Senegal 2 V 0 Amunike Tanzania

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Senegal 1 V 0 Amunike Tanzania

Post by vancity eagle »

mystic wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Mods shangalo this thread to world forum
Is Amunike not Nigerian? :roll:
I thought this was for SE only ..... No :???:
or is it because Amunike is an ex-SE, so it's OK to discuss his managerial matches too ....

we are paying close attention to this development :winking:
Amunike is our next SE coach.

God forbid such a terrible thing.

Why would that be so terrible? If he continues to prove himself worthy (and he has a very good resume, right now) then what is the problem?
So you want the guy who is coaching BY FAR the worst performing team of the tournament to take over SE.

Like I said.

Id rather give SSS another chance.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Senegal 2 V 0 Amunike Tanzania

Post by vancity eagle »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Rohr lost to a Senegal team without Sane last week...Also Rohr had better players compared to Tanzania
Did Senegal completely dominate play, and miss 6 or 7 sitters against us ?
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Bell wrote:
mystic wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
or is it because Amunike is an ex-SE, so it's OK to discuss his managerial matches too ....

Why would that be so terrible? If he continues to prove himself worthy (and he has a very good resume, right now) then what is the problem?

LOOK CLOSER, AND...

…you'll see his place of birth. And maybe, more importantly, the color of his skin.
Bell

It's easy to jump to that conclusion but I will refrain from ascribing such motives to VanCity. I think that he is overreacting to today's game which is understandable as they were quite poor. I will only say that I was priviledged to watch a couple of Tanzania's games in the qualifiers and their improvement under Amuneke has been immense. Even in the 2017 qualifiers when they gave us problems and were held to a 2-2 draw at home by Algeria, I didn't think they were very good. I rather thought that Nigerian and Algeria played down to their level. And this was proven when Algeria disgraced them when they played in Annaba (I think it was 7-0 or something like that).

It will be interesting to see if they can bounce back from today's performance. They really were that bad and will have to go back to the drawing board. Amuneke and his staff have a lot of work to do.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote:
mystic wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Rawlings wrote:

So you want the guy who is coaching BY FAR the worst performing team of the tournament to take over SE.

Like I said.

I am not advocating for Amuneke to coach the Super Eagles. I'm good with Rohr, who in my judgement is doing an excellent job. I am simply saying that in my own evaluation of Amuneke, in terms of the resume that he is building for himself, I have seen nothing to discount him from being a candidate for the Super Eagles job in the future.

As for his team's piss poor performance today, it is part of the evaluation, but not the sole game in which my evaluation is based on. The way you are talking, I doubt that you followed Tanzania in the qualifiers or watched any of their game. As I said in another post, based on how bad they were at the beginning, there aren't many coaches who could have accomplished what Amuneke did with them. That is part of the evaluation as well.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

we are paying close attention to this development :winking:[/quote]

Amunike is our next SE coach.[/quote]

God forbid such a terrible thing.[/quote]

Why would that be so terrible? If he continues to prove himself worthy (and he has a very good resume, right now) then what is the problem?[/quote]

LOOK CLOSER, AND...

…you'll see his place of birth. And maybe, more importantly, the color of his skin.
Bell[/quote]

It's easy to jump to that conclusion but I will refrain from ascribing such motives to VanCity. I think that he is overreacting to today's game which is understandable as they were quite poor. I will only say that I was priviledged to watch a couple of Tanzania's games in the qualifiers and their improvement under Amuneke has been immense. Even in the 2017 qualifiers when they gave us problems and were held to a 2-2 draw at home by Algeria, I didn't think they were very good. I rather thought that Nigerian and Algeria played down to their level. And this was proven when Algeria disgraced them when they played in Annaba (I think it was 7-0 or something like that).

It will be interesting to see if they can bounce back from today's performance. They really were that bad and will have to go back to the drawing board. Amuneke and his staff have a lot of work to do.[/quote]

MY RESPONSE WAS NOT DIRECTED AT ANY INDIVIDUAL

It's a response to the way indigenous coaches have generally and often been perceived and treated by various elements of the Nigerian society.
Bell
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Bell wrote:I thought this was for SE only ..... No :???:

Amunike is our next SE coach.[/quote]

God forbid such a terrible thing.[/quote]

Why would that be so terrible? If he continues to prove himself worthy (and he has a very good resume, right now) then what is the problem?[/quote]

LOOK CLOSER, AND...

Bell[/quote]

It will be interesting to see if they can bounce back from today's performance. They really were that bad and will have to go back to the drawing board. Amuneke and his staff have a lot of work to do.[/quote]

MY RESPONSE WAS NOT DIRECTED AT ANY INDIVIDUAL

It's a response to the way indigenous coaches have generally and often been perceived and treated by various elements of the Nigerian society.
Bell[/quote]

True. But that is a general statement and we are talking about VanCity here, who overreacts to everything.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote:
mystic wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Rawlings wrote:

Like I said.

How did Rohr do when he coached Niger (a team with a better pedigree than Tanzania) at the AFCON?