2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT vs MAN [WK 22]

Post by Its a Goal »

Gosh. Verts can't run. Lloris can't keep.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

All started from that gifter.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

That Pogba pass though. Kai.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Trippier the gift that keeps giving... Wa sere my boy
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Its a Goal wrote:Gosh. Verts can't run. Lloris can't keep.
How many people can keep up with the English typhoon?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Daniel Levy this is your wakeup call. We need players. The fact that we don't have a DM to call upon after Sissoko went off is quite telling.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

green4life wrote:What a goal by Rashford. Wow.
Own goal by shaitford? :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Rashy is on fire... Another Mom is on the card... He smoked Verto like Benson and Hedges

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

HAHAHAHA
LILY LIVERED

they are Lily Livered - we will beat them

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Rashy boy!!!!! What a player, what a gem.

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

oloye wrote:Rashy is on fire... Another Mom is on the card... He smoked Verto like Benson and Hedges
Speed kills and the the young man has too much.
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Kai, what a goal!!
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I have no confidence apart from hope that we can come back. We have to switch to a 4231. Dele and Winks with Eriksen, Lamela, Son behind Kane. We have been badly let down by the English players in this game. Alli and Kane seem disinterested. Winks nervous and Trippier ... well .. no comment.

Can Spurs come back? Yes but it looks like Spurs are seriously weak in midfield. No Dier, No Wanyama, No Dembele and now no Sissoko. Damn!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

As soon as I saw that one on one between Rashy and Verto with acres of space to burn... I knew it was a matter between Rashy and Lloris.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I also don't understand why Jan is playing this game. Same thing with Arsenal. He is not fit.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Its a Goal wrote:Daniel Levy this is your wakeup call. We need players. The fact that we don't have a DM to call upon after Sissoko went off is quite telling.
Welcome to building a stadium.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I know Poch likes his favored pairing of Verts and Toby but the fact that Verts has been out so long while Sanchez has been having a solid partnership with Toby should have meant he continued with that partnership especially with players who are so fast and dynamic. Trippier has been shyte since the beginning of the season and today he has given away a goal. KWP meanwhile has produced 3 assist in one match all under 30 minutes. Even when Sissoko went down he should have trusted Skipp to take his place to solidify the midfield instead of Lamela. Alternatively bring on Danny, switch Davies to CB and push Verts into the midfield.

Aargh. Just so annoying.

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

we should be 3-0 up

they are Lily Livered - we will beat them

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cristao II wrote:I also don't understand why Jan is playing this game. Same thing with Arsenal. He is not fit.
Maybe he is the best you have, in fairness to him that goal has nothing to do with fitness... Rashy will burn him alive fit or unfit. Strange you guys are blaming the wrong horse and not the guy who stupidly gave the ball away. The pass and the pace of Rashy did him in not the lack of fitness. He has played well so far

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Its a Goal wrote:I know Poch likes his favored pairing of Verts and Toby but the fact that Verts has been out so long while Sanchez has been having a solid partnership with Toby should have meant he continued with that partnership especially with players who are so fast and dynamic. Trippier has been shyte since the beginning of the season and today he has given away a goal. KWP meanwhile has produced 3 assist in one match all under 30 minutes. Even when Sissoko went down he should have trusted Skipp to take his place to solidify the midfield instead of Lamela. Alternatively bring on Danny, switch Davies to CB and push Verts into the midfield.

Aargh. Just so annoying.
8 out of 10 of anyone in that situation would get burnt... You have to also give credit to Rashy, he took a good shot from a tight angle, it is rare to score from that angle. Nothing on Verto... Nothing at all. There is a reason it is said that you do not make silly mistakes at this level, it is because you get punished. Blame it on Trippier

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:I also don't understand why Jan is playing this game. Same thing with Arsenal. He is not fit.
Maybe he is the best you have, in fairness to him that goal has nothing to do with fitness... Rashy will burn him alive fit or unfit. Strange you guys are blaming the wrong horse and not the guy who stupidly gave the ball away. The pass and the pace of Rashy did him in not the lack of fitness. He has played well so far
Sanchez can keep up with Rashford. Trippier is an angel*. Aurier and KWP are injured. Only hope we have is to outscore United. I am doubtful as the forwards have been poor first half.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

oloye wrote:
Kpom. The bulk of the credit goes to the execution by Pogba and Rashford. That pass and the finish were something else.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane with a chance. DeGea saves.