2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [CL] AJX vs TOT [SM 2L]

Post by theYemster »

kajifu wrote:
theYemster wrote:Congrats to Spurs. I knew they had a chance cos this Ajax team seemed to play their best away from home.

Now here's hoping Liverpool win the whole bloody thing cos CE will be unbearable otherwise.
Hopefully but dont count spurs out,i tip them to beat Liverpool.
This show all that noise spend money to compete is an Arsenal noise.Spurs did not buy single player the last two transfer
Arsenal allowed themselves to fall so far behind due to misplaced sentiments and poor decisions.

Hopefully we start our self corrective measures.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]marko[/color] wrote: POCH for Barcelona perhaps??
Never will happen. His loyalty to Espanyol will not let him take the job. The only job he will consider is Real and that is gone.
Lousy coach.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Happy for Tottenham and the CE fanbase.

I left the joint I was watching the game at halftime. Fuming how they bottled it... cursing at them for being the usual Totoham.

I got home and my buddy calls me to say Tottenham won... I was like, "How Can?!"

You have to love football, sports in general. 2 days of some miraculous results.

I don't know who to root for in the finals. Either team winning it will be a Cinderella story.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Congrats to Spurs. Look forward to a great final...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Still recovering from the shock of losing the semi finals to Totoinham. That buffoonish Cameroonian keeper cost us the game. I hope they ship his fat @$$ back to Canon Yaoundé. Hakim Ziyesh is another useless African that needs to go. That fool was missing open nets like Fatkubu in South Africa. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: Im so angry right now. My dream Barca- Ajax final has been ruined. :curse: :curse:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Never will happen. His loyalty to Espanyol will not let him take the job. The only job he will consider is Real and that is gone.
Just like his loyalty to Southampton
Poch has insulted Barcelona over the year to show his allegiance to Espanyol. A lot of people, millions of people at that, will have to swallow their pride for Poch to coach Barca. Barca should consider Poch, Setien or Ten Haag.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bret- hart wrote:Still recovering from the shock of losing the semi finals to Totoinham. That buffoonish Cameroonian keeper cost us the game. I hope they ship his fat @$$ back to Canon Yaoundé. Hakim Ziyesh is another useless African that needs to go. That fool was missing open nets like Fatkubu in South Africa. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: Im so angry right now. My dream Barca- Ajax final has been ruined. :curse: :curse:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: close your eyes and dream it.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Just like his loyalty to Southampton
Poch has insulted Barcelona over the year to show his allegiance to Espanyol. A lot of people, millions of people at that, will have to swallow their pride for Poch to coach Barca. Barca should consider Poch, Setien or Ten Haag.
I think Ten Hag wants the Bayern job, I'll add Oscar Garcia to names Barcelona should consider.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

bret- hart wrote:Still recovering from the shock of losing the semi finals to Totoinham. That buffoonish Cameroonian keeper cost us the game. I hope they ship his fat @$$ back to Canon Yaoundé. Hakim Ziyesh is another useless African that needs to go. That fool was missing open nets like Fatkubu in South Africa. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: Im so angry right now. My dream Barca- Ajax final has been ruined. :curse: :curse:
They can play a loser's final.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Wait don't say a word until I get out my violin :rotf: :taunt:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:
Wait don't say a word until I get out my violin :rotf: :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

this thread :taunt: :evil: :evil: :oops: :oops: :oops: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Well done to Spurs. They got Ajax on the ropes, and rightly identified and took their opportunity. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Hmmmm...so CL Liverpool vs Spurs.

What if Arsenal and Chelsea meet at Europa?

Kung Fu league no more?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Congratulations to Spurs, Pajimoh and Co.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

wale1974 wrote:Congratulations to Spurs, Pajimoh and Co.
Thank you o my broda. Some pipul no even want make we enjoy dis one. Na so dem dey pray to a good God to do bad thing. Pipul sha
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

pajimoh wrote:
wale1974 wrote:Congratulations to Spurs, Pajimoh and Co.
Thank you o my broda. Some pipul no even want make we enjoy dis one. Na so dem dey pray to a good God to do bad thing. Pipul sha
Bigpokey doesn't count....lol
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Pochetino, don talk no money and he is out :rotf: some top clubs already dey him mind...level :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

txj wrote:Congrats to Spurs. Look forward to a great final...

Beat them. That's all I ask for.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Naija Spirit don dey enter Spurs fans o.

Family watching Spurs v Ajax live on TV.
Score at 2-2.

Mum says something
Son replies: Shut up mum, Abeg!
Dad: Ah-beg? Shut up mum Ah-beg?
Son: No answer

Oyibo don join una dey nack pdgin for Tottenham? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

[/video]
Check out 5:00mins
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ajax fans count down to victory

Moura: Hold my Gulder
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

I think Pochettino should talk less and concentrate on the task at hand, he has a 40perc chance of winning the CL, let him face that rather than talking about leaving or not. One day sooner or later he will up sticks and move on, we will wish him well for the work he has done; now is not the time to destabilise the team with talk of going after the finals. He is on the cusp of history he must grab it with both hands.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Damunk[/color] wrote: Naija Spirit don dey enter Spurs fans o.

Family watching Spurs v Ajax live on TV.
Score at 2-2.

Mum says something
Son replies: Shut up mum, Abeg!
Dad: Ah-beg? Shut up mum Ah-beg?
Son: No answer

Oyibo don join una dey nack pdgin for Tottenham? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

[/video]
Check out 5:00mins
My reaction was slightly different as I was at work watching it on my phone. I was rooted to my chair with my hands on my head in disbelieve of what I had just seen. I couldn't afford to scream as it was bad enough watching it live when I should be working. After the goal I couldn't function. I was shaking. I was in total shock. Wifey called to let me know that all her friends were ringing her off the hook to tell her to congratulate me :lol:. I don't know how loud I would have screamed if I were at home watching it :rotf:. I don't think the reaction of this victory can be topped even if we end up beating Liverpool on June 1.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]oluwaseye the 1st.[/color] wrote: I think Pochettino should talk less and concentrate on the task at hand, he has a 40perc chance of winning the CL, let him face that rather than talking about leaving or not. One day sooner or later he will up sticks and move on, we will wish him well for the work he has done; now is not the time to destabilise the team with talk of going after the finals. He is on the cusp of history he must grab it with both hands.
In some ways I am not too concerned with what Poch is saying. He has done the exact thing 2 seasons running now as the season was unwinding. Maybe it is tactical thing. When you look deep into his words he is not angling for more funds as clearly Levy and the board have come to say that transfer budget has been set aside for him to use but it was Poch who decided not to buy. I think Poch is asking Levy to look at having a project that would be sustainable for the 5 to 10 years instead of a short term fix. Throwing money around to buy the best players will not help but having an academy that can produce players that will seamlessly integrate into the first team on a regular basis while offering the current players that will be retained a contract that matches their market rate is what I believe he is after. While doing this we have to acquire players that will bridge the gap in talent that currently exist. It is not about wholesale changes but rather strategic.

In our current set up we need 3 or 4 solid players that will get us challenging. First is a solid backup striker to challenge Kane or play alongside him. Next and as equally as important is a creative midfielder to replace Eriksen or challenge for that position. Eriksen has blown cold way too often and not taken enough games by the scruff of the neck when the game needed him to. Also as important is a defensive midfielder to replace the Dembele that we sold in January. Winks is very good when he is available but he is too injury prone. Sissoko has been dependable most of the season but we know come next season he may not have him around to play most of the matches as he is getting older. The best thing is to have 3 solid DM that can be rotated instead of 2. Dier and Wanyama have regressed while Skipp is still wet behind the ears. Lastly is the RB position. Tripps has failed to lock down the position since Walker left and not stepped up like Rose has. Aurier has been in and out giving the likes of Walker-Peters and Foyth the opportunity of a look-in. Unfortunately none of them are at the level that is required to take the team to the next level.

I seriously doubt Poch is going to walk regardless of what happens on June 1. He has said many times in the past that he wants to build a legacy with Spurs. He sees himself staying 10 years or more winning multiple titles. He admitted that the titles he is interested in winning are CL and the PL so why will he now leave after doing it once?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT vs EVE [WK 38]

Post by Its a Goal »

And into the final PL game of the season we go. After the trials and tribulations the team has endured we now have top 4 destiny firmly in our hands. We only need a result to secure our place. Avoid a lose and into our 4th consecutive CL we go. This is not a match to be taken for granted as Everton has been on a run of good form. Coming into this match they will be seeking to avenge their lose in the first round and be able to boast of beating us on our ground on the first attempt. The lads have to show up and sign off on a winning note.

Unfortunately this tie has been made a little bit more tricky with some self inflicted wounds. Out due to suspension are Son and Foyth who needlessly picked up red card in the last PL match. Jan was on crotches after the Ajax match and seems doubtful. Sanchez, Kane and Winks are still on the road to recovery while Aurier may still be unavailable. On a better note Lamela is back and should start if any of Dele, Moura or Eriksen are unable to start. Sissoko didn't seem any worse off after the Ajax match and should be able to start. In absence of 2 of the 3 first choice CB, Davies will have to slot in for them. This means it is likely going to be a 4-3-2-1 formation:

• Llorente
    • Dele * Moura
      • Erikens
    • Wanyama * Sissoko

Rose * Davies * Toby * Trippier
      • Lloris

This by far has been the most grueling season in the history of the club. Playing 3 quarters of the season away from home, not making any investment in the squad over 2 transfer windows, contending with injuries to key players at different periods of the season, lads playing on fumes after most of them played deep into the last World Cup but yet somehow they have managed to extend the season by an extra 3 weeks :clap:. All we can ask for is that they close the season out on a bright note so that the fans can give them a proper cheer at the end of 90 minutes. COYS!!!