FIFA NEEDS TO STOP SENDING TEAMS HOME AFTER 3 GAMES AT WC'S

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg
FIFA NEEDS TO STOP SENDING TEAMS HOME AFTER 3 GAMES AT WC'S

Post by JACKAL »

Teams that qualify for the WC proper spend 3 years on Qualifiers and then then half of them play 3 games and they are out. Majority of the teams are sent home before the end of 2 weeks. This really makes no sense.

The teams are already there at the nation(S) hosting the competition. They have already taken one month off their calendar for the competition. Why don't you let them stay and play more games for positions in the competition. They can still play for 5th to 32nd spot.

Each team should get to play at least 6 games to make the entire competition worthwhile for them.

The Benefits of this:
FIFA makes more Money from TV and sponsor Money
Host Nation makes more money in their Economy with Fans spending money on Hotels, food, travel etc..
Participating federations make more money for playing more games
Teams get to play more high level games which gives the players more exposure
Etc, etc..
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FIFA NEEDS TO STOP SENDING TEAMS HOME AFTER 3 GAMES AT W

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Better yet FIFA could organize a skelewu dancing competition after the first round. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

If you think deep it is only because we qualify frequently you are saying this. For example, this talk wont even make sense to a Kenyan. World cup is first of all about qualifying for the group stages. I dare to say that's the sweetest part sef
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Who wants to watch a dispirited team that's already eliminate from winning the cup play, even the third game for an already eliminated team is a doozy. Two eliminated teams playing each other, someone's has to pay me to watch that and I cant guarantee I wont fall asleep. Its the hope of winning the cup that makes the players play hard, when that's gone it becomes a friendly/training and not sure even fans care to watch those much after the highs of hoping to win it all is deflated.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

U fail to consider that someone is paying bonuses....paying for hotel room and paying coaching staff.

I think if you qualify and look useless after the first game, u should be sent home....poor countries shouldn’t waste money better spent somewhere else
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Dude, some of us find it hard watching Panama play Tunisia or Egypt play Saudi Arabia at the last World Cup
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Enyi wrote:U fail to consider that someone is paying bonuses....paying for hotel room and paying coaching staff.

I think if you qualify and look useless after the first game, u should be sent home....poor countries shouldn’t waste money better spent somewhere else
agreed

if you loose by more than a 2 goal margin in your opener....GTFOH

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

oscar52 wrote:Who wants to watch a dispirited team that's already eliminate from winning the cup play, even the third game for an already eliminated team is a doozy. Two eliminated teams playing each other, someone's has to pay me to watch that and I cant guarantee I wont fall asleep. Its the hope of winning the cup that makes the players play hard, when that's gone it becomes a friendly/training and not sure even fans care to watch those much after the highs of hoping to win it all is deflated.

So you are telling me after we got eliminated, if we had to play Germany, Brazil and Japan, you wouldn't watch ??
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Enyi wrote:U fail to consider that someone is paying bonuses....paying for hotel room and paying coaching staff.

Paying for Rooms and other expenses is what Sponsors are for... That's why the games get shown on TV so they can make more money.
These are national teams...The people in their home countries will watch no matter what !!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Undertaker wrote:Dude, some of us find it hard watching Panama play Tunisia or Egypt play Saudi Arabia at the last World Cup
You don't have to watch those games... But would watch the Eagles play Panama or Saudi Arabia ???
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Wait till OP finds out that teams will be going home after 2 games in 2026.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

JACKAL wrote:Teams that qualify for the WC proper spend 3 years on Qualifiers and then then half of them play 3 games and they are out. Majority of the teams are sent home before the end of 2 weeks. This really makes no sense.

The teams are already there at the nation(S) hosting the competition. They have already taken one month off their calendar for the competition. Why don't you let them stay and play more games for positions in the competition. They can still play for 5th to 32nd spot.

Each team should get to play at least 6 games to make the entire competition worthwhile for them.

The Benefits of this:
Host Nation makes more money in their Economy with Fans spending money on Hotels, food, travel etc..
Etc, etc..
Thats awful,why would players want to hang around if they cant progress in the actraul tournament?
Maybe the likes of Panama and Saudi Arabia would benefit from such a patronising experiance but most players have spent a whole season playing meaningful football and probably need a break and as a fan of football I wouldnt be interested in the extra friendly matches!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
JACKAL wrote:Teams that qualify for the WC proper spend 3 years on Qualifiers and then then half of them play 3 games and they are out. Majority of the teams are sent home before the end of 2 weeks. This really makes no sense.

The Benefits of this:
Etc, etc..
Thats awful,why would players want to hang around if they cant progress in the actraul tournament?
Maybe the likes of Panama and Saudi Arabia would benefit from such a patronising experiance but most players have spent a whole season playing meaningful football and probably need a break and as a fan of football I wouldnt be interested in the extra friendly matches!

That's a big Lie... You will watch every game...Like the rest of us, you want to see how your team would do against the rest of the world.. even if the marbles are not that big.... You are telling me if they Pitched us vs Germany or Portugal and Spain or Brazil you wouldn't watch ?? That's a big massive lie that you wouldn't watch.

You think all the players who go to the world cup Play European Champions league schedule.... Nonsense !! The players are happy to be there getting those World cup Bonuses...playing against top talent enhancing their market value. Its their job..that's what they are there for... You think everybody is making Messi money ??? Those 3 games they play is the salary of some of those players for the entire year...now they get to double it... you think about that...
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

JACKAL wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

The Benefits of this:
Etc, etc..

That's a big Lie... You will watch every game...Like the rest of us, you want to see how your team would do against the rest of the world.. even if the marbles are not that big.... You are telling me if they Pitched us vs Germany or Portugal and Spain or Brazil you wouldn't watch ?? That's a big massive lie that you wouldn't watch.

You think all the players who go to the world cup Play European Champions league schedule.... Nonsense !! The players are happy to be there getting those World cup Bonuses...playing against top talent enhancing their market value. Its their job..that's what they are there for... You think everybody is making Messi money ??? Those 3 games they play is the salary of some of those players for the entire year...now they get to double it... you think about that...
You can look up teams positions with out the extra games, I'm not even sure if teams like Panama would have been able to better their position it would have probably got worse and demoralised them for the next decade or so!
sayala
Egg
Egg

Post by sayala »

I agree with the OP. I've said this before.

My opinion: There should be a longer league stage and a much shorter knockout stage. Instead of groups of 4 teams, there should be groups of 8 teams.

There is no point having a team knocked out of contention after 2 games. Here in the states for example, the public loses interest as soon as team USA is eliminated. This is not good for TV ratings.

Also a suspension in the 1st game can mean a player misses the rest of the tournament.

Let each team play at least 7 games then reduce the knockout stage to only semi-finals and finals.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

BigMuze wrote:If you think deep it is only because we qualify frequently you are saying this. For example, this talk wont even make sense to a Kenyan. World cup is first of all about qualifying for the group stages. I dare to say that's the sweetest part sef
Nigerians, it seems are more interested in qualifying for events and little else. During my time at C.E, Nigeria has sent over 600 athletes to the Olympic with 1800 officials only to come back empty-handed :taunt: . It is predictable like clock work. When will someone finally tell Nigerian athletes that the objective is to win a medal or a cup! :curse: :curse: :curse: :winking:
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Jubril Ogolo wrote:
BigMuze wrote:If you think deep it is only because we qualify frequently you are saying this. For example, this talk wont even make sense to a Kenyan. World cup is first of all about qualifying for the group stages. I dare to say that's the sweetest part sef
Nigerians, it seems are more interested in qualifying for events and little else. During my time at C.E, Nigeria has sent over 600 athletes to the Olympic with 1800 officials only to come back empty-handed :taunt: . It is predictable like clock work. When will someone finally tell Nigerian athletes that the objective is to win a medal or a cup! :curse: :curse: :curse: :winking:
Well at least he had Kenya in mind,he could have mentioned numerous non participants, when it comes to football Kenya don’t come to mind.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The Benefits of this:
Etc, etc..
FIFA doesn't send any team home. If you're that useless to only have less than 6 points out of 9, they allow you to pay your own hotel Bills and remain as long as you want, even for a year set. Msssshhheeeww :arrow:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

sayala wrote:I agree with the OP. I've said this before.

My opinion: There should be a longer league stage and a much shorter knockout stage. Instead of groups of 4 teams, there should be groups of 8 teams.

There is no point having a team knocked out of contention after 2 games. Here in the states for example, the public loses interest as soon as team USA is eliminated. This is not good for TV ratings.

Also a suspension in the 1st game can mean a player misses the rest of the tournament.

Let each team play at least 7 games then reduce the knockout stage to only semi-finals and finals.
Actually, this is not a bad idea. Larger groups and eliminate 2nd rounds...go straight to Qtr finals. Only issue is that the timeframe will be longer than one month, which may pose a challenge for the cities hosting these tournaments.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Riche007 wrote:
sayala wrote:I agree with the OP. I've said this before.

Actually, this is not a bad idea. Larger groups and eliminate 2nd rounds...go straight to Qtr finals. Only issue is that the timeframe will be longer than one month, which may pose a challenge for the cities hosting these tournaments.
Not only cities, cost to fans, too much football for players it might affect start and finish times of other leagues.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Better yet FIFA could organize a skelewu dancing competition after the first round. :roll:

U get time
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

This should be in the Eagles Nest....
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu