Cameroon has been robbed

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
The Goddess
Egg
Egg
Re: Cameroon has been robbed

Post by The Goddess »

marko wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
marko wrote:Camerron could have scored 3-4 goals today, it would have ended different
Exactly! But they broke down psychologically.
Yes they thought some decisions were unjust, CAF needs to hold a meeting, we surely cannot send average sides to these competitons any longer, This is 2019!
Yeah yeah, what ever! Its always the victims fault. :roll:
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

I have said again and again VAR is there to assist the refs to eliminate African teams....just look at the Nigeria vs Argentina match last year. It has ruin the game...every single goal has to be reviewed.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

The Goddess wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
The Goddess wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
The Goddess wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
The Goddess wrote:

You can be pscyhologically beaten down due to discrimation, oppression and unfairness. There´s no way one can prepare themselves psychologically from these thing. You might know they exist but you dont know the reality of it. When you face it, its a whole other story.The girls are reacting this badly becuase they felt they had a chance and could challenge england.
Not really. England is not a world power in football. They have no reason to fear England. The fact that they feared England before the ball was kicked tells me they weren't psychologically prepared. And when you are not psychologically prepared you make mistakes. And that's exactly what happened to Cameroon.
They didnt fear england per se. Looking at the fifa rankings, england is supposed to be a far more superior team to Cameroon. They ´re the 3rd while Cameroon is the 46 th. Based on the rankings they´re the superior team and Cameroon was on the right to treat them with caution. The so called "mistakes" could only be seen becuase they were deem as mistakes. In another cenario they wouldnt have mattered.
Ranking means nothing if you are psychologically and physically prepared. USA lost to Ghana when USA was ranked #5 and Ghana was in 40s. What we had in today's game was a team that was psychologically defeated before getting on the field (based on your opinion).

I disagree! I never insinuated they were psychologically defeated. I said they were right to treat England with caution who are not only superiroly ranked but also topped their group.The least was to officiate the game fairly.
I agree...they should officiate the game fairly, but if you are good you are good. Cameroon just wasn't good enough. They had too many chances but couldn't convert due to psychological breakdown.
This is the same thinking which always leads to bias officiating in the first place. No human is immune to psychological break down no matter how tough or prepared you are.
If you are good and you are psychologically prepared you will be immune to psychological breakdown. USA has proven this over and over again. If Cameroon was number one in the world and played against number 90 there is no amount of bias from the ref that'd psychologically brake down Cameroon. But when you are not good enough you are constantly looking to refs for assistance. Granted the refs didn't help Cameroon but Cameroon was not good enough to win anyway.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

The Goddess wrote:
marko wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
marko wrote:Camerron could have scored 3-4 goals today, it would have ended different
Yes they thought some decisions were unjust, CAF needs to hold a meeting, we surely cannot send average sides to these competitons any longer, This is 2019!
Yeah yeah, what ever! Its always the victims fault. :roll:
You should stop playing the victim's card. Cameroon was not good enough to win the game. If they were the game would have ended 4-3 Cameroon. The refs were against Australia yesterday but they fought through and only lost in a penalty shootout after coming back to tie the game. That's heart.

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

***Breda = Br****
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

SOME OBSERVATIONS

1) The VAR is a disaster - it doesn't stop subjectivity yet prolongs and disrupts play.
2) Maybe it's coincidence but it seems every VAR review went against the African and other "smaller" teams. Let me know of one that didn't.
3) I'm beginning to believe I don't understand the offside rule anymore: the England girl seemed clearly offside to me but was ruled legit and even the commentators could not say why it was not offside. Yes, the Cameroonian was offside the way I understand it and guess what, the refs got it right (of course).
4) The backpass (was it or was it just a matter of poor trapping?) is the kind of discretionary call some other ref would have ignored but not when the transgressors are Africans. I saw some seemingly infractions against the "big" teams which the refs ignored.
5) The decision by the Cameroon coach to make his girls play was absolutely the right call. Leaving the pitch which is one of the problems in African soccer is bush league and doesn't help the game. Had they left, that would have been the subject of commentaries around the world turning the focus from the injustice I think they were subjected to.
6) CAF needs to diligently compile these grievances and make a vigorous protest to FIFA (I wonder how much CAF officials would go possibly preferring not jeopardize their position in FIFA)
7) The deficiencies of the African women (and men too) have been chronicled here. Unfortunately, some seem to suggest that this deficiency justifies poor treatment at the hands of the refs. Folks, these are two different issues and stop conflating them.
8) There are those who, located thousands of miles away, are telling us that somehow the Cameroon girls were psychologically defeated before they got on the pitch. How did they know this? The team I saw seemed prepared and were doing well until they began to realize their opponent included the refs. It's understandable when every call seems to go against you and the benefit of doubt goes the other way.
9) CAF needs to get together and do something about the quality of their squads they send out. Acting with low expectation and doing nothing about it is unacceptable. If they can't improve their teams (they can with creativity and wisdom), let them keep them at home.
10) Soccer worked well without VAR and all these nonsenses (water breaks, timeout, etc) FIFA seems to be introducing. The favored teams mostly won anyway. I say get rid of the VAR. I can't see where it has helped. Even the goal line technology. Time to roll things back.
Bell
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Bell wrote:SOME OBSERVATIONS

1) The VAR is a disaster - it doesn't stop subjectivity yet prolongs and disrupts play.
2) Maybe it's coincidence but it seems every VAR review went against the African and other "smaller" teams. Let me know of one that didn't.
3) I'm beginning to believe I don't understand the offside rule anymore: the England girl seemed clearly offside to me but was ruled legit and even the commentators could not say why it was not offside. Yes, the Cameroonian was offside the way I understand it and guess what, the refs got it right (of course).
4) The backpass (was it or was it just a matter of poor trapping?) is the kind of discretionary call some other ref would have ignored but not when the transgressors are Africans. I saw some seemingly infractions against the "big" teams which the refs ignored.
5) The decision by the Cameroon coach to make his girls play was absolutely the right call. Leaving the pitch which is one of the problems in African soccer is bush league and doesn't help the game. Had they left, that would have been the subject of commentaries around the world turning the focus from the injustice I think they were subjected to.
6) CAF needs to diligently compile these grievances and make a vigorous protest to FIFA (I wonder how much CAF officials would go possibly preferring not jeopardize their position in FIFA)
7) The deficiencies of the African women (and men too) have been chronicled here. Unfortunately, some seem to suggest that this deficiency justifies poor treatment at the hands of the refs. Folks, these are two different issues and stop conflating them.
8) There are those who, located thousands of miles away, are telling us that somehow the Cameroon girls were psychologically defeated before they got on the pitch. How did they know this? The team I saw seemed prepared and were doing well until they began to realize their opponent included the refs. It's understandable when every call seems to go against you and the benefit of doubt goes the other way.
9) CAF needs to get together and do something about the quality of their squads they send out. Acting with low expectation and doing nothing about it is unacceptable. If they can't improve their teams (they can with creativity and wisdom), let them keep them at home.
10) Soccer worked well without VAR and all these nonsenses (water breaks, timeout, etc) FIFA seems to be introducing. The favored teams mostly won anyway. I say get rid of the VAR. I can't see where it has helped. Even the goal line technology. Time to roll things back.
Bell
Was France Robbed against Brazil on that disallowed goal? Is France a small team? Australia was at the receiving end yesterday too.

Soccer didn't work well without VAR. We complained and complained about the injustice before VAR. What VAR is doing now is exposing the injustices. Asking FIFA to rid of it is like encouraging corruption. I'd rather have the VAR and be robbed than not having it and be robbed.

***Breda = Br****
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

kolinzo wrote:

Bell
Was France Robbed against Brazil on that disallowed goal? Is France a small team? Australia was at the receiving end yesterday too.

Soccer didn't work well without VAR. We complained and complained about the injustice before VAR. What VAR is doing now is exposing the injustices. Asking FIFA to rid of it is like encouraging corruption. I'd rather have the VAR and be robbed than not having it and be robbed.

NOPE, FROM THE BRIEF THAT I SAW...

…the French player barged into the keeper and there's a tendency to protect vulnerable keepers in such situations. BTW, by reasons of their pedigree in the men's game, and even the women's, Brazil is not usually classified with the "small" teams. And I'm not saying calls don't go against the big teams - only that they get the benefit of doubt when the opponent is one of the lesser teams.

If people complained before the VAR, they are now ready to go to war against it. The same teams always won without them anyway so what difference does it make?
Bell
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

If Cameroon was robbed, it was probably of their intelligence!

Even if the defender never intended a back pass, reality is she passed the ball back.

What is more, an elementary principle of defense is safety first. Which means that the GK failed woefully in what was a very basic task of simply kicking the ball out.

I’m not even going to bother with the offside calls...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

And cameroon had several scoring opportunities, that should be added as well, could not convert their many chances
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

txj wrote:If Cameroon was robbed, it was probably of their intelligence!

Even if the defender never intended a back pass, reality is she passed the ball back.

What is more, an elementary principle of defense is safety first. Which means that the GK failed woefully in what was a very basic task of simply kicking the ball out.

I’m not even going to bother with the offside calls...
NO QUESTION ABOUT THAT; IN THE ABUNDANCE OF CAUTION...

…most keepers would have simply booted that ball out. You wonder what she was thinking. That said, if that same play took place with one of the big teams, would the ref have ignored it, using her discretion to consider it a non-backpass? The issue here is that countries like Cameroon never are given the benefit of doubt.
Bell
dapoka
Egg
Egg

Post by dapoka »

Bell
Yes you do not understand the offside rule. Toni Duggan was offside but she wasn't interfering with the play. No arguments.

I do feel disallowing the Cameroon goal was harsh. In my opinion not the right application of VAR. if you have to draw lines to prove who's offside who's not (i.e not clear and concise) you might as well play advantage to the offence. Why should Cameroon have to pay for goalkeeper mistake.
blessed is the man that deos not expect anything good from another person because they shall not be dissapionted
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

dapoka wrote:

Bell
Yes you do not understand the offside rule. Toni Duggan was offside but she wasn't interfering with the play. No arguments.

I do feel disallowing the Cameroon goal was harsh. In my opinion not the right application of VAR. if you have to draw lines to prove who's offside who's not (i.e not clear and concise) you might as well play advantage to the offence. Why should Cameroon have to pay for goalkeeper mistake.
PLEASE DEFINE "INTERFERING" AND...

…assure me it's not a discretionary call. In the rapid movements taking place, with players moving around, how does a defender decide who's "interfering" in the play?
Bell
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Bell wrote:
kolinzo wrote:

Bell

NOPE, FROM THE BRIEF THAT I SAW...

…the French player barged into the keeper and there's a tendency to protect vulnerable keepers in such situations. BTW, by reasons of their pedigree in the men's game, and even the women's, Brazil is not usually classified with the "small" teams. And I'm not saying calls don't go against the big teams - only that they get the benefit of doubt when the opponent is one of the lesser teams.

If people complained before the VAR, they are now ready to go to war against it. The same teams always won without them anyway so what difference does it make?
Bell
But French people disagree with you, sir. This is the beauty of the game.

As for VAR, it is the right tool to have. What we are witnessing right now is the early struggle of understanding its use. It's still new and they will continue to improve. But not having it is like saying "the hand of God" is always good for the game. NOPE!!

***Breda = Br****
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote:
Goalgetter wrote:The Cameroonian players wanted to walkout and their stupid coach made stay and play. That was dumb from the coach. At that point they were psychologically done with this match and should have rightfully walked out in protest. That would have been effective in this age of social media and served as wake up call for FIFA.
That is no reason to walk off. The coach DID THE RIGHT thing. Yes, the girls were demoralized and felt cheated. But reality is that the VAR was actually correct on all those calls even the second goal by England. If you took a look at England's goal, the Cameroon fightback kept the goal scorer insides. Let me also add that that opportunity to score that Cameron had saved by the keeper would have been rightly chalked off for offsides if she had scored. In that case, two players were clearly offside and one of them received the ball but the England goalie had it cleared.

Now, do I believe the VAR guys have always made the right call? Not at all. For instance, I felt the first German goal yesterday against Nigeria should have been canceled because a German girl, in an offsides position, interfered with the play. But on today's calls, no matter how frustrated we all were by the calls, they were the correct calls.
That the VAR was actually correct is your own opinion which I do not share. I think the French girl appeared to be offside. As for the purported back pass, that is really a discretionary matter. When a ball is played back within just a few feet of goal, there is an inherent danger of an own goal. Under such circumstances, the goalie is usually given the benefit of the doubt should he choose to defend his goal by all means necessary. It’s for the same exact reason a goalie is not penalized for using his hands to prevent a goal when a defender attempts to clear the ball and instead, sends it towards his own goal. The point is that in such matters of the ref’s discretion, the small teams like Cameroon and Nigeria always seem to get the short end of the stick. The Cameroonian coach, in my humble opinion, did the responsible thing but I’m not so sure it was the right thing. Based on a host of injustices that I have observed over time in both the men’s and women’s competitions, from the attempted premature retirement of Onazi for which Matuides didn’t so much as get even a yellow card to the penalty denied Nigeria when an Argentinian defender handled the ball in the box to the clotheslining of Iheanacho in the penalty box which was ignored to all the atrocities we have all witnessed against the smaller teams in the on-going women’s World Cup, I’m inclined to believe that, as much as I am not in favor of walkouts, something drastically dramatic needs to occur on-field for FIFA to take a serious look at the behavior of her officials :!:

Cheers.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Goalgetter wrote:The Cameroonian players wanted to walkout and their stupid coach made stay and play. That was dumb from the coach. At that point they were psychologically done with this match and should have rightfully walked out in protest. That would have been effective in this age of social media and served as wake up call for FIFA.
That is no reason to walk off. The coach DID THE RIGHT thing. Yes, the girls were demoralized and felt cheated. But reality is that the VAR was actually correct on all those calls even the second goal by England. If you took a look at England's goal, the Cameroon fightback kept the goal scorer insides. Let me also add that that opportunity to score that Cameron had saved by the keeper would have been rightly chalked off for offsides if she had scored. In that case, two players were clearly offside and one of them received the ball but the England goalie had it cleared.

Now, do I believe the VAR guys have always made the right call? Not at all. For instance, I felt the first German goal yesterday against Nigeria should have been canceled because a German girl, in an offsides position, interfered with the play. But on today's calls, no matter how frustrated we all were by the calls, they were the correct calls.
That the VAR was actually correct is your own opinion which I do not share. I think the French girl appeared to be offside. As for the purported back pass, that is really a discretionary matter. When a ball is played back within just a few feet of goal, there is an inherent danger of an own goal. Under such circumstances, the goalie is usually given the benefit of the doubt should he choose to defend his goal by all means necessary. It’s for the same exact reason a goalie is not penalized for using his hands to prevent a goal when a defender attempts to clear the ball and instead, sends it towards his own goal. The point is that in such matters of the ref’s discretion, the small teams like Cameroon and Nigeria always seem to get the short end of the stick. The Cameroonian coach, in my humble opinion, did the responsible thing but I’m not so sure it was the right thing. Based on a host of injustices that I have observed over time in both the men’s and women’s competitions, from the attempted premature retirement of Onazi for which Matuides didn’t so much as get even a yellow card to the penalty denied Nigeria when an Argentinian defender handled the ball in the box to the clotheslining of Iheanacho in the penalty box which was ignored to all the atrocities we have all witnessed against the smaller teams in the on-going women’s World Cup, I’m inclined to believe that, as much as I am not in favor of walkouts, something drastically dramatic needs to occur on-field for FIFA to take a serious look at the behavior of her officials :!:

Cheers.
dear uncle pussu killa. Please go and read, and try to understand the back pass rules . Rule 12 of the law of the game. The highlighted shows you are clearly clueless as usual. A defender attempting to clear the ball but instead sends it toward his goal is not "deliberately kicking the ball to his goal keeper"

Thanks in advance

Cheers
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

marko wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
Just STFU dude! You talk so much sheet. What an uncle tom. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

With Africans like you, who needs a david duke?
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

After watching the game a second time, I have come to the following conclusion.
As a supporter of more technology to help referees make better decisions, I have to agree with the decisions made by VAR.
The first goal was really a keeper mistake. Why did she pick up the ball, when it was last touched by a defender? To me, this is where Africans have to be smarter. If they believe they are being unfairly treated, why take chances on such close calls? The keeper should just kick the ball and be done with it. The referee has a valid case to calling that Free Kick. But the keeper has not excuses for putting her team in this position in the first place.
The second goal was not offside. The player who was offside wasn't interfering with the play and therefore not offside.
The Cameroon goal was really a close call. There is a say that if both defender and attacker are on the same line, the attacker gets the advantage. I believe Cameroon's goal should have stood. She could have been considered at the same line as the defenders. Cameroon's attacker was very very slightly over.

On the other hand, Cameroon forwards missed lots of opportunities. It is really unfortunate. They gave their best and need to work on their finishing touches.
I command the coach for keeping the girls on the pitch. That was needed. We can't just quit.
The lesson Africans teams need to remember is that, they must play the perfect game to prevail. This is a fact of life. It is no different than immigrants (or Blacks) living in the White man's world.
You are expected to be perfect to succeed. Blacks must always prove that they are innocent. While Whites are always innocent until proven guilty.
These are the facts of the world we live in. We just need to learn to deal with it better.

Hope the girls continue to work harder. I'm proud on how they represented the country. They will be back.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

VAR is not a disaster. It is much needed technology to improve decisions. And it has done its job.
Yes you are correct. You don't understand the offside rule at all. Check Google or Youtube.
In regards to be backpass, it could have been called either way. The referee was not wrong to call a FK there.
Bell
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Listen to the British .. what an angel*.
[/video]
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Typical Cameroon, smh.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

metalalloy wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Cheers.
dear uncle pussu killa. Please go and read, and try to understand the back pass rules . Rule 12 of the law of the game. The highlighted shows you are clearly clueless as usual. A defender attempting to clear the ball but instead sends it toward his goal is not "deliberately kicking the ball to his goal keeper"

Thanks in advance

Cheers
The Good Lord must have forgotten to give you a brain because you didn’t understand a word of what I said. Did you understand the phrase “inherent danger of an own goal”. Clearly, you didn’t otherwise you wouldn’t have written the nonsense you did... and by the way, there are many situations where passing the ball back is not considered deliberate. Close proximity to the goal is one of them :!:

Cheers.
jus2nang
Egg
Egg

Post by jus2nang »

There was no robbery here at all.

The keeper should have known better than to pick the ball up for the first.

The Cameroonian fullback kept the goalscorer onside for the second.

The disallowed Cameroon goal was very tight, but ultimately the correct call - very similar to Lacazette having his goal disallowed against Stoke in his first season - part of the foot was offside. The problem here is the rule "any playable part of the body". They should go back to needing "daylight" - that would actually give the benefit to the attacker (which at one point was the idea).

The rules were applied correctly on all 3 decisions. The Cameroonian ladies embarrassed themselves yesterday, simple. Anything else is really discrimination of low expectations.
Some people are simply useless in their current role, like the guy in my avatar...
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Reading comments on BBC board and here on CE, opinions on Cameroon's behaviour mirrors continental allegiance.
However, my personal opinion is, it's unprofessional for African teams to be walking off the field or holding a protest on the field. It just gives detractors more ammunition.
Any protest must be done through proper channels.
On VAR, as long as we have emotions and opinions, VAR would still be as divisive as when there was no VAR. But by and large, it helps correct some otherwise human errors. Disagreements on VAR calls will never go away.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!