[MUFC] Ole Gunnar Solksjaer (Mar 28, 2019)...

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [MUFC] Ole Gunnar Solksjaer (Mar 28, 2019)

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
mcal wrote:...time to let Pogba go. The guy dribble, gets pushed down, he complain, time for him to go to bigger clubs where he will lose the ball and get proper cover.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

just like that, allow the 'face of Man United' to leave because he was pushed around a few times
Una face was begging City to buy him in January 2018. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

United did not finish off the game when presented with opportunities, eventhough Lukaku has been on form, he is not consistent enough! These are the games where we are supposed to get 3 points, Degea bene having some shitty games as well, the contract situation is not helping, if we dont want to give him what he deserves, sell him! Sanchez has set a bad precedent at the club, soon Pogba will demand parity, end of the season cannot come too soon, major decisions have to be made, the over 30 brigade has to be culled, young, mata, herrea, matic, at least 3-4 have to leave! Then the jury is still out on Lukaku, fred, perreira, lingard, rojo darmian will leave, 10 players potentially! If we want to give Ole a fresh start, what a better time to do it, Liverpool and city will spend this summer, but like i said, we have to spend wisely, not throw money around on big names
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:United did not finish off the game when presented with opportunities, eventhough Lukaku has been on form, he is not consistent enough! These are the games where we are supposed to get 3 points, Degea bene having some shitty games as well, the contract situation is not helping, if we dont want to give him what he deserves, sell him! Sanchez has set a bad precedent at the club, soon Pogba will demand parity, end of the season cannot come too soon, major decisions have to be made, the over 30 brigade has to be culled, young, mata, herrea, matic, at least 3-4 have to leave! Then the jury is still out on Lukaku, fred, perreira, lingard, rojo darmian will leave, 10 players potentially! If we want to give Ole a fresh start, what a better time to do it, Liverpool and city will spend this summer, but like i said, we have to spend wisely, not throw money around on big names
what does this even mean?

Did SAF spend wisely?
Klopp?
Inheritance Merchant?
Poch?

think before you answer

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:United did not finish off the game when presented with opportunities, eventhough Lukaku has been on form, he is not consistent enough! These are the games where we are supposed to get 3 points, Degea bene having some shitty games as well, the contract situation is not helping, if we dont want to give him what he deserves, sell him! Sanchez has set a bad precedent at the club, soon Pogba will demand parity, end of the season cannot come too soon, major decisions have to be made, the over 30 brigade has to be culled, young, mata, herrea, matic, at least 3-4 have to leave! Then the jury is still out on Lukaku, fred, perreira, lingard, rojo darmian will leave, 10 players potentially! If we want to give Ole a fresh start, what a better time to do it, Liverpool and city will spend this summer, but like i said, we have to spend wisely, not throw money around on big names
what does this even mean?

Did SAF spend wisely?
Klopp?
Inheritance Merchant?
Poch?

think before you answer

Things must be done the United Way! :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

tfco wrote:
mcal wrote:...time to let Pogba go. The guy dribble, gets pushed down, he complain, time for him to go to bigger clubs where he will lose the ball and get proper cover.

just like that, allow the 'face of Man United' to leave because he was pushed around a few times
...face of your club is costing y'all nightmares...just like here in the US, the face of the republican party, Trump, is screwing them and they allow it.

Time to call a spade a spade and change course. Like I noted earlier, if Pogba was at the PSG game United would not have qualified.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Pogba needs world class players to flourish besides him, we can criticise him for all we want, when matic/ herrera were on form, Pogba played more advanced and created a lot of openings, His assists record speaks for itself, of late, our midfield has been dire! Pogba had to drop back deep to help out, we all know that is not his favoured position or his dangerous for that matter, if Fred, mctomminay cant spray passes around, what is Pogba supposed to do? yes he has not played well but there are so many contributing factors which needs to be considered, how many genuine world class midfielders do we have? we all want Pogba to carry the team on his back dont we? those injuries we had recently really messed up momentum but it was going to happen because Ole demanded more from the players and after a few games, they all started to drop like leaves, Right now Matic/ herrera/fred are out of sorts!

At the same time, maybe finishing 6th might force the board to act, that has always been my worry, if we finish 4th, the board will hold on to transfer funds, i dont really care about champions league next season, lets re-build, look at Ajax for example!

I have identified almost 6-7 players that need to leave at the end of the season, our midfield, Fred / Matic/ herrera, sorry, if PSG want him, its ok! we need to replace with quality, soon Pogba will get frustrated and leave! if we feel we cannot integrate the academy players, send them out on loan, see no reason why we cannot use some as the first team players are not any better right now
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: At the same time, maybe finishing 6th might force the board to act, that has always been my worry, if we finish 4th, the board will hold on to transfer funds, i dont really care about champions league next season, lets re-build, look at Ajax for example!

now you're repeating what i said back in Dec/Jan

I thought you said the squad was good enough when we were on the 15 game winning streak?

Anyway, let's rebuild with the Academy, there's enough quality there!!

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote: At the same time, maybe finishing 6th might force the board to act, that has always been my worry, if we finish 4th, the board will hold on to transfer funds, i dont really care about champions league next season, lets re-build, look at Ajax for example!

I thought you said the squad was good enough when we were on the 15 game winning streak?

The squad on paper are good but not consistent enough to challenge for anything

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

If the rumours by Sky Sports on the other thread are true, and the club really will ditch Sanchez, Smith, Red, Kills, Darmian, Bailly, and Valencia...oh boy. That would increase the shopping list to:

1 RW
1 LW
2 CDs
1 RB
1 LB
2 CM

Of course I think this is BS and I do not think Sanchez (who would pay his monstrous wages?), Bailly, and Smith are going anywhere.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

We need to but that right back from Christal Palace, and Matip from Liverpool.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

"that right back from Christal Palace" = Aaron Wan-Bissaka?
Hell will freeze over and Boko Haram will convert to Roman Catholicism before Liverpool sell a player to Man Utd. Think - in your entire life, can you remember any player that Liverpool sold to Man Utd?...

bamenda boy wrote:We need to but that right back from Christal Palace, and Matip from Liverpool.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You can feel the anguish every time Marko types. HE cannot believe it took him all these years to shed the scales from his eyes.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

wiseone wrote:"that right back from Christal Palace" = Aaron Wan-Bissaka?
Hell will freeze over and Boko Haram will convert to Roman Catholicism before Liverpool sell a player to Man Utd. Think - in your entire life, can you remember any player that Liverpool sold to Man Utd?...

bamenda boy wrote:We need to but that right back from Christal Palace, and Matip from Liverpool.
Na Liverpool own the player Abi? Chineke!
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I hope we play to our potential tonight but we are facing Messi, the world best player by a mile and half, just play our game and forget about what he can do

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:I hope we play to our potential tonight but we are facing Messi, the world best player by a mile and half, just play our game and forget about what he can do
:roll: :roll:

is he the only player? mscheew

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Yes, Matip is a Liverpool player.
bamenda boy wrote:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Forget about trying to go toe to toe with Barcelona tonight. United need to lay booby traps for Barca. Strange as it may sound, I think they should aim for a 0-0 draw. Keeping a clean sheet at home is the best hope for Utd. That way, the pressure will be off them at Nou Camp and a score draw at the NC will be enough.

Of course, trying to stop Barca from scoring for 90 minutes...
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:Forget about trying to go toe to toe with Barcelona tonight. United need to lay booby traps for Barca. Strange as it may sound, I think they should aim for a 0-0 draw. Keeping a clean sheet at home is the best hope for Utd. That way, the pressure will be off them at Nou Camp and a score draw at the NC will be enough.

i kind of agree

i prefer 1-0
sit back
soak up all the pass pass tiki taka nonsense

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Template for how Man Utd should play against Barca (at home) was set in the 2008 SF. Utd put in an extraordinarily disciplined defensive shift that day. Sat back and deep, and allowed Barca to play passes in front of them (not around or behind them). Then Scholes won it with an exocet missile of a shot. People often forget that Man Utd beat a Barca team with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o, Zambrotta, Puyol, Abidal, et al. Man Utd even had the luxury of missing a penalty (CR7 blasted it over the bar).

No need trying to press Barca or wasting energy chasing them around. Let them have the ball and try to nick a goal on the break or off a set piece. If the goal does not come, manage the game and try to get a 0-0 draw.

If he starts, Lukaku will be a key player.
tfco wrote:
wiseone wrote:Forget about trying to go toe to toe with Barcelona tonight. United need to lay booby traps for Barca. Strange as it may sound, I think they should aim for a 0-0 draw. Keeping a clean sheet at home is the best hope for Utd. That way, the pressure will be off them at Nou Camp and a score draw at the NC will be enough.

i kind of agree

i prefer 1-0
sit back
soak up all the pass pass tiki taka nonsense
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

wiseone wrote:Yes, Matip is a Liverpool player.
bamenda boy wrote:

But you were talking about the right back from Christal Palace :curse:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

...and Matip. Sometimes I discuss multiple topics in the same convo. I am wild and reckless like that...

Plus the spelling is "Crystal". Have you ever seen a "Christal" chandelier in your life?
bamenda boy wrote: But you were talking about the right back from Christal Palace :curse:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Well united were ok in defence today but lacked the cutting edge up front! Stupid own goal by shaw but we gave them far too much respect

Barcelona have the ability to outpass any team in world football, no shame in losing to them

Marko