Cameroon has been robbed

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg
Re: Cameroon has been robbed

Post by The Goddess »

jus2nang wrote:There was no robbery here at all.

The keeper should have known better than to pick the ball up for the first.

The Cameroonian fullback kept the goalscorer onside for the second.

The disallowed Cameroon goal was very tight, but ultimately the correct call - very similar to Lacazette having his goal disallowed against Stoke in his first season - part of the foot was offside. The problem here is the rule "any playable part of the body". They should go back to needing "daylight" - that would actually give the benefit to the attacker (which at one point was the idea).

The rules were applied correctly on all 3 decisions. The Cameroonian ladies embarrassed themselves yesterday, simple. Anything else is really discrimination of low expectations.
Yeah, they embaraased themselves only for people like you who chose to keep their heads under the sand.
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

Benedict Iroha wrote:I have said again and again VAR is there to assist the refs to eliminate African teams....just look at the Nigeria vs Argentina match last year. It has ruin the game...every single goal has to be reviewed.
Good thinking my man
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Goalgetter wrote:The Cameroonian players wanted to walkout and their stupid coach made stay and play. That was dumb from the coach. At that point they were psychologically done with this match and should have rightfully walked out in protest. That would have been effective in this age of social media and served as wake up call for FIFA.
That is no reason to walk off. The coach DID THE RIGHT thing. Yes, the girls were demoralized and felt cheated. But reality is that the VAR was actually correct on all those calls even the second goal by England. If you took a look at England's goal, the Cameroon fightback kept the goal scorer insides. Let me also add that that opportunity to score that Cameron had saved by the keeper would have been rightly chalked off for offsides if she had scored. In that case, two players were clearly offside and one of them received the ball but the England goalie had it cleared.

Now, do I believe the VAR guys have always made the right call? Not at all. For instance, I felt the first German goal yesterday against Nigeria should have been canceled because a German girl, in an offsides position, interfered with the play. But on today's calls, no matter how frustrated we all were by the calls, they were the correct calls.
That the VAR was actually correct is your own opinion which I do not share. I think the French girl appeared to be offside. As for the purported back pass, that is really a discretionary matter. When a ball is played back within just a few feet of goal, there is an inherent danger of an own goal. Under such circumstances, the goalie is usually given the benefit of the doubt should he choose to defend his goal by all means necessary. It’s for the same exact reason a goalie is not penalized for using his hands to prevent a goal when a defender attempts to clear the ball and instead, sends it towards his own goal. The point is that in such matters of the ref’s discretion, the small teams like Cameroon and Nigeria always seem to get the short end of the stick. The Cameroonian coach, in my humble opinion, did the responsible thing but I’m not so sure it was the right thing. Based on a host of injustices that I have observed over time in both the men’s and women’s competitions, from the attempted premature retirement of Onazi for which Matuides didn’t so much as get even a yellow card to the penalty denied Nigeria when an Argentinian defender handled the ball in the box to the clotheslining of Iheanacho in the penalty box which was ignored to all the atrocities we have all witnessed against the smaller teams in the on-going women’s World Cup, I’m inclined to believe that, as much as I am not in favor of walkouts, something drastically dramatic needs to occur on-field for FIFA to take a serious look at the behavior of her officials :!:

Cheers.
Score against yourselves until the game is over. You can even score 27 goals against your selves.
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
The Good Lord must have forgotten to give you a brain because you didn’t understand a word of what I said. Did you understand the phrase “inherent danger of an own goal”. Clearly, you didn’t otherwise you wouldn’t have written the nonsense you did... and by the way, there are many situations where passing the ball back is not considered deliberate. Close proximity to the goal is one of them :!:

Feel free to post the rule that backs this statement that you are pulling out of your a$$$ :rotf:

There is no such bullshit as "inherent danger of an own goal" or "close proximity to the goal" that excuses a back pass from a player to their goal keeper! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: If you deliberately kick the ball to your goalkeeper and the goalkeeper touches it with their hands, it is an offense. Simple and short!!!!

Quite a few of you loud mouthed bumbling dolts on this forum love to spout incorrect rubbish at the top of your lungs without any basis for your positions. That's how people were arguing blindly the other day about handballs in the box without realizing what the rule is.

Cheers :!:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
lakdarbelloumi
Egg
Egg

Post by lakdarbelloumi »

Aswani wrote:Cameroon are actually a good team and could have taken England. Their keeper killed them making that mistake early on, if they had kept it at 0-0 20-25 minutes in, they would have realised they were not playing world beaters.

Fair play to England, they do just about enough needed without being overtly spectacular.
I still say that was not a back pass and the keeper was within her rights to pick up the ball. Ball came from a cross into the box and the defender initial and only touch was to stop the ball from the cross and not to pass the ball to the keeper. That is not a backpass according to the rules of the game. The ref made a wrong judgement and unfairly penalized the Cameroon team.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

pajimoh wrote:Reading comments on BBC board and here on CE, opinions on Cameroon's behaviour mirrors continental allegiance.
However, my personal opinion is, it's unprofessional for African teams to be walking off the field or holding a protest on the field. It just gives detractors more ammunition.
Any protest must be done through proper channels.
On VAR, as long as we have emotions and opinions, VAR would still be as divisive as when there was no VAR. But by and large, it helps correct some otherwise human errors. Disagreements on VAR calls will never go away.
Haters gonna hate no matter what..what did the black man do before he was made the butt of injustice that has been meted to him. I may not support Cameroon's actions, but time we stop castigating people who decide to say enough is enough. The problem here is that when people get to that breaking point,it does not matter how they choose to express their displeasure....

The problem here is that we have gotten to a point no one trusts the rubbish going on anymore, trust has broken down.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

lakdarbelloumi wrote:
Aswani wrote:Cameroon are actually a good team and could have taken England. Their keeper killed them making that mistake early on, if they had kept it at 0-0 20-25 minutes in, they would have realised they were not playing world beaters.

Fair play to England, they do just about enough needed without being overtly spectacular.
I still say that was not a back pass and the keeper was within her rights to pick up the ball. Ball came from a cross into the box and the defender initial and only touch was to stop the ball from the cross and not to pass the ball to the keeper. That is not a backpass according to the rules of the game. The ref made a wrong judgement and unfairly penalized the Cameroon team.
I disagree. She did more than just stop the ball. The Camerounian player and goalkeeper put the ref in the position to have to make that judgment call. The player was at fault for either passing the ball, or mis-controlling her attempt to trap the ball, failing to continue to play the ball when she saw the keeper approach and act as a shield to prevent the English player from getting to the ball. The goalkeeper should not have touched that ball as there was a strong likelihood that it would be viewed as a deliberate back pass.

ps. under the Law 12, her actions could also be viewed as a deliberate trick to pass the ball to the goal keeper to circumvent the back pass law and still be deemed an offense.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

This pictures say a thousand words

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

The Goddess wrote:This pictures say a thousand words

The lovely ladies of the Super Falcons were simply offering the referee directions to the best place in town to have an evening croissant. The Lionesses were suggestively pointing towards the guillotine, used on Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette during the reign of terror, as a threat.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

But Nigeria did not walk out. The Nigerians did not spit on the opposing players. The Nigerians did not try to injure the opposing players. The Falcons were classy in their reaction and got everyone to recognise the injustice against them. The penalty rule got suspended. I understand their frustration but VAR has frustrated Manchester City, Portugal and England in the last couple of months. Scotland suffered as well. Cameroon's reaction was poor.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

aruako1 wrote:

But Nigeria did not walk out. The Nigerians did not spit on the opposing players. The Nigerians did not try to injure the opposing players. The Falcons were classy in their reaction and got everyone to recognise the injustice against them. The penalty rule got suspended. I understand their frustration but VAR has frustrated Manchester City, Portugal and England in the last couple of months. Scotland suffered as well. Cameroon's reaction was poor.
This is what I don't understand. We've been talking about VAR since cup games in England. We had the same situation i the CL. We've had white teams at the end of it at the WWC and we've had black teams at the end of VAR decisions.
While I'm not saying the decision against Nigeria or Cameroon were right of wrong, in all the drama that has been associated with VAR, Cameroon behaved unprofessional.
Teams get frustrated, teams lose big bucks and season changing games, most if not all remain professional regardless of their grievances.

There's always another way...
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

Pajimoh wrote:There's always another way...
And there will always be another cheating.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

zoro wrote:
How was Cameroon cheated in this game?
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

aruako1 wrote:
zoro wrote:
Go and watch the match.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

zoro wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
zoro wrote:
Go and watch the match.
I watched it and I didn't see them being cheated. And no, I'm not one of those who feel that African teams do not get cheated. i have been vocal about the issues the Falcons have faced. So I'm not being cheeky - please let me know your reasons.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

aruako1 wrote:
zoro wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
zoro wrote:
Go and watch the match.
I watched it and I didn't see them being cheated. And no, I'm not one of those who feel that African teams do not get cheated. i have been vocal about the issues the Falcons have faced. So I'm not being cheeky - please let me know your reasons.

He doesnt have to let you know. Just go through this thread and read contrary views to yours. Thats what he thinks!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

The Goddess wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
zoro wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
zoro wrote:
Go and watch the match.

He doesnt have to let you know. Just go through this thread and read contrary views to yours. Thats what he thinks!
Yes, he can choose to ignore me but it is not unreasonable to ask him why he disagrees with me. I'm sure the other people do not speak for him.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

aruako1 wrote:
The Goddess wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
zoro wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
zoro wrote:
Go and watch the match.

Yes, he can choose to ignore me but it is not unreasonable to ask him why he disagrees with me. I'm sure the other people do not speak for him.
I´ll guess other people might share his views because he didnt oppose them. Asking for his views again is going around the same circle or beating a dead horse. No end put!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

I´ll guess other people might share his views because he didnt oppose them. Asking for his views again is going around the same circle or beating a dead horse. No end put!
I don't share the views of everyone that I don't oppose. And as the VAR calls were correct nobody has really told us how Cameroon were cheated in that game. I'll leave him to decide whether to respond or ignore me.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i have no issues with what the Cameroon girls did...bottom line it is being talked about, just maybe all the cheating and bad calls by FIFA and FVAR will be addressed ..Well don to the girls from Cameroon...they fought for the continent, they've empowered women from the continent
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The Goddess
Egg
Egg

Post by The Goddess »

Bigpokey24 wrote:i have no issues with what the Cameroon girls did...bottom line it is being talked about, just maybe all the cheating and bad calls by FIFA and FVAR will be addressed ..Well don to the girls from Cameroon...they fought for the continent, they've empowered women from the continent
True
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Robbed Ko Rub ni....................Enough already. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

Bigpokey24 wrote:i have no issues with what the Cameroon girls did...bottom line it is being talked about, just maybe all the cheating and bad calls by FIFA and FVAR will be addressed ..Well don to the girls from Cameroon...they fought for the continent, they've empowered women from the continent
If they were to hear me, I asked them to score against themselves. That would have dealt a more deadly blow to the cheating.