[MUFC] Ole Gunnar Solksjaer (Mar 28, 2019)...

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [MUFC] Ole Gunnar Solksjaer (Mar 28, 2019)

Post by YemiBrazil »

bamenda boy wrote:We need to but that right back from Christal Palace, and Matip from Liverpool.
All these "Manchester United fans" of this generation sef. Loserpool to do a direct player sale to United?? Besides, Matip ko Jubril ni - my friend just gerrara hia! :boo: :curse: :D
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

1) McTominay was (once again) Utd's MOTM. On this form, he has a case for starting ahead of Matic even when the latter is fit. He is the most improved player in that Utd team over the last year.

2) Ashley Young had an utter nightmare. He lost possession 32 times during that game. He also attempted 11 crosses and not a single one reached a Utd player. Pereira came on for a few minutes and put in the most dangerous cross of the game. Utd desperately need a new RB in the summer.

3) Pogba was also bobbins last night. It says a lot about him that every time he got the ball, I became nervous, and feared he would (once again) lose the ball. When you are being outplayed by Fred and McTominay, you should look at yourself in the mirror.

4) The much maligned Smalling had another excellent game. Strange that his 2 best performances of the season have been against PSG and Barcelona (i.e. the 2 best teams Utd have faced this season). His "reducer" challenge on Messi in the first half quietened Messi for the rest of the game. Good old fashioned CD performance.

5) Rashford had an uncharacteristically quiet game. Just did not happen for him. Wonder if he was still affected by injury and illness?

6) Very surprised that J Lingz did not start in a game where transitions and energy would be crucial. No matter his end product Lingard is always a busy ---t and is a very good counter-attacker. I would have started him rather instead of Dalot (instead of the cruel and unusual experiment of playing poor Dalot at LB).

7) Dalot might come good one day, but he is not yet ready for this level of football.
Last edited by wiseone on Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:1) McTominay was (once again) Utd's MOTM. On this form, he has a case for starting ahead of Matic even when the latter is fit. He is the most improved player in that Utd team over the last year.

2) Ashley Young had an utter nightmare. He lost possession 32 times during that game. He also attempted 11 crosses and not a single one reached a Utd player. Pereira came on for a few minutes and put in the most dangerous cross of the game. Utd desperately need a new RB in the summer.

3) Pogba was also bobbins last night. It says a lot about him that every time he got the ball, I became nervous, and feared he would (once again) lose the ball. When you are being outplayed by Fred and McTominay, you should look at yourself in the mirror.

4) The much maligned Smalling had another excellent game. Strange that his 2 best performances of the season have been against PSG and Barcelona (i.e. the 2 best teams Utd have faced this season). His "reducer" challenge on Messi in the first half quietened Messi for the rest of the game. Good old fashioned CD performance.

5) Rashford can an uncharacteristically quiet game. Just did not happen for him. Wonder if he was still affected by injury and illness?

6) Very surprised that J Lingz did not start in a game where transitions and energy would be crucial. No matter his end product Lingard is always a busy ---t and is a very good counter-attacker. I would have started him rather instead of Dalot (and the cruel and unusual experiment of playing poor Dalot at LB).

7) Dalot might come good one day, but he is not yet ready for this level of football.
Pogba wants away! Real madrid are calling! man united need to make massive investment next seaosn if they want to keep him
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:1) McTominay was (once again) Utd's MOTM. On this form, he has a case for starting ahead of Matic even when the latter is fit. He is the most improved player in that Utd team over the last year.

5) Rashford can an uncharacteristically quiet game. Just did not happen for him. Wonder if he was still affected by injury and illness?

6) Very surprised that J Lingz did not start in a game where transitions and energy would be crucial. No matter his end product Lingard is always a busy ---t and is a very good counter-attacker. I would have started him rather instead of Dalot (and the cruel and unusual experiment of playing poor Dalot at LB).

agreed
Rashford was not quiet - he was sh'it.
This is the player who fans are calling to be our main striker??
Dear marko, Rashford wants 300,000/week

Jose was right about McT. He was immense

why not just start Dalot at RB

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Rasher had a poor game (and should have been subbed off before Lukaku). However he has so much credit in the bank over the last 3 seasons that we cannot get on his case for 1 subpar performance. For the last 3 seasons, only he, DDG, Scotty, and Andrew Smith can hold their head up high and say they have not let the team down. I actually think he needs a rest. He has never played this many games in a season (AND he did not have a summer break before this season due to England's WC SF run). The injuries to other attackers like Martial, Lukaku, and Sanchez also mean he has had to play full throttle without a rest, as a CF, RW, LW. Who can forget his heroic one legged performance against Liverpool where he ran himself into the ground (and probably damaged his career) by playing for 85 minutes with a nasty ankle injury, but could not go off injured because Utd had already lost Lingard, Johnny Kills, and Andrew Smith to first half injuries in the same game! :shock: That took serious cojones for him to play with an injury like that to prevent his team playing with 10 men.

Dalot is an interesting one. He is yet another modern FB that is good going forward, but pony defensively. Playing him at FB against Coutinho-Suarez-Messi with his youth, inexperience, lack of defensive nous may have turned very ugly. Also for a teenage lad, he does have a rather errr..."robust" physique and has the turning speed of a cruise liner. He looks very cumbersome at times. Potential is there but needs to figure out if he is a defender (in which case he needs to defend) or an attacking wide midfielder (in which case he needs to improve his athleticism).
tfco wrote: agreed

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

No one is talking about Lukaku?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Kia, how the mighty have fallen. Manu fans behaving like Waffiman.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

wiseone wrote:Template for how Man Utd should play against Barca (at home) was set in the 2008 SF. Utd put in an extraordinarily disciplined defensive shift that day. Sat back and deep, and allowed Barca to play passes in front of them (not around or behind them). Then Scholes won it with an exocet missile of a shot. People often forget that Man Utd beat a Barca team with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o, Zambrotta, Puyol, Abidal, et al. Man Utd even had the luxury of missing a penalty (CR7 blasted it over the bar).
You also forget that Barca team finished 3rd in the league that season and Rijkaard was fired.
http://www.naijiant.com/
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

realtrouble wrote:Kia, how the mighty have fallen. Manu fans behaving like Waffiman.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:Rasher had a poor game (and should have been subbed off before Lukaku). However he has so much credit in the bank over the last 3 seasons that we cannot get on his case for 1 subpar performance. For the last 3 seasons, only he, DDG, Scotty, and Andrew Smith can hold their head up high and say they have not let the team down. I actually think he needs a rest. He has never played this many games in a season (AND he did not have a summer break before this season due to England's WC SF run). The injuries to other attackers like Martial, Lukaku, and Sanchez also mean he has had to play full throttle without a rest, as a CF, RW, LW. Who can forget his heroic one legged performance against Liverpool where he ran himself into the ground (and probably damaged his career) by playing for 85 minutes with a nasty ankle injury, but could not go off injured because Utd had already lost Lingard, Johnny Kills, and Andrew Smith to first half injuries in the same game! :shock: That took serious cojones for him to play with an injury like that to prevent his team playing with 10 men.

Dalot is an interesting one. He is yet another modern FB that is good going forward, but pony defensively. Playing him at FB against Coutinho-Suarez-Messi with his youth, inexperience, lack of defensive nous may have turned very ugly. Also for a teenage lad, he does have a rather errr..."robust" physique and has the turning speed of a cruise liner. He looks very cumbersome at times. Potential is there but needs to figure out if he is a defender (in which case he needs to defend) or an attacking wide midfielder (in which case he needs to improve his athleticism).
tfco wrote: agreed

MR was also 'subpar' against young boys...missed so many chances, only for the Big Fella to come on and score

Dalot - love the kid. He should definitely start

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

However I did not forget that they reached the SF of the Champions League and were 1 goal away from reaching the final...
cic old boy wrote: You also forget that Barca team finished 3rd in the league that season and Rijkaard was fired.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

FFS - he was subpar against the best team in the world and Young Boys. So should we forget that without him, Man Utd would not even be in the QF? Took a lot of balls for a young 21 yo kid to take the first penalty of his career in the 93rd minute of a Champions League game away at PSG after the PSG players have cussed, sworn, shoved, distracted, intimidated, delayed, and pulled every dirty trick in the book to put him off? Or should we forget him putting his body on the line for the team and refusing to be subbed off lest he reduce his team to 10 men against Liverpool? Or should we forget his winning goal in a top of the table clash away at Spurs? Or his winning goal away at Man City? Or the fact that he retired Martin Demichelis? :D The lad scores big goals at big moments in big games.

Dalot should definitely start domestic cup games. Not critical games in the latter stages of the Champions League. He has talent, but not experience. His entire pro career consists of about 30 odd games. Funny enough, Tuanzebe looks a more composed player. I think he is more ready for the first team than Dalot or Pereira.
tfco wrote:
MR was also 'subpar' against young boys...missed so many chances, only for the Big Fella to come on and score

Dalot - love the kid. He should definitely start
Last edited by wiseone on Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
wiseone wrote:Template for how Man Utd should play against Barca (at home) was set in the 2008 SF. Utd put in an extraordinarily disciplined defensive shift that day. Sat back and deep, and allowed Barca to play passes in front of them (not around or behind them). Then Scholes won it with an exocet missile of a shot. People often forget that Man Utd beat a Barca team with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o, Zambrotta, Puyol, Abidal, et al. Man Utd even had the luxury of missing a penalty (CR7 blasted it over the bar).
You also forget that Barca team finished 3rd in the league that season and Rijkaard was fired.
Ah! There you are! You had'nt reared your head in this thread in a few weeks. I was getting worried. Thought you had turned away from our Ole? :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

danfo driver wrote: Ah! There you are! You had'nt reared your head in this thread in a few weeks. I was getting worried. Thought you had turned away from our Ole? :D
http://www.naijiant.com/
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Rashford had a shite game but he has performed credibly for united, no need to criticise the kid! hopefully next week, he gets his act together
Its good for the board to see that investments are needed and players have to leave the club

if they present this team next season, i will cancel my subscription and start watching our live games on pirate KODI!!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Rashford had a shite game but he has performed credibly for united, no need to criticise the kid! hopefully next week, he gets his act together
Its good for the board to see that investments are needed and players have to leave the club

if they present this team next season, i will cancel my subscription and start watching our live games on pirate KODI!!
does he deserve 300k/week?

will you give Lukaku the same leeway you're giving rashford?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: [MUFC] Ole Gunnar Solksjaer

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:

p.s - Martial has under performed since OGS took over, but you don't watch games....so
"Under-performance".
as i was saying about OUR Anthony...
Home game vs WHU.

But hey, let's allow the ennui blogger to go on about a MoM performance against Fulham

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote: mugu, learn to read.
40 mins against PSG is reflective of his form since Nov, Fulham goal notwithstanding

u-n-d-e-r-p-e-r-f-o-r-m-i-n-g
The real WE beg to differ. Is he French Fake or French Real?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote: mugu, learn to read.
40 mins against PSG is reflective of his form since Nov, Fulham goal notwithstanding

u-n-d-e-r-p-e-r-f-o-r-m-i-n-g
The real WE beg to differ. Is he French Fake or French Real?

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Wait. ManU's right back nah Ronaldo or Messi :scared:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Hi CIC :D
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The way OGS wants to play the game, he needs players for that system, for united to even get into champions league contention after Mourinho left is nothing short of a miracle, after an initial resurgence, the players, not used to playing forceful football suddenly dropped like leaves, injury, poor recent form and some average players, OGS has to be ruthless, i cant see the point in struggling to qualify for champions league, that will just make the board not want to invest in players, anything to squeeze little money, they will gladly do so

There are players guilty of not giving their all, maybe still struggling with injuries, players like Young, Martial, Lingard, Mata, herrera have clearly lost form! we have some fit players from the academy raring to go, these are the future, why not start playing them? Young should have been dropped, he has totally lost form, left or right side

OGS has got the job now, he has to be ruthless or else, it will be his job on the line in a few months, I am not saying this because we lost to Barcelona, our domestic games have been dire, give others a chance

Time to start work OGS!!!

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Ole Gunnar Suofia at the wheel.