Liverpool 2018/19 season + Game Threads

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Alategun
Egg
Egg
Liverpool 2018/19 season + Game Threads

Post by Alategun »

It’s about time we start a post on Liverpool for the new season. Team looks good. New signings make the team stronger and a trio of youngsters in Camacho, Jones and Phillip. With Luck, we will do well.
YNWA....
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Liverpool 2018/19 season

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Let me make a post here so you can have a response :sleep:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Alategun wrote:It’s about time we start a post on Liverpool for the new season. Team looks good. New signings make the team stronger and a trio of youngsters in Camacho, Jones and Phillip. With Luck, we will do well.
YNWA....
I hope this is our year.
I am happy
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

Should be another good season under Klopp. Squad additions have all been good ones, although I feel the team is a defender and an attacking midfielder short.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

can04 wrote:Should be another good season under Klopp. Squad additions have all been good ones, although I feel the team is a defender and an attacking midfielder short.
What do you think of a healthy Matip? Should he be deployed back to midfield?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

bamenda boy wrote:
can04 wrote:Should be another good season under Klopp. Squad additions have all been good ones, although I feel the team is a defender and an attacking midfielder short.
Too many options already in Midfield

I think we still need a wide option. Would love to have Wilfred Zaha (or Adama Traore who has gone to Wolves now).

My take on our signings

Fabinho has been a bit dodgy this pre season (missed a penalty yesterday as well). He is going to need a while time to adapt.

Naby Keita - Has come with a lot of hype and in some games you could see why. Great addition. Gives us huge energy in midfield.

Shaquiri - Was hugely excited to hear we signed him. Fantastic player who wont be fazed by playing for a big team. Already displayed his quality in pre season. Provides world class set piece options, speed and strength. I tip him to be our player of the season.

Allison - A No brainer signing. hopefully he will adapt quickly and provide the solidity and confidence between the sticks that we dearly need.

Would hope the likes of Ojo, Phillips and Jones get some chances this season. We need to go far in all the cups and hopefully win a couple.
YNWA
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Liverpool are looking to sell Ojo.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Liverpool want Ramsey
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Origi’s situation is frustrating. He seems to have lost all desires. He was very good before he got that bad injury against Everton.

heavyd wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:
Too many options already in Midfield

I think we still need a wide option. Would love to have Wilfred Zaha (or Adama Traore who has gone to Wolves now).

My take on our signings

Fabinho has been a bit dodgy this pre season (missed a penalty yesterday as well). He is going to need a while time to adapt.

Naby Keita - Has come with a lot of hype and in some games you could see why. Great addition. Gives us huge energy in midfield.

Shaquiri - Was hugely excited to hear we signed him. Fantastic player who wont be fazed by playing for a big team. Already displayed his quality in pre season. Provides world class set piece options, speed and strength. I tip him to be our player of the season.

Allison - A No brainer signing. hopefully he will adapt quickly and provide the solidity and confidence between the sticks that we dearly need.

Would hope the likes of Ojo, Phillips and Jones get some chances this season. We need to go far in all the cups and hopefully win a couple.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Beating the top teams is not a problem. The problem is beating those Bournemouths, Crystal Palace and Stoke. If we are able to beat them this season, the EPL is ours. I'm sure Pep still has nightmares from last season.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Dammy wrote:
Alategun wrote:It’s about time we start a post on Liverpool for the new season. Team looks good. New signings make the team stronger and a trio of youngsters in Camacho, Jones and Phillip. With Luck, we will do well.
YNWA....
I hope this is our year.
You say that every year
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Goldleaf wrote:Beating the top teams is not a problem. The problem is beating those Bournemouths, Crystal Palace and Stoke. If we are able to beat them this season, the EPL is ours. I'm sure Pep still has nightmares from last season.
KPOM KWEM! Their downfall every season. Put them up against relegation sides and they struggle.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

it's a weconference here
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Liverpool look good. A blend of good young players like Arnold and top quality signings like Allison could make them a contender for the title. I think the key to their season is Keita. If he adapts quickly and dominates the midfield with Fabinho. Liverpool can win the league.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote:Liverpool look good. A blend of good young players like Arnold and top quality signings like Allison could make them a contender for the title. I think the key to their season is Keita. If he adapts quickly and dominates the midfield with Fabinho. Liverpool can win the league.
No if they beat small teams they will stand a chance with Arsenal for the league
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

kajifu wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Liverpool look good. A blend of good young players like Arnold and top quality signings like Allison could make them a contender for the title. I think the key to their season is Keita. If he adapts quickly and dominates the midfield with Fabinho. Liverpool can win the league.
No if they beat small teams they will stand a chance with Arsenal for the league

Liverpool is my favorite to win the league.

Look at their squad, compare it to Arsenal.

--------------------------------Allison--------------------------------------------

TAA-----------------Van Dijk------------------Lovren---------------Robertson--

-----------------Keita-------------Fabinhno-------------Henderson------------

----------Salah------------------Firminho------------------Mane---------------------

The only weakness I see is Keita may need time to adjust to the EPL. Solid defense, solid midfield and solid attack. They even have depth.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote:
kajifu wrote:

--------------------------------Allison--------------------------------------------

----------Salah------------------Firminho------------------Mane---------------------

The only weakness I see is Keita may need time to adjust to the EPL. Solid defense, solid midfield and solid attack. They even have depth.
lovren accident waiting to happen,TAA is a kid,robertson :rotf: :rotf: Henderson :taunt: :taunt:
Please check this out
...................................................Leno...........................

...Stephan..............Holding........Sokratis.....................Nacho

...............Ramsey...........Lucas..........Matteo..................

..........Henrikh...........Laca.................Auba.............
We have more depth than Liverpool
KOS
CECH
Xhaka
Iwobi
Belle
Welbeck
Elneny
Ozil
Konstantino
Mustafi
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I am an Arsenal fan. But we have to face reality. That defense is weak. The irony is Arsenal will take Lovren that you say is an accident waiting to happen over Sokratis or Holden or Mustaffi. Don't forget they also have Joel Matip, Clyne and Moreno on the bench. Sturridge, Solanke and etc also dey bench. They \ have other youngsters coming through.

I am also a huge fan of Klopp. He is a fantastic manager. Huge fan when he was at Dortmund. I wanted him to replace Wenger.

heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

kajifu wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
kajifu wrote:

lovren accident waiting to happen,TAA is a kid,robertson :rotf: :rotf: Henderson :taunt: :taunt:
Please check this out
...................................................Leno...........................

...Stephan..............Holding........Sokratis.....................Nacho

...............Ramsey...........Lucas..........Matteo..................

..........Henrikh...........Laca.................Auba.............
We have more depth than Liverpool
KOS
CECH
Xhaka
Iwobi
Belle
Welbeck
Elneny
Ozil
Konstantino
Mustafi

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf:
:rotf:

You play that defence against us I guarantee you will chop at least 4 goals...
anyway that is nothing new
remember this?? :biggrin:

[/video]
YNWA
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I think Liverpool have completed their jigsaw puzzle and have managed to find and filled the missing slots. They have no excuse this season. If they unleash that their intense pressing play on teams, they will be crushing teams left and right, especially if Salah can continue where he left off.

That said Everton and Westham, although they wont win the league, they have quietly been building up their arsenal, those two are not joking. Westham with Pellegrini will trouble teams.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Klopp used an analogy from the film 'Rocky IV,' where heavyweight boxer Balboa takes down the favourite Drago, to describe Liverpool's task ahead in the upcoming campaign.

"I know a lot of people because we were that active in the transfer window," he said. "That's all part of the business, but it doesn't decide anything.

"We want to -- that's clear for ages -- be the champion of England or winning the league.

"But how could we say that, what about the other clubs? The champions are Manchester City. They didn't lose any player. They brought in [Riyad] Mahrez, so that doesn't make them weaker. So they are top quality.

"We are still Rocky Balboa and not Ivan Drago. We cannot be. How? We are the ones that have to do more, to fight more, to do all these things. That must be our attitude.

"We didn't reach anything so far. We were in finals. Do we go to finals again? Yes, we should try to win it this time. In the league it's exactly the same.

"In the moment, it's nothing. It's like scientists without trying if it really works. We have to be like 'Rocky'."

Klopp insists, though, that Liverpool will do their utmost in 2018-19 to try and earn the club its first ever Premier League title.

They are looking to build on an appearance in last season's Champions League final and back-to-back finishes in the top four.

"We have to be more consistent. We know that," Klopp continued. "We have to be more clinical in the right moments. We have to be more aggressive in the right moments. There's a lot of things. We can improve everything.

"But again, you all ask me about the gap of City and what we have to do. It has nothing to do with City. Win all of them and it's good, but it's pretty difficult to do so.

"There are not only the big six or whatever, if you see what happens around -- you see how Wolverhampton acts, how Fulham acts, how Everton acts. I don't want to forget anybody but they are all ambitious.

"We can't go there and only because we are Liverpool we will win the game there. That's all really difficult. But it's not only difficult for us, it's difficult for the other teams as well. That's all.

"I don't think too much about what we have to do in general. I thought about it for the preseason, but now we have to be in this championship mood. We have to come in a championship mood. That's the plan -- that we really go for it."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/liverpool/st ... rgen-klopp
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

But no one is saying that Liverpool will automatically win the league..they will still have to fight for the league...no one has handed the league to them, rather people are saying that they have better chance of winning it having addressed the area of weakness. Of course there is still the battle to be fought and won...but they have a better chance.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

bamenda boy wrote:
I think our midfield is well stocked and can’t see Matip contributing there.