Italy vs Poland...

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Italy vs Poland...

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

These Italians are not U20 :!:

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Italy vs Poland...

Post by Enugu II »

Kai,

My brother TTTK dis your everything na double double get as I'm be oo!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Enugu II wrote:Kai,

My brother TTTK dis your everything na double double get as I'm be oo!
For real ...

Wha choo looking at?!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

I’m glad you brought this up, EII. For the first time, I logged in using a different browser and right after posting, I clicked on the back button and I got a message that said something to the following effect:

The page you’re looking for contains information that you entered. If you choose to continue, the information might be repeated.

There were only two options, Continue and Cancel. Since canceling kept me on the same page, I chose to continue and sure enough, the message was repeated. Note that the post wasn’t repeated, the topic itself was. I have long maintained that there is a software issue. Perhaps now, the mods will be sufficiently motivated to address it :!:

Cheers.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:These Italians are not U20 :!:

Cheers.
Why because they won?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:I’m glad you brought this up, EII. For the first time, I logged in using a different browser and right after posting, I clicked on the back button and I got a message that said something to the following effect:

The page you’re looking for contains information that you entered. If you choose to continue, the information might be repeated.

There were only two options, Continue and Cancel. Since canceling kept me on the same page, I chose to continue and sure enough, the message was repeated. Note that the post wasn’t repeated, the topic itself was. I have long maintained that there is a software issue. Perhaps now, the mods will be sufficiently motivated to address it :!:

Cheers.
OMG STOP HITTING BACK BUTTON AFTER YOU POST! No wonder you keep posting twice.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Why would the back button generate a double post after you’ve already posted and your post displayed? How else do you get back to the previous page? The fact that a double can occur with the back button is definitive proof of an anomaly :!:

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Why would the back button generate a double post after you’ve already posted and your post displayed? How else do you get back to the previous page? The fact that a double can occur with the back button is definitive proof of an anomaly :!:

Cheers.
This is a common thing now, for ex when you submit credit card payments online, they tell you not to hit the back button so the transaction doesn’t happen twice. It’s a http post, if you hit the back button it might be repeated. After you post, it automatically takes you to your new post, click on the forum name at the top of the page rather than back button to get back to the forum homepage.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

maceo4 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Why would the back button generate a double post after you’ve already posted and your post displayed? How else do you get back to the previous page? The fact that a double can occur with the back button is definitive proof of an anomaly :!:

Cheers.
This is a common thing now, for ex when you submit credit card payments online, they tell you not to hit the back button so the transaction doesn’t happen twice. It’s a http post, if you hit the back button it might be repeated. After you post, it automatically takes you to your new post, click on the forum name at the top of the page rather than back button to get back to the forum homepage.
This is straight up bullshait.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Cheers.
This is straight up bullshait.
Which part now? Or you wan start ya customary fight :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TTTK,

Maybe Maceo is right. I have no clear on an IT issue. I hope that what he suggested works for you.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote:

Cheers.
When a live transaction is in progress, hitting the back button will most certainly interfere with the transaction. This is not the case after a post has been made. There is no transaction in progress. Sure, you can exit the app and get back in but that is neither regular nor intuitive. If you have to do that, what then is the purpose of the back button :?: If hitting the back button causes an anomalous situation then there is a definite problem with the software. Moreover, the fact that it doesn’t happen all the time is a strong indication that it is caused by software malfunction :!:

Cheers.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Cheers.
When a live transaction is in progress, hitting the back button will most certainly interfere with the transaction. This is not the case after a post has been made. There is no transaction in progress. Sure, you can exit the app and get back in but that is neither regular nor intuitive. If you have to do that, what then is the purpose of the back button :?: If hitting the back button causes an anomalous situation then there is a definite problem with the software. Moreover, the fact that it doesn’t happen all the time is a strong indication that it is caused by software malfunction :!:

Cheers.
TTT, please give us a step by step process you go through when you post?

Once your post is accepted, it should take you to a page where it gives you the option of going back to the main menu or into the thread you just posted. If you don't click any of the options, it automatically bring you into the thread you just opened/contributed

By the way, which browser are you using?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

pajimoh wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.
TTT, please give us a step by step process you go through when you post?

Once your post is accepted, it should take you to a page where it gives you the option of going back to the main menu or into the thread you just posted. If you don't click any of the options, it automatically bring you into the thread you just opened/contributed

By the way, which browser are you using?
I don’t think I do anything differently from anyone else. It is a pretty straightforward process. After calling up the editor by one of the five available methods, I create my post and submit. This brings me to the last page of the thread and my post is displayed and it’s usually the last post in the thread, unless some else posted simultaneously. The trouble starts when I hit the back button to navigate back to the desired page. Everything looks fine until sometime later when I go back to read my post. That’s when I find that the post has doubled up. The doubling could be instantaneous or it could occur after some considerable time has elapsed.

I have used both google and chrome as browsers. Google gives no warning at all but sometimes doubles the post on reentry. Chrome, on the other hand, displays the warning I described earlier and appears to always double the post. The Chrome message is what alerted me to the fact that the back button is the issue :!:

Cheers.