He needs to be more aware of what is around him. HE should ask Winks for tips.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

toyin133 wrote:I really don't understand why, but Kane has come on for Llorente
toyin133 wrote:Kane makes it 7, ref should blow the whistle to save Tranmere from further punishment
there's your answer

pad his stats

:roll:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

tfco wrote:
toyin133 wrote:Kane makes it 7, ref should blow the whistle to save Tranmere from further punishment
there's your answer

pad his stats

And this bothers you because?
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Still in all 4 competitions. Way to go guys. I wonder what some midget ARSE fans have to say about their own team.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

toyin133 wrote:
tfco wrote:
there's your answer

pad his stats

And this bothers you because?
Jealousy is very strong in that one. :roll: He knows uselesskaku can't pad his stats even if you give him factory loads of tampons :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!