If una think say VAR bad now...

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
If una think say VAR bad now...

Post by Robbynice »

...Just wait till the EPL season start, what is happening now will be child's play in comparison. FNF! With that said, VAR has ruined the game for me and frankly it is a damn shame, that is if you ask me...smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: If una think say VAR bad now...

Post by Bigpokey24 »

nah real wah for shame
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I agree.

The game has changed for the worse.

To compound the idiocy, they are still getting calls wrong even with all the delay and scrutiny.

I mean you cannot even celebrate a goal anymore because you dont know if it will be ruled out.

To me they are just over analyzing everything and giving away far too many penalties that are not warranted.

The game has been ruined for me.

I await to see how the african refs will deal with VAR, because it hasn't been great in Conembol.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

VAR is good for the game. If dem do A una go complain, if dem do B, una still go complain.

If a goal is offside, it should not stand due to human error. If a foul is committed, it should be punished.
You need to worry about "ball to hand" rule that is instantly a penalty regardless of whether it's deliberate or not
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

pajimoh wrote:VAR is good for the game. If dem do A una go complain, if dem do B, una still go complain.

If a goal is offside, it should not stand due to human error. If a foul is committed, it should be punished.
You need to worry about "ball to hand" rule that is instantly a penalty regardless of whether it's deliberate or not

yes my biggest beef is this stupid ball to hand rule.

It is ruining the game.

In fact IMO a penalty should only be awarded if a legit goal scoring opportunity is stopped.

I think handballs in the box that dont stop a chance should be an indirect freekick.

the beautiful game is being ruined.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...VAR is good but...
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]vancity eagle[/color] wrote: I agree.

To compound the idiocy, they are still getting calls wrong even with all the delay and scrutiny.

I mean you cannot even celebrate a goal anymore because you dont know if it will be ruled out.

To me they are just over analyzing everything and giving away far too many penalties that are not warranted.

I await to see how the african refs will deal with VAR, because it hasn't been great in Conembol.
It was used in the final of African CL to a disastrous result. Legit equalizer was ruled out in about the 60th minute. WAC refused to play on until ref checks VAR but ref said no as it was not working. Long story short, match was abandoned.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

vancity eagle wrote:I agree.

Even without VAR this happens, people celebrate and have goals ruled out for offside.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

A lot of bad calls in EPL,hopefully those EPL ref will be on training now on how to used it.If VAR was already in EPL Liverpool will have been Camps in EPL not city.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Robbynice wrote:...Just wait till the EPL season start, what is happening now will be child's play in comparison. FNF! With that said, VAR has ruined the game for me and frankly it is a damn shame, that is if you ask me...smh
I’ve been saying this since the 2018 WC. For me, it’s only useful for offside decisions. Nothing more. They already have goal line technology for when the ball crosses the line which is perfect and efficiently used to assist referees.