CAF Champions League in disarray

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
CAF Champions League in disarray

Post by Its a Goal »

On BeIN Sports, the match has been stopped but clocking ticking. Some kind of incident happened that has forced CAF officials to come on to the pitch to make a decision on what to do.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CAF Champions League in disarray

Post by Its a Goal »

I wonder if EII or KoC can fill us in what is happening.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

I thought VAR is in use here. Why was the goal not awarded or checked on VAR?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Pinnick is on the pitch too.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cito[/color] wrote: I thought VAR is in use here. Why was the goal not awarded or checked on VAR?
I missed the incident as I just tuned in. Can you fill us in?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Stopped at the 63rd minute and the 90 minutes is already up??? What a disgrace. Over 30 minutes to make a VAR decision.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

If fight doesn't breakout at the end of a decision it will be a shocker.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I loath to read what the Western press will say about this shambles.

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Cito[/color] wrote: I thought VAR is in use here. Why was the goal not awarded or checked on VAR?
I don't know if it was the cause of the stoppage as game continued. WAC scored a goal that was called off as offside when it was obviously ONSIDE. The ref refused to take a look. That's where i left and came back to see game was stopped at the 68th minute.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Apparently VAR wasn't working that's why Gassama didn't have the option.
Last edited by Cito on Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cito[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
I don't know if it was the cause of the stoppage as game continued. WAC scored a goal that was called off as offside when it was obviously ONSIDE. The ref refused to take a look. That's where i left and came back to see game was stopped at the 68th minute.
Ah, another ref that has been compromised. If the rules state all goals have to be reviewed then the ref has to do that. Don't blame WAC players for protesting. Just because Esperance are playing at home and the ref feels intimidated doesn't mean he should steal it from them.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cito[/color] wrote: Apparently VAR wasn't working that's why Gassama didn't have the option.
How could the VAR stop working conveniently when it suited Esperance?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Match suspended due to interruption. No date yet for the replay. Is this what to expect at the CAF tourney in a few weeks?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Now they've called off the match and the result at 2-1 is upheld. What a farce.

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

How can we celebrate that? Born and raised Tarajist and I'm utterly embarrassed. Never will I acknowledge this highway robbery, Shame on my beloved Taraji, should have had integrity to force issue and score in own net if need be and win our 4th cup with class & dignity..
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

africa is a disgrace.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:How can we celebrate that? Born and raised Tarajist and I'm utterly embarrassed. Never will I acknowledge this highway robbery, Shame on my beloved Taraji, should have had integrity to force issue and score in own net if need be and win our 4th cup with class & dignity..
You lack class, you tend to point and blame someone else....just maybe if you stopped sniffing assanal's yansh, then just maybe you would have an idea why your country is corrupt in football...big shame
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Im sorry but North African players and fans behave like imbeciles during African football tournaments. So your team had a goal disallowed?? Move the F on and play the game. Ish happens all the time. The clock was at 59minutes. There was still time to equalize but what do they do? they disrupt the game, act like spoiled children and abandon the match. This petulance is what we have been subjected to for decades and CAF like bad parents allow this to continue. They never act like this at the WC cos they know FIFA will can them. WAC needs to be banned from future competitions and Esparance needs to be fined hefty for fan misconduct.

PS: when is CAF going to do something about those laser pointers??? Why are these idiots allowed to bring that object to the staduims??
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Cito[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Ah, another ref that has been compromised. If the rules state all goals have to be reviewed then the ref has to do that. Don't blame WAC players for protesting. Just because Esperance are playing at home and the ref feels intimidated doesn't mean he should steal it from them.

Gassama is the best referee in Africa. He didn't see the need to consult VAR. End of story. Why then did the WAC players act like bad sportsmen and disrupt the game?? Nobody talks about how these north Africans act so entitled when they compete in Africa? We have seen their bad conduct and sportsmanship play out in CAF competition for DECADES and CAF refuses to be firm and consistent in their punishments.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

bret- hart wrote:Im sorry but North African players and fans behave like imbeciles during African football tournaments. So your team had a goal disallowed?? Move the F on and play the game. Ish happens all the time. The clock was at 59minutes. There was still time to equalize but what do they do? they disrupt the game, act like spoiled children and abandon the match. This petulance is what we have been subjected to for decades and CAF like bad parents allow this to continue. They never act like this at the WC cos they know FIFA will can them. WAC needs to be banned from future competitions and Esparance needs to be fined hefty for fan misconduct.

PS: when is CAF going to do something about those laser pointers??? Why are these idiots allowed to bring that object to the staduims??
I find it hard to disagree with this. North African clubsides are dab hands at the dark hands of ensuring they progress in competitions.

They start their underhand behaviour right form the airport, I hae no sympathy.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Worried about VAR at the AFCON now.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

This is a major reason why I told Paveman that I think Egypt will win the AFCON. The shenanigans that go on in North African footy can't be overestimated.

If VAR isn't working then improvise and ask to see tv replay feed.

Pfft!!!
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Are they using VAR in this competition? If the players are asking for a VAR review but VAR is not being used in the competition then the decision cannot be overturned.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes