2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: F

Post by Its a Goal »

PaJimoh, you can't blame me. It has been so long welcoming in a new player so at this point let me day dream rumors :D.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I am in 2 minds about Trippier. On one he is the best RB we have but injury throughout the season didn't let us see the best of him. On the other I feel he is getting too old and may not be able to regain the sharpness that made him an English international.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:I am in 2 minds about Trippier. On one he is the best RB we have but injury throughout the season didn't let us see the best of him. On the other I feel he is getting too old and may not be able to regain the sharpness that made him an English international.
Spurs policy, after 28 or not performing, looking to get rid..... all could also be paper talk. Maybe a good pre season.....
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

pajimoh wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Image
Excitement level rising. Could Levy be about to do what we hoped for :woot: ?
Don't do this to yourself. Wait until it's confirmed and better still, wait until he performs.
Remember Lacashaite at Arsenal?
:rotf: :rotf: But Laca did an ok job in his first season.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kajifu wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Image
Excitement level rising. Could Levy be about to do what we hoped for :woot: ?
Don't do this to yourself. Wait until it's confirmed and better still, wait until he performs.
Remember Lacashaite at Arsenal?
:rotf: :rotf: But Laca did an ok job in his first season.
We don't like spending money on players that just do "ok" job for a season
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

We have broken our transfer record by a considerable amount :woot:. Welcome to White Hart Lane Tanguy :clap: :clap: :clap:.

DD, please give me scouting report on this lad I beg you.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:We have broken our transfer record by a considerable amount :woot:. Welcome to White Hart Lane Tanguy :clap: :clap: :clap:.

I havent watched a lot of him. However, from what I have seen, dude covers a lot of ground and is quite good with the ball at his feet-- skillful. he also seems very good at final through passes. Such a fantastic upgrade from Wanyama and Dier.

Many people will say he is Pogba with defensive hard work, since he is good in tight spaces. From what I have seen, hopefully, Poch doesnt waste him as the defensive midfielder. I think he will thrive if given the freedom as a CM beside someone like Dier or even better sef, beside a regista. He has too much ability in making nice through passes to be wasted deep.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: We have broken our transfer record by a considerable amount :woot:. Welcome to White Hart Lane Tanguy :clap: :clap: :clap:.

I havent watched a lot of him. However, from what I have seen, dude covers a lot of ground and is quite good with the ball at his feet-- skillful. he also seems very good at final through passes. Such a fantastic upgrade from Wanyama and Dier.

Many people will say he is Pogba with defensive hard work, since he is good in tight spaces. From what I have seen, hopefully, Poch doesnt waste him as the defensive midfielder. I think he will thrive if given the freedom as a CM beside someone like Dier or even better sef, beside a regista. He has too much ability in making nice through passes to be wasted deep.
Thank you for that. I know I can always rely on you to give credible player scout report.

I watched a 10 minute video of him and he reminds me a lot of Pogba as you mentioned more than as Mousa Dembele as someone on radio said. He does a lot of what Sissoko does, that is breaking up plays, win the ball and initiate attacks. He has an eye for through passes and seems to do a lot of the dirty work. My concern with you assertion that he should be played further upfront is that his scoring record is abysmal. He is a going to be a beast doubt and I believeand it is going to be a question of how much game time Sissoko is going to have this season. My preferred CM pairing going into the new season will be Tanguy and Winks

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Jack Clarke appears to be on the way as well. Fingers crossed.

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Its a Goal wrote:Jack Clarke appears to be on the way as well. Fingers crossed.
This was probably my favorite player to watch on Bielsa's team.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:clap: Chei!! My Poch doing the bits!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: We have broken our transfer record by a considerable amount :woot:. Welcome to White Hart Lane Tanguy :clap: :clap: :clap:.

Thank you for that. I know I can always rely on you to give credible player scout report.

I watched a 10 minute video of him and he reminds me a lot of Pogba as you mentioned more than as Mousa Dembele as someone on radio said. He does a lot of what Sissoko does, that is breaking up plays, win the ball and initiate attacks. He has an eye for through passes and seems to do a lot of the dirty work. My concern with you assertion that he should be played further upfront is that his scoring record is abysmal. He is a going to be a beast doubt and I believeand it is going to be a question of how much game time Sissoko is going to have this season. My preferred CM pairing going into the new season will be Tanguy and Winks
How did I forget winks! That is who should be paired with and a number 10 should round up the midfield 3
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

For width, you guys should consider that Fulham number 3. Can’t remember this name now. He is cheap and wouldn’t expect to be a starter
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: For width, you guys should consider that Fulham number 3. Can’t remember this name now. He is cheap and wouldn’t expect to be a starter
Ryan Sessegnon?

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Not as tactically astute as you would expect at this level...makes up for it with his athleticism...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: For width, you guys should consider that Fulham number 3. Can’t remember this name now. He is cheap and wouldn’t expect to be a starter
Ryan Sessegnon?
Yup! That one.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Leeds announce JC sale to Spurs and his season long loan back to the club
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

pajimoh wrote:
This is good, I was enjoying seeing him under Bielsa.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kalani JR wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
This is good, I was enjoying seeing him under Bielsa.
Players are becoming expensive. Spurs policy, buy them young like Alli. Groom and get a few years out of them with Dell on value. Less risk at 10m
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Like Dele Alli, we've signed Jack Clarke and sent him back to his parent club.

Ndombele is supposed to have his medical today as well and announced before the end of the week.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:Like Dele Alli, we've signed Jack Clarke and sent him back to his parent club.

Ndombele is supposed to have his medical today as well and announced before the end of the week.
Amen. We are hoping that Ndombele is not another Willian.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »