EGYPT 1 VS 0 ZIMBABWE 1hlf

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EGYPT 1 VS 0 ZIMBABWE 1hlf

Post by oloye »

niyi wrote:Glad to see Rossike showing his Pan-Africanism by playing for Zim
Saw him too :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

What a boring game was this.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

FT. 1-0.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

ElHadary wrote:What a boring game was this.
Congrats on the three points though. It’s all that matters.
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

My beloved Warriors you tried.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:My beloved Warriors you tried.
Good game brother, you guys came organized.
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

niyi wrote:Glad to see Rossike showing his Pan-Africanism by playing for Zim
The name is Rusike.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Egypt will have to do better if they don't hope to be ambushed in Cairo. I am not sure all these foreign coaches are helping Egyptian football. That team does not look like one being coached by a foreign coach
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

They did their best, you have two decent keepers and Bilat looks like a good player

Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

ohenhen1 wrote:I don't think we need VAR for this tournament. Not the complete the VAR. Just use goal line technology and video replays on offsides.

Good finish to the game by Zimbabwe.
Well that was offside goal.
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

oloye wrote:
They did their best, you have two decent keepers and Bilat looks like a good player
The Arabic commentator said, "don't let Bilat or <insert other player> get the ball" all game.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Zimbabwe save for that defensive blunder from musonda( the captain) that cost them, were tactically solid and organized... Salah was largely ineffective, which was a confirmation of good man marking by the Zims... dem try, wish them luck in their next game. Congrats to Egypt for 3 points well secured.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

ElHadary wrote:
oloye wrote:
The Arabic commentator said, "don't let Bilat or <insert other player> get the ball" all game.
Why is Sobhi not in the Egyptian team?

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

oloye wrote:
Biliat ran his socks off, kudos to him.
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

oloye wrote:
ElHadary wrote:
oloye wrote:
Why is Sobhi not in the Egyptian team?
Preoccupied with the U-23 team for Olympics I think.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Oguleftie wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:I don't think we need VAR for this tournament. Not the complete the VAR. Just use goal line technology and video replays on offsides.

Good finish to the game by Zimbabwe.
Well that was offside goal.
I agree. People against VAR will wish there was VAR if a penalty or handball was missed against their team.

The problem is not VAR, it is the selective application of rules using VAR. It happened before VAR and it is happening with VAR. In short, its a human issue, not a technology issue.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...is this the same Treziegue, the goal scorer, who use to play for France? Been a long time, or they related.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

mcal wrote:...is this the same Treziegue, the goal scorer, who use to play for France? Been a long time, or they related.
yes, the same one who played for France

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

tfco wrote:
mcal wrote:...is this the same Treziegue, the goal scorer, who use to play for France? Been a long time, or they related.
yes, the same one who played for France
My £1 says mcal might just believe you :rotf: :rotf:
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Icongrats El Hadary :thumbs: Good game played in a good friendly spirit

I think for us the real target was the other two games. Hopefully the coach now knows what's necessary
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Tobi17 wrote:Zimbabwe save for that defensive blunder from musonda( the captain) that cost them, were tactically solid and organized... Salah was largely ineffective, which was a confirmation of good man marking by the Zims... dem try, wish them luck in their next game. Congrats to Egypt for 3 points well secured.
Thank you sir :clap: Some people were talking as if Egypt played us off the park. Save for Salah getting the better of Lunga in first few 10 minutes I thought the game was finely poised. Our attack was poor yes but tactically we were OK and we did move and put together some moves

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

green4life wrote:Zimbabwe is toothless in the last third.
The coach shoukdnhave put Musona at the tip of the spear not as support. Mushekwi was a no show

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Samora Machel wrote:
green4life wrote:Zimbabwe is toothless in the last third.
The coach shoukdnhave put Musona at the tip of the spear not as support. Mushekwi was a no show
The thing is when Zimbabwe moved the ball, they never seemed out of sorts. There was always the aura of a team that could score if only they weren't low on confidence (which is understandable been the first game against the host, and a vociferous home crowd)... so the nervy moments in the final third could be justified. My main assessment of the game was the overall performance of the Zimbabwe team which was definitely far from bad.