Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:13 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 36970
danfo driver wrote:
Dortmund opens the season with a 5-1 victory. When you prepare, you give yourself every chance of success. :clap: :clap:

If only many Nigerians will learn this basic lesson of life.

True talk,but free us biko,two tpugh games coming for my beloved.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 34396
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
danfo driver wrote:
3 TOP signings for 77 million EUROS and announced within 20 hours. :clap: :clap: :clap: dont worryb some want to but ZAHA for 100 million :lol:








The difference though is that if it's Arsenal or any of the top six EPL clubs, the price will automatically be jacked up significantly.

Context is everything.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13126
theYemster wrote:
The difference though is that if it's Arsenal or any of the top six EPL clubs, the price will automatically be jacked up significantly.

Context is everything.



That is your opinion and a myth sold by lazy people who have no clue how to scout players and negotiate. Did you see Dortmund go after Pepe? how much did Lyon ask Napoli for when they wanted Pepe? Dortmund didnt waste their time with that, they sought for players who are affordable, but just as talented. Its a process that, sometimes takes more than 1 year or up to 2 years... they scout scout scout, pinpoint who they want and continue to work on their relationship with the selling club. EPL "top 6" (whatever the hell that is) are more interested in watching flashy names on tv and then go and offer 100 million when the window opens :rotf: :rotf:

There is an art to negotiation. Most, if not all, player transfers involve multiple clubs, during the negotiation phase. When you are involved in discussion with a player's representative, they keep you informed of other negotiation. If Dortmund agrees on a fee for 15 million and Arsenal comes in and "matches" it, what do you think will happen? The selling club will say "no no no! There is a different fee for you?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it doesnt work that way. And clubs do not just meet the day they want to negotiate. This is part of the reason you build relationships with fellow clubs.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 29956
When you have a serious DOF is when you are offered a Coutinho and, against the clamor of supporters and pundits, you resist the temptation because:

- terms are not right
- you don’t want to rescue the other team from their disastrous transfer strategy
- you’re cognizant of the fact your team has moved on already from the player
- and your real focus in taking advantage of the other teams failures is a different player anyway...

_________________
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:52 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 4628
Luis Campos of Lille made the point that English teams will often pay for premium attacking talent but purchase mediocre midfielders and defenders.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 34396
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
danfo driver wrote:
theYemster wrote:
The difference though is that if it's Arsenal or any of the top six EPL clubs, the price will automatically be jacked up significantly.

Context is everything.



That is your opinion and a myth sold by lazy people who have no clue how to scout players and negotiate. Did you see Dortmund go after Pepe? how much did Lyon ask Napoli for when they wanted Pepe? Dortmund didnt waste their time with that, they sought for players who are affordable, but just as talented. Its a process that, sometimes takes more than 1 year or up to 2 years... they scout scout scout, pinpoint who they want and continue to work on their relationship with the selling club. EPL "top 6" (whatever the hell that is) are more interested in watching flashy names on tv and then go and offer 100 million when the window opens :rotf: :rotf:

There is an art to negotiation. Most, if not all, player transfers involve multiple clubs, during the negotiation phase. When you are involved in discussion with a player's representative, they keep you informed of other negotiation. If Dortmund agrees on a fee for 15 million and Arsenal comes in and "matches" it, what do you think will happen? The selling club will say "no no no! There is a different fee for you?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it doesnt work that way. And clubs do not just meet the day they want to negotiate. This is part of the reason you build relationships with fellow clubs.

When a seller knows your budget they will adjust their price accordingly to reflect that.

Dortmund with a smaller budget only has to compete with Bayern whereas top EPL teams with much bigger tv revenue have stiffer competition to finish in top four hence will be willing to spend more so they will charge accordingly. The sellers aren't stupid. The price you quote Waffib for a rare item you possess is not the same price you will quote Tinubu or Dangote for the same item.

It's just basic logic.

It is what it is.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13126
It’s “basic logic” to people who watch too many deadline days and read too many transfer blogs. thats not how it works in the real world. As a seller, first of all, you aren’t silly enough to destroy relationships with people, with whom you may need to do business in the future. And when I mean destroy relationships, if Dortmund is offering 15 and you have accepted it, another club can ether match it or offer a little bit above... as sweetener. To assume a club will accept 15 mil from Dortmund and then when Arsenal matches it, they reject and demand 80 million, is fantasy land. Doesn’t happen in the real world.


theYemster wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
theYemster wrote:
The difference though is that if it's Arsenal or any of the top six EPL clubs, the price will automatically be jacked up significantly.

Context is everything.



That is your opinion and a myth sold by lazy people who have no clue how to scout players and negotiate. Did you see Dortmund go after Pepe? how much did Lyon ask Napoli for when they wanted Pepe? Dortmund didnt waste their time with that, they sought for players who are affordable, but just as talented. Its a process that, sometimes takes more than 1 year or up to 2 years... they scout scout scout, pinpoint who they want and continue to work on their relationship with the selling club. EPL "top 6" (whatever the hell that is) are more interested in watching flashy names on tv and then go and offer 100 million when the window opens :rotf: :rotf:

There is an art to negotiation. Most, if not all, player transfers involve multiple clubs, during the negotiation phase. When you are involved in discussion with a player's representative, they keep you informed of other negotiation. If Dortmund agrees on a fee for 15 million and Arsenal comes in and "matches" it, what do you think will happen? The selling club will say "no no no! There is a different fee for you?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it doesnt work that way. And clubs do not just meet the day they want to negotiate. This is part of the reason you build relationships with fellow clubs.

When a seller knows your budget they will adjust their price accordingly to reflect that.

Dortmund with a smaller budget only has to compete with Bayern whereas top EPL teams with much bigger tv revenue have stiffer competition to finish in top four hence will be willing to spend more so they will charge accordingly. The sellers aren't stupid. The price you quote Waffib for a rare item you possess is not the same price you will quote Tinubu or Dangote for the same item.

It's just basic logic.

It is what it is.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:43 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:18 pm
Posts: 10214
txj wrote:
When you have a serious DOF is when you are offered a Coutinho and, against the clamor of supporters and pundits, you resist the temptation because:

- terms are not right
- you don’t want to rescue the other team from their disastrous transfer strategy
- you’re cognizant of the fact your team has moved on already from the player
- and your real focus in taking advantage of the other teams failures is a different player anyway...

There’s a part of me that believes these DoF help each other out rescue disastrous purchases all over Europe. No team should go near Coutinho, definitely not at that price

_________________
Image
“Each of us is more than the worst thing we've ever done.”- Bryan Stevenson, JUST MERCY: A story of Justice & Redemption


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13126
LUIS CAMPOS :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Quote:
Les Dogues eventually parted with Nicolas Pépé and Rafael Leão while Thiago Mendes also moved on for a combined total €120million.

All three played a pivotal role in Lille stunning Ligue 1 last season to claim second spot. From the outside looking in, it appeared as though their squad had been dismantled and chances of a repeat seemed slim at best.


Quote:
The French side replaced these key, match-winning players with unproven individuals at such a level.


https://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/v ... re-twitter

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:53 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 31962
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
furiously frank wrote:
txj wrote:
When you have a serious DOF is when you are offered a Coutinho and, against the clamor of supporters and pundits, you resist the temptation because:

- terms are not right
- you don’t want to rescue the other team from their disastrous transfer strategy
- you’re cognizant of the fact your team has moved on already from the player
- and your real focus in taking advantage of the other teams failures is a different player anyway...

There’s a part of me that believes these DoF help each other out rescue disastrous purchases all over Europe. No team should go near Coutinho, definitely not at that price

Absolutely right.

There needs to be a strategy to counter the drivers that push up player valuations.

I think we saw push back from some of the major players in Europe the last transfer window.

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The glory has departed from Arsenal. :(

Zlatan doesn't score lucky goals, goals are lucky to be scored by Zlatan


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ojafranpa and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group