Senegal 2 Tanzania 0 FT

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Senegal vs Tanzania

Post by oloye »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
green4life wrote:The lack of defensive organization from Amuneke’s team so far is troubling

and people wanted him to coach SE.

God forbid.

this is the worst team so far by a long mile.
Tanzania obviously doesn’t have the quality to compete with Senegal but you haters don’t see that, instead your focusing on his career choices. Personally, I’m happy that Amunike is their coach as they aim to achieve football relevance. 10yrs from now this team will still be a big deal for Senegal and you’ll still be trolling on the internet.
People have their agendas, Tanzania is being beaten by Senegal and the coach is the problem... One just laugh and walk away from that kind of comment my brother
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
ElHadary
Suspended Member
Re: Senegal 2 Tanzania 0

Post by ElHadary »

So I think we can all agree that Senegal so far is the favorite to win this thing.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Senegal 1 Tanzania 0

Post by Cito »

Tanzania is worst of the bunch so far. They pass with hope not accuracy.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

vancity eagle wrote:
green4life wrote:The lack of defensive organization from Amuneke’s team so far is troubling

God forbid.

Tanzania obviously doesn’t have the quality to compete with Senegal but you haters don’t see that, instead your focusing on his career choices. Personally, I’m happy that Amunike is their coach as they aim to achieve football relevance. 10yrs from now this team will still be a big deal for Senegal and you’ll still be trolling on the internet.
and Namibia has the talent to compete with Morocco ?

Burundi has the talent to compete with Nigeria.

Those teams were well coached. Tanzania not so much.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

ElHadary wrote:So I think we can all agree that Senegal so far is the favorite to win this thing.
They have the players but there is something about their game I don't trust.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

oloye wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

God forbid.

People have their agendas, Tanzania is being beaten by Senegal and the coach is the problem... One just laugh and walk away from that kind of comment my brother

THe coach is not the problem, but he certainly is not helping.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

vancity eagle wrote:
oloye wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

God forbid.

Your comments so far does not suggest that. What do you think the coach could have done with these bunch a d against and team like Senegal.

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

vancity eagle wrote:
oloye wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

God forbid.

He got them to this stage. You cannot say he is not helping.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

@ Oloye, I did not say the coach is the only problem. The organization of the team was almost non existent in the first half. They have improved a bit in the second half. But the fact that your opponent has better players than you doesn’t excuse you not being able to maintain positional discipline on the field and make life difficult for your opponent. That has less to do with football skill. Going forward including transitions from defense to offense through their midfield is where I expect them to struggle. But failure to maintain your shape has nothing to do with skill.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

charlie wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
oloye wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

God forbid.

He got them to this stage. You cannot say he is not helping.
Sometimes I wonder if people know how to guage development and progress. For some it is all about 90 mins

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

oloye wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
oloye wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

God forbid.

Your comments so far does not suggest that. What do you think the coach could have done with these bunch a d against and team like Senegal.

What did the coaches of Burundi, Namibia, Zimbabwe do ?

Their teams held shape and had a plan.

This team is all over the place, wreckless, and a tactical mess.

Sometimes you need to stop being blindly patriotic and accept the truth. Tanzania has been an eyesore.

This entire competion thus far has been a theme of minnows holding their own against much bigger teams. So what did those teams do that was different ? I suggest coaching is a major factor.

The one exception is this match, and you have to look at the coach unfortunately.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Lets see what happens when Burundi and Namibia get walloped in subsequent matches.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

green4life wrote:@ Oloye, I did not say the coach is the only problem. The organization of the team was almost non existent in the first half. They have improved a bit in the second half. But the fact that your opponent has better players than you doesn’t excuse you not being able to maintain positional discipline on the field and make life difficult for your opponent. That has less to do with football skill. Going forward including transitions from defense to offense through their midfield is where I expect them to struggle. But failure to maintain your shape has nothing to do with skill.
I asked you a couple of questions which you refused to answer. Why do you think organisation breaks down? You said it has nothing to do with ability, I find that a strange comment. A good organisation is made up of the plan and able actors. Even in the business world a well organised business company is about the personnel. The problem here is many folks simply refuse to see football any other way. You can teach players to do this and that on the field, but all that can be ripped to pieces when the game kicks off, by the opponent being better, stronger, more skilful, more intelligent, etc.

That is why players are better than on another and are rated better than others. Senegal has enough firepower to destroy any team on the continent.

You said they have played better in the second half, yes that also can be because they have corrected their errors in the first half, I don't see the coach getting any credit here, does he not deserve that credit?

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

lacidi wrote:Lets see what happens when Burundi and Namibia get walloped in subsequent matches.
Knowing how VE operates he would disappear for some days and show up with apology :lol: :lol:

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

vancity eagle wrote:
oloye wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
oloye wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

God forbid.

Sometimes you need to stop being blindly patriotic and accept the truth. Tanzania has been an eyesore.

This entire competion thus far has been a theme of minnows holding their own against much bigger teams.

The one exception is this match, and you have to look at the coach unfortunately.
A little research might show the reason why.

Olivier Niyungeko (Burundi coach) has been with his team since 2016
Ricardo Mannetti (Namibia coach) has been with his team since 2013
Sunday Chidzambwa (Zimbabwe coach) has been with his team since 2017

Emmanuel Amunike has been with Tanzania since August 2018
He hasnt even completed 12 months as coach yet

When you have more time to scout the players you want, and to properly coach a much less talented squad, it shows.
Last edited by charlie on Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

ElHadary wrote:So I think we can all agree that Senegal so far is the favorite to win this thing.
Still too early to make any prediction.

You want to play your best football at the latter stages of the competitin. You also need some luck to win Afcon.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Still too early to make any prediction.

You want to play your best football at the latter stages of the competitin. You also need some luck to win Afcon.
I agree. I wouldnt call this match a real test.
Still way too early to tell.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

vancity eagle wrote:Tanzania looks like easily the worst team in this competition so far. They look terrible.
Wait till u see Ghana.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Team to beat....Senegal.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

wale1974 wrote:Team to beat....Senegal.
That's what I'm saying.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

charlie wrote:

This entire competion thus far has been a theme of minnows holding their own against much bigger teams.

A little research might show the reason why.

Olivier Niyungeko (Burundi coach) has been with his team since 2016
Ricardo Mannetti (Namibia coach) has been with his team since 2013
Sunday Chidzambwa (Zimbabwe coach) has been with his team since 2017

Emmanuel Amunike has been with Tanzania since 2018

When you have more time to scout the players you want, and to properly coach a much less talented squad, it shows.[/quote]

fair enough.

But I dont think that alone explains this poor performance.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Senegal cannot be so wasteful if they want to win this thing. They should have had at least 6 goals in this match.
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

Too early to know, but from what I saw yesterday, even the Cranes may have a chance to go far.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!