Jordan Sancho: The epitome of Guardiola's hatred for Youth

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Jordan Sancho: The epitome of Guardiola's hatred for Youth

Post by danfo driver »

Why did Pep try to destroy Sancho and ship him out?

City had Sterling, Sane a Silva (at the time, the Portuguese was seen as a winger), and Sancho wanted to be promoted. Pep could have promoted him and made him the 4th choice winger. Instead, Pep demanded the purchase of Riyadh Mahrez. As far as he was concerned, Sancho was too young. He ignored the kid and was angry that the kid asked to be promoted. In retaliation, he refused to take the kid on the pre-season tour and tried to destroy the kid.

While Guardiola went on to spend another 60 million to get Mahrez. Sancho left to Dortmund and has established himself as one of the best wingers in Europe.

Man City has one of the best youth programs in Europe, yet, Pep has refused to promote players. TIme and time again, he spends 50 million to bring in established stars. Why? is it because he is afraid to play youth and only wants ready-made success?

I wonder what Pep does every time he sees Sancho play. It must truly hurt him to his soul.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Jordan Sancho: The epitome of Guardiola's hatred for You

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:Why did Pep try to destroy Sancho and ship him out?

City had Sterling, Sane a Silva (at the time, the Portuguese was seen as a winger), and Sancho wanted to be promoted. Pep could have promoted him and made him the 4th choice winger. Instead, Pep demanded the purchase of Riyadh Mahrez. As far as he was concerned, Sancho was too young. He ignored the kid and was angry that the kid asked to be promoted. In retaliation, he refused to take the kid on the pre-season tour and tried to destroy the kid.

While Guardiola went on to spend another 60 million to get Mahrez. Sancho left to Dortmund and has established himself as one of the best wingers in Europe.

Man City has one of the best youth programs in Europe, yet, Pep has refused to promote players. TIme and time again, he spends 50 million to bring in established stars. Why? is it because he is afraid to play youth and only wants ready-made success?

I wonder what Pep does every time he sees Sancho play. It must truly hurt him to his soul.
what of Arsenal that were asleep and didnt go get the kid?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Ozil and Mkhy took squad space :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

This is so petty and tiring. You people need to understand something: as long as Pep is winning and is successful then none of this matters.

Why did Chelsea get rid of DeBruyne? Why did Barcelona get rid of Thiago? A team can only fit so many players and not everyone will play. Get over yourselves.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

My take! bit surprised about Guardiola after he became the coach at barcelona, after been part of their youth academy, expected him to know better, with the big bucks in football these days, there are no longer long term planning, everything is about today and now,all these established players were once academy players, not really watched this sancho play except in the world youth tournament but he seems to be a decent player, City have an abundance of players and the kid did the right thing to try his luck elsewhere
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

My brother, as long as pep is winning, all those things are totally irrelevant. The man was hired to win and not to promote/integrate youths into man city senior team. Afterall, what did arsenal achieve with all those superstars produced by their academy
Last edited by john12 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

john12 wrote:My brother, as long as pep is winning, all those things are totally irrelevant. The man was hired to win and not to promote/integrate youth into man city senior team. Afterall, what did arsenal achieve with all those superstars produced by their academy
so whats the point of having a youth academy is no player is good enough to make the grade? I am happy that at least at united, we have Pogba, Lingard and rashford that came from the academy! even though Pogba had to leave to try his luck elsewhere before he came back!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

So you would rather a team that promotes/integrate youths players into Senior team like Arsenal (Wenger 07-15) to a team WINNING without promoting young boys? Just answer the question. The main purpose of a big club is to WIN,WIN and keep WINNING all other initiatives are just secondary goals
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

http://www.naijiant.com/
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Jordan Sancho, is coming on leaps and bounds and has really slumdunked the Bundesliga.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Sadly, at the top of the Pops, the chalice is as poisoned as any powder stirred into a “refusing to sell his land” Uncle’s palm wine in Nollywood. Success is absolutely everything, the path to such endpoint and the combatants entrusted with that task, will vary from coach to coach. Was it not Alex the Great who saw Paul Pogba off? World Cup winner, United’s saviour now. What of Lukaku and DeBruyne at the Bridge? A soldier picks his weapon.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Barcelona
Pedro
Busquets
Christian Tello
Marc Bartra
Rafinha Alcantra
Tiago Alcantra
Sergi Roberto
Gerard Duelofeu
Marc Muniesa
Martin Montoya
Jonathan Dos Santos

*Gerard Pique; re-signed from Manchester United reserves to come and start alongside Puyol in the centre of defence.

I only mentioned young players he promoted at Barcelona and if you include bayern munich and man city, he has already promoted around 32 youth players onto the first team.

There are facts and there is BS
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Incorrect.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Sancho would’ve effected Iwobi’s development, Willock and Adelaide too. Even Nketiah would’ve suffered.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Incorrect.
Ah ah, Waffi, na you tell us about this kid o. You even mentioned that he was friends with one of our youth players, and we were likely to get him
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Coach wrote:Sancho would’ve effected Iwobi’s development, Willock and Adelaide too. Even Nketiah would’ve suffered.

you don see us finish o
AFCON 2019 sweet o

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr. Piffington wrote:This is so petty and tiring. You people need to understand something: as long as Pep is winning and is successful then none of this matters.

Why did Chelsea get rid of DeBruyne? Why did Barcelona get rid of Thiago? A team can only fit so many players and not everyone will play. Get over yourselves.
So, are you saying that when a club spends hundreds of millions on a youth system, it is okay for the manager to ignore the youth system? And even try to destroy the young players, so long as the manager is winning carabao cups and one title?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

john12 wrote:My brother, as long as pep is winning, all those things are totally irrelevant. The man was hired to win and not to promote/integrate youths into man city senior team. Afterall, what did arsenal achieve with all those superstars produced by their academy
This is quite interesting, Personally, I am here to learn and I feel that I am learning quite a lot. The promotion of youth is irrelevant..
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote:Jordan Sancho, is coming on leaps and bounds and has really slumdunked the Bundesliga.
Remarkable! He has dominated that league better than Sane did and right now, I'd pick hi above Sane and Mahrez. So, why did Guardiola hate him so much and try to destroy him? When all the boy asked, was to please be integrated into the team, as he was ready? Is that the right thing to do?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote:Sadly, at the top of the Pops, the chalice is as poisoned as any powder stirred into a “refusing to sell his land” Uncle’s palm wine in Nollywood. Success is absolutely everything, the path to such endpoint and the combatants entrusted with that task, will vary from coach to coach. Was it not Alex the Great who saw Paul Pogba off? World Cup winner, United’s saviour now. What of Lukaku and DeBruyne at the Bridge? A soldier picks his weapon.
This is true. But why has Pep refused to work on the youth completely? Dont forget that he also go angry and tried to ruin the career of Brahim Diaz?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bk-one wrote:Barcelona
Pedro
Busquets
Christian Tello
Marc Bartra
Rafinha Alcantra
Tiago Alcantra
Sergi Roberto
Gerard Duelofeu
Marc Muniesa
Martin Montoya
Jonathan Dos Santos

*Gerard Pique; re-signed from Manchester United reserves to come and start alongside Puyol in the centre of defence.

I only mentioned young players he promoted at Barcelona and if you include bayern munich and man city, he has already promoted around 32 youth players onto the first team.

There are facts and there is BS
Every coach can lost 100 players they have "promoted" :rotf: :rotf: We are refering to young players a coach promotes and establishes in the team.

By the way, can you please post the young players in Bayern and City? Thank you.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Incorrect.
Ah ah, Waffi, na you tell us about this kid o. You even mentioned that he was friends with one of our youth players, and we were likely to get him
:D

You know sey Transfer Season Waffiman and Normal Season Waffiman are two different people. Abeg wait until June 1st, to remind Transfer Season Waffiman about wetin e tell us about Sancho and e best friend. :lol: :lol:
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

marko wrote:
john12 wrote:My brother, as long as pep is winning, all those things are totally irrelevant. The man was hired to win and not to promote/integrate youth into man city senior team. Afterall, what did arsenal achieve with all those superstars produced by their academy
so whats the point of having a youth academy is no player is good enough to make the grade? I am happy that at least at united, we have Pogba, Lingard and rashford that came from the academy! even though Pogba had to leave to try his luck elsewhere before he came back!
They sell off players to make money, you do know this right?
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.