QATAR VS PARAGUAY

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: QATAR VS PARAGUAY

Post by Lager-back »

oloye wrote:What a goaaaaalllll, damn Quatar is the deal meeeen
are they still the 'project' team ? 8-)
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
oloye wrote:The boys from Qatar were robbed.. Damn these boys dey ball

They are not from Qatar. They are mercineries.
Clap for yourself.
They are better than our mercenaries, at least they all know how to sing their national anthem lol...
No mind the guy :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I will see how they fair with Argentina,hope Messi will not used them to n golden ball
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

oloye wrote:We start talking about this mercenary project as if this is the first time any nation has done this. They did not grab ready-made players, they took them from kids and invested on them. They have spent more than enough time in the Qatar system to be seen as Qatari... This mercenary labeling is stereotypical labeling that does not even bother to look at the details. These boys grew up as Qatari am I wrong, they were not ready-made players, they took players with potentials and groomed them, it is wrong to label them as mercenaries IMHO.
Egbon please don't mind our CE folks..........Nah Bad belle.

They see a county with longterm vision and they start to hate.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
oloye wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
oloye wrote:
tfco wrote:very impressed with the Qataris

they do the simple things and do it well
the equalizing goal was a thing of beauty

they could have won it at the end too, but my man didn't pass the ball earlier
They had better chances than that, they could easily have scored 4 goals, they had 4 clear chances. I can see why they won the Asian Cup hands down, their team is far too good for the Asian Cup. They handled Paraguay easily with their clever play and at some point, the fans in the stands were hailing them with the Ole! chant with their passes. They were that good, if Latino crowds fall behind you, you must have played some damn good football. They won many supporters last night.
Them go carry SE do yanga o, very good team...
May be not, but their understanding of each other made their play look too easy. Each one of them knows the other. There is a documentary on this team on Netflix, the players said they have known and played together from when they were kids.
what's the title of the documentary on Netflix?
I will have to dig it up, but it is in the documentary category. It is one of these documentaries you sit down to watch because your are bored, but it turned out to be good. The Qatar govt with some European health companies are behind this team, you need to see the way they are backed with the latest health technology.

When I call this team a project team, I mean they are a serious project team. If it is possible to create designer babies, guess what sports is going in that direction, creating designer teams.

The quote of one of the boys stuck to my head.. We have known each other since we were kids.

I will dig up the title when I get home tonite. If it was not on Netflix then it should be on BeinSports the Arabic section. I have the subscription.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

oloye wrote:We start talking about this mercenary project as if this is the first time any nation has done this. They did not grab ready made players, they took them from kids and invested on them. They have spent more than enough time in the Qatar system to be seen as Qatari.. This mercenary labelling is a stereotypical labelling that does not even bother to look at the details. These boys grew up as Qatari am I wrong, they were not ready made players, they took players with potentials and groomed them,it is wrong to label them as mercenaries IMHO.
I'm very ignorant as to the makeup of the team or the player heritage. I was trying to get an understanding from you since you watched the documentary. I did not want to cast any aspersions. Just wanted to learn. Thanks for clearing things up.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ugbowo wrote:
oloye wrote:We start talking about this mercenary project as if this is the first time any nation has done this. They did not grab ready made players, they took them from kids and invested on them. They have spent more than enough time in the Qatar system to be seen as Qatari.. This mercenary labelling is a stereotypical labelling that does not even bother to look at the details. These boys grew up as Qatari am I wrong, they were not ready made players, they took players with potentials and groomed them,it is wrong to label them as mercenaries IMHO.
I'm very ignorant as to the makeup of the team or the player heritage. I was trying to get an understanding from you since you watched the documentary. I did not want to cast any aspersions. Just wanted to learn. Thanks for clearing things up.
No wahala Ugbowo, don't think you were, sorry if my response appeared like that. I never had time for them nor believed in the project before I saw the documentary, I thought they were just trying to do the impossible.

Even when they won the Asian Cup I still was not convinced, but when I stumbled on that documentary and I saw what they were trying to do, I became interested. I was not even interested in the Copa America competition until I saw Qatar on yesterday and I said let me see what the noise is all about. I was surprised by how they took care of business. I was expecting them to fall apart, but they grew in confidence as the match progressed. I still have my doubts, I want to see if yesterday was a fluke, but those boys took care of business yesterday at least showing that they are true Asian champions.

If you have BeinSports the Arabic version, they keep showing the highlights of the Asian cup, the way they won it tells a story of its own.

I don't think they are planning to win the World Cup, but they want to be able to compete and not put their nation to shame. If they can do just that as the host, they have succeeded imho.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oloye wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
oloye wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
oloye wrote:

They had better chances than that, they could easily have scored 4 goals, they had 4 clear chances. I can see why they won the Asian Cup hands down, their team is far too good for the Asian Cup. They handled Paraguay easily with their clever play and at some point, the fans in the stands were hailing them with the Ole! chant with their passes. They were that good, if Latino crowds fall behind you, you must have played some damn good football. They won many supporters last night.
May be not, but their understanding of each other made their play look too easy. Each one of them knows the other. There is a documentary on this team on Netflix, the players said they have known and played together from when they were kids.
what's the title of the documentary on Netflix?
I will have to dig it up, but it is in the documentary category. It is one of these documentaries you sit down to watch because your are bored, but it turned out to be good. The Qatar govt with some European health companies are behind this team, you need to see the way they are backed with the latest health technology.

When I call this team a project team, I mean they are a serious project team. If it is possible to create designer babies, guess what sports is going in that direction, creating designer teams.

The quote of one of the boys stuck to my head.. We have known each other since we were kids.

I will dig up the title when I get home tonite. If it was not on Netflix then it should be on BeinSports the Arabic section. I have the subscription.
thanks
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

oloye wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
No wahala Ugbowo, don't think you were, sorry if my response appeared like that. I never had time for them nor believed in the project before I saw the documentary, I thought they were just trying to do the impossible.

Even when they won the Asian Cup I still was not convinced, but when I stumbled on that documentary and I saw what they were trying to do, I became interested. I was not even interested in the Copa America competition until I saw Qatar on yesterday and I said let me see what the noise is all about. I was surprised by how they took care of business. I was expecting them to fall apart, but they grew in confidence as the match progressed. I still have my doubts, I want to see if yesterday was a fluke, but those boys took care of business yesterday at least showing that they are true Asian champions.

If you have BeinSports the Arabic version, they keep showing the highlights of the Asian cup, the way they won it tells a story of its own.

I don't think they are planning to win the World Cup, but they want to be able to compete and not put their nation to shame. If they can do just that as the host, they have succeeded imho.
I was actually living in Qatar when this project started. They built a world class sports academy called Aspire and recruited both players and coaches from all over the world. One of the coaches recruited then was our own Egbunike for athletics. Yes the one and only Innocent Egbunike, don't know if he's still there though. I actually approached Samson Siasia then on behalf of the Qataris when he led the Flying Eagles on a playing tour to Qatar. He simply waived it off and said he wasn't interested. The Qataris had earlier approached him and he turned them down, but because i was at each of the FE trainings then and always spoke with Sia1 after each training they thought i knew him very well.
The athletes recruited were at their young age with full scholarship granted these. Now they are reaping the fruits of long term planning. There's really no short cut to success except through long term planning.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

azuka wrote:
oloye wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:

I was actually living in Qatar when this project started. They built a world class sports academy called Aspire and recruited both players and coaches from all over the world. One of the coaches recruited then was our own Egbunike for athletics. Yes the one and only Innocent Egbunike, don't know if he's still there though. I actually approached Samson Siasia then on behalf of the Qataris when he led the Flying Eagles on a playing tour to Qatar. He simply waived it off and said he wasn't interested. The Qataris had earlier approached him and he turned them down, but because i was at each of the FE trainings then and always spoke with Sia1 after each training they thought i knew him very well.
The athletes recruited were at their young age with full scholarship granted these. Now they are reaping the fruits of long term planning. There's really no short cut to success except through long term planning.
Yes Apire, I have been looking for the name of the academy. I am sure they would have something on YouTube.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

found this

Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

oloye wrote:That diving Paraguay clown probably hurt himself more from the diving and not the tackle

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

oloye wrote: found this

There is a whole lot of short clips to watch. They went round Africa and tapped talented kids which they enrolled in the academy, I am waiting for these kids to come out of the sports lab. I hope they would be as exciting as the football team.

Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

wale1974 wrote:
oloye wrote:We start talking about this mercenary project as if this is the first time any nation has done this. They did not grab ready-made players, they took them from kids and invested on them. They have spent more than enough time in the Qatar system to be seen as Qatari... This mercenary labeling is stereotypical labeling that does not even bother to look at the details. These boys grew up as Qatari am I wrong, they were not ready-made players, they took players with potentials and groomed them, it is wrong to label them as mercenaries IMHO.
Egbon please don't mind our CE folks..........Nah Bad belle.

They see a county with longterm vision and they start to hate.

Instead of to b inspired. Naija man mentality.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

oloye wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
oloye wrote:

Then that's a dangerous team. IVE ALWAYS SAID QATAR WAS ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS NOT TO WIN ASIAN CUP IR MAKE WC. NOW BOTH. :bump: :clap: :clap: