VAR...

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
VAR...

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Am I the only one who absolutely detests this subjective instrument? As far as I’m concerned, it’s just a legal validation of the rampamt discrimination against small teams. While England will almost certainly win a VAR argument against Scotland, Nigeria will almost certainly lose one against an Argentina. We saw it at the last men’s World Cup, twice in one game, when Nigeria were denied an obvious penalty and the clotheslining of Iheanacho in the penalty box was blatantly ignored :!:

Cheers.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: VAR...

Post by Cellular »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Am I the only one who absolutely detests this subjective instrument? As far as I’m concerned, it’s just a legal validation of the rampamt discrimination against small teams. While England will almost certainly win a VAR argument against Scotland, Nigeria will almost certainly lose one against an Argentina. We saw it at the last men’s World Cup, twice in one game, when Nigeria were denied an obvious penalty and the clotheslining of Iheanacho in the penalty box was blatantly ignored :!:

Cheers.
Uncle, I have been watching the WWC and the Euro Nations cup and I am like, where was this when we played FIFA favourite Argentina? Even ball to hand is being called as PK due to VAR. Once ya hand extend a little bit... regardless of intention, it is called. :(
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cellular wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Am I the only one who absolutely detests this subjective instrument? As far as I’m concerned, it’s just a legal validation of the rampamt discrimination against small teams. While England will almost certainly win a VAR argument against Scotland, Nigeria will almost certainly lose one against an Argentina. We saw it at the last men’s World Cup, twice in one game, when Nigeria were denied an obvious penalty and the clotheslining of Iheanacho in the penalty box was blatantly ignored :!:

Cheers.
Uncle, I have been watching the WWC and the Euro Nations cup and I am like, where was this when we played FIFA favourite Argentina? Even ball to hand is being called as PK due to VAR. Once ya hand extend a little bit... regardless of intention, it is called. :(
It is usually called only when you’re the favored team. As I’ve already pointed out, they didn’t give Nigeria the obvious call against Argentina. Do you really believe that had the situation been reversed, Argentina would not have been awarded a penalty :?: :!:

Cheers.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Cheers.
It is usually called only when you’re the favored team. As I’ve already pointed out, they didn’t give Nigeria the obvious call against Argentina. Do you really believe that had the situation been reversed, Argentina would not have been awarded a penalty :?: :!:

Cheers.
There are flaws in the VAR system but it is still better than leaving it to the ref and linesman. With all the technology we have in 2019, we should not be having situations were legit goals are being ruled out as offside. Think about the goal Wydad scored in the CAF champions league final. I don't blame the ref or linesman for not seeing that the goal was legit. The movement of the players was so fast and the linesman cannot keep his eye on the position of several players at the same time. Yes, those kinds of calls were once an accepted part of the game but it shouldn't be the case in 2019 with the technology we have now.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Var was created to eliminate African teams.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Orion wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.
There are flaws in the VAR system but it is still better than leaving it to the ref and linesman. With all the technology we have in 2019, we should not be having situations were legit goals are being ruled out as offside. Think about the goal Wydad scored in the CAF champions league final. I don't blame the ref or linesman for not seeing that the goal was legit. The movement of the players was so fast and the linesman cannot keep his eye on the position of several players at the same time. Yes, those kinds of calls were once an accepted part of the game but it shouldn't be the case in 2019 with the technology we have now.
VAR hasn’t removed anything from the ref’s hand. The final decision ultimately still rests with the ref and he is still free to apply his personal prejudices :!:

Cheers.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Orion wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.
VAR hasn’t removed anything from the ref’s hand. The final decision ultimately still rests with the ref and he is still free to apply his personal prejudices :!:
Cheers.
It has. On multiple occasions now we've seen decisions given that the ref (and viewers) initially totally missed but was caught by VAR. I know VAR is not perfect and is currently being applied more strictly for the favoured teams but in the area of goals, with VAR at least you know that if you score a legit goal you stand a better chance of not being robbed.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

I am a big fan of VAR.
http://www.naijiant.com/
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I will wait and see how they apply it in premier league.
If it against small teams then I will not support it.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Cellular wrote:

Cheers.
...that baffle me too much.
A player so close to the kick/shot, how him or her go quickly react to remove hand.
The VAR human review judgement is being used to suffocate some teams.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

If you guys think the big boys or clubs or nations plan to have a level playing field, then I have am offering Brooklyn bridge for sale on the cheap.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho